HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2017, 06:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 2680
  • Latest: Electra
Stats
  • Total Posts: 335276
  • Total Topics: 7278
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 17
Total: 18

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: ASoIaF IC: Chapter 1 - Buried Secrets  (Read 14208 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »
On the large table there in the Main Hall are a few bottles of wine and some upturned clean glasses.  Servants are just starting to prepare and serve a mouth-watering breakfast.  There startled expressions are brief before resuming there normal blank slate faces.  They look at the platters and plates and look not again at their bloody sleeping Lord.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:38:41 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 06:46:04 PM »
Edmund
Whilst reaching for the wine, without turning around.
"How is the girl? Once you have finished with her can you take a couple of servants and assist my brother"

Offline quarklingg

  • Messenger
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 07:05:52 PM »
**Stepping toward Japeth his long cloak flowing behind him. Khale dresses very well for a hedge knight**
After you

**under his breath ** "it's Ser Khale"

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »
Edmund

Pour myself a steadying glass of wine with a trembling hand

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 09:27:57 PM »
One of the servants (named Angie... Andra... You aren't quite sure) rests her hands to steady Edmund's as he pours a drink.

"Let me help you mi'lord.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:30:23 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2017, 09:40:24 PM »
Sigurd and Khale make their way to the archway that leads to the Sept. Normally at this time the rainbow hued lights are dancing across the cracked and dilapidated stone floor, but not this chilly morning. 

Through that entryway you see an odd sight.  One of the walls has collapsed or It was pulled down.  You can see the uniform of a Septa sticking out from under the rubble draped over a slender ankle and foot.  It is still, frightengly so.

In the wall a mummified skeleton is held in place with iron bands, and instead of flesh, more scrolls are wrapped around the old bones.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:43:46 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2017, 09:54:08 PM »
Travail

The bard heard the screams earlier, and deliberately showed up to breakfast late. I wonder what the lunatic has done now, he thinks wearily.

When he arrives at the hall, he is disturbed to see the maimed scullion. His flayed finger throbs, beneath his glove, and the sight of her severed digits. He looks away and finds his seat at the table.

"Wine," he croaks, holding out his goblet for the servants, deliberately not looking at the injured servant or the prone lord. Eventually, his eyes find Xylandra and rest upon her. She is no Qaithe, but she is a beauty, he muses. And much better to dwell upon than the rest of the carnage in this hall. How much more can I endure? Seven save us, that's not sausage they're serving, is it?!

OOC: If Xylandra returns his gaze, he'll smile sadly and try to pretend he caught her in a thousand-yard-stare.

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »
More wine is poured by servants who pretend today is like every morning before this one.

Xylandra if she notices the stare is polite enough to not make Travail feel badly about it.  Her eyes scan the room and the slowly rising and falling back of Darmon. She kneels down beside him and strokes his oily hair like a mother would try to comfort her sick child.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:06:45 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »
Travail

watches Xylandra another moment, then turns his attention to the table. He skips the meat entirely, settling instead for some eggs and bread.

Everyone else is preoccupied, so he turns to Daryn, who has taken a seat close by. "What news, Commander? Other than the obvious, I mean."

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »
Daryn

"Nothing to report other than a bunch of blood-thirsty bastards are waiting around to kill something with our thumbs up our arses."

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:26:54 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 10:35:22 PM »
Travail

raises his wine goblet to the mercenary. "I imagine you shan't wait long. This is Westeros, after all."

He drains his wine and turns to his food. As he eats, he finds himself looking around the hall with his thief's eye. It's the hundredth time he's looked for weaknesses and opportunities, but old habits die hard, and one never knows when something new may arise.

Offline IvanMike

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 56
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2017, 07:37:36 AM »
Sigurd scans the Sept quickly for any immediate signs of danger or something else out of place. Pausing long enough to make sure the Septa is beyond help, he gives Khale a raised eyebrow worthy of Mr Spock, and cautiously approaches the chained skeleton to examine it. Well, we found her Kahle, didn't we?

OOC: is the house is that much of a state of disrepair that walls are likely to collapse, or does it seem more plausible that someone made an effort to pull it down?
Playing Sigurd Skaal in Rains Weep O'er His Hall

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
When Sigurd touches the Septa's ankle he is surprised to see that it is not corpse cold to the touch.  She might still be alive under all of that rubble.  He knows the castle has seen better days but he doubts it is so far gone that the walls are collapsing on their own.  Looking closer at the room he sees some discarded digging tools.

He also notes that the skull of the skeleton in the wall is wired shut and it appears to have silver coins behind it's decayed teeth.
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline IvanMike

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 56
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »
Khale! Quickly! She may yet live!

Sigurd begins to remove the rubble from The trapped Septa as quickly as he can, grunting like a man his age as he toils.
Playing Sigurd Skaal in Rains Weep O'er His Hall

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »
Travail

Hearing shouting and activity in the sept, he leaves the table and cautiously  walks over to see what's going on.

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2017, 08:00:10 PM »
Edmund
Down the wine. Smile at the survivor and gesture for another.
facing my mad brother and his handiwork calls for alcohol.
Ooc have I heard anything like his mutterings. Does it jog any memories?

Offline quarklingg

  • Messenger
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 03:01:32 AM »
What madness is this?

Khale moves to the rubble and begins to clear it away. Sweat beads on his Bros like a gossamer crown as he toils with the bricks, coughing as the aged mortar mixea with the air. Stone after Stone he lifts and toils. The effort in his face giving accent to the movements. He works and occasionally looks over at his companion searching for recognition of his work in the others face.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2017, 03:21:12 AM »
Travail

sees Sigurd and Khale trying to rescue someone under the fallen wall and moves to help.

Offline Moebius

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 33
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2017, 04:37:31 AM »
Maester Japheth


“Sit still,” Japheth said as the girl squirmed.

He dabbed at the stump which had been Marlae’s finger, careful not to burst the newly-clotted crust. He cocooned the girl’s hand with one bundle of bandages, wresting her other arm to her side as she struggled. Her gaze was distant, troubled.

“Milk of the poppy, I need milk. It hurts,” she said, listlessly.

“There isn’t any,” he lied. It pained him slightly, seeing her this way. In truth his supply was dwindling, and he wasn’t about to squander it on this wisp of a girl. His more precious ingredients were reserved for those of higher position. Or perhaps it was something else that made him reticent. 

It was this place. It oppressed him. His ill-humor at being here grew with each passing day. Its musty air polluted him, like breath circling in a diseased lung, weighed him down with despair. Mold invaded every room and crawlspace and crevice of this place, darkening the walls and fouling the tapestries. Trying by some act of sentience to devour the waterlogged remains of this drowned hold. To finish it off in a predatory meal. This shambling corpse of a ruined fort.

This broken promise of a place.

Despite all this, The Banefort clambered on, rasping and clawing for its last lick of life. Like so much in this land, the bones were strong. This unlikely stack of stones, defying all laws of nature in its very existence, clung together, lived on. Not unlike the noble house and heirs themselves.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:37:44 AM by Moebius »

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2017, 08:05:14 AM »
Edmund

Having finished the second glass of wine push myself away from the table. Leave my sword lying there.

Glance at the girl.

Head out of the room to see what all the noise is about.

i need to get free of this place and the pall of madness surrounding my brother. If only he would die

 

Creative Freedom banner