HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 30, 2017, 12:36:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 332367
  • Total Topics: 7248
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: OOC - Pt 2 Stranded in Space  (Read 22414 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• Friends of RealRoleplaying
  • Knight Errant
OOC - Pt 2 Stranded in Space
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 07:25:53 PM »
Technically Brent is using the HARP Fantasy stun rules. HARP SF uses my easier-to-resist mod:
>>>
When a character receives a result that says that they are Stunned for one or more rounds, the character will make a Stamina-based Resistance Roll. They must equal or beat a RR of 100 or they are stunned. If there is more than one round of Stun, the number to beat is raised by 10 for every round past the first.
Example: If the character receives a critical that gives three rounds of Stun, then the character immediately makes a Stamina RR(120) or he is stunned for 3 rounds. (base of 100 + 10 for each round beyond the first = 120 total).
<<<

However, there's some belief that 100 might be too easy. It may be sound to adjust this to 120. (Not 125 as others have suggested on the ICE boards as that leads to less rounded numbers, i.e. 135, 145, etc for higher stuns)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd
Publisher under license of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF & HARP SF Xtreme

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 08:23:17 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(NicholasHMCaldwell @ Mar 14 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback
29932[/snapback]]
Technically Brent is using the HARP Fantasy stun rules. HARP SF uses my easier-to-resist mod:
>>>
When a character receives a result that says that they are Stunned for one or more rounds, the character will make a Stamina-based Resistance Roll. They must equal or beat a RR of 100 or they are stunned. If there is more than one round of Stun, the number to beat is raised by 10 for every round past the first.
Example: If the character receives a critical that gives three rounds of Stun, then the character immediately makes a Stamina RR(120) or he is stunned for 3 rounds. (base of 100 + 10 for each round beyond the first = 120 total).
<<<

However, there's some belief that 100 might be too easy. It may be sound to adjust this to 120. (Not 125 as others have suggested on the ICE boards as that leads to less rounded numbers, i.e. 135, 145, etc for higher stuns)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Really?  I could have sworn I grabbed the 150 number from the HARP SF book, but I did have both books out when I was doing up the combat, so I might have just assumed they were the same.  I'll use 100 for the next round, I'd like to stick to the rules as printed as much as possible.

Well, indeed it is 100, not 150, I think it probably ends up working to the Players advantage so far anyway since the Robots failed more Stun rolls than the Players did, but I will correct it for future rounds.

Okay, double checking the numbers from Round 1 of combat, the only outcome that would be different if I had used 100 instead of 150 is for L.Robot.A, he would actually have made his resistance roll, but he's since he's still missing both arms, I don't think it will have much effect on the combat :)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 05:58:31 AM »
Hmm, we may have lost Dutch somewhere along the way.  I'll send jaysek a PM and make sure he knows a couple new threads have been started

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 03:56:16 PM »
Looks like Jaysek can't participate anymore, thus Dutches headlong dash across the landing bay...

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2006, 05:28:52 PM »
I spent last night fighting with getting a second moniter attached and working with my P.C.  As usual, what should have been a ten minute job turned into a several hour job with adaptors that didn't work and wrong video cards.  All working now and should make some of my projects alot easier to work on.  But, that meant no posting last night.
I'm out of town this weekend, but might get a chance to do the next round of combat Sunday night.  If not, I'll try for Monday.  That will give Toulaan and Reegus a chance to declare any actions for this round.  I'll generally assume if someone doesn't post that they are repeating the same action in subsequent rounds, unless it wouldn't make sense to do so.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 05:32:46 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 05:30:20 AM »
Round 2 posted.  Only thing I think I'm missing now is I forgot to look up what the maneuver penaties for the space suits are, could be up to a -15 penalty for anyone without the Armor skill.  I'll have to check that for round 3

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 05:31:36 AM »
And just in case it isn't clear from the descriptions, there is really only one robot effectively still in the fight, and that is the Large Robot that has just taken cover behind some crates.
The status of the smaller robot in the cab of the crane isn't known for sure, but it's currently out of sight.

Nicholas, are the modifiers for Reinforced Cover correct? 50% for half and 100% for full?  That is the same as Hard Cover and I would think from the description that might give a higher bonus, or is the difference just that Hard cover can be degraded into Soft cover after a few shots but Reinforced Cover can't?

