HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2017, 06:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 2680
  • Latest: Electra
Stats
  • Total Posts: 335277
  • Total Topics: 7278
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 15
Total: 17

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel  (Read 18661 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« on: December 01, 2006, 03:56:43 AM »
Summary of previous chapter will go here as soon as I get it done

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 04:34:35 AM »
Positions Everyone:

Toulan is on the far side of the tree
Zaras is unconscious inside the undamaged train car.

Prescott is in front of the undamaged train car, slightly past the damaged car, up on the roots of the tree talking with Toulan.

Gustav was a couple meters behind the undamaged train car, peering down the tunnel towards the lights, which are coming from the direction you originally came from.
Reegus was beside Gustav, also checking out the lights.
Dutch joined Reegus and has moved to the right hand side of the tunnel (when facing towards the light) to get some cover along the walls.
Dr Gribble and Phill have left the undamaged train car and they have moved to the left side of the tunnel.
Gustav, after shaking paws with Reegus, has backed up and is crouched down partially under the undamaged train car.

Ryan, hey!  What happened to Ryan?  Just realized nothing has been posted for him since we left the landing bay...  A PM is on it's way.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 05:28:55 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 04:58:27 AM »
Round 0 (Pre combat)

Gustav Perception  31 +  roll 92 = 123
Dutch Perception  34 + roll 77 = 101
Gribble Perception 31 + roll 41 = 72
Reegus Perception 49 + roll 22 = 71
Phill Perception 7 + roll 13 = 20


Looking down the tunnel, Gustav realizes that even though there are half a dozen lights, they look like they are likely being moved around by two individuals. (Still about 100 meters away) Peering side to side down the tunnel, he quickly spots eight creatures that have been sneaking down the sided of the tunnel, four on each side.  He states this quickly into the comm, Dutch then immediately locates them as well, Gribble and Reegus can see the ones on the sides opposite from where they are (better angle).  Phill goes “huh?”  The closest creatures are only a dozen meters away at this point.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 03:34:45 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 07:32:19 AM »
Phill thinks fondly about his flinkies and wonders what the commotion is about.
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline Ironmaul

  • Grey Council
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2077
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 08:45:39 AM »
Dutch

Seeing the creatures approach in a not so friendly way, Dutch said through the comm, "Sneaky little buggers aren't they." Dutch grab a grenade from his belt pulled the pin and said "Let's see if the like fireworks*." and with that he lobbed the grenade.**
Through the comm the voice of Dutch can be heard counting,"Five...four...three..."


*I'm assuming that the Doc knows what Dutch means by "fireworks" so that he can alert the others to take cover.

** Dutch is aiming for the middle of the tunnel and in line to about the second last creatures.

Yeeeaharrr!!!

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 8720
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 11:07:44 AM »
Gustav the Rat

Sees Dutch launch something towards the approaching few... not quite realising exactly what it is..

It however soon occurs to him that it might be dangerous...after all Dutch is dangerous.

He looks up at (or over to Phil)...."Pssst! Get down....".

(OOC: He'll stay in cover and only open fire if he is spotted...)

(OOC2: Time to check what my psionics are... ;) )

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 10:33:49 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Grinnen Baeritt @ Dec 1 2006, 04:07 AM) [snapback
41054[/snapback]]
Gustav the Rat
(OOC2: Time to check what my psionics are... ;) )

[OOC]Good point, I don't think I ever did finish that up.  I'll get that to you pretty quick here.

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 07:22:54 PM »
Reegus - Pilot - Small enough to hide behind a talking rat?

With the sneaky ones spotted along the far side of the tunnel [OOC: the ones that he has the "better angle" on] Reegus readies his blaster as the grenade goes sailing down the tunnel.  As soon as the "fireworks show" begins, he takes aim at the lead creature (hoping to identify what species it is... but not entirely caring since it is sneaking up on him, after all) and opens up on it.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 11:46:51 PM »
The doc hears the countdown in his helmet and reckons he has time to fire at the nearest attacker before diving for cover.

"Sons of mothers..."

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 8720
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 03:04:02 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Dec 8 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback
41435[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Small enough to hide behind a talking rat?

Gustav the rat - not stupid enough to be that useful  :rolleyes:

Continues to hide... using all available cover...including pilots if the just happen to get in the way.

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 04:43:40 PM »
Phill drops prone and reaches for his weapon...

