HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2017, 12:49:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 335166
  • Total Topics: 7277
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 13
Total: 14

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: OOC - Stranded in Space  (Read 17057 times)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 10:46:43 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Sep 16 2005, 08:35 PM)
No worries.  With the near legendary Ob1 on the job I know this will be a great game!  B)

Yikes! No pressure there!  :blink:
When exactly did I become near legendary?  I must have blinked and missed that :P

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 12:34:30 AM »
Okay, I've got character sheets sent off to everyone who has posted a description in this thread
The players that haven't posted here yet and that I haven't done sheets up for yet are:

Player: Theros
Character: Zaras  
( there is a good description in the original recruitment thread that I will work from)

Player: Melkor
Character : ?  (ex-soldier)

Player: Munchy
Character: ? (medic)

If Melkor and Munchy could post some expanded descriptions that would be helpful.
There's some fun stuff going on already in the IC Thread, be sure to pop in. :D

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 04:46:40 AM »
I have realized that one thing I didn't do when creating the Characters was to take advantage of Training Packages. I'll be retrofitting these into the characters, so most of you will likely gain a couple extra ranks in some skills and maybe have a few DP's left for some skills you'd like to have that I may not have included (i.e extra ranks in things like Alcohol Appreciation  :P
Also, as I've done each character, I've made more fixes and adjustments to the Character sheet, so this will give me a chance to make sure everyone's sheet has all the corrections.
Before I go back to the characters that I've already done up, I'm going to do the ones I haven't started yet, so that will give everyone a few days to get any requests for adjustments in to me.
In case anyone doesn't have it, my email address is brent@ob1knorrb.com if you prefer to send a message directly to me rather than using the PM function in the forums

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2005, 12:27:55 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Sep 20 2005, 12:34 AM)
Okay, I've got character sheets sent off to everyone who has posted a description in this thread
The players that haven't posted here yet and that I haven't done sheets up for yet are:

Player: Theros
Character: Zaras  
( there is a good description in the original recruitment thread that I will work from)

Player: Melkor
Character : ?  (ex-soldier)

Player: Munchy
Character: ? (medic)

If Melkor and Munchy could post some expanded descriptions that would be helpful.
There's some fun stuff going on already in the IC Thread, be sure to pop in. :D
Okay, I'v now got Theros/Zaras done,  Melkor/?  is next, Munchy/?  is working on his own.

I've made tons of changes to the spreadsheet as I've been going along, so once I finish up Melkor, I'm going to go back and copy everyone's characters over to updated sheets, work in some of the changes people have asked for , and work in Training Packages for those characters that haven't taken advantage of them yet.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 04:44:43 AM »
Okay, the more or less daily update, got Reegus copied over to the new character sheet and sent out.
That leaves Gribble, Ryan and Prescott's sheets left to do.

I've gotten emails from Theros and Munchy within the last week, so it looks like they are still in, I'll assume they've joined the crew on the ship at this point.

I haven't heard anything Melkor yet so I'm not sure if he's still planning on playing or not.  I emailed him a copy of his character (I think), so for now I'll assume he is on board the ship as well.  If he decides not to play, well, I can always use an NPC to test out horrible things on  ;)  So, Melkor, drop us a post if you are still around!

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 06:38:49 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Sep 28 2005, 04:44 AM)
If he decides not to play, well, I can always use an NPC to test out horrible things on  ;)
he he he he he
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 07:29:09 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Sep 28 2005, 07:38 AM)
If he decides not to play, well, I can always use an NPC to test out horrible things on  ;)
he he he he he
Just hope these 'horrible things' will not expand outside his body at our expense  :(
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 01:12:51 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Sep 28 2005, 01:29 AM)
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Sep 28 2005, 07:38 AM)
If he decides not to play, well, I can always use an NPC to test out horrible things on  ;)
he he he he he
Just hope these 'horrible things' will not expand outside his body at our expense  :(
he he he he he  :blink:
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2005, 04:29:18 AM »
Ooohhh, that's nasty, hee hee.
Got Ryan and Gribble redone and on new sheets and sent out. That just leaves Prescott to do, then post some stats on the Ship and the equipment that people have, then down to some serious gaming  :D

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2005, 05:23:27 PM »
I tested out the online Dice Roller when I did the rolls for Reegus, it's pretty cool once you figure out that it is doing a straight Ascii descending sort on date, which sometimes makes finding your roll a little challenging, but I think it will work well, and will let everyone see what it is I'm rolling.  I'm just doing the straight die rolls without putting in the modifiers, makes it easier to see if it was an unmodified 66 or 96 or higher.

Finished transferring the last character, Prescott, to the new spreadsheet and incorporating Training Packages.

A note about the sheets, I left the default Weapons as Laser Rifle for the Weapon with the most ranks, followed by Hunting Knife, then just listed as Tertiary Weapon and Quaternary Weapon for those few characters that have them.  These can be changed if you like, in fact I probably should have used Laser Pistol instead of Laser Rifle.

Laser Rifle is part of the Two Handed Energy class - Lasers group.  Other groups in that class are Flamers and Stunners.

