HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2017, 01:09:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 334015
  • Total Topics: 7270
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 12
Total: 13

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: OOC - Stranded in Space  (Read 17015 times)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« on: September 07, 2005, 02:04:19 PM »
This is where the character descriptions and other notes can be placed.

Characters will be created at third level to accomadate the interesting backgrounds being created as well as increase survivability.

Game mechanic notes will appear after regular postings like this:

You manage to manuever the ship past the doors and land, but one part of the landing gear ends up on a large crate, causing the ship to be tilted at a 20 degree angle.
[size=8]Piloting Skill +40 Hard Manuver -20 extra time taken +30 Roll +50 finally result = 80 = Partially successful [/size]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:55:35 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 02:23:14 PM »
Baron Toulaan Karza
Toulaan is an accomplished psionic, using his abilities when strength and science fail. He doesn't fall easily into any category of profession since he's seemingly done it all, spy, healer, assault force. Of all the jobs he's done espionage is perhaps his favorite but seems to be more talented in supporting troop actions and working as part of a small elite military team.

Toulaan was born to a ruthless duke. His mother died in childbirth and upon discovery of Toulaan's psionic abilities he was trundled off to the School of Assassins (sometimes called PsiCorps by those trained at the school.) Therein (the School of Assassins) he learned how to master his abilities in ESP, Telepathy and even began unlocking the secrets of manipulation of energy or matter (his trainers and he did not have time to explore those possibilities fully), when his father expedited his graduation from the dread school. After graduation he became his father's Master of Assassins.

Enraged at his father's ruthless manipulations to maintain his authority, Toulaan faked his own death and found his way into the galaxy at large, making his way however he could; usually by hook and by crook (or some combination thereof.)

Only God knows what Toulaan would have ended up like had he been raised by loving parents but the harsh conditions of his home and then the School of Assassins has warped Toulaan, possibly beyond repair. Some that have encountered him declare him to be the very devil himself while others are convinced he's a saint of the highest order. Who knows what will happen next in his life.

Mindbender, Esper, Teep; Toulaan has heard all the epithets for psionicists. Sometimes he's even earned them.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:55:58 PM by Maelstrom »
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:44:42 PM »
Doctor Octavius Gribble

Just how the former senior researcher of foetal implant R&D at the sector's most exclusive private hospital lost his job was known to only a few of the senior staff and they had agreed never to speak of the matter.

Dr. Gribble's subsequent back street career as an illegal genetic enhancer for the mob did make it into the newsfeeds, along with his five year sentence to the asteroid belt's mining/penal colony.

He is onboard the cruise liner working his passage as a physician.  He has had two warnings for being drunk and disorderly whilst (thankfully) off-duty and seems to spend a lot of his spare time drinking ot nursinga  hangover.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline allenmaher

• Herald
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 02:07:15 AM »
Phill Macklehenny

Phill is a space grunt... he prides himself on his ability to blow stuff up and shoot things. The best years of his life were in the military. He gave everything to them and it was the only place he ever felt like home. Dishonourable discharge... He gave everything to them! How could they? His commander told him to fire at anything that moved and he followed orders, damn it!

Well someone somewhere needs his help. He sure can't hack the civilian life, he'll take any job without questions to get out of that mess. All he wants to know is where they are and when to shoot. He doesn't like to ask questions. "Questions need answers and buddy you came to the wrong person for that." Life was better in the military.

The product of a low education and poor up-brining.  Phill was excited by the sense belonging and adventure of the military.  His Sargent kept calling him Harvey, he never did get that, but the nickname stuck.  Phill liked to belong and follow the crowd.

Not much for computers and complex machines, his hacking skills are limited to a hatchet and some firewood.  He hacked down a fence post once for fun,  his father accused him of being jealous of the post's intelligence.  (He wasn't far off the mark)

Drinking and loud music fill his off hours. Drinking and thinking about the good old days when everyone called him Harvey.  If he was half-ways pretty he might have found some romantic interests in his off hours... but such is not the case, and for that he is thankful,  his ideal of social accomplishment is being one of the guys. "come on guys, I wanna go to, where are we going anyway?"

<<Is that a little less one dimensional...  hopefully less puking this time...  I haven't played a low brow character in years I thought it might be fun.>>
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
    • http://
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 03:47:42 AM »
Character - Reegus Rallter
Player - Jason Buchanan
Role - Pilot

Reegus did his stint in the Corps for his mandatory service... but it was just never for him. At least the military angle. What kept him from going AWOL and trying to find his own way in life was his early-career promotion to pilot status. Nothing was more natural to him that running the space lanes hauling cargo, troops, or anything else that could be strapped down and shut up back in the cargo hold. He wasn't big on the social aspects of troop transport, but thinking of them as the sheep they were he could get through it.

As soon as he was cleared to muster out, though, he jumped at the opportunity. With a clean military record he had no problem taking on contract jobs all over the 'verse. He never considered himself a mercenary... though he did work for the highest bidder. Combat was never part of the deal when he took a job, which isn't to say that it never came up. It just wasn't as satisfying as the flying.

