HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2017, 01:07:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 334015
  • Total Topics: 7270
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 16
Total: 17

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: IC - Stranded in Space  (Read 20274 times)

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2005, 11:53:30 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Sep 20 2005, 10:08 AM)

Quote from: QUOTE
Toulaan takes small portions from each dish to sample.  He watches everyone else, taking mental notes about each, as he slowly (methodically?) picks at the food on his plate.  "Primates you say?  Were there any other intelligent life on this world prior to colonization?  Or were these primates the most advanced intelligence found?"

Ryan sips from his glass, then dabs at the corners of his mouth - pausing a second longer to ponder - then he responds, "From what I've heard, even to date the primates may be the most intelligent creatures there.  I don't know many details, but the grumblings from my employers suggest that perhaps the colony has not handled things too well.  Part of my job is to determine if things are truly worth salvaging, but however that decision goes, we still have a job to do."

Rising Ryan takes the wine and moves about the table to serve his guests. "Any further curiosities? Now, I'm sure you're all quite content with the wages that have been offered - the contract is pretty good for all of us so I doubt there are concerns in that area."
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline allenmaher

• Herald
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 01:45:37 AM »
Showing his appreciation phill lets out a small belch followed by a sigh, and without missing a chew says "A dead monkey or what ever you call it can't hurt anyone.  That's pretty safe I figure."

More debris joins the growing pile on the table.  "Good grub by the way, and the booze ain't bad either."
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 05:56:18 AM »
Those who happen to be looking in Toulann's general direction see a momentary frown cross his face, perhaps one of the small bites of food he has just taken was not to his liking?

[size=8]Maelstrom, look for a PM from me[/size]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 06:01:29 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 01:06:30 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Sep 20 2005, 11:53 PM)
you're all quite content with the wages that have been offered
The Doctor:

The small man's face twists into a slight grimace at the mention of money but he asks his question anyway.

"Mr DeWitt.  Can I assume that my request for medical supplies has been met and that the expense is coming out of your end?"
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2005, 01:25:15 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Sep 20 2005, 05:53 PM)
Ryan sips from his glass, then dabs at the corners of his mouth - pausing a second longer to ponder - then he responds, "From what I've heard, even to date the primates may be the most intelligent creatures there.  I don't know many details, but the grumblings from my employers suggest that perhaps the colony has not handled things too well.  Part of my job is to determine if things are truly worth salvaging, but however that decision goes, we still have a job to do."
Toulaan

While Phill is speaking Toulaan is obviously noodling something around his head.  Seeing his expression lighten he begins, "For simple animals these things are creating a problem for our employers.  That would mean they are not acting alone but in groups (at the least.)  Given the technology at their disposal I would think that simple primates would not cause a problem for this outpost.  It would seem that these primates are more than just simple animals.  Perhaps they've been altered or there is more to them beneath the surface.  Have our employers given us any information about the nature of these problems the primates are causing them?"

Toulaan pauses for a moment and then adds, "What is so important at this outpost that our employers are going through the time and trouble of hiring us?"

OOC: Before we go too much further, are there any posting conventions the GM would like us to use when posting IC/OOC?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 01:26:24 PM by Maelstrom »
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 01:31:44 PM »
The Doctor:

The small man's face twists into a slight grimace at the mention of money but he asks his question anyway.

"Mr DeWitt.  Can I assume that my request for medical supplies has been met and that the expense is coming out of your end?"

"Yes. All medical supplies and general provisions will be covered. In addition I have been advised that some ammunition and weaponry would be provided, but I have not yet received the delivery and am unaware of the condition of that gear or even the specific inventory expected."  Ryan answers with an affirming smile.
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 01:48:55 PM »
While Phill is speaking Toulaan is obviously noodling something around his head.  Seeing his expression lighten he begins, "For simple animals these things are creating a problem for our employers.  That would mean they are not acting alone but in groups (at the least.)  Given the technology at their disposal I would think that simple primates would not cause a problem for this outpost.  It would seem that these primates are more than just simple animals.  Perhaps they've been altered or there is more to them beneath the surface.  Have our employers given us any information about the nature of these problems the primates are causing them?"