• Knight Errant
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 02:30:16 PM »
Reinforced and Hard Cover give the same DB modifiers. Reinforced Cover does not degrade, however, and that is its principal advantage.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher under license of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF & HARP SF Xtreme

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 10:52:21 PM »
Thanks!
I've been out of town for the last several days, still am actually, but just getting ready to head for home, should be able to catch up on reading forums and such tonight and post the actions for next round sometime tomorrow.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 10:33:57 PM »
I'm going to start updating the character sheets to 4th level over the next few days.  If anyone prefers to do their own, or has any specific skills or talents they want to pick up, let me know.  I'll probably give everyone a couple or three ranks in their weapon, at least a couple people ranks in signalling (ships sensors).
If anyone wants the Sheild Training talent, let me know.  Other than that, I'll be boosting whatever skills seem the most reasonable.  I'll send you each a PM with a link to the updated sheets as I get them done.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 03:35:17 AM »
Everybody should now have received a PM from me saying which skills have been increased for level 4.  If anyone didn't get it, let me know.

I'm going to take a crack at doing a map of the docking bay in CC2, but don't hold your breath, I've only dabbled with it a few times.  For now, I'll post a text description in the In character thread

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 08:05:18 PM »
Actually, before I take a crack at the mapping, I will do up a list of equipment that is available.
There will be some standard packs that were put together for your original mission.
These will contain things like extra power packs, rations, first aid kit, water purification tablets (or something similiar), an appropriate scanner, foul weather gear, a hunting knife, flashlights, rope, sleeping bag, small tent, a toolkit appropriate to your profession and probably a couple other things as well.
There are also few extra laser pistols and rifles and other munitions, and a suit of fitted light armor (can't be worn with the space suits though) for anyone that wanted one (would have been arranged for when you were initially contacted for the mission).  And, of course, the capability to store any sandwiches made prior to heading out.
You can assume you grabbed the pack while you were putting on the space suits if you like.
I'll post a more detailed list of whats in the packs later.  In fact, I'll probably start a seperate thread for listing things like that, ship stats, equipment descriptions, etc.  Maybe even stats on things like the robots once the encounters are over.  Of course, there's a good chance you could run into more of them....

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 08:31:53 PM »
For those with fewer ranks in the Armor skill, you could opt for Ballistic or Reinforced Ballistic armor instead of Light Body Armor.  I think the stats for all of those were in the Combat Doc that I sent out to everyone.  If not, let me know, I could probably post the stats if Nicholas is okay with that.

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 01:54:34 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 11 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback
31704[/snapback]]
For those with fewer ranks in the Armor skill, you could opt for Ballistic or Reinforced Ballistic armor instead of Light Body Armor.  I think the stats for all of those were in the Combat Doc that I sent out to everyone.  If not, let me know, I could probably post the stats if Nicholas is okay with that.

No thanks... doesn't fit the character. I'll just try not to get myself in the front lines too much.  :D
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 05:07:07 AM »
I've started a new (closed) thread where I'll be posting various equipment or other notes that we may want to reference fairly regularly.  First thing up is a list of what is in the standard packs, keeping in mind that your original mission was going to involve some tramping around through wilderness.

• Knight Errant
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 09:43:43 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 11 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback
31704[/snapback]]

You may post the stats.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 06:07:21 AM »
Okay, I've posted the stats for the armor in the Stats and Equipment thread.
Does anyone know if there is a way to create tables in these forums?  It even strips out extra padding spaces.  Very annoying

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 05:23:26 PM »
Crazy busy at work (and overtime) this week, getting prepped for the Users Conference that we are putting on this weekend out of town.  Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in some time to post responses in the In Character Thread if some new ones get added, but don't panic if you don't see anything from me for about a week.  I will be back!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 05:56:21 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 03:16:57 PM »
Welcome to Ironmaul, I've invited him to take over running Dutch and to join in the fun  :D

Off to the conference tomorrow, the prep hasn't been as hectic as I initially thought, but I will be out of touch for most of the weekend.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 05:23:23 PM »
Apologies for posting here uninvited:

With regards to tables in posts...it's a pain isnt' it!

Try creating a table in Word then adding it as an attachment or cut and pasting an excel document into a word document and doing the same thing.

...mutter mutter, I wasn't invited....you obviously don't want your game to come to a grinding halt!  :unsure:

(my reputation preceeds me!!    :( )