Real Roleplaying Forums

The Archive => The Trophy Case => Stranded in Space (HARP: SciFi) => Topic started by: ob1knorrb on February 27, 2006, 05:36:38 AM

Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on February 27, 2006, 05:36:38 AM
The Story So Far

The crew of the Jenny Allen, a small Scoutship, met at Far End Space Station in the lounge.  While making final arrangements, the Baron got a strong feeling that they should be leaving quickly.  Everyone made their way quickly to the ship and got on board and launched seconds before the space station locked down.  The reason for the lock down was that a large group of Silth fighters were detected entering the system and heading towards the Space Station.
The Jenny Allen made her way to the exit Jump Point, engaging and destroying a Silth fighter along the way, allowing a Passenger Liner to escape the system.  However, the Jenny Allen did not escape unscathed. The main airlock got damaged and rendered unusable, and the engines took a hit that caused a fire in the engine room, and then an explosion after the Jenny Allen entered hyperspace.  The jump drive was damaged and the ship headed off towards parts unknown.
The fire in the engine room gets extinguished, with some minor injuries.
In reviewing the sensor information gathered during the battle, the crew discovered that the Space Station did take a missile hit right in the area of the lounge where they had initially met and that one or possibly two Silth fighters had showed up at the Jump point fairly close behind the Jenny Allen and my have attempted to follow her into hyperspace.

The Jenny Allen remains in hyperspace for nine days, during which time a lot of the damage is repaired and the engine room is cleaned up.  The Jump Drive is not able to be repaired as most of the damage is on the outside of the ship.  Likewise for the main airlock.  Upon exiting hyperspace there is a bit of fancy flying to avoid the asteroid field that is near the entry point, then two habitable planets are detected and a large ship, 25 kilometers long, 6 kilometers wide and 4 kilometers tall is picked up orbiting the closet planet.  The Jenny Allen is too badly damaged to attempt a planetary landing, but the ship has an open docking bay, so although attempts to hail it have no success, the crew decides to land on the mysterious ship.  The docking bay doors are open because there is a large cargo container in the doorway off to one side that seems to be keeping the doors from closing.  

The Jenny Allen is able to land without incident, the Baron detects that there is life aboard the large vessel but nothing specific or in the immediate vicinity, although a little later he does have mental contact with very disturbing presence.

Moments after the Jenny Allen lands, two smaller robots and two larger robots come out of a couple of airlocks near the back of the bay.  The two larger robots simply stand by the airlock doors, one of the smaller robots walks over the Jenny Allen and does a visual inspection while the other one goes to a side area, climbs up to a catwalk and then into a control cab for a crane which he uses to move the cargo container out of the docking bay door area so the bay doors can now close and the cargo area can be repressurized.

The Medic and Zaras go on a scouting expedition, briefly communicating with the smaller robot that is inspecting the ship, then going through the airlock with one of the larger robots.  Communication with them is lost shortly after they get onto some sort of subway car.  The larger robot (or another similar one) comes back through the airlock and takes up it’s guard position again.

Phill, Dutch and Prescott had also gone outside the ship, staying on the roof and armed with laser rifles, a few explosives and a couple of sandwiches. Prescott inspects the ship, making a list of items that are required to do repairs, while Dutch and Phil keep tabs on the robots, Phill carefully lining up the smaller robot that has been inspecting the ship in his sights.
After some ribbing back and forth between the Doctor and the Baron, the rest of the crew is now suited up and armed and ready to join their crewmates on the top of the ship (which is where the emergency airlocks exit).
It has suddenly occurred to Dutch that the robot in the cab of the crane overhead has just moved into a spot where it will have a great view of top of Jenny Allen where the crew has been taking cover to stay out of sight and it will probably be only a matter of moments before it communicate the fact that there are several armed people on the roof to the other robots.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on March 01, 2006, 04:52:12 PM
The doctor shoves past the baron (ooc: martial arts style attack scaled back to subdue) and rolls through the open airlock with his laser pistol held in two hands, visible laser sight turned on and ready to fire...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on March 01, 2006, 07:06:58 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Mar 1 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback
29190[/snapback]]
The doctor shoves past the baron (ooc: martial arts style attack scaled back to subdue) and rolls through the open airlock with his laser pistol held in two hands, visible laser sight turned on and ready to fire...

From behind Ryan watches the doctor move and softly says, "Looks like any kind of diplomacy is now out of the question."  Then peaking forward he announces, "Let's do this!" as he remains where he stands until given direction by the strategists of the group.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on March 02, 2006, 04:42:26 PM
Since the Doctor's actions preclude any more chance of diplomacy...

The baron finds the best cover he can before pulling out his laser pistol.  Hoping to even the odds slightly Gaylen settles himself and activates his paranormal abilities attempting to control one of the large humanoids and prevent it from taking action.  If a large android doesn't come into his view he'll do the same for whatever opponent comes into view.

Should his target become motionless Gaylen will shout, "Shoot the motionless one, QUICK!"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on March 04, 2006, 10:33:34 PM
Round 0, Phill and Dutch get their initial shots, Phill fires at the smaller robot
85 - Skill Laser Rifle
+80 - Die Roll
+ 0 - Range is 20 meters so no bonus or penalty. Range Increment on Laser Rifle is 30m
-10 - DB of small robot
=155 Total, medium weapon so maxes out at 100

100 on Robot Energy Critical:


Top shooting! One of foe’s manipulator arms (and any integrated equipment or weapons) is completely disabled as wave of fire melts most of the circuitry. Foe is stunned for 8 rounds, at –30, and suffers 42 Hits. (Stamina RR Fails)

The robot's clipboard falls to the floor as his arm melts in a flash of smoke and flame. It stands there and looks dumbly down at the clipboard

Dutch fires his rifle at one of the larger robots at the back of the landing bay

+74 - Skill Laser Rifle
+30 - Die Roll
-10 - Range is 50 meters, into the 2nd range increment for a Laser Rifle
-40 - DB of Larger robot
=54 - Total

54 on Robot Energy Critical:


Bolt strikes junction of manipulator arm and main body, causing hydraulic fluid to boil out. Foe is stunned 2 rounds, at –10, and takes 21 Hits. Fluid will be boiled out completely in 10 rounds[(Stamina RR fails)

The robot falls backwards against the wall, leaning against it.