Toulaan pauses for a moment and then adds, "What is so important at this outpost that our employers are going through the time and trouble of hiring us?"

"There is not much information available at this time on the primates themselves, however they are indeed far more intelligent than the average primate species and extremely vicious. Calling them simple animals would likely be a significant mis-statement."  Ryan works his way back to stand by his seat and sets his glass on the table.

"Perhaps if I explain my own abilities and skills, you might understand part of why I was contracted for this job."  Ryan pauses as he organizes his thoughts a moment. "My training and experience are related to merchant activities. I have been called a 'scout' within my industry. As new regions are explored I am often sent in with a team of individuals - sometimes scientists, sometimes sociologists - whatever the job may call for.  We analyze the region and work from the outposts to identify possible exports that can be cultivated, as well as the imports and resources that will be needed to sustain an operation."  Ryan's eyes move about the room making eye contact with each individual as he speaks.  

"My initial contract was agreed to more than two years ago when the outpost project was first identified.  Unfortunately the recent developments have required that they adjust the scope of my mission, and this has led to my developing a new team to fit the specific needs of this task. Since the wages were previously agreed to and my services were contracted - they chose to simply lay their problems in my lap rather than deal with it themselves.  As for the outpost's value - establishing even the simplest of outposts is an extremely expensive venture and their investment in the outpost is already quite significant.  Additionally, while there is a risk involved with this kind of venture and they could walk away, I believe their interest in addressing the issue suggests that the future business potential of this location appears extremely lucrative."  Pausing directly opposite Toulaan he engages him eye to eye and adds, "Should it be as valuable as I suspect - you can be assured that I will be requesting additional compensation upon the completion of our task."  A thin conspirator's smile spreads momentarily across his face.
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2005, 02:23:13 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Sep 21 2005, 07:48 AM)
"Perhaps if I explain my own abilities and skills, you might understand part of why I was contracted for this job."...

Pausing directly opposite Toulaan he engages him eye to eye and adds, "Should it be as valuable as I suspect - you can be assured that I will be requesting additional compensation upon the completion of our task."  A thin conspirator's smile spreads momentarily across his face.
Toulaan

Toulaan chuckles (malevolently?) after Ryan falls silent.
"I'm sure you will.  Since our employer has started the ball rolling, perhaps it's best if we all get to know each other.  I am Baron Toulaan Karza.  Formerly, employed by PsiCorps.  My talents lie in the sensing of minds and manipulation of electronics.  I would suggest that capturing one of these primates alive could provide a veritable treasure trove of information.  I daresay the primates themselves might be the commodity our employers are after."

Toulaan falls silent waiting for the next to speak forth.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 02:26:27 PM by Maelstrom »
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2005, 03:19:29 PM »
The Doctor

Reassured by the answer to his question and the subsequent conversation, the white suited man finishes his drink, stands (with only a slight wobble) and inroduces himself.

"I am Doctor Octavius Gribble and as you may have guessed from my question - I have been contracted to provide the team with medical support on this mission.  I will, of course, be providing each of you with a full check-up once we get underway."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 03:20:25 PM by Gribble »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2005, 10:23:37 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Sep 21 2005, 01:25 PM)

OOC: Before we go too much further, are there any posting conventions the GM would like us to use when posting IC/OOC?
The format you've been using is fine
Character name near the top of the posting
It's handy to have things that your character is saying in a different color
Short Out of Character items at the bottom preceeded by OOC:

If you want to indicate that you are requesting a skill roll, it could be included as a different color in brackets (if it isn't obvious from the description)

i.e.

