HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 30, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 332367
  • Total Topics: 7248
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: OOC - Pt 2 Stranded in Space  (Read 22412 times)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Pt 2 Stranded in Space
« on: February 27, 2006, 05:40:42 AM »
Okay, I figured I might as well start a Part 2 for the OOC thread as well as the In Character Thread

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 06:03:50 AM »
Thank you muchly :)
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 09:27:09 PM »
You're welcome!  Let the shooting begin :)

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 08:06:26 AM »
Shooting of everyone but me :P if that could be possible :)
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 05:15:32 AM »
Okay, as the Doctor and the rest of the crew come rushing out of the airlocks, Phill and Dutch do have an opportunity to get off an initial shot each at the robots before anything else happens. Prescott is still making his list as the commotion begins, so he can take cover quickly if he wants, then we will move into normal combat rounds. Phill has been targeting the robot nearest to the ship for awhile, so he can shoot it, Dutch presumably has been targeting one of the larger ones near the back wall, or could have been trying to target the smaller one in the cab of the crane, but that would be a more difficult shot.  I'll work out the actual mechanics of the combat on Saturday and get it posted then.  For those that haven't posted yet, please let me know if you are taking any unusual actions.  I will assume everyone is either dropping prone or using some part of the ship as partial cover unless you post otherwise

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 01:04:04 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Mar 2 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback
29233[/snapback]]I will assume everyone is either dropping prone or using some part of the ship as partial cover unless you post otherwise

Toulaan will drop prone behind whatever cover he can get, even if it is the side of the ship away from most combatants.  If he can't use the Control discipline (or any other telepathy based discipline) on any of the robots he'll blast away with his laser pistol.
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 03:18:36 AM »
The airlocks on the ship open up onto the top, so just dropping prone gives pretty good cover since you have the higher ground on all of the robots except the smaller one in the cab of the crane.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 03:30:36 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Mar 3 2006, 06:04 PM) [snapback
29258[/snapback]]
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Mar 2 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback
29233[/snapback]]I will assume everyone is either dropping prone or using some part of the ship as partial cover unless you post otherwise

Toulaan will drop prone behind whatever cover he can get, even if it is the side of the ship away from most combatants.  If he can't use the Control discipline (or any other telepathy based discipline) on any of the robots he'll blast away with his laser pistol.
I don't think the telepathy based disciplines will work on the robots, at least not at the level you are at, so, pick robot to blast away at  :P

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 05:49:35 PM »
Poor Short Robot better hope his cover protects him!
Hopefully I'll get at least some of the combat worked out and posted tonight (I have a late class so I might get delayed, they say yoga is supposed to be good for you, but I was a pretty hurtin unit the day after my first class last week).  I got a few questions about Robots answered by Nicholas (Thanks!) and am ready to go.
Another thing, are the email notifies working for those that set them up?  Mine don't seem to be for the in Character thread, not sure about this thread.  I do get them for another game I'm part of though.

Ahh, maybe I just need to click the "Enable email notification of replies" box on the fast reply instead of going through the "Options" dropdown box
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 05:51:30 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 05:06:58 AM »
As I feared, got home a little too late, and got a call from work with some weird problem installing a software update on a customer's system that I need to figure out before they show up for work in the morning. I guess the battle results will be done over the weekend.  Gives the last couple players a chance to post their actions.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 06:31:26 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 02:15:39 AM »
D'oh!  I screwed up my e-mail notification on the two new threads so I've been wondering why the game slowed down again  :blink:.  I've fixed my registrations now, though, and will be posting the pilot's mediocre intentions shortly.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 08:24:11 PM »
Nicholas, can you let me know if I'm handling the "Well-Aimed Shot" combat action correctly
For purposes of determining if you hit, there is a -20 to the OB.  So in Gribbles case he ends up with a 14 after all modifiers are taken into account.
For purposes of determining damage, I wouldn't have the -20 applied, so the damage roll would become 34, plus I would add another +10 to the modifier for weapon size, giving a total of 44.  Is that correct? (Plus if he rolled higher he could actually exceed the maximum damage cap by 10)