Tries to assess the situation (ooc... good luck), first unusual thing to come into sight he blasts it.
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 06:43:07 PM »
The first thing Phil sees (and what others already spotted) looks something like this, it probably qualifies as "unusual" to everyone except Gustav:





Round 1 Initiative:
Initiative (insight bonus + quickness bonus + any modifiers + die roll)

30 - Reegus  11 + 11 + 8
26 - Gribble  10 + 12 + 4
25 - Ark 5   15 + 10
25 - Ark 1   15 + 10
24 - Ark 6   15 + 9
21 - Ark 8   15 + 6
20 - Ryan 11 +2 + 7
20 - Ark 7   15 + 5
19 - Prescott  12 + 2 + 5
17 - Phill  1 + 10 + 5 (Lightening Reflexes) + 1
17 - Ark 3   15 + 2
17 - Ark 2   15 + 2
16 - Toulan  9 + 2 + 5
16 - Ark 4   15 + 1
12 - Dutch   1 + 10 + 1
10 - Gustav   -4 +13 + 1

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 08:45:30 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 8720
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 08:29:20 PM »
Gustav the Rat

Things to go rather faster than Gustav expected....

(OOC: Hiding don't fail me now..... funny this happens in all my games the first to notice yet always the last to act... :rolleyes: )

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 08:33:38 PM »
Reegus - Pilot - Feeling an unusual burst of initiative

"One creepy dog-thing, goin' down."

*Bang* *Bang*
{OOC: or whatever noise his pistol/blaster/pea-shooter makes as he attempts to drop the lead "Ark" (?)}
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 08:53:53 PM »
Okay, just working out the results of round 1, but while I getting ready to post those, here is a very rough layout of everyone's postions.


Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 09:07:57 PM »
Round 1 Summary:
Reegus and Dr. Gribble fire off shots towards the walls opposite each other, their laser beams crossing paths in the middle of the tunnel, both of them finding their targets, Reegus hitting his square in the chest and the Doctor nailing his in the arm.

Dutch feels a sudden moment of discomfort as he is about to throw the grenade, causing him to pause just slightly, behind him he hears Reegus gasp as a sudden intense pain occurs in his arm.

Phill fires his rifle at the lights further down the tunnel, one of the lights drops to the ground and remains there, another one beside it lowers itself a little and stops moving around.

The Doctor then feels a sudden pain in his abdomen, but it’s not bad enough to distract him from the combat. The booze must be helping.  Phill then looks back at the Doctor as he feels a solid smack on his back.

Dutch then lobs the grenade, there is a resounding “Boom” as it echoes through the tunnel, the wind from the explosion extinguishes the few remaining flames on the tree, and the creatures stagger slightly away from the walls, now even Phill can spot them.

Gustav remains hidden under the car, but feels a slight tingle that he recognizes as a mental attack.  From the light of the explosion he also gets a good look at the opponents and can identify them as “Arks” or “Hound Folk”


Round 1 Detailed Combat Breakdown:

Reegus fires at Ark 1
+80 Roll
+47 skill
+10 Laser sight
-10 Range
-55 Ark DB
= 72 Total -10 for small Weapon = 62

Bolt sears across foe’s chest. Foe is stunned 3 rounds, bleeding 2 per round, at –15, and takes 23 Hits

Gribble fires at Ark 5
+45 Roll
+60 Skill
+10 Laser sight
-10 Range
-55 Ark DB
= 50 Total -10 for Small Weapon = 40


Bolt penetrates through outer skin of foe’s arm, leaving a deep moderate burn. Foe is stunned 1 round, and takes 15 Hits

Ark 5 – Now stunned so doesn’t attack
Ark 1 – Also stunned so doesn’t attack

Ark 6 – Does a “PSI Wounding – Tier 2 ” attack on Dutch

Spends 2 PEP’s to activate Tier 2 effect
+14  Roll
+74  Skill
-10 Tier 2 modifier range
-10 Tier 2 modifier Small Critical (roll d100 -10)
= 68 Total

Looking up 68 on the RR column of the Maneuver Table gives a result of 90
This is the target for Dutch’s Resistance Roll
+57 Roll
+41 Will
= 98 total, which beats the target of 90


Ark 8  – Does a “PSI Wounding – Tier 2 ” attack on Reegus

Spends 2 PEP’s to activate Tier 2 effect
+42  Roll
+74  Skill
-10 Tier 2 modifier range
-10 Tier 2 modifier Small Critical (roll d100 -10)
= 96 Total

Looking up 96 on the RR column of the Maneuver Table gives a result of 110
This is the target for Reegus’s Resistance Roll
+73 Roll
+26 Will
= 99 total, which fails to beat the target of 110

Reegus takes a Small Slash Critical (rolled separately)
+80 Roll
-10 Small
= 70 Total

The idiot used his arm to parry. Foe takes 18 Hits, is stunned 1 round, and is at -10

Ryan (if actually present) starts climbing on top of the undamaged train car and moves towards the front of the car

Ark 7 - Does a “PSI Wounding – Tier 2 ” attack on Gustav

Spends 2 PEP’s to activate Tier 2 effect
+41  Roll
+74  Skill
-10 Tier 2 modifier range
-10 Tier 2 modifier Small Critical (roll d100 -10)
= 95 Total