Laser Pistol is part of the the One Handed Energy class - Laser group, it also has Flamers and Stunners as other groups in that class

There are also 1 and 2 handed Projectile groups which cover various types of guns and needlers,  a Thrown class which includes Grenades, and all the other classes and groups from regular HARP

Let me know if you wish to change your Weapons around, or if you have any other questions about weapons.
Everyone can assume they have one personal weapon with one energy pack (if required).  Energy Packs are generally good for 100 shots and recharge after an hour. There will be additional Laser Pistols and Rifles and Energy Packs in the crate that was delivered to the ship.  There may be some other weapons and ammunition as well if required. (Someone mentioned they were going to be proficient in submachine gun I think, I'll have to track that post down)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 09:10:12 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2005, 01:53:41 AM »
Scoutship: Jenny Allen
Mass: 6000 metric tons
Passengers: 12  (including pilot and crew)
Cargo: 1500 cubic meters
Hits: 150
Armor: 30
Shield Rating: 30
Electronic Warfare Rating: 20
Point Defense Rating: 20
Maneuverability Rating: 30
Weaponry: +10 Small Laser  +10 Medium Autocannon
Speed/Accel: 0.07c/ 600g
Energy: 8F

Starting from rest, using slightly reduced acceleration (583.3 g), it would take almost exactly 1 hour to reach maximum speed.  You would travel .25 AU in that time.  At top cruising speed you cover .5 AU in an hour
[size=8](What does it all mean?  You'll have to wait and see  B) )[/size]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 07:00:41 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 01:11:37 PM »
Woohoo![/color]  

We can go 46,872,000 miles an hour!  :lol:
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2005, 01:38:59 PM »
I hope there's a warp/hyperdrive/FTL engine on this ship or we'll be dead before we reach our destination ;)
Not that we were intended to arrive at our destination given the title of the adventure :P
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 02:08:37 PM »
Yes there is.  I'll post a little bit about how hyperspace and jump drives work tonight (unless Nicholas wants to jump in before then)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• Friends of RealRoleplaying
  • Knight Errant
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 03:50:34 PM »
Assuming Brent is using the Tintamar setting, then basic FTL travel works as follows:

A starship travels to the major L5 point of a solar system (for Sol, that's Jupiter's Trailing Trojan point), switches on the magneto-gravitic drive in Lagrange mode with their intended destination, and then travels at a speed of 1 light-year per day before exiting (hopefully) at the major L4 point of the destination solar system (for Sol, that's Jupiter's Leading Trojans).

Using the Lagrange mode at other minor Lagrange points of a solar system is unsafe and is an easy way of destroying your ship.

There are alien artifacts, known as the portals, situated in various star systems, that permit much faster-than-light travel. However, most of these have a limited range and if there isn't a portal at the other end, you could be a long time coming home by normal FTL drive.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd
Publisher under license of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF & HARP SF Xtreme

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 04:30:44 PM »
Thanks Nicholas, and yes, I am using the Tintamar setting, at least to lead into the adventure I have planned.

Offline jaysek

• Knight of the Purple Sash
    • http://
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 05:59:28 PM »
Any chance of joining? I did'nt see the thread before now and ictus won't let me play with him, and and.. Adel's game disappeared and, and, and i'd really love to and, and, and.........

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 07:53:47 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(jaysek @ Oct 4 2005, 05:59 PM)
Any chance of joining? I did'nt see the thread before now and ictus won't let me play with him, and and.. Adel's game disappeared and, and, and i'd really love to and, and, and.........
Well...  I do have one player, Melkor, who seems to have vanished.  Posted once in the recruitment thread and I haven't heard from him since.  I've even got his character generated and on a spreadsheet already, your basic soldier type if you are interested.  I've sent you a link to it in an email so you can check it out.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 08:04:26 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2005, 04:10:15 AM »
Just a couple of notes, I think I will be making most major postings on the story on Thursday nights, at that point I will assume that anyone who hasn't posted over the course of the week is taking an action that would seem logical for their character.  I'll cover minor plot advances and skill resolutions over the course of the week (although probably not Wednesday nights as I work late).
Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

Offline jaysek

• Knight of the Purple Sash
    • http://
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2005, 09:30:24 AM »
OK, I'm ready!

Name: Hieronymus van der Klumpf (a.k.a. "The flying dutchman")
Profession: Hired muscle.
Movie star: don't know, maybe a young Clint Eastwood... Or perhaps an equally young Mel Gibson (as in Mad Max)

Melkor probably grew up in a tough neighbourhood, but does'nt talk about that too much, indeed, little is known about him before he showed up in the army, where he got thrown out after a year or so for fighting with the officers, he also did a little time on this occation...

He first learned to take orders when he later started working for a pirate captain in the frontier zone....

Since then he has been working as: smuggler, explorer, mercenary, security guy, and finally more piracy sending him to the mines for some years. He might have met dr. Gribble here but thats up to the GM and Gribble himself...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 11:02:06 AM by jaysek »

Advertisement