His ultimate goal is to save enough credits to buy his own ship... but he's taking it one step at a time.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 04:43:06 AM »
Another question for consideration (just for fun)
If a movie was going to be made of this adventure, which movie star would best be suited to play your character?  No limits on whether they are living or dead, pick whatever age would be suitable (i.e Elvis in his mid twenties would be a fine answer)

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 07:58:56 AM »
Al Pacino
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline allenmaher

• Herald
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 08:19:23 AM »
Jimmy Stewart (in his younger years)

Think Mr. Deeds goes to Washington, and that other one about a rabit.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 08:21:57 AM by allenmaher »
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 01:21:56 PM »
Walter Koenig reviving the role he played in Babylon 5.  Bester was probably one of the best played villians I've seen in a very long time.  That character was just so evil!  (not that Toulaan will be as coldly evil as Bester.)
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 03:54:29 AM »
It wasn't my original intent... but Harrison Ford in that little space movie from the late 70's might fit the bill ;)
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 04:21:29 AM »
Character:  Ryan DeWitt
Player: Thom Jones
Role: Academic - Economist / Explorer / Logistician
Actor: George Clooney

Ryan DeWitt spent his early years at the university. His studies were focused on economics and business with a focus on logistics.  Throughout his studies he always knew there was something more out there for him.  He continued his studies, but he always knew there would be something more for him.  When the opportunity came for him to begin his interplanetary missions he leaped at it.  The next few years were rather uneventful, and most of his energy went into learning how to work the deal and spot the opportunity.  He picked up some basic skills in self-defense, but his expertise remains to this day in his ability to develop business deals with incredible diplomacy.

With others he is often well-liked and considered to be a good friend. He does tend to keep his own life and interests private, but is always willing to listen to others. Should anyone need to vent or blow off steam or pour out their heart - Ryan is usually there.
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 05:11:12 PM »
I like the descriptions so far, makes it much easier to generate the characters.  Unfortunately I ended up catching a nasty cold on Friday which pretty much wiped out my weekend and I didn't get anything done on character generation.  Hopefully I can get them rolled up during the week.  Now that I decided to make everyone third level, it will take a little longer to do up the characters, but I think it will make for a better game.

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 05:18:25 PM »
No worries.  Just looking forward to a good game.

ABout the ship combat...
You don't really need to work up all that stuff for a prearranged result.  Just let us players have some fun using our skills.  :P   So long as we get to do some damage to their ship too.  Might make any adventures on their ship a little more exciting if we have to deal with consequences from the damage we caused them.  :blink:

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 07:29:23 PM »
Turns out that there are some ships in the book, I just missed them the first time around.  I'm not going to run the whole combat, just the last few shots to determine some of the details on how the adventure will begin (and to demonstrate some of the skills in use  :D )

Is there anyone who signed up that wouldn't be able to open up an Excel spreadsheet?  I've got one that I'm using to do up the characters
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 07:34:34 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 05:06:19 AM »
OKay, I got a couple of the characters done and sent out to people. Hopefully I can get a couple more done over the next few days.  If anyone can't work with an Excel sheet, please let me know.

I've also added an In Character thread for anyone that wants to participate in some "pre-game" character interactions.  The scene is set in the lounge of a space station that is a jump off point for many destinations on the frontier.  Your characters have either already been hired as crew for the ship going to the frontier, or you are planning on being passangers on the ship, checking out some job opportunities away from the central planets of the Federation
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 05:26:56 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 08:55:11 AM »
Character : Prescott Harland
Player : Crayok
Role : Engineer , Mechanic and Alcohoolic drinks dealer ( a perfect star trek's Scotty ;) )
Actor : Kyle MacLachlan

Prescott was born on a rural backwater planet. As soon as he could he left for the planet only metropol to live for himself. There he attended high school to become an engineer and journey off into space , paying for the studies with a part time job as a mechanic.
It was hard on him and could not afford much , so he attended dutifully student parties. It was there that he developped a taste ... and a knack , for alcoholic drinks. He limited excesses to a minimum, as he could not afford to lose his job , nor lower his grades. He nonetheless developped a small collection , which is ever growing at present day.

When he graduated from university , it was not with outstanding performance , as it could have been if he had not to have fend off for himself all the while. But it was enough to soon get enlisted aboard a merchant freighter.

From then on he drifted from ship to ship , never staying more than 2 years aboard the same ship. From a line cruiser once to a century old cargo freighter old enough for scrapping , journeying on all kind of ships has broadened his knowledge of ships systems , tinkering and jury rigging.

He has had dealings with opposite sex once in a while but he never got it past the occasional stage. He generally had good relationship with crew members ( techs and non techs alike ) and made himself a good reputation , which eased his job hopping.

Recently he has been hired by some DeWitt guy. Not quite remembering what it exactly it was about , the proposal went at a good time, and he relished the change.

Note : He never stopped somewhere without inquiring about and try to acquire local alcoholic beverage(s).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 08:56:10 AM by crayok »
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 06:10:33 PM »
I have to go out of town this evening for the weekend... so hopefully we'll all have character sheets and be ready to go by the time I get back.  But if things need to kick off this weekend I'm sure that Reegus can find the flight stick without me for a day or two ;).
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 07:33:33 PM »
I'm also out of town this weekend, without computer access, but I will be back Sunday night and I have Monday off work, so I should hopefully have the characters done by Monday night.  This week was a zoo at work and I got alot less done on this game than I had hoped.  But I am bringing my books with me this weekend and will be making notes on the characters to make things go quick when I get back  :D

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 08:35:55 PM »
No worries.  With the near legendary Ob1 on the job I know this will be a great game!  B)

While we're at it...
I post from work and rarely post from home, so don't expect many posts from me during the weekends.  I'm good about posting during the week though.  :D

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 09:31:57 PM »
I too post many more from work than home.
Adding to that THIS week end i'll be particularly out of my home ;)
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China