HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2017, 06:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 2680
  • Latest: Electra
Stats
  • Total Posts: 335277
  • Total Topics: 7278
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 14
Total: 16

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: IC - Stranded in Space - pt 5 - Welcome to the Jungle  (Read 14040 times)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space - pt 5 - Welcome to the Jungle
« on: June 19, 2007, 05:13:07 AM »
Everyone has made it up the ladder out of the tunnel and out onto the deck above which is very hot and extremely humid, almost 100% humidity. There is a haze in the air and the sounds of insects and birds can be heard clearly.  There is a path that leads away from the hatch opening and into the jungle straight ahead.   A little ways to the right, you can spot a huge tree, with a few wisps of smoke coming up near it.  It's position matches where the roots in the tunnel below would be.  The ladder itself went up almost 50 meters. There was a hatch at the top of the tunnel, which was about 10 meters tall, then the ladder went up another 40 meters and there was a second hatch, which opens about a meter above the ground.

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
Re: IC - Stranded in Space - pt 5 - Welcome to the Jungle
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 06:14:28 AM »
"Which way now, Dorothy?"

Asks the stunned doctotr.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:15:28 AM »
The Baron reaches out psychically to sense of any other unknown sentient being(s).

Max range (1m/rank for tier 2?)
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Jungle Trek (and bearing a grudge)

Still brooding about the tantrum Mr Gribble put and thinking of a hundred small ways to take revenge and some awful ways too, he has kept tagging along, biding his time.
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 09:34:30 AM »
Gustav the Rat

"Geee...it's hot. Guess we go this way..." He says pointing towards where the rear of the "ship" would be...

(OOC. I.e. using the same orientation as the tunnel we were following before we came up the ladder.)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 02:55:47 PM »
The Baron reaches out psychically to sense of any other unknown sentient being(s).

Max range (1m/rank for tier 2?)

You don't pick up anything in the immediate vicinity although you get a few glimmers just on the edge of your perception.

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 01:19:36 AM »
"Keep your eyes sharp folks.  possible intelligent life is close." the Baron announces to everyone (but not too loudly.)
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 10:14:53 AM »
Gustav the Rat

Wondering briefly about the term "possible intelligent life" and whether he fitted the bill.... he moves in the direction he suggested after re-lighting another cigar.

Strides off following the big man (who he assumes also heads off in the same direction..).

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 05:13:28 AM »
You walk for about five minutes and the plant life seems to be thinning out. It looks like there is a clearing up ahead, but as you get near it, you briefly see what appears to be an extremely large dragonfly scoot across the clearing.

Offline Ironmaul

• Grey Council
  • Baron
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »
Dutch

"Geeeezzzz....!" Dutch turned back to the others and said, "Did you see the size of that fother mucker!!" Dutch not sure what to expect next. He's now wondering if he's on one those bizzar acid trips like the ones he had back on that brothel moon "Utopia RU486. "Better fope to huck there's no mosquitos around, I bet they'll suck you dry faster then a ......never mind" Dutch said more so to himself and then continued onward more cautiously.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 10:32:55 AM »
Gustav the Rat

Takes cover behind Dutch.... checks that his cigar isn't one of those funny ones he found a few months ago...

"Oh. Giant insects. Wonderful."

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »
The doc straggles along at the back of the group.  The heat and humidity are sobering him up and his metabolism doesn't like it.  After a while his "patient" is forced to start helpin him along.

As the group pauses he gasps:

"Anyone got some water to drink?"

Offline Ironmaul

• Grey Council
  • Baron
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 11:21:43 AM »
Dutch

"I think there might be some water up ahead, Doc." Dutch lied, a smirk on his face from his friends discomfort. "Yep, cool refreshing water, ready for the parched lips of a sobering bone hack." ;D

Moving closer to the clearing, Dutch tries to see if there is any hostils or anything else of interest.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »
There is a body lying near the center of the clearing, it looks like it may be the Medic, or something else wearing his space suit.  The Ark tracks you have been following lead into the clearing as well.  As you get to the edge of the clearing, you think you hear some branches snapping and other sounds of someone traveling in a hurry, but the sounds are getting further away, not closer.  You also spot the insects again, but they are fairly distant, off in the same direction as the other noises.

Offline Ironmaul

• Grey Council
  • Baron
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 07:26:01 AM »
Dutch

Moving closer to the body in the centre of the clearing, Dutch kept a close eye on the opposite side of the clearing. Dutch then used the butt of his rifle to prod the body.....?

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 07:51:54 AM »
Gustav the Rat

He aids Dutch's search of the body by staying out of the way...

He looks for tracks around the edge, keeping a eye on the insects.

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 02:24:44 AM »
The Esper concentrates to sense any life remains in the body, careful to stay out of the way of Dutch.  "Gustav, be sure to keep an eye & ear out for any trouble." he says before starting his psychic scan.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 05:20:54 AM »
You are now quite certain that it is the Medic, and even more certain that he is dead.  He only has a few visible wounds, which at first glance would not appear to be enough to have killed him.  Most of his equipment, including his helmet, sidearm and first aid kit are missing.  The blood trail you have been following ends here, but a few feet away from the body.
Gustav does find a few tracks leading out of the meadow and onto a faint path that leads back into the trees.  One of the giant dragonfly's is now heading back towards the meadow, but is still quite distant.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 05:23:39 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 08:43:47 PM »
The doctor pulls his las-pistol and his hip flask simultaneously. 

"See ya in hell, nurse.."

He salutes as he draws a bead on the incoming critter.

(As long as he drinks from the right barrel, that is. Otherwise its two medics dwn and one drunk insect)

ICE webring