HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2017, 01:11:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 334016
  • Total Topics: 7270
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 10
Total: 11

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: IC - Stranded in Space  (Read 20275 times)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« on: September 13, 2005, 05:21:52 AM »
Ryan DeWitt, a rather friendly fellow, has contacted you all with an offer of work on one of the frontier worlds.  Seems there is always a need for people with medical skills and combat abilities, especially with the recent Silth raids that have been occuring more frequently on the frontier.  Those with other abilities that might prove useful are in demand too.

Ryan has arranged the loan of a ship from one of the frontier worlds, and has hired a pilot (Reegus Rallter) and an engineer (name tba, crayok's character)

You are meeting in the lounge at Far End Space Station to work out the final details before transfering to the Jenny Allen, a small Scoutship for the final leg of your journey.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 07:40:48 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 03:52:47 PM »
"Well, I guess I'm not the only one desperate enough to take a scoutship job.  If I'm here to fly her, that must make you the Engineer," Reegus finished with a wink.

"Name's Reegus.  Looks like we'll be flying together, so I thought I'd meet you here ahead of the cattle to introduce myself.  As long as our new employer hasn't neglected to mention any 'posisble entanglements' along the way, I'm expecting this to be a milk run."

{Oh no... I may have just jinxed us,} Reegus worried to himself as he and the new Engineer shook hands.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline allenmaher

• Herald
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 07:28:30 AM »
A rough and ugly man, gets up from the bar and with only the slightest hint of a stagger in his step walks up to Reegus and {name here}.  His breath is aflame with hot liquor and curdled milk, and unfortuatley he stands a litte too close.

"Word is you may be heading out to the fronteer.   Dangerous place."

Pauses expectantly.

"If you need muscle,  I am your man."

Looks intently, almost puppy like.  But with a face like that who can tell intensity from just plain ugly.
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 09:08:30 AM »
The Doctor

A small, compact, olive-skinned human with a burn-like scar on the left hand side of his face walks into the lounge.  He sniffs and rubs his nose with the back of his hand as he takes in the scene with one glance and walks confidently up to the bar.  

The short guy is wearing a flared white suit with an open necked black shirt.  The suit is very sharp and well tailored, if a little behind on current fashion trends.  He looks very alert as he orders his drinks in a fast, accented but well educated manner.

He knocks back the first brandy in one gulp then adds some ice to his second, larger one as he turns and looks more closely at the people around him.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 01:50:09 PM »
The Noble

A short man (can't be more than five and a half feet) dressed in black (befitting his seemingly foul mood) sits in the corner surveying the room quietly.  His short dark hair, capping his round face, is freshly trimmed.  Clean shaven, his dark eyes watch the events unfolding around him.  What is that feeling coming from his eyes?  Malice?  Foreboding?  Whatever it is, it's dark and cold, possibly even calculating.
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 01:57:34 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Sep 14 2005, 09:08 AM)
The Doctor

He knocks back the first brandy in one gulp then adds some ice to his second, larger one as he turns and looks more closely at the people around him.
At a table next to the wall fairly close to the door you see a couple of people sitting, that's the area Ryan said he would likely be, but neither of them matches the holo-photo that came with the job offer.  There is another fairly large fellow that has walked up to them and is talking to them.  He appears to be holding in his hand a holo-sheet that looks very similar to the one you received.

[size=8]Successful Perception roll[/size]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 01:58:36 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 07:46:05 AM »
The Doctor

The man in the white suit seems quite happy to keep his own company at the bar.  He is looking around but does not allow his gaze to linger long enough on any one person to be deemed impolite.

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 01:22:55 PM »
The Noble

Baron Toulaan surveys the room casually, seeing the typical bar scene.  Letting his eyes continue to roam he spots the party near the door and continues his scan of the room.  Non-chalantly he shifts his hearing to the middle of the table housing the discussion between the three near the door.

OOC: using mental focus to activate clairaudience.  Might need the PEPs later.  I suppose Toulan being a psionic makes him a PEPpy fellow?  :lol:  <_<
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 04:13:43 PM »
Entering the room is a man of fair appearance with an air of approachability yet professionalism.  He is dressed in fine, but not pretentious, business attire and strides with confidence to a central location within the room.   In a clear voice he speaks aloud, his arms open wide in greeting, "Welcome all. If I may interrupt you all for but a moment, my name is Ryan DeWitt.  For all those of you who are here in response to the opportunities which I have made available, please join me in the back room so we may have a bit of privacy. For the rest, please pardon my interruption."  His smile is pleasant and sincere.  Ryan motions towards the private room in the back as one of the servers holds the door open.

Ryan then pauses to speak with the manager of the lounge quietly.  As he finishes his private words he shakes the gentleman's hand and pats him lightly on the shoulder.  Moving towards the door slowly he casually observes the individuals who are considering this opportunity.
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 06:06:10 PM »
Toulaan

Toulaan waits for a couple of people to enter the room then rises gracefully and proceeds toward the room.  Once inside he selects a chair that noone is sitting next to yet.

After taking a few moments to become comfortable he scans Ryan's surface thoughts (Tier 2 Scan, using mental focus instead of PEPs) about the upcoming meeting.   "Always best to be prepared." he thinks to himself as he calms his mind.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 06:06:38 PM by Maelstrom »

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 06:08:44 PM »
"Well, looks like this party is finally ready to get started," Reegus commented to the Prescott.

