HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2017, 01:16:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 334016
  • Total Topics: 7270
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 8
Total: 9

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: IC - Stranded in Space  (Read 20277 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2005, 09:59:45 AM »
The Doctor

The doctor quickly goes through the medical equipment, resupplying his backpack and placing any spare or duplicated equipment back in its packaging and into a separate locker.  

(ooc:  I have no equipment manual for this genre so you need to let me have a look at what i can have .... otherwise I'll be forced to assume its there when I need it >;>  )
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2005, 07:04:24 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Sep 27 2005, 09:59 AM)

(ooc:  I have no equipment manual for this genre so you need to let me have a look at what i can have .... otherwise I'll be forced to assume its there when I need it >;>  )
[size=8]For the moment everyone can assume they have whatever equipment they need.  I will be going through the equipment lists and doing up an inventory of what is available once I finish up the characters[/size]

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2005, 03:31:20 PM »
Prescott Harland - Spaceport, Inside ship[/font]

OOC : To explain why i have not posted since now..
First i was planning on having stayed onboard and not attend the little meeting at lounge
Two i may have been engaged in too many too active games at a time and posting slipped out of my mind when i could have
Three then i've been busy at job and then i got sickbut it's getting better ;)
That now puts me in awkard position to juggle with all that was posted here :( but i'm used to it ;)

IC:
Noticing from where he was in the ship of the arrival of his boss at the the Docking platform, he goes to the ship's passenger's hatch and opens it from the inside, he then walks up to him. You can notice he's not clean at all , very dirty would be closer to reality.
"Welcome back boss."
Eyeng the ragtag people grouping behind Ryan
"'Suppose this will be the rest of the crew."
Waving a hello unformally
"Yo guys, happy to see you, i will be the ship's nurser."
Gazing bact at Ryan
"We got deliveries while you were out boss, some of them were the ship supplies along with the few replacement parts i'd been asking for."

OOC:One question just popped out in my mind as i type , is there a security system to opening the hatch to enter the ship ? If yes of what kind ?

Following Ryan up to the crate
"This one arrived later but i couldn't move it, must be 'for your eyes only'-kind of stuff."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:02:49 AM by crayok »
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2005, 05:21:42 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Sep 28 2005, 03:31 PM)

OOC:One question just popped out in my mind as i type , is there a security system to opening the hatch to enter the ship ? If yes of what kind ?
 
Just a very basic lock, a palm print reader similiar to (but not as good as) the one on the crate.  It is currently keyed to the previously hired crewmembers and Ryan.

No problem with the lack of posting activity, happens to all of us from time to time.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2005, 09:34:40 PM »
Everyone has now trickled on board and are in the process of stowing gear and settling in.
Reegus has gotten clearance to take off, with some difficulty, there seemed to be some reluctance to grant it.
But, now the hatches are all sealed, the engines are running and the hanger bay doors are opening.  It takes about a minute and a half for the doors to open completely, they are about 90% open when suddenly the hanger is brightly lit with a flashing red alert signal.  The hanger doors stop opening at the same time.

Actions?

Reegus Vocation - Piloting (Crewmember) roll to get clearance - 38 + 41 skill = 79 = 70% action completed.  Follow up roll, 5 + 41 = 35 = 30% action complete, just enough to get clearance.  However, this would normally be a routine action, thus not requiring a maneuver roll, something was definitely up even before the red alert went off

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2005, 07:10:52 PM »
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

I had been checking on systems from the bridge during the taking off when the alarm went on
*whistles*
"Hey boss , ain't no wussie , but was that kind'a crap expected ?"
"Seems like people out'ere wantin' us staying here"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:02:29 AM by crayok »
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2005, 09:28:03 PM »
The Doctor:

Straps himself in tight ....
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline Maelstrom

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4627
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2005, 12:05:06 AM »
Toulaan

At the sound of the alarms Toulaan secures himself for a bumpy ride.
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline jaysek

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 153
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2005, 10:54:56 AM »
The Good/Bad/Ugly (I think all three would work) or simply "The Dutchman"

OOC:
Sorry for being late, but I joined this game last night as Melkors replacement... For description of my PC see OOC section. Hieronymus have'nt said anything yet and does'nt seem to talk a lot.

ob1knorrb
Who am I sharing quarters with?

BIC
Hieronymus starts running for the bridge in case they need a gunner, he keeps his eyes/ears open just in case and is ready to to strap himself/hold on to something should the ride get bumpy. He's got his laser-rifle in his hands and also has the rest of his weapons with him.

Offline munchy

  • Messenger
  • **
  • Posts: 11
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2005, 09:45:13 PM »
The Medic

After having put all the supplies in the appropriate cupboards and getting aquainted with the new doctor aboard, the medic checks the data of the ship and mumbles not a very extensive databank and continues unpacking his personal belongings, a picture of his family is glued to the wall with sticky tape and his personal medic bag is packed with all the necessary stuff. The medic then quickly checks that he is still wearing his medicine bag around the neck and rummages through the sickbay to get aquainted with the setting and whereabouts.