Indiana runs down the corrider [[Running roll to double my normal pace]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 10:24:24 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2005, 01:40:41 PM »
Toulaan

Toulaan's eyes glaze over as they unfocus or find something interesting on the far side of the universe.  A few seconds later they snap back into focus boring a hole in Ryan.  "Gentlemen.  I fear that this meeting will have to be cut short.  Danger approaches and our safety is in the balance.  We must depart before that danger finds us."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 01:42:24 PM by Maelstrom »

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2005, 02:31:30 PM »
Ryan looks shocked and momentarily flustered. "I am not sure where you get your information from, but I've heard your input could be invaluable." Turning to the others Ryan motions to the service door, "Any who wish to sign up are urged to depart with us immediately.... to the rest of you good day."  Ryan opens the door and urges them onwards.
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2005, 02:47:17 PM »
The Doctor

At ths news the doctor sits back down, takes deep breath and beads of perspiration stand out on his forehead as he visible sobers up in a matter of seconds.  He downs a glass of cold water and says, rising once more.

"I just need to get my stuff from a locker outside the bar.  Where is your ship docked?"

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2005, 02:58:11 PM »
The Pilot

"Look's like the fun is finally ready to start.  The ship's on Docking Platform 27."

Reegus figured that with a bunch of 'motivated' passengers it should only take... a little less than forever to get the ship loaded and cleared for departure.  Once he was back in the Black he'd feel much better.  He might even be up to talking to some of them... maybe.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 02:58:44 PM by lonejedi »
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2005, 03:09:53 PM »
Toulaan

Toulaan retrieves his single bag and embarks on the ship at platorm 27.  Before finding his berth he advises Ryan that he should not be disturbed until there is great need (i.e. danger of any kind such as combat or some other emergency.)

He finds his room, turns off the lights and lays down on the bunk.  He closes his eyes as he rests his elbows next to his body with lower arms held vertically.  Placing his fingertips of each hand together he begins to meditate attempting to discover additional information about the pending crisis.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 03:10:28 PM by Maelstrom »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2005, 01:56:22 AM »
Ryan, when you reach the ship, there is a large metal crate sitting by the ship with your name on it, labeled "Supplies".  It is magnetically sealed to the deck, but there is a palm reader attached to it that will presumably release the crate

Offline allenmaher

• Herald
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2005, 05:18:30 PM »
Phill

Phill retrieves a small bag of his belonings from the locker he has been living out of for a week and a half and runs towards the rendezous at the ship, fearfull to be left behind.
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2005, 11:29:07 AM »
The Doctor

The doctor saunters in with his personal effects.  He is carrying a large backpack that looks like it has been designed to protect its contents and a small suitcase.  

He notes the supply crate and says to Ryan:

"My medical supplies will need to be secured if you are expecting an interesting take off.  I need a safe place for my backpack too."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:29:57 AM by Gribble »

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2005, 01:38:25 AM »
ooc: This is now the 3rd time I am posting this. 1st time work connection went dead, 2nd time battery went dead, lets hope Ryan doesn't end up dead....  :D

This post is assuming that the crate and the magnetic seal are both standard for what Ryan was expecting. If this is not as expected I will revise Ryan's actions.

bic:

Ryan turns to the Doctor,  "Sure thing.... Feel free to secure them as soon as we get them aboard." Ryan finishes with a smile.   Placing his hand upon the crate's palm reader Ryan releases the lock.   "Reegus, go on in and prep the ship.  Phil - help me get this crate on board so the Doc here can get his gear secured."
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2005, 03:11:39 AM »
Yes, the crate and palm reader are standard for what you were expecting.  It is the weapons, ammo, and likely a few other goodies needed for the mission.
As soon as it reads your palm, the magnetic seals release.  It can be locked again to the deck of the ship if you like.  You can also add additional people to the reader that can be allowed to unlock the crate.

There are also several lockers available on the ship where equipment can be stored.  Once the door to the locker is closed, there are air bags that will inflate to from the sides, top, and bottom to secure the contents
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 03:15:01 AM by ob1knorrb »

Advertisement