The rest of the crew gets into position, which mostly involves drawing weapons and either lying prone on the top of the ship or moving behind some sort of equipment.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on March 04, 2006, 11:33:22 PM
[OOC] Everyone please post their actions for round 1. Please include which robot you are shooting at (if you are shooting) and/or any special combat actions you are taking. Use the following names to refer to the robots:
L.Robot A is the damaged Large Robot - 50 Meters away (-10 for rifles, -40 for pistols)
L.Robot B is the undamaged Large Robot - 50 Meters away (-10 for rifles, -40 for pistols)
S.Robot A is the damaged Small Robot - 20 meters away (0 modifier for rifles, -10 for pistols)
S.Robot B is the undamaged Small Robot in the cab of the Crane, 35 meters away (-10 for rifles, -20 for pistols and has half hard cover for a +50 to it's defensive bonus.
Everyone on the top of the ship also is considered to have half hard cover against all the robots except for S.Robot B
Although I think everyones character sheet listed the main weapon skill as Laser Rifle, I'm actually assuming that everyone except Phill and Dutch have Laser Pistol as their main weapon.  Let me know if this isn't the case for your character.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on March 05, 2006, 08:52:14 PM
The Doctor:

Rolls into a low crouch, shielding himself as much as possible from the hangar floor, making a two-handed-well-aimed-shot at LRobotB.

(-20 ob, +10 size)

(read the GM post and edited actions)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on March 07, 2006, 06:19:15 PM
Phill

Looks for the next nearest short robot and blasts away...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on March 07, 2006, 06:32:20 PM
Ryan remains in the doorway, carefully aiming towards the robot within the cab of the crane (S.Robot B).  

OB+11
-20 for pistol range
-10 for Small Robot DB
-50 for cover
TOTAL: -69
(Pray for a REALLY high roll!)  :wacko:
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on March 08, 2006, 07:20:48 PM
Toulaan aims for the same robot in the cab.

+16? OB?
-20 Range
-50 Hard cover
-10 Robot size
Totalish:  -64 if memory serves   :unsure:

Toulaan is also praying for a very high roll.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on March 12, 2006, 02:17:09 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Preparing to exit Ship's Airlock

Reegus, being the pilot, will be the last off the ship.  As soon as the others have cleared the hatch he pokes his head out, catches sight of the blaster fire heading upward toward the 'bot in the crane cab, and joins in the fun.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on March 12, 2006, 10:09:58 PM
Round 1

The Doctor hits the large Robot at the back of the bay dead center in it's chest, causing a very impressive display of sparks and smoke. However, the robot doesn't seem as impressed as everyone else as he promptly plugs the Doctor with shots from both hands. The Doctor doesn't fall, but is weaving a little.

Reegus and Phill both fire at the smaller robot in the cab of the crane, Reegus just misses, but Phill manages to wing him with a decent shot, but is muttering under his breath and seems quite displeased with the results.

Ryan points his pistol up at the cab of the crane, then pulls it back down and starts fiddling with something on his pistol.

The other larger Robot limps into the airlock, still leaking fluid from his arm, punches a button with it's good arm, then gets chucked to the back of the airlock as Dutch nails him again, destroying the robots other arm.  This one won't be shooting back anytime soon.

Initiative (insight bonus + quickness bonus + any modifiers + die roll)

+28 - Gribble 10+12+6
+26 - Reegus 11+11+4
+25 - L. Robot B 5+5+5(lightning reflexes)+5(two gun combo) +5
+24 - Prescott 12+2+10
+24 - Phill 1+10+5(lightning reflexes)+10
+22 - Ryan 11+2+10
+19 - L. Robot A 5+5+5(lightning reflexes)+4
+19 - S. Robot B 5+5+9
+14 - Toulaan 9+2+3
+12 - Dutch 1+10+1
-09 - S. Robot A 5+5+9-25 ( Wounded more than 50%)  

Doctors Shot at L.Robot.B

+66 Roll  
+28 skill
-20 Well aimed shot,
+10 Laser sight,
 -50 range,
 +10 size,
-30 Robot DB
=14 Total
Damage 34 (ignore -20 OB modification for Well Aimed shot plus additional +10 for Well Aimed Shot)


Shot hits upper portion of robot’s locomotive gear (destroying biological surface there) and damaging internal circuitry. Foe is stunned 1 round, at -10, and takes 18 Hits. (Time to repair: 2 hours; Cost: 15%)

L.Robot B’s Resistance roll for Stun (Target 150)
60 Roll
99  Resistance:Electronic Skill
159 Total – Successfully exceeds target of 150 and resists the stun.



Reegus Shot at S.Robot.B
+20 Roll
+32 Skill
+10 Laser sight
-20 Range
-50 Half Hard Cover
-10 Robot DB
= -18 Total – Missed


L. Robot B – Returns fire at Gribble using Two Gun Combo Combat Style
First gun (Energy Stunner)
+90 Roll
+64 Skill
-10 from Gribble’s hit
-50 Range
-50 Half Hard cover for Gribble
-34 DB for Gribble
=10 Total


Foe is stunned for 3 rounds. Act now while he’s stunned.

Second gun (Laser Pistol) (-20 penalty ignored due to Ambidexterity Talent)
 +90 Roll (really, rolled it twice in a roll)
+64 Skill
-10 from Gribble’s hit
-50 Range
-50 Half Hard cover for Gribble
-34 DB for Gribble
= 10 Total


Laser bolt grazes foe’s arm causing moderate surface burn. Foe takes 9 Hits

Gribbles Resistance Roll for Stun
Target 160 (150 +5 per stun above 1)
+87 Roll
+7 Resistance:Stamina Skill
=94 Total – Failed


Prescott moans at the thought of more holes being punched into his ship.

Phill’s Shot at S.Robot.B
+07 Roll
+85 Skill
+10 Laser sight
 - 0 Range
-50 Half Hard Cover
-10 Robot DB
= 42 Total


Shot hits upper portion of robot’s locomotive gear (destroying biological surface there) and damaging internal circuitry. Foe is stunned 1 round, at -10, and takes 18 Hits. (Time to repair: 2 hours; Cost: 15%)
S. Robot A’s  Resistance Roll (Target 150)
+36 Roll
+35 Skill
=71 Total - Failed

Ryan’s Shot at S.Robot B:
+02 Roll – FUMBLE

01 – Fumble Roll

Combat (Ranged) You are not sure whether the safety is on or off and spend the round fiddling with your weapon.


L.Robot A
Moves into the Airlock that he is standing beside and pressed the button to close the door. From previously seeing how the airlock works, you know it takes about 6 seconds for the door to close completely.

