HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2017, 06:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 2680
  • Latest: Electra
Stats
  • Total Posts: 335276
  • Total Topics: 7278
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: ASoIaF IC: Chapter 1 - Buried Secrets  (Read 14205 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
ASoIaF IC: Chapter 1 - Buried Secrets
« on: April 26, 2017, 12:30:00 PM »
When the game gets started this will be for in-character dialogue, attempted actions, etc.  Dice rolling and OOC chatter will be in the OOC thread.

If you want to include a short bit of OOC in the IC thread you can, but try to use the OOC for anything longer than a sentence (I check that as often as the IC thread).  Ivan suggested making OOC another color.  If you hit the Reply Button before making your post (as opposed to the Quick Reply) you can highlight the text and then pick from the "Change Color" drop down menu to make the text another color.  Let's go with red for that.

Otherwise you can just use forum code.

Code: [Select]
[color=red]Example OOC text.[/color]
 

We can try using blue for dialogue too (another Ivan suggestion).  To make your character's dialogue blue just follow the same steps for the OOC text above (just highlight and change it's color).  Or use the following code.

Code: [Select]
[color=blue]Example dialogue.[/color]

For each post please put the name of your character either in the description of what they are doing or just alone at the top of the post, like as follows.

Joana moves over to the cliff and peers down.

or

Joana

"Helllllooooo down therrrrrre!"

Character thoughts can be placed in italics.  Some players don't like revealing their character thoughts.  It is one of the areas where PBP games shine in my opinion.  That is totally up to you if you want to reveal your character's thoughts or not.  Some of you want to keep things closer to your chest, so that's fine.  We will play and see how it all works out and figure out how best to progress.   

I really hate the way he smells...

Code: [Select]
[i]I really hate the way he smells...[/i]

I'll post something when we are ready to play.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:07:59 AM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »
I added in those color suggestions of yours Ivan in the first post above.

I think the first post will be the characters sitting down for a large breakfast.

The first scene will be in The Great Hall.  Here is a map of the small castle (The Banefort).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNWJOU0J3dVR4cU0/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:05:37 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 11:55:51 AM »
Before morning light, with the chill of the recently announced Autumn in the air, you awake to the sound of far off screaming, seemingly coming from the Great Hall... 

Upon quickly dressing and gathering your things you arrive at the entrance to the Hall to peer inside to see what the commotion is about.  The first light of the morning sun is streaming through the dusty air, revealing the room's need for repair.  This however is not what grabs your attention. 

The Great Hall (but imagine that there is a large table to feast at).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetSnlQS3JnbGFDRjQ/view?usp=sharing

Darmon Banefort (the heir to the house, who is now in charge since the Lord was taken away by the Tullys and Brackens to rot in the dungeons of The Stone Hedge) is naked and partially covered in splattered blood from the mouth down.  He is hunched over a large washing basin that is bespeckled red with pink water in it.  He is laughing and moving a few hard to see objects in the water with glee.  To his left you see an old looking scroll, though it doesn't seem to be parchment.  You also note that the small ornately carved wooden box that the heir has been carrying around with him everywhere as of late is actually open to his right.

In the far corner of the Hall lying on the cold floor is the scullion Marlae who is clutching onto her blood-soaked hand and weeping quietly.

No one else is in the room, not even the poor Septa Emma that is charged with the deranged heir's care.   

Darmon's laughter is intermixed with strange high-pitched and low-pitched muttering that is difficult to hear.

See NPC images here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetUm5CZG9wREE2eGs/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:06:03 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »
Edmund

Arrives in the great hall with a drawn long sword in his hand having paused long enough to draw one.
morning brother. What has happened
Look at the girl whilst clutching my head

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 06:17:29 PM »
Some of you can make out the mutterings.

High-pitched
"Her fingers winding down, with the dying blood comes the mystery unfurled. Point the way."

Low-pitched"Your skin, scraped of life, inked in secret death, grip my mind, remind me of where I was before I was born an to where we all shall crawl to once more."

Darmon jerks violently at hearing his brother's voice, and his flailing arm spills the bowl all over the floor. Crimson pink water fills the spaces between the floor stones as it finds its slow way to the lowest point on the floor.

When the bloody liquid touches his foot he collapses on to his small wooden box, and in the process snaps the hinges that are attached to the lid scattering what looks like old dark shriveled... eyelids.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:35:43 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 06:30:15 PM »
Edmund

Move over to my brother and pick him up.
" Here dear brother let me help you"
Glancing over my shoulder
"someone look to the girl"

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »
Edmund
will no one rid me of this madman

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »
Darmon seems to be either in a deep slumber or in some unnatural trance.  His breathes in are quick and erratic.  His face contorts in many ways showing a large variety of expressions.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:52:07 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline IvanMike

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 56
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 07:03:01 PM »
Sigurd turns stiffly to Edmund - Of course my lord - He moves abruptly over to young Marlae - here girl, let me see, are you harmed? What happened?

 He glances quickly at the suspect debris from the box, and then at the heir apparent with a look that is hard to read.
Playing Sigurd Skaal in Rains Weep O'er His Hall

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »
Ooc have I seen him like this before?

