HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2017, 06:42:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 2680
  • Latest: Electra
Stats
  • Total Posts: 335276
  • Total Topics: 7278
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 17
Total: 18

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: ASoIaF IC: Chapter 1 - Buried Secrets  (Read 14207 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2017, 02:10:15 PM »
Edmund and many of the other members of the house have heard Darmon speak of death, and the voices he hears, but most of the time it was incoherent at best.  This seems more directed, with more of a focus, and perhaps even an air of disturbing truth to it... perhaps.

Marlae pulls her bandaged hand back quickly from the Maester, and holds it close to her chest.  Her eyes dart to the slumbering Lord, and then to the Maester's face, and there is obvious fear and hatred there.  She pushes her way up from her seated position against the wall and begins to move quickly from the hall.  She makes quick curtsies as she passes everyone else, but it is obvious this room is the last place she wants to be right now.

"I'll be in the servant's quarters, M'lord... Maester..."

Edmund, like everyone else that is now heading to the Sept to see what the ruckus is about, see the Septa's body slowly being uncovered as each ancient stone is rolled off her of her delicate and bloody body.

OOC Posting Guidelines: http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=9029.msg336871#msg336871
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »
With the impressive help from Travail (he seemed to move even the largest bits of debris off of her with ease) the last of the rubble is removed from Septa Emma, and she appears to still be breathing. 
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2017, 05:15:56 PM »
Travail

"Maester!" Travail calls back towards the Great Hall, hoping to get Maester Japeth's attention.

His healing skills are limited, but he'll see if there is anything simple he can immediately do for the septa.

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2017, 06:20:27 PM »
Travail clears some of the remaining debris from her face delicately, but he isn't sure what else he can do.
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline IvanMike

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 56
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2017, 11:20:31 PM »
Breathing hard, Sigurd relaxes a bit when he sees that the Septa is still alive. Standing upright with a slight groan he gives an approving nod to Khale and Travail. When he sees that the latter is busy trying to provide aid to the Septa he touches Travails shoulder and shouts - "Maester! stop being so damned melancholy and give us a hand eh? We need her alive!"

Sigurd turns and walks towards the skeleton in the ruins of the chapel wall. "Surely this waif didn't pull these blocks down by herself...and definitely not on herself... that is madness." He mutters only a bit softly
Playing Sigurd Skaal in Rains Weep O'er His Hall

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2017, 11:50:18 PM »
Travail

looks up from the septa. "Careful!" he cautions the master-at arms. "This skeleton may still have a bite."

He'll approach the skeleton carefully, discretely looking for traps. He also notes the gold silver in it's mouth, and will see if it appears to be bait.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:47:32 AM by Barrow »

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2017, 12:37:07 AM »
Travail notes that the silver coins in the skeleton's wired mouth are all of different shapes and sizes.

OOC: House Banefort is known for its silver mines.
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2017, 12:39:47 AM »
Sigurd notes that the scrolls that wrap the brittle looking bones are all written in a similar manner to that of the scroll that Darmon has in the other room.  He also notes that to the left and right in the wall are finger bones of other skeletons that must also be hidden behind the walls.  There appear to be no traps, but he also notes that as well as silver coins there is a dark clay vessel above the coins in the skull. 
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2017, 12:41:32 AM »
Septa Emma cries out briefly, and she mumbles under her breath.

"Do not listen... stop... they are not there... they are not... real."
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2017, 12:57:24 AM »
Travail

steps back from the wall and crouches by the septa again. He puts a calming hand on her forehead, but his mind is still on the silver.  It is intriguing, but... I am a bard. I am a bard, not a thief, he reminds himself. But...

"Do be careful, Master Sigurd. That wall hasn't given up all of it's secrets yet, I think."

... if I can keep them away from the silver, perhaps I can come back tonight and investigate further...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:15:27 AM by Barrow »

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2017, 10:55:18 AM »
Edmund

"can we move her out of the way of the wall? I am concerned that there might be a further fall. The state my father and brother have allowed the hold to get into"


OOC: was this section of wall unstable or do I believe that someone has interfered with it?