Toulan’s Shot at S.Robot.B
+40 Roll
+10 Skill
+10 Laser sight
 - 20 Range
-50 Half Hard Cover
-10 Robot DB
= -30 Total - missed


Dutch’s shot at L.Robot.A
+92 Roll
+74 Skill
+10 Laser sight
 - 10 Range
-40 Robot DB
= 126 Total (100 max)

Top shooting! One of foe’s manipulator arms (and any integrated equipment or weapons) is completely disabled as wave of fire melts most of the circuitry. Foe is stunned for 8 rounds, at –30, and suffers 42 Hits

L.Robot.A Resistance Roll (Target 150 + 5*7 = 185)
+57 Roll
+99 Resistance:Electronic
=156 – Failed

S.Robot.A
Moves next to the ship where he can’t be spotted from on top of the ship.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on March 14, 2006, 12:25:20 PM
The Doctor:

The doctors cry of success turns to pain as he receives the two blasts in return.

He retreats back into the doorway using as much cover and parry db as he can manage.

"Damn, I need a bigger gun!"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on March 14, 2006, 03:10:31 PM
Ryan glances down at the Doc, "You OK?" he asks, as he finally brings the gun back up to take aim at the same small robot in the cab.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on March 14, 2006, 04:16:52 PM
doc:

"need .. a bigger ... gun!"

he grins manically.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on March 14, 2006, 04:48:45 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay (Vacuum)[/font]

As Prescott has been pretty inactive in the beginning of the laserfight, he swears silently as more shots end on the ship.

(If he notices the small bot A nearing the ship)
"No way i let this small bastard under my ship where it could wreck havoc unchecked."
He then aims for it and fires at it. ( +13 Skill )
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on March 14, 2006, 06:42:41 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Mar 14 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback
29907[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay (Vacuum)[/font]

As Prescott has been pretty inactive in the beginning of the laserfight, he swears silently as more shots end on the ship.

(If he notices the small bot A nearing the ship)
"No way i let this small bastard under my ship where it could wreck havoc unchecked."
He then aims for it and fires at it. ( +13 Skill )
[OOC] A couple notes, the Ship's Bay is no longer in a Vacuum, once the doors closed the atmosphere got restored.
To get to where you can shoot at S.Robot.A again you will need to move closer to the edge of the top of the ship, giving up your Hard Cover 50% bonus.  You can still remain prone, which gives you a decent bonus as well (don't have the book handy).  You'll basically end up hanging over the edge of the ship shooting back under it towards the bot.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on March 14, 2006, 06:55:54 PM
ooc:
I just realized that there was posting text mixed in with the combat roll section. I had not realized that the first time around.


bic:
Ryan calls out, "Someone keep that door from closing!"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on March 14, 2006, 08:37:13 PM
Phill,

Pleased with his last shot begins humming the song short people...
takes another shot at the short robot above...

"hmmmm... short people... no reason... "
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on March 14, 2006, 08:38:22 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Mar 14 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback
29928[/snapback]]
ooc:
I just realized that there was posting text mixed in with the combat roll section. I had not realized that the first time around.


bic:
Ryan calls out, "Someone keep that door from closing!"
Yes, there are a few notes mixed in there, I tried to cover most of them in the top blurb but it's probably worth reading them.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on March 15, 2006, 03:24:55 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Mar 14 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback
29928[/snapback]]
Ryan calls out, "Someone keep that door from closing!"

Dutch
"I'll get it!"  And jumps off the top of the ship and starts running across the landing bay, taking another shot at L.Robot.A as he dashes towards the airlock.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on March 15, 2006, 05:13:02 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Mar 15 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback
30012[/snapback]]
Dutch
"I'll get!"  And jumps off the top of the ship and starts running across the landing bay, taking another shot at L.Robot.A as he dashes towards the airlock.

As Dutch races forward Ryan calls out, "Cover him!"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on March 17, 2006, 08:25:32 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Out of his Element

With Dutch making a glorious, heroic move...  Reegus keeps plugging away at the little 'bot in the crane.

"I've got to hit something eventually!"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on March 18, 2006, 03:08:30 PM
Toulaan takes careful aim at the 'bot in the crane.

"I hope I hit something this time!"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on March 21, 2006, 05:17:42 AM
Round 2

Reegus snaps a quick shot off at the robot in the cab of the crane, the laser bolt deflects off of the chest of the robot and into the control box of the crane, causing a fairly impressive display of sparks and a sizable dent in the robot.

The larger robot switchs it's targeting from the Doctor to Dutch but obviously suffers some sort of malfunction as it blasts the small robot under the ship with it's stunner. The targeting error is quickly corrected as Dutch gets grazed on the arm by the laser pistol. While it is shooting, it also moves over a couple of meters to get some cover behind a stake of crates.

The Doctor takes cover in the airlock to regain his bearings.

Happily humming the "short people" song, Phill blasts one of the arms completely off of the robot in the cab of the crane, adding a nice little fireball to the spark display.

Prescott leans over the edge of the ship slightly to see the other small robot that just got blasted by the larger robot.  Like shooting fish in a barrel, he pops a shot into the robots head and it promptly topples over.

Ryan and Toulan both squeeze off shots at the robot in the crane, but the sparks and the fireball must be distracting as they both miss and the robot sinks out of sight to the floor of the crane cab.

Dutch basically rolls off the top of the ship, landing heavily with a 'woof' but on his feet. He starts moving toward the closing airlock.


Initiative (insight bonus + quickness bonus + any modifiers + die roll)

+29 - Reegus 11+11+7
+27 - L. Robot B 5+5+5(lightning reflexes)+5(two gun combo) +7
+25 - Gribble 10+12+3
+22 - Phill 1+10+5(lightning reflexes)+6
+18 - Prescott 12+2+4
+18 - Ryan 11+2+5
+15 - S. Robot B 5+5+5
+14 - Toulaan 9+2+3
+13 - Dutch 1+10+2
-06 - L. Robot A 5+5+5(lightning reflexes)+4-25 (Wounded more than 50%)
-11 - S. Robot A 5+5+7-25 ( Wounded more than 50%)  


Reegus Shot at S.Robot.B
+51 Roll
+32 Skill
+10 Laser sight
+20 Opponent is Stunned
-20 Range
-50 Half Hard Cover
-10 Robot DB
= 33 Total (Critical -10 for small weapon)

Midsection strike fries any biological surface on torso and damages some nearby circuitry. Foe takes 12 Hits and is at –5. (Time to repair: 1 hour; Cost: 10%)

Seeing the damage Dutch inflicted on the other large robot, L.Robot.B fires both guns at Dutch using Two Gun Combo Combat Style then moves a few feet over to get some cover behind some crates.