Also, the text for Two Gun Combo says that the penalty for the weapon in the off hand is -20, but the example seems to indicate that it is -25.  Since Robots have the Ambidexterity Talent, they ignore the penalty anyway, so it didn't affect the combat.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 08:59:09 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• Friends of RealRoleplaying
  • Knight Errant
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 10:00:38 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Mar 12 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback
29779[/snapback]]
Nicholas, can you let me know if I'm handling the "Well-Aimed Shot" combat action correctly
For purposes of determining if you hit, there is a -20 to the OB.  So in Gribbles case he ends up with a 14 after all modifiers are taken into account.
For purposes of determining damage, I wouldn't have the -20 applied, so the damage roll would become 34, plus I would add another +10 to the modifier for weapon size, giving a total of 44.  Is that correct? (Plus if he rolled higher he could actually exceed the maximum damage cap by 10)

Well-aimed Shot gives a -20 to OB. If the character connects, you don't get the 20 back, instead you only get 10 back but the damage caps can now be exceeded. If a character has poor skill, using Well-aimed Shot is a gamble.

Of course I may have misunderstood Power Attack (the original melee equivalent) but I'll check with Tim on this.

Quote from: QUOTE
Also, the text for Two Gun Combo says that the penalty for the weapon in the off hand is -20, but the example seems to indicate that it is -25.  Since Robots have the Ambidexterity Talent, they ignore the penalty anyway, so it didn't affect the combat.

The example has an error in it. Now fixed. The penalty is -20.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd
Publisher under license of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF & HARP SF Xtreme

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 10:16:03 PM »
Thanks!
I just posted the combat results, I won't fix the mistakes I made for this round but I will for next round.
The things I think I got wrong are the results for Well Aimed Shot (as above) and forgetting the -10 size modifier on the Critical tables for the Laser Pistols being small weapons.
In Round zero I missed the fact that the laser pistols and rifles also have Laser Sights which give a +10 bonus.
Although I am refering to some of the Robots as Small, they do actually fit into the Medium category, so there isn't a -10 penalty for size.  I'm not sure that the Large Robots actually fit into the Large category, but I let the +10 bonus for size apply anyway.
If anyone spots anything else they think I did wrong, please post it here, and start posting your actions for next round.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 10:28:17 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 01:22:39 AM »
Yes, you rolled very poorly for me... Ooops! I guess you meant things you did wrong in terms of rules.
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 04:20:52 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Mar 12 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback
29797[/snapback]]
Yes, you rolled very poorly for me... Ooops! I guess you meant things you did wrong in terms of rules.
Well, having your only remaining medical personal be the one to get shot probably isn't a great thing either  :o

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 04:28:50 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Mar 12 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback
29788[/snapback]]
If anyone spots anything else they think I did wrong, please post it here, and start posting your actions for next round.

Didn't see Toulaan's action for the round.  Was it spent figuring out that telepathy doesn't work on robots or were you generous to let him try something against that little buzzard in the cab?  Just curious.  :P
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 03:19:59 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Mar 12 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback
29802[/snapback]]
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Mar 12 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback
29788[/snapback]]

Didn't see Toulaan's action for the round.  Was it spent figuring out that telepathy doesn't work on robots or were you generous to let him try something against that little buzzard in the cab?  Just curious.  :P
:blink:  I was sure I had worked out an attack for you, but I see I missed it.  I think I have it noted down at home and just forgot to include it in the actual posting. I'll fill it in tonight.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 03:44:12 AM »
Okay, I added Toulann's action in.  He had missed his shot so that's probably why I forgot to include.
I did notice I missed a -10 modifier on Phills shot for the range on the small robot, I think I got everything else right though. But I do miss the dice roller utility.  My big purple dice are pretty good, but it's hard to do a cut and paste with them :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 03:44:43 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 04:20:17 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Mar 13 2006, 08:19 AM) [snapback
29820[/snapback]]
:blink:  I was sure I had worked out an attack for you, but I see I missed it.  I think I have it noted down at home and just forgot to include it in the actual posting. I'll fill it in tonight.

Not that I'm all that surprised.  Never know when that shot in the dark will payoff though.  :lol:

Advertisement