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2017, 12:24:37 PM »
No walls in the castle seem like they are going to collapse, and the digging tools in the area indicate that it was taken down on purpose.  In fact the walls you would think are the best and sturdiest feature of the castle.  Everything else however... needed replaced several lifetimes ago and are in much need of replacing and repair.  Edmund remembers discussing such things with his father (Lord Quenten) but he kept secret thoughts to himself and seemed much more interested in having a strong military force and navy.  It is true that the house's troops have proved invaluable with Rob Stark "The King in the North" invading and burning the Westerlands as of late.     
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:46:21 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2017, 01:17:40 PM »
Occ: ah missed the digging tools, really must consider stopping drinking before breakfast

Offline IvanMike

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 56
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2017, 03:31:58 PM »
Sigurd

By the seven! Where the hell is that Maester?
Sigurd looks irritated and heads back in the direction of the hall to fetch the Maester.
To both Japheth and Edmund. " What do you two make if all this? You both know more history than I..." ~ Sigurd looks pleadingly at Edmund, and a little disdainfully at Japheth.
Playing Sigurd Skaal in Rains Weep O'er His Hall

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2017, 04:48:31 PM »
Xylandra motions for Daryn to help.

"I know this is against your despicable nature, but would you mind actually doing something and help me take him back to his chambers?

Daryn takes a look at Xylandra, looks like he is about to make a comment and chooses the more prudent response by picking up the Heir and throwing him over his shoulder.  Darmon is still clutching onto the scroll and the box in a death-grip.  He is now mumbling again, but it is impossible to understand what he is saying between the snoring.  They begin taking him back to his chambers.
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2017, 09:13:48 PM »
Travail

moves away from the septa, to stay out of the way of more capable hands.

While everyone else is busy with the septa, he'll try to slip away unnoticed.  He grabs his lute and heads to the godswood with his mind on Quaithe and a pit in his stomach.

May she be unhurt... I will bleed this house dry if that lunatic has harmed her, guest right or no...



« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 12:31:35 AM by Barrow »

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2017, 12:50:10 AM »
In the Godswood Travail finds that the face carved into the tree has been hacked violently, and an old sap covered axe is lying in the small pool that is near to it.  Its handle is stained red with the finger marks of whoever wielded the crude weapon.  The sap is slowly leaking out of the tree in sludgy strands in many places and pooling around the uncovered roots.

Quaithe is sitting near to the face, and Travail notes that her hands are not covered in sap.  Her eyes turn up when he enters, but she is once again wearing her face mask that she is prone to wear that conceals just about every facial feature except for her eyes.  It seems old habits die hard with this one who has traveled so far away from her homeland.  From behind the mask her voice fills this quiet and holy place.

"Do you think it is unholy to watch a god die?"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 01:03:51 AM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2017, 01:30:53 AM »
Travail

drops his eyes respectfully, but his mind swirls. She is alive. She is unhurt. The tree! The weirwood! Who might have done such a thing? Seven be praised, she's alive...

She had never spoken directly to him before, never even acknowledged his existence. He wasn't sure what to say.

"I.. I.." he stammers, then composes himself. "When a god dies, milady, what mortal can look away?" he answers, eyes downcast.

Offline samwise7

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 7775
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2017, 10:03:33 AM »
In the Godswood Quaithe looks once again to the bleeding tree and makes a strange whistle noise that seems to have some... empathy in it?

"No, not truly.  This one is not dead yet, only wounded and frail.  It will go on longer than you or I will.  I will do what I can.  My father taught me once how to care for a damaged tree, though not nearly one so old."


She pulls out a small knife from a tie that is holding her hair back.  You never noticed THAT before in all the time your eyes stared at her... 

"Get some servants to dip these fallen leaves here with a mixture of one part plant oil, and 4 parts clay, and to wrap these wounded areas here, and here with them.  They can wrap the tree with rope to add pressure.  I will do what I can..."

She begins, ever so carefully, to remove the dead bits of bark and high points left after the brutal axe hits.  She rests the removed parts of the bark on her pregnant belly as she works. 

"Go.  Now.  We can discuss the way you look at me later."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 10:19:02 AM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

ASoIaF NPCs Version 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJetNm1kLXVZbE1FeDQ/view?usp=sharing

ASoIaF Castle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5q-SrbFhJeteGxjeXQyMXFubHM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Richard.b.

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 46
Re: ASoIaF: IC Thread
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2017, 04:58:55 PM »
Edmund

stand looking at the scene before me. Does it look like some weird burial ritual the way the scrolls have been wrapped around the body?

 

Advertisement