First gun (Energy Stunner)
+01 Roll - Fumble

Fumble Roll 82
- Combat (Ranged) If there is an ally in the vicinity (SysOp’s choice if more than one), you have just fired on him (make a new attack roll but ignore any fumble results) If not, shoot yourself instead (roll d100 on the appropriate critical table for damage). Poor S.Robot.A
+21 Roll
+64 Skill
+10 Laser sight
+20 Opponent is Stunned
-20 Range
-50 Half Hard Cover
-10 Robot DB
= 35 (-10 on critical table for small weapon


Is that an infinite loop in the code? Stunned 5 rounds until exit condition is triggered.

Second gun (Laser Pistol) (-20 penalty ignored due to Ambidexterity Talent)
+92 Roll
+64 Skill
-10 from Gribble’s hit
-50 Range
-50 Half Hard cover for Dutch (hasn’t moved yet)
-30 DB for Dutch
= 16 Total (-10 on critical for small weapon)


Laser bolt grazes foe’s arm causing moderate surface burn. Foe takes 9 Hits


The Doctor retreats back into the doorway

Phill’s Shot at S.Robot.B
+80 Roll
+85 Skill
+10 Laser sight
+20 Opponent is Stunned
 - 0 Range
-50 Half Hard Cover
-10 Robot DB
= 135 Total (Medium weapon maxes out at 100)


100 on Robot Energy Critical:

Top shooting! One of foe’s manipulator arms (and any integrated equipment or weapons) is completely disabled as wave of fire melts most of the circuitry. Foe is stunned for 8 rounds, at –30, and suffers 42 Hits.

S.Robot B’s Resistance roll for Stun (Target 100 = 8*5 = 140)
55 Roll
35  Resistance:Electronic Skill
90 Total – Fails.



Prescott’s Shot at S.Robot.A
+84 Roll  
+13 skill
+10 Laser sight
 -0 range
 +20 Opponent is stunned
-10 Robot DB
=117 Total (Small weapon maxes out at 90)


Precision fire disables robot’s auditory sensors, while the rest of the blast stuns foe for 6 rounds, puts it at a –25 penalty, and delivers 35 Hits. (Time to repair: 3 hours; Cost: 20%)
Total hits exceeded, robot falls over

Ryan’s Shot at S.Robot B:
+08 Roll
+11 skill
+10 Laser sight
 -20 range
 +20 Opponent is stunned
-10 Robot DB
-50 Half Hard Cover
=-31 Total – Missed


S.Robot.B falls to the floor of the cab of the crane

Toulan’s Shot at S.Robot.B
+27 Roll
+10 Skill
+10 Laser sight
+20 Opponent is Stunned
 - 20 Range
-50 Half Hard Cover
-10 Robot DB
= -13 Total - missed





Dutch jumps off the top of the ship down to the deck, a light maneuver.
+48 Roll
+20 Light Maneuver
+18 Acrobatics/Tumbling skill
= 86 total

Dutch lands heavily and will be at -10 to actions next round.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on March 21, 2006, 09:10:05 PM
Toulaan (Docking bay of large ship)

Realizing he should have spent more time in the shooting range of PsiCorps, Toulaan takes aim at the nearest robotic target and hopes he hits with his pop gun.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on March 24, 2006, 04:49:36 PM
Ryan quickly says to the others, "Give me some cover."  He then rises up and races to follow Dutch.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on March 24, 2006, 09:05:15 PM
Now that Reegus has tasted some small success with his pop gun, he responds to Ryan's request and shifts his aim to any threats to either Ryan or Dutch.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on March 24, 2006, 10:00:08 PM
The Doc continues to recover in cover.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on March 24, 2006, 11:58:36 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Mar 24 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback
30670[/snapback]]
Ryan quickly says to the others, "Give me some cover."  He then rises up and races to follow Dutch.
[OOC] Are you jumping off the top of the ship the same way Dutch did or would you prefer to take three rounds to climb down the ladder?  I'll assume you are jumping unless you post otherwise
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on March 25, 2006, 02:41:33 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Mar 24 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback
30689[/snapback]]
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Mar 24 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback
30670[/snapback]]
Ryan quickly says to the others, "Give me some cover."  He then rises up and races to follow Dutch.
[OOC] Are you jumping off the top of the ship the same way Dutch did or would you prefer to take three rounds to climb down the ladder?  I'll assume you are jumping unless you post otherwise
while the smart thing would be to use the ladder.... the heroic thing is to jump and Ryan (though he would deny it if asked) is a guy who craves being heroic
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on March 26, 2006, 10:31:19 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

There seems to be enough suck ... err heroes around so Prescott will use the ladder ... to provide rear guard of course :P
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on March 28, 2006, 02:14:30 PM
ooc:
BTW - I assume Fate Points are in play... I'll use one if necessary with my jump. :)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on March 29, 2006, 10:50:04 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Mar 28 2006, 07:14 AM) [snapback
30918[/snapback]]
ooc:
BTW - I assume Fate Points are in play... I'll use one if necessary with my jump. :)
Yes, I'm using Fate Points
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 01, 2006, 11:27:49 PM
Round 3

Reegus fires a shot into the crates that the last remaining robot is hiding behind, damaging the crates but not much else. He does however shift the crates just enough that Phill gets a quick glimpse at the robot and nails him right below the neck with a very lovely shot.  There is a small explosion and you see the robots head do an impressive arc through the air, bounce off the back wall and roll to a stop on the deck about 10 meters away.
Prescott starts making his way down the ladder, Ryan jumps down, stumbles a little and takes off after Dutch who is making a mad dash towards the closing airlock door.
Toulaan was looking for an opening to take a shot at the Robot, but then lowers his gun after seeing Phill decapitate it.


Initiative (insight bonus + quickness bonus + any modifiers + die roll)

+29 - Reegus 11+11+7
+29 - L. Robot B 5+5+5(lightning reflexes)+5(two gun combo) +9
+29 - Gribble 10+12+7
+25 - Phill 1+10+5(lightning reflexes)+9
+23 - Prescott 12+2+9
+22 - Ryan 11+2+9
+20 - Dutch 1+10+9
+15 - Toulaan 9+2+4
-04 - L. Robot A 5+5+5(lightning reflexes)+6-25 (Wounded more than 50%)
-13 - S. Robot B 5+5+2-25(Wounded more than 50%)


Reegus Shot at L.Robot.B
+57 Roll
+32 Skill
+10 Laser sight
-50 Range
-100 Full Hard Cover
-30 Robot DB
= -81 Total - Missed


L.Robot B is staying under cover, waiting for Dutch to go past him

The Doctor continues to recover

Phill’s Shot at L.Robot.B
+99 Roll
+88 Second Roll
+85 Skill
+10 Laser sight
 - 10 Range
-100 Full Hard Cover
-30 Robot DB
= 142 Total (Open ended roll ignores damage cap)

120 (max) on Robot Energy Critical:


