HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2017, 06:37:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 2680
  • Latest: Electra
Stats
  • Total Posts: 335276
  • Total Topics: 7278
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: ASoIaF IC: Chapter 1 - Buried Secrets  (Read 14206 times)

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
Re: ASoIaF IC: Chapter 1 - Buried Secrets
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2017, 09:42:29 PM »
Travail

bows to Lord Edmund, by way of an answer. He moves carefully to the splattered remains of the crushed servant.

He'll check the crushed servant for signs of life, while he discretely also checks for any valuables on the corpse.

Offline IvanMike

• Herald
« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2017, 12:24:26 AM »
Edmund
Not waiting for an answer.
Looking in turn at the relevant people
"set the garrison on full alert. Prepare a party to go out and search for our visitors. I will go with that party."

As you wish my lord Sigurd says with a smile, then looks at the Iron Born Ward - Come with me you little bastard, let's go give your countrymen a royal welcome. Sigurd moves rapidly out to go alert the garrison, making sure that Asmund is with him.
Playing Sigurd Skaal in Rains Weep O'er His Hall

Offline samwise7

• Marquis
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2017, 01:01:34 AM »
Travail finds a fine silver chain bracelet covered in cobwebs and dust in a bloodsoaked pocket.
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

• Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2017, 01:13:24 AM »
A muscle in Asmund's cheek tightens.

"My last name is Volmark... and I was lead to believe the Baneforts were friends to us islanders. It seems that has changed with the recent developments...  I also remember a tale of Quenten meeting with several influential Captains years ago. I suspect that those without salt in their blood have forgotten.  Your own soldiers fought and died with us. Perhaps your Lord did not trust you enough to involve you Advisors as you call yourselves.  Keep calling me bastard, but I have friends were you do not." 

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #244 on: June 19, 2017, 01:54:42 AM »
Travail finds a fine silver chain bracelet covered in cobwebs and dust in a bloodsoaked pocket.

Travail

palms the bracelet.

Offline IvanMike

• Herald
« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2017, 06:33:18 PM »
Sigurd ignores Asmund's speech and hurries out to alert the garrison, keeping an eye out for Darmon.

Offline Moebius

• Banner Bearer
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2017, 01:46:39 AM »
Japheth burned the messages in a nearby torch. An interesting proposal...very interesting indeed.

He would need to think carefully on this matter.

A deafening crash shook the Rookery. For a brief second he thought they were under siege. But before he even made it to a window, he knew what caused the sound.

The walls collapse, as heavy as dead men's dreams.

Japheth hurried down to the great hall.

Offline samwise7

• Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2017, 01:22:37 PM »
Outside in the rain Darmon and his entourage can't be seen in the intense rain and hail.  A storm like this hasn't come through these parts Sigurd thinks since he was a much younger man.  He does find some castle guards  however that stand up when he quickly approaches.

"What are your orders sir?"

Offline Richard.b.

• Banner Bearer
« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »
EDMUND

rush towards the sound of the latest mishap

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2017, 09:26:21 PM »
Travail

pockets the bracelet and watches as the others head out into the storm. With a long looks at Quaithe, he tightens up his cloak and follows Sigurd, against his better judgement.

I shall lead them to where I saw the Ironborn, he thinks, but more deeply he knows that the real reason is that he doesn't want Quaithe to think him a cowardly thief.

Offline samwise7

• Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2017, 08:53:12 PM »
Japheth and Edmund run into each other in the halls (not literally though).

Travail finds Sigurd talking with a castle guard, but the insane Lord is nowhere to be found, and neither are all of the Mercenaries.  He must have lead them off somewhere, and it seems nigh impossible to follow tracks when the raid is pounding down as it is.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #251 on: July 03, 2017, 01:21:34 AM »
Travail

"Master Sigurd, shall I show you where I spied the Ironmen?" he asks, though without enthusiasm, as the rain hammers down.

Offline IvanMike

• Herald
« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2017, 06:29:27 PM »
Travail

"Master Sigurd, shall I show you where I spied the Ironmen?" he asks, though without enthusiasm, as the rain hammers down.
Damned right! Sigurd shouts. Come with us! he shouts to the guards. Hurry now Travail, don't want to keep our guests waiting, we must give them a royal welcome, right Asmund!? Sigurd walks swiftly, ignoring the storm, only glancing back at the Ironborn brat.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2017, 08:26:40 PM »
Travail

pulls his cloak tight and leads the way out into the hammering rain. He willdo his best to lead the men to the cave in question.

Offline samwise7

• Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2017, 10:53:40 AM »
Travail leads Sigurd and most of the guards for the castle to the area in question.  Upon close inspection it seems like the cave has been abandoned, but not before they killed that fisherman and his son.  Their naked broken bodies are half buried in the sand of the cave, and their clothes are piled up nearby.  Anything of value has been stripped from them.   

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »
Travail

feels disgusted at the murder, and partially responsible. I should have handled things differently, he thinks.

"This is where they were. There are other caves, nearby, as you know. Perhaps they moved to one of them."

He will look around the cave with his thief's eye. Surely, with that many men, someone left something behind...

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2017, 10:07:13 AM »
Travail

finding nothing of use or value, Travail looks to Sigurd for his thoughts.

Offline samwise7

• Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2017, 12:31:33 PM »
For a moment Travail thinks he sees that servant boy walking along the beach.  Was he throwing stones into the water?  There are no footprints on the sand however.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2017, 03:04:17 PM »
Travail

dashes back out into the storm, to try and find the boy.

He feels his neck hairs prick as he starts to think the lad may not be exactly... corporeal...

Offline Moebius

• Banner Bearer
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2017, 10:24:31 PM »
Japheth careened headlong into a dark figure in the passageway. A thunderous boom from nearby clouds punctuated the collision. Watch where you are going, fool, he thought to himself. Some oafish servant, no doubt. The servants here in the Westerlands had none of the grace of those in the Vale.

Light from another flash illuminated the face before him. Wet tufts of hair matted in curls against a reddened forehead. The features of the face were cut in sharp relief by the shadows, and he was sure now that a sinister grin bubbled up to the surface of those lips. They've found me, even here in this shitheap of a fort in the arse end of the kingdom.

They've come at last!

Japheth's heart raced, the muscles in his neck and forearms tightened. He fumbled for the dagger he sometimes carried at his waist....not there. He remembered then that he had tossed it over the cliff and cursed himself for being so rash.

Now who is the fool, Maester? They've caught you unprepared in the great game. Moves and counter moves, but you didn't see this move coming. Your piece played poorly and now the winning hand moves a piece to administer the killing blow...

It was a good game. A great game.

He pushed himself up against the slick wet rock of the hallway. What was surely mere seconds stretched into what felt like an eternity.

Another flash lit the stolid face. "Oh, Edmund, it's only you! You gave me a fright, indeed. I'm not feeling well as of late with this stormy weather. Come, I have some news for you about our Lord..."

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:31:12 PM by Moebius »

future fantasy tabletop role play game, sic-fi and fantasy writers links to www.swordandsigil.com