Looking up 95 on the RR column of the Maneuver Table gives a result of 110
This is the target for Gustav’s Resistance Roll
+66 Roll
+45 Will
= 111 total, which just beats the target of 110
[/size]

Prescott starts hoofing it back towards the combat

Phill, not having spotted the closer targets, fires at the lights further down the tunnel

+60 Roll
+91 Skill
+10 Laser Sight
-55 Ark DB
-30 Range
= 76 Total
[/size]
Foe takes bolt directly in lower arm. Foe is bleeding 2 per round, stunned for 4 rounds, and at –20. Foe also takes 26 Hits


Ark 3 - Does a “PSI Wounding – Tier 2 ” attack on Gribble

Spends 2 PEP’s to activate Tier 2 effect
+76  Roll
+74  Skill
-10 Tier 2 modifier range
-10 Tier 2 modifier Small Critical (roll d100 -10)
= 130 Total

Looking up 130 on the RR column of the Maneuver Table gives a result of 130
This is the target for Gribble’s Resistance Roll
+61 Roll
+37 Will
= 98 total, fails to beat the target of 130

Gribble takes a Small Slash Critical (rolled separately)
+ 65 roll
-10 Small
= 55 Total
[/size]
Slash to the abdomen. 16 Hits.

Ark 2 - Does a “PSI Wounding – Tier 2 ” attack on Phill

Spends 2 PEP’s to activate Tier 2 effect
+21  Roll
+74  Skill
-10 Tier 2 modifier range
-10 Tier 2 modifier Small Critical (roll d100 -10)
= 75 Total

Looking up 75 on the RR column of the Maneuver Table gives a result of 95
This is the target for Phill’s Resistance Roll
+48 Roll
+27 Will
= 75 total, fails to beat the target of 95
Phill takes a Small Slash Critical (rolled separately)
+ 36 roll
-10 Small
= 26 Total
[/size]
Solid blow to his back, but work on that follow through. 9 Hits

Toulan – starts crawling back up through the tree to get into the combat.

Ark 4 - Does a “PSI Wounding – Tier 2 ” attack on Phill

Spends 2 PEP’s to activate Tier 2 effect
+25  Roll
+74  Skill
-10 Tier 2 modifier range
-10 Tier 2 modifier Small Critical (roll d100 -10)
= 84 Total

Looking up 84 on the RR column of the Maneuver Table gives a result of 100
This is the target for Phill’s Resistance Roll
+98 Roll
+39 Second roll
+37 Will
= 174 total, beats the target of 100
[/size]


Dutch lobs the grenade, range to the middle of the tunnel and about the second last Arks is just under 12 meters ( they have moved forward a little by this point)
Range increment on Grenades is 3 meters, so range modifier is -30 (-10 per range increment after the first)

+90 Roll
+ 65 Thrown Grenade Skill (Tertiary Weapon)
-30 range
=125 Total.  This is greater than 101 so the grenade strikes the intended target

The grenade explodes and everyone remaining within the blast radius is at risk of suffering the effects. Characters may claim their normal DB against critical damage (such as Shrapnel damage), subtracting their DB from the result of the original attack roll. For grenades requiring RRs, resolve the RRs as normal.

Mark III Concussion Grenade – Blast radius of 9 meters, Medium Impact
All the Arks have taken their actions, so they cannot change their actions to “Escape Blast” actions (assuming they made successful Combat Perception rolls)
Width of the tunnel is about 6 meters, so without getting into a bunch of math, it seems likely that all the Arks will get hit.


Arks
+ 125 Original Attack Roll [/color](Nicholas, can you verifiy that the original roll is used here?)
- 55 DB
= 80

Chest blast staggers foe. Foe takes 19 Hits,
is stunned 5 rounds, and is at -25.



Gustav remains hidden under the train car, doesn’t think he had been spotted, but did notice the mental attack so now isn’t sure.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 03:37:17 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 09:16:12 PM »
"Woof!"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 09:17:48 PM by Gribble »
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 01:23:02 AM »
Actions for Round 2?

Offline Ironmaul

  • Grey Council
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2077
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 11:02:04 AM »
Dutch


As soon as the blast had detonated, Dutch steped out from the wall and roared"BLAST 'EM!'. With that Dutch opened fired on the nearest/healthy Ark(5-8).

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 8720
IC - pt 4 - Tangle in the Tunnel
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 12:02:48 PM »
Gustav the Rat

"eek.." thinks Gustav... rather slow on the uptake.

(OOC: Since he didn't take an action as such can he activates Defense, as part of his "hiding"?, I think this is +40? Since he can't tell whether the attack was directed at him specifically he'll stay in cover and shoot at the nearest target that seems to be looking in his direction)

 

http://saharaaventura4x4.com/ 4x4 Adventure holidays in Morocco