Goodbye, Marvin. Perfect shot strikes personality unit and power supplies. Small internal explosion ends robot’s existence. Foe is dead. Foe takes 65 Hits. (Time to repair and replace: 12 hours; Cost 50%)

Prescott starts climbing down the ladder

Ryan jumps off the top of the ship down to the deck, a light maneuver.
+31 Roll
+50 (1 Fate point spent)
+20 Light Maneuver
-23 Acrobatics/Tumbling skill
= 78 total (28 without Fate Point)
-15 to next rounds activities (or -40 if not spending Fate Point)




Dutch starts moving at a dash to the Airlock
BMI= 185cm = 3m per round + 0.3 Quickness bonus = 3.3 *5 dash = 16.5 meters per round.  Airlock is about 50 meters away, so should just get there after 3 rounds, just before the door closes.  He will need to make a maneuver roll to get in the door before it finishes closing
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 03, 2006, 10:05:37 AM
(ooc:  1 more round of stun for the doc?)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 03, 2006, 06:07:17 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 3 2006, 04:05 AM) [snapback
31234[/snapback]]
(ooc:  1 more round of stun for the doc?)
Yes, still stunned for Round 4, not stunned for Round 5.  Unless somebody posts that they are doing something specific for Round 4 today, I'll probably skip ahead to Round 5, which should finish off this combat and move us out of Round by Round activity for awhile
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 03, 2006, 06:44:45 PM
Ryan continues racing towards the door, heedless of any other assaults.

ooc:
Fate points are good!  
Let's hope Dutch makes it or else Ryan will be left standing in the open.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on April 03, 2006, 10:03:12 PM
Unless there's a robot still looking menacing Toulaan will walk over to the *ahem* 'good' Doctor and administer the same technique for waking unconscious persons upon the Doctor as he experienced earlier in the day.   :lol:

"Wakey, wakey Doc.  Now's not the time to be lying around."


If there is a robot still somewhat functional Toulaan will take aim and fire, hoping the pop gun will do something more than make pretty lights.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 03, 2006, 10:22:31 PM
The three robots at ground level are almost certainly out of commission.  The small robot in the cab of the crane is the only one you are not sure about, it took a pretty heavy hit but dropped out of sight so you can't tell for sure if it is still functioning or not.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 04, 2006, 04:26:39 AM
Round 4
Dutch and Ryan continue to dash across the landing bay, Prescott finishes climbing down the ladder, Toulaan doesn't spot anymore robots so moves to "help" revive the Doctor
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on April 04, 2006, 02:33:20 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 3 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback
31274[/snapback]]
The three robots at ground level are almost certainly out of commission.  The small robot in the cab of the crane is the only one you are not sure about, it took a pretty heavy hit but dropped out of sight so you can't tell for sure if it is still functioning or not.

After helping the Doctor to his feet, Toulaan calms himself and shifts his point of view so that he can see inside the cab (using Clairvoyance.)  He will do what he needs to (i.e. climb on top of the Jenny Allen) in order to be able to complete this little recon.

OOC: not sure if he has the range to do it.  Only 1 meter is pretty short.   :(
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on April 05, 2006, 08:25:47 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Once he's sound and safe on the Bay's floor, he hurries to the airlock, ready to engage again his spacesuit if it appears the bay is being vacuumed.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 07, 2006, 05:59:46 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Apr 4 2006, 08:33 AM) [snapback
31304[/snapback]]
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 3 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback
31274[/snapback]]
The three robots at ground level are almost certainly out of commission.  The small robot in the cab of the crane is the only one you are not sure about, it took a pretty heavy hit but dropped out of sight so you can't tell for sure if it is still functioning or not.

After helping the Doctor to his feet, Toulaan calms himself and shifts his point of view so that he can see inside the cab (using Clairvoyance.)  He will do what he needs to (i.e. climb on top of the Jenny Allen) in order to be able to complete this little recon.

OOC: not sure if he has the range to do it.  Only 1 meter is pretty short.   :(

The cab of the crane is more than 1 meter above the highest point on the Jenny Allen, so you won't be able to see in.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 07, 2006, 06:15:24 PM
Ryan continues his mad dash for the door.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 08, 2006, 04:38:29 PM
Round 5

Dutch does a final sprint to try and get to the Airlock before the door finishes closing, but doesn't quite make it.  He makes an impressive dive to try and stretch and get his rifle jammed into the doorway but misses by a fraction of a second. Ryan is right behind him, but just a little too far away to do anything.  The door closes.
Toulaan is watching the cab of the crane intently, but doesn't spot anything other than a few flames and a bit of smoke still coming from the cab.  Everything seems pretty quiet in the landing bay, other than a few snaps and pops from the shot up robots.


Dutch finishes his dash to the Airlock
Walking across a flat surface is normally a Mundane maneuver, so Dashing would be a Medium, so no modifier. He’s diving to get through the door, so will use Acrobatics/Tumbling and it will be an “All or Nothing” Maneuver.
+27 roll
+18 skill
= 45 – Less than 101, so the maneuver fails
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 09, 2006, 08:40:13 PM
[OOC] That is it for combat rounds for now
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 09, 2006, 10:13:19 PM
The doctor slaps on a field dressing, slaps himself to wake him up and then readies himself to shoot any new targets.

(eg.  the concentrating psionic with his back to him ;) )
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on April 10, 2006, 02:33:17 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 9 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback
31590[/snapback]]
The doctor slaps on a field dressing, slaps himself to wake him up and then readies himself to shoot any new targets.

(eg.  the concentrating psionic with his back to him ;) )

Unfortunately for the "good" doctor, the psionic is on the top of the ship.  :P
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 10, 2006, 05:41:58 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Apr 9 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback
31603[/snapback]]
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 9 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback
31590[/snapback]]
The doctor slaps on a field dressing, slaps himself to wake him up and then readies himself to shoot any new targets.

(eg.  the concentrating psionic with his back to him ;) )

Unfortunately for the "good" doctor, the psionic is on the top of the ship.  :P
Actually, everybody was on the top of the ship, other than the folks that have now jumped/climbed down.  That's where the emergency airlocks come out.  Toulann did not have to move much, just a meter or two, to get to the high point on the top of the Jenny Allen
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on April 10, 2006, 05:47:34 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 10 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback
31633[/snapback]]
Actually, everybody was on the top of the ship, other than the folks that have now jumped/climbed down.  That's where the emergency airlocks come out.  Toulann did not have to move much, just a meter or two, to get to the high point on the top of the Jenny Allen

oh...  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 10, 2006, 07:08:08 PM
ooc:  "oh!" indeed!

bic:

The doctor's finger twitches everso slightly on his pistol's finger guard as he uses his medical knowledge to visualise the effects of a laser beam at short range through the baron's kidneys.

"Next time, maybe..."

He murmurs to himself.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 11, 2006, 04:04:37 AM
A bit of a recap of the situation,  the Jenny is parked basically in the center of a large landing bay, which is about 150 meters wide and 100 meters deep and 40 meters high.

There are the large bay doors behind her that open into space, but are now closed.  There are the two airlock doors against the back wall, about 30 meters apart that the robots came out of.  The door on the right hand side is now closed, Dutch is just picking himself up off the floor in front of it and Ryan is now standing there with him. Prescott is on his way over as well.  Behind that particular door is a shot up large robot, quite likely out of commission.  This is the same door that Zaras and the Medic went through a little earlier.

The door on the left is still open.  A couple meters ahead and to the left of the door is a fairly large stack of crates, stacked 4 meters high, 2 meters deep and about 6 meters long.  Each individual crate is about a meter long and 1/2 a meter deep and wide.  Several of these near one end have now been shot up and the second large robot is laying in pieces behind the crates, his head is laying further away, about half way between the two airlock doors.  

There are a few other stacks of crates along the back wall as well.  One stack appears to be barrels of some sort rather than crates.  This one is towards the right hand wall.

On the far left hand side of the bay, there are some vehicles, small tractors and forklifts that would be used for moving cargo and there is a ladder leading up to a catwalk which gives access to the cab of a crane that is mounted on the ceiling.  There are cables and rails along the ceiling that allow the crane to move around above the landing bay.  The catwalk extends around the back of the landing bay and to the far right hand wall.  There is another ladder on the right hand wall.  This ladder goes up to the catwalk, then appears to continue up to a hatch in the ceiling.  There also seems to be some sort of control booth at floor level against the right hand wall.  There is also a stack of large freight car size cargo containers against the right hand wall, stacked two high and six across.

The crane itself is about 15 meters above the Jenny Allen and about 25 meters to the left.
There is a small robot presumably still in the cab of the crane and there is still a little smoke coming out of the cab. There is still a cargo container hanging from the crane. The bottom of the cargo container is about 3 meters above the deck.

Doctor Octavius Gribble, The Baron Toulaan, Phill, and Reegus are still on top of Jenny, since that is where her emergency airlocks come out.  There is a small, no longer functioning, robot lying on the ground underneath the Jenny.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 11, 2006, 08:52:24 AM
Ryan stands at the door and curses through clenched teeth.  He then turns and looks at the team, calling out, "Baron - can you tell Zaras or the Medic to get back here and open this door.  Warn them that the robots are no longer neutral and are most likely dangerous."

Ryan pats Dutch on the back as he rises. "Keep an eye on that other door for now while we reassemble. I'm going to have the others do a quick search, and then with or without the others we're moving on."

As he moves back towards the Jenny he calls, "Phill, head up to that crane cabin and make sure that the little one is out of commission - the recon the top hatch.  Reegus, you and Doc take the crates, barrels and containers. I want to know what is in them, and if there is any kind of equipment that might help out our ship - let Prescott know so he can examine them more closely."

Quietly he pulls Prescott aside, "I don't like this place. We need to find something to get us out of here as soon as possible.  Do you know what kind of gear the Jenny needs to make a jump?"  He pauses for Prescott's response, and then adds, "Then find it."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on April 11, 2006, 01:14:53 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

After roughly giving out the list he made for himself
"Okay captain, copy that."
...
"But i doubt we'll find everything here. Some of this stuff is pretty specific and do not hang out in the open if they repair crew know their job."


"Doc, Reegus, get yourselves down there, pronto. There's an awful lot of stuff to inspect."
If i know i can handle one well enough:
"I'll get one of the forklifts, we'll need it for sure."
If not:
"If one of you know how to handle the forklifts go get one, we'll need it."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 11, 2006, 05:25:54 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 11 2006, 07:14 AM) [snapback
31683[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

After roughly giving out the list he made for himself
"Okay captain, copy that."
...
"But i doubt we'll find everything here. Some of this stuff is pretty specific and do not hang out in the open if they repair crew know their job."


"Doc, Reegus, get yourselves down there, pronto. There's an awful lot of stuff to inspect."
If i know i can handle one well enough:
"I'll get one of the forklifts, we'll need it for sure."
If not:
"If one of you know how to handle the forklifts go get one, we'll need it."

[OOC] You have a driving skill of 30, which should be more than enough to handle the forklift.  There is one parked near the Jenny that the small robot was driving.  It is still running so you don't even need to figure out how to turn it on.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on April 11, 2006, 06:57:04 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Apr 11 2006, 02:52 AM) [snapback
31672[/snapback]]
Ryan stands at the door and curses through clenched teeth.  He then turns and looks at the team, calling out, "Baron - can you tell Zaras or the Medic to get back here and open this door.  Warn them that the robots are no longer neutral and are most likely dangerous."

"I'm sorry Capt'n.  They are out of my range.  I fear the only way we can tell them is to go find them."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 11, 2006, 07:33:58 PM
The doctor puts his pistol reluctantly away and starts to climb down (there is a ladder, right?) the side of the ship.

His banadage and a quick slurp of his homebrew seem to have worked wonders on his state of health.

"If you can open the doors, boss.  I can escort the baron after the away team. That is, of course, if he isn't scared of a couple of robots."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 11, 2006, 07:47:27 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 11 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback
31699[/snapback]]
The doctor puts his pistol reluctantly away and starts to climb down (there is a ladder, right?) the side of the ship.

His banadage and a quick slurp of his homebrew seem to have worked wonders on his state of health.

"If you can open the doors, boss.  I can escort the baron after the away team. That is, of course, if he isn't scared of a couple of robots."

Yes, there is a ladder going down. And a friendly reminder that although his state of health may be good, the state of his space suit might leave a little to be desired...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 11, 2006, 07:56:26 PM
The doctor pauses as he is about to climb down the ladder.  His fingers twitch again as he gets a vision of the baron flailing for balance as someone stamps on his fingers.

"Hmm ... does the hole in this swim-suit matter?"

He asks, turning back and nipping into the airlock to go and change.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 11, 2006, 08:09:39 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 11 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback
31701[/snapback]]
The doctor pauses as he is about to climb down the ladder.  His fingers twitch again as he gets a vision of the baron flailing for balance as someone stamps on his fingers.

"Hmm ... does the hole in this swim-suit matter?"

He asks, turning back and nipping into the airlock to go and change.