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 07:42:52 PM »
Darmon has violent spells, and he is prone to sleepwalking in the night.  This however seems to be something related to that behavior and yet new.

The scroll seems to be some sort of skin, and Japheth recognizes it as written in Valyrian or an older form of it.

The scroll however has a name clearly visible, and that is of Morgon (the name of the founder of House Banefort).  If that is so, it is ancient indeed, and none of you have ever seen this item before.  Where Darmon found it or the box is beyond you.

There are several faded illustrations which seem to indicate all manner of things to do with corpses, including the removal of body parts. 

As you look at the heir of the house you also see that he has scratched the name of Morgon on his inner thigh and the injury looks raw and unsightly. 


Marlae looks dazed and far away, and she slowly looks up at Sigurd with tears steaming down her face.  Marlae seems to look THROUGH Sigurd instead of at him.  She holds up her hand and she is missing her pointer finger and her middle finger.  When you look back at the spilled bowl, there are two wet fingers in the bottom of it.  The blood stains on Darmon's face and bloody teeth could indicate that he chewed the fingers off of her hand.     
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 07:44:29 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline quarklingg

  • Messenger
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 02:29:23 AM »
***OOC I would imagine Khale is probably awake, down the hall sitting by a fire. He knows of the fits the Lord has and stays near -ish but he also knows that family is around***


FROM DOWN THE HALL

Would I be needed my lords?

Offline Moebius

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 33
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 03:25:06 AM »
Maester Japheth

Master Japheth paused before entering the great hall, pulled the charcoal folds of his cloak up around his head. The cowl was welcome shelter from the biting autumn wind which whistled through a nearby shattered stained-glass window.
 
Within the hall, all was eerie silence, punctuated by the raspy wail of that silly girl, Marlae. The clatter of footsteps, shuffling of aides. And the mad mumblings of The Heir, though Japheth had long since inured himself to such. The girl’s wailing however, shivered through him, brought to his mind the cries of another girl…

Japheth glided silent and black as a crow over to the girl. She was bleeding from the hand; a quick glance at the wound told him the cause. That fool, he thought. He will be the doom of us all.

“Bring me boiled water and clean bandages,” he said to a nearby attendant, turning the girl’s hand in his.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:35:38 AM by Moebius »

Offline IvanMike

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 56
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »
Ooc:  are there any player characters or NPC's that have medical skills? Default doctor?

Sigurd steps back and lets Japeth attend to the girl. Moving over to the two brothers he looks about to see if there is anything that he has missed from the scene. With a face reserved for produce shoppers he glances at Darmon, then Edmund, and back again. - Where is Septa Emma? he wonders aloud. - I suppose we must see if we can find her.... or parts of her...

Sigurd makes to leave to go search for the missing caregiver.
Playing Sigurd Skaal in Rains Weep O'er His Hall

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 12:02:54 PM »
OOC: Ivan, Japheth or Emma the Septa.

Rohesia (Vevette's handmaiden) is there to assist Japheth.  She nods and hurries to gather the water and bandages and returns a few moments later.

"Poor girl...  Is there anything that you can do for her Japheth?  Is it just her hand that was injured?"

Other than a few scratches on her arm, Japheth notices nothing else that seems of concern, except for her far off stare.

Rohesia reaches out and moves some of the girl's hairs out of her face and Marlae doesn't react at all.  She seems to be staring at the bowl as if nothing else exists in the world.

Rohesia hands the bandages to Japheth with the water, and slowly begins walking over to the bowl, seemingly transfixed on seeing what rests within.     
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:12:38 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »
As Sigurd looks around, he can hear a pounding sound coming from the Sept. 
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »
Darmon mutters more in the strange state that he is in.

"Follow the fingers into Death Itself.  Reap of all you find there.  Drink deeply and surely of the font of unhallowed wisdom; pure from myth and lies.  It will tear you and torture you and set you on a path that few will follow.  Caress the spirit, dance with it, and cast it screaming into the nothingness that is your life."

He suddenly throws himself on the floor and starts to gather the scattered decayed eyelids and puts them into the box once again.  He rolls up the box in the scroll, and then falls into a deep slumber on top of it all.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:03:58 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 03:15:26 PM »
Xylandra Xho (the exiled princess) and Daryn Fleshcloak (Commander of the Stormbreakers) arrive at the entrance of the Main Hall together.  Their eyes scan the scene and Xylandra's eyes seem to rest on the slumped over body of Darmon.  Daryn reaches out to pull her close to him, and she pushes him away, and then she slowly walks into the room.  She takes off her outer robe (a thing of silk and other exotic fabrics) and drapes it over Darmon without saying a word.  The way she walks betrays a lifetime of etiquette and training. 
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline IvanMike

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 56
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 04:27:09 PM »
With a quick glance to acknowledge the new arrivals on the scene, Sigurd makes his way to the sept to investigate the banging sounds.

Khale - He says this with a look at the Castellan lurking in the background indicating with his eyes that he wishes Khale to back him up as he enters the sept...
Playing Sigurd Skaal in Rains Weep O'er His Hall

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 06:10:54 PM »
Edmund

Nod my acknowledgement of the new arrivals. Sit down wearily and try to take in the scene around me through bleary eyes.
Is there any wine within reach?

 

Advertisement