As the ship launches and the alarm goes off, the medic quickly straps himself to one of the emergency seats in the sickbay which are there for a reason: sometimes it is not good to keep a patient under surveillance even when the ship is in trouble.
I'm not even half through with all the preparations. *grumble* We haven't even left the system yet.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:41:13 PM by munchy »

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2005, 10:21:53 PM »
The Doctor

To 'the medic':

<scanning with med scanner>

"Hi.  I'm Octavius.  Do you work for me?"[/I]
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline munchy

  • Messenger
  • **
  • Posts: 11
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2005, 10:44:37 PM »
To the doctor, looking a bit amused at the scanner and confused about being scanned.

Ah, doctor. I'm the medic of the ship. I'm skilled in basic medical operations and nursing duties. I'm here to be your extra pair of hands and your assistant. I will try to keep as much of the organising and supply-work in the sickbay away from as possible.
I hope for a good cooperation.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:45:33 PM by munchy »

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2005, 04:41:46 AM »
Doctor Octavius Gribble and Medic  have strapped themselves in down in the Medical Bay
Toulan has secured himself in his quarters, Zaras has done likewise.
Phill and Ryan are in the cargo bay and grab onto some convenient wall straps and hang on.
Prescott and Hieronymus grab seats on the bridge.
Reegus grins as he guns the ship forward, through the now closing doors and out into Space.  The large gas giant that the Station orbits is visible to the starboard side.  There doesn’t seem to be anything immediately wrong, you look around a little, then Prescott spots what could be some explosions back towards the L4 location where ships arrive in-system.


(Note, the Space station orbits the largest planet in this solar system, which means it is midpoint between the L4 point where ships arrive out of hyperspace, and the L5 point where ships jump to hyperspace.  Both the L4 and L5 locations have small, fairly sparse asteroid fields surrounding them, which is fairly typical, see the OOC thread for more details).




[size=8]Reegus: Piloting Skill Roll:56 + Skill 86 = 142
Prescott: Perception Roll: 93 + Skill 32 – 20 (Hard)= 105
Hieronymus: Perception roll: 35 + Skill 34 – 20 (Hard) = 49
Reegus Perception Roll: 27 + Skill 44 -20 (Hard) = 51[/size]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 03:04:01 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline jaysek

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 153
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2005, 06:46:16 AM »
The Duchman

to Reegus "From where do i opperate the guns?"

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2005, 07:49:47 AM »
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

I turn whatever sensors this flying dustbin has towards where i spotted the explosions
"Hey ! Did you notice that ?"
"Seems there's some commotion near L4."

OOC From your post there seems to be 2 Hyeronimus on board :P one in sick bay and one on the bridge ;)

Edit Ooops i had messed up with my name it wasn't prescoot but prescott :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:02:09 AM by crayok »
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline jaysek

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 153
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2005, 08:20:49 AM »
The Frying Dutchman

To Prescoot "No, did'nt see that..."

Then Hieronymus get's ready with the guns (if there are any...)

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2005, 03:05:12 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Oct 7 2005, 07:49 AM)

OOC From your post there seems to be 2 Hyeronimus on board :P one in sick bay and one on the bridge ;)

 
Oops, fixed that now.  Medic doesn't have a name yet, unless I missed it somewhere.

There is a spot for operating Sensors, and a spot for operating Guns.  At the moment though, there is nothing to shoot at.

I'll look up how sensors work tonight at home and let you know how you made out.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 03:07:01 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2005, 06:54:21 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(jaysek @ Oct 7 2005, 06:46 AM)
The Duchman

to Reegus "From where do i opperate the guns?"
OOC: I am so sorry about being this late.  I kept waiting for an e-mail notice that posts had resumed but never got one... so I've just been biding my time drooling over my latest character sheet in anticipation of playing.  I finally ran out of patience and came looking for a PM link to ask when we'd get going... and lo!  There are a ton of posts!!  Apparently I'll need to check this game manually from now on ;).

IC:
Reegus, the Pilot

"The turrent is accessed from Shaft B on mid-decks.  There's nothing to start shooting at yet, but it seems like a good idea to be prepared."

OOC: Can the weapons be operated from the pilot's station, or do they require a Gunner on-station?
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1899
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2005, 11:01:24 PM »
They could be operated from the Pilot's station, but it is better to have a dedicated Gunner.

Offline TJ

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2005, 11:28:59 PM »
Ryan looks over at Phil, "Never a dull day... Looks like we get to see what everyone's got in their bag of tricks right from the start."
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

 

Red Cap