It will only take a couple of minutes to replace just the arm on the suit with a new one. You would have had to remove it to put on the bandage, so you're halfway done already.  The suits are self repairing to a point, but it's best not to take too many chances..
Unless you want to forego the space suit and take a chance with the light body armour.  See the posting in the OOC thread.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 11, 2006, 10:00:22 PM
Dutch finishes getting up off the floor and looks at the arm of his suit
"Damn, I'd better get mine fixed too, Hey Doc, can you grab a spare suit arm for me while you are in there?"
He then moves over to the other airlock door
"The inside door is still closed on on this one, I bet if I stick a crate or part of this dead bot in the doorway so it can't close, then the inside door won't open"
He starts dragging the torso of the dead bot over towards the door.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on April 12, 2006, 12:57:35 AM
Phill... finds a way up the crane ... to finish off the short robot.... or plug a few shots into what is left of it.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on April 12, 2006, 01:38:21 AM
Reegus - Pilot - On top of a big shiny box, inside a bigger shiny box, somewhere in space

Reegus makes his way down off the ship and begins a search of the boxes, crates and barrels around the docking bay.  He doesn't really know what he's looking for, but figures he'll know it when he sees it... or when something starts shooting again.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 12, 2006, 03:31:31 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 11 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback
31713[/snapback]]
Phill... finds a way up the crane ... to finish off the short robot.... or plug a few shots into what is left of it.
You climb up the ladder to the catwalk and get to a small control station with just a couple of controls

The crane looks somewhat like this:

(http://www.icewebring.com/Stranded/OverheadCrane.jpg)

The entire blue girder also rolls back and forth on tracks, giving access to the entire landing bay area.

From the catwalk you can see into the cab of the crane, the robot is laying on the floor, not moving.
The control booth on the catwalk would allow you to move the crane back to a position where you can get into the cab, but with the cargo container still hanging from the crane, you might end up slamming it into the wall. There doesn't seem to be a way to lower it from the station on the catwalk.  You could fairly safely move it to within 5 meters of the catwalk.  If you then felt particularly adventurous, you could walk along the girder to the cab of the crane.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 12, 2006, 04:05:10 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 11 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback
31714[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - On top of a big shiny box, inside a bigger shiny box, somewhere in space

Reegus makes his way down off the ship and begins a search of the boxes, crates and barrels around the docking bay.  He doesn't really know what he's looking for, but figures he'll know it when he sees it... or when something starts shooting again.

Looking at the crates that have been shot up, there is some sort of heavy grey powder leaking out of them.  The barrels seem to contain some sort of black tar.  The big cargo containers have a panel on them that looks like it will cause the wall at the end of the container to open up like a ramp.  There is also a regular size door that would open up to give access to the inside of the container without opening it up completely.

The cargo container on the top right seems a little different, instead of being a flat grey color, it is green, and it seems to have more regular doors and doesn't have a large door on the end.

By the time Reegus gets to the large cargo containers, the Doctor will have finished replacing the arm on his suit and can join him by the cargo containers.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on April 12, 2006, 08:28:55 PM
Phill thinks the risk of letting a short anything live, is worth walking a girder... besides this crane could be fun to use... grins...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 13, 2006, 03:00:59 AM
Phill climbs out onto the girder and moves reasonably quickly out to the cab of the crane.  The robot can be seen laying on the floor of the cab of the crane, not moving and some smoke still coming out of the hole where the arm use to be attached, the arm itself is laying against the wall of the cab.
It takes a minute or so to figure out the best way to get off of the girder and into the cab of the crane, but he gets in safely.
Part of the control panel is damaged from a deflected laser bolt, but it looks like you should still be able to raise and lower the cargo container.
Prescott spends a couple minutes practicing with the forklift, then hops off to look at the grey powder that is in the crates.
"Hmm, some sort of concrete mix"


Walking along the girder to the cab of the crane:
[ April 12, 2006, 10:38 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of allenmaher and obtained 62. Reason : Stranded - Phills girder walk.

+40 Easy (no rush, lots of hand and footholds)
+ 31 Climbing Skill
= 143 - Success


Climbing into the cab of the crane from the girder
[ April 12, 2006, 10:43 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of allenmaher and obtained 55. Reason : Stranded - Phill climbing into crane cab.

+20 light (lots of time, good hand and footholds)
+31 Climbing Skill
= 106 - Success


Prescott examining grey powder from crates
[ April 12, 2006, 11:13 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of crayok and obtained 64. Reason : Stranded: Prescott Habitat Engineering.
+0 Medium (not directly related to Habitat Engineering)
+49 Engineering - Habitat
= 113 - Success
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 13, 2006, 03:39:59 AM
ooc:
Based upon the cargo being identified and Ryan's past experience in the area of new frontier development/research - can Ryan make any quesses as to what kind of ship this was, it's purpose, it's owners, etc.?
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 13, 2006, 05:14:02 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Apr 12 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback
31789[/snapback]]
ooc:
Based upon the cargo being identified and Ryan's past experience in the area of new frontier development/research - can Ryan make any quesses as to what kind of ship this was, it's purpose, it's owners, etc.?
Well, at the moment, you have tar and cement powder plus whatever might be in the large cargo containers that haven't been opened yet.  The cement powder would probably be mixed with large amounts of sand, gravel and water to make concrete, and there is enough powder here to make an awful lot of concrete if you had the other ingredients.
After checking out the forklift, Prescott can tell you that it is very old, but well maintained. Some of the parts are new but the design is one that hasn't been used in decades. Nothing about what you saw of the ship while landing or flying by seemed familiar to any of you.
The robots are also of a design that you don't immediately recognize, but might seem vaguely familiar in some regard.  Perhaps similar to something you may have seen in a museum somewhere?
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on April 16, 2006, 03:24:59 AM
Phill shoots the robot in the head, throws the robot to the floor after yelling look out bellow.... then tries to lower the container on it.  And gigles...  "short people... heeeheee..."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on April 16, 2006, 03:31:51 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Wandering around a cargo bay

Reegus is fascinated by the one green container in a sea of gray ones, so he heads that way to check it out.  Since it has many "normal" doors and no apparent ramp, he'll take a look at the center-most door on the side nearest him and see if he can find any lock or security on it.  If neither, he'll take a peak inside.

OOC: If there is some sort of control pad that needs "hacking" then I'm not sure Reegus is up to the task, so he'd likely have to call for assistance.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on April 17, 2006, 02:13:02 AM
Toulaan - Cargo bay - Trying to be useful  :rolleyes:

Toulaan goes to the door last closed by the damaged robot and tries to scry beyond it.  If nothing interesting appears to be going on he will do the same for all the other doors/entrances to the cargo bay.  Hopefully the doors are plastic.  If all the doors are metal he'll attempt to scry inside cargo containers, unless those too are metal.

If all else fails Toulaan grabs a hyper prybar and begins opening containers too.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 18, 2006, 05:54:49 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 15 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback
31945[/snapback]]
Phill shoots the robot in the head, throws the robot to the floor after yelling look out bellow.... then tries to lower the container on it.  And gigles...  "short people... heeeheee..."
Well, it's more or less successful, there is a resounding crash as the container does a free fall drop for the last 2 meters.  The thing is the size of a freight car, so everybody jumps...  But it does squash what's left of the robot quite nicely

[size=8][ April 18, 2006, 1:34 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of allenmaher and obtained 54. Reason : Phill Machine operation.[/size]

Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 15 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback
31946[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Wandering around a cargo bay

Reegus is fascinated by the one green container in a sea of gray ones, so he heads that way to check it out.  Since it has many "normal" doors and no apparent ramp, he'll take a look at the center-most door on the side nearest him and see if he can find any lock or security on it.  If neither, he'll take a peak inside.

OOC: If there is some sort of control pad that needs "hacking" then I'm not sure Reegus is up to the task, so he'd likely have to call for assistance.

It is stacked on top of one of the gray containers, so you would have to climb up to it, which would not be difficult. The smaller doors on the gray containers look like they just latch and don't have locks, from what you can see of the green container, the doors look similiar

Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Apr 16 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback
31998[/snapback]]
Toulaan - Cargo bay - Trying to be useful  :rolleyes:

Toulaan goes to the door last closed by the damaged robot and tries to scry beyond it.  If nothing interesting appears to be going on he will do the same for all the other doors/entrances to the cargo bay.  Hopefully the doors are plastic.  If all the doors are metal he'll attempt to scry inside cargo containers, unless those too are metal.

If all else fails Toulaan grabs a hyper prybar and begins opening containers too.

The doors themselves are metal, but there are plexiglass portals in them. The inside and outside doors are both closed in the airlock that the damaged robot is in, you can see the robot just laying there inside the airlock, it isn't moving at all.  You can see a corridor that extends past the airlock on the other side, but nothing moving there.
The other airlock is open on the docking bay side and closed on the far side. Looking out the portal on the far side, there is a short 3 meter room, then a stairway going down. There is some light coming from down the stairway.  There is a keypad on the inside of the airlock and what looks like a card reader attached to it.  The only other exit that you are aware of is the ladder going up to the ceiling off the catwalk (and the main bay doors of course :) )
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on April 18, 2006, 07:43:04 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Mountain-Climber Extraordinaire
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 18 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback
32110[/snapback]]It is stacked on top of one of the gray containers, so you would have to climb up to it, which would not be difficult. The smaller doors on the gray containers look like they just latch and don't have locks, from what you can see of the green container, the doors look similiar
*sigh*  {It's always up, isn't it?} Reegus bemoaned to himself.  {Well, up we go, then.}

With a quick, deep breath Reegus adjusts his gear and starts his climb to check out the most convenient door on the green container.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 18, 2006, 08:54:52 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 18 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback
32114[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Mountain-Climber Extraordinaire
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 18 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback
32110[/snapback]]It is stacked on top of one of the gray containers, so you would have to climb up to it, which would not be difficult. The smaller doors on the gray containers look like they just latch and don't have locks, from what you can see of the green container, the doors look similiar
*sigh*  {It's always up, isn't it?} Reegus bemoaned to himself.  {Well, up we go, then.}

With a quick, deep breath Reegus adjusts his gear and starts his climb to check out the most convenient door on the green container.

Reegus scoots up with no problem, there is a ladder in one corner of the gray container, then scoots a couple meters over along a ledge to the first door.  The latch flips open easily and the door can be swung open, fortunately out and away from Reegus. It opens into what strongly resembles a dorm room, or a crew cabin on a small ship. It has a single bed (no mattress or sheets) and a desk and a small closet and not much more. It's about 4 meters by 3 meters. That would make it the full width of the container, but it looks like it is only about half the height. There doesn't appear to be another exit from the room

[size=8][ April 18, 2006, 4:37 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of lonejedi and obtained 82. Reason : Stranded: Reegus Climbing.[/size]
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on April 19, 2006, 12:30:28 AM
Phil tries to move the crane to the side so that he can climb down easily...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 19, 2006, 02:16:02 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 18 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback
32137[/snapback]]
Phil tries to move the crane to the side so that he can climb down easily...
Moving the crane back to the side, now that the container isn't attached, is very easy and accomplished quickly even with the shot up control panel.

[size=8][ April 18, 2006, 10:13 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of allenmaher and obtained 86. Reason : Stranded: Phill Machine Op.[/size]
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on April 19, 2006, 07:34:16 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Watching Reegus climp up to the green container, speaking/shouting loud enough to be heard by him
"You sure you don't want our squasher comrade to get the container down ?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on April 19, 2006, 12:56:53 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Knows where his towel is
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 19 2006, 07:34 AM) [snapback
32149[/snapback]]
Watching Reegus climp up to the green container, speaking/shouting loud enough to be heard by him
"You sure you don't want our squasher comrade to get the container down ?"
"I don't think we'll need to, unless we all want to check each of these doors at the same time.  I was just attracted by the pretty green," he finishes with a wink.  He then continues to check the various doors on the green container.  If any of them prove unreachable, however, then he will seriously reconsider the offer.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 19, 2006, 04:04:10 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 19 2006, 06:56 AM) [snapback
32166[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Knows where his towel is
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 19 2006, 07:34 AM) [snapback
32149[/snapback]]
Watching Reegus climp up to the green container, speaking/shouting loud enough to be heard by him
"You sure you don't want our squasher comrade to get the container down ?"
"I don't think we'll need to, unless we all want to check each of these doors at the same time.  I was just attracted by the pretty green," he finishes with a wink.  He then continues to check the various doors on the green container.  If any of them prove unreachable, however, then he will seriously reconsider the offer.
There is enough of a ledge that it is fairly easy to move from door to door, probably safer than having Phill attempt to move it with the shot up control panel in the crane.  If you really want a bit more of a safety margin, the forklift that Prescott was driving can lift up high enough to be level with the doors and he could move you from door to door.
In any case, the next door has a stairway that goes up half the height of the container (level with the ceiling in the first room) then has doors to the left and right that open into rooms that are similiar to the first one.
Near the middle of the container, there are a couple different rooms.  On the bottom floor is a larger common area that has a kitchen, a laundry area, and what seems to be an entertainment room.  Again, these are laid out with some basic items that are bolted done (counters, tables, etc) but nothing that is loose. Above that room on the second level is