"Guess I'll see you in the inner sanctum," he joked as he made his way to where the others were now congregating.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 06:09:22 PM by lonejedi »
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)

Offline allenmaher

• Herald
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 05:09:26 PM »
"Well wait for me I'm coming too"  he said as he trundles along behind.  Slightly flustered and confused that he addressed the wrong people... he worked hard on the introduction, now he had to think on his feet.  This was not his strong suit.
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 12:56:47 PM »
The Doctor:

The man in the suit lingers at the bar, signalling for another 2 drinks as he examines everyone who gets up at Mr DeWitt's summons.  He follows the last of them into the private area after repeating his drinks ritual.

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 06:57:43 PM »
As the last of the interested individuals enter the room Ryan motions to seats on either side of a long rectangular table. He moves himself to the head of the table facing the door and allows the others to choose their seats as they wish.  As the final few hesitate to be seated Ryan looks upon them as if he had been hurt, but then comments - "As you wish... The opportunity before you is enough to get you to a meeting, but not enough for you to be seated." Shrugging his shoulders, "I guess to each their own."

To the lounge staff he adds, "Place a setting for each regardless if you don't mind."

He then waits as the staff completes the setting of the table and then brings forth a collection of large serving platters, each filled with quality prepared staple foods. None of it is exotic, but the presentation and preparation show to be good quality. The staff then brings in a series of bottles of wine and moves to pour them when Ryan interrups, "Please, no. We can serve ourselves. If you could take any specific drink orders quickly and allow us our privacy it would be most greatly appreciated."

Ryan then waits for the individual drink orders to be completed and while waiting he pours himself a small portion from each bottle - tossing it back before moving to the next. He speaks not a word concerning this action, but it is clear that he is both tasting the quality and also ensuring the nervous that there are no ill intentions.  Once the staff is done he thanks them and motions for Prescott to close the door.

"Now, we can begin. I first wish to thank you all for showing your interest in this endeavor.  As I have already informed you, my name is Ryan DeWitt. To date all you know of this endeavor is that it involves traveling to a frontier location. The facts I will present to you at this time."

"My employers have a business interest in a new outpost.  They have made a significant investment and wish to see that investment protected, if not enhanced.  This outpost unfortuntately has run into a bit of difficulty with the local wildlife - most notably a segment of primate population that appears to be more intelligent than your average run of the mill gorilla while also significantly more vicious. Our mission is to simply deal with the threat, and provide whatever aid is required to the outpost."

"For this mission I have already contracted with a pilot and engineer - Reegus and Prescott." Ryan motions to each in turn. "The rest of you are free to leave at this time, or if you still are interested, stay and enjoy this meal.  You are welcome to ask any questions that you may have and I will answer as best I can - however, by the time our meal here is complete I will need to have a firm commitment from each of you that wishes to sign on."  Ryan smiles as he reaches forward, "Now, feel free to help yourself to these delicious offerings and ask any questions you may have."
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 08:17:18 PM »
The Doctor:

Apart from being the last to move the man in the white suit shows no reluctance in taking a seat and sampling the fare.  As you might expect froma  practiced drinker he continues with the same beverage of choice and drinks them in the same way.  One straight, then one with ice.  

Despite the alcohol being consumed, his clear, olive complexion remains unaffected (so far) by outward signs of intoxication and his movements are still sharp and precise in their manner.  He samples as many dishes as he can, tasting each dish rather than eating to any excess.

Offline allenmaher

• Herald
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 10:21:30 PM »
Lacking al grace and decorum Phill attacks his food, looks up breifly and without shame, says "So you want us to kill monkeys?".

Small pieces of food fly from his mouth and land on the table with his effort.

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 10:26:12 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Sep 19 2005, 10:21 PM)
"So you want us to kill monkeys?"
Reegus looks around nervously for a moment (perhaps mumbling something like "ook, ook") before returning to his meal.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 12:41:26 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Sep 16 2005, 06:06 PM)
Toulaan

After taking a few moments to become comfortable he scans Ryan's surface thoughts (Tier 2 Scan, using mental focus instead of PEPs) about the upcoming meeting.   "Always best to be prepared." he thinks to himself as he calms his mind.
You don't detect anything unusual, surface thoughts pretty much match the speech given a couple minutes later

[OOC]  I need to double check the revised character sheet you sent back to me, but I don't think your character has developed up to tier 2 in any of the psionic disciplines yet.

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 02:08:37 PM »
Toulaan takes small portions from each dish to sample.  He watches everyone else, taking mental notes about each, as he slowly (methodically?) picks at the food on his plate.  "Primates you say?  Were there any other intelligent life on this world prior to colonization?  Or were these primates the most advanced intelligence found?"

OOC: I thought all of the fields were tier 3 by the start of the game.  :unsure:  Oop!  Looks like all fields start at tier 1?  :o   My bad.  I'll see about maybe rearringing some skill development to futher develop some of those fields (if that's okay.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 02:10:52 PM by Maelstrom »

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 06:18:28 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE
Lacking al grace and decorum Phill attacks his food, looks up breifly and without shame, says "So you want us to kill monkeys?".

Small pieces of food fly from his mouth and land on the table with his effort.

Ryan smiles politely. "The contract is to deal with the threat posed by the primates - not necessarily kill them. If other options are available we are free to pursue those, however the end result should be the safety and well-being of the outpost."
Apprentice of the Guild

future fantasy tabletop role play game, sic-fi and fantasy writers links to www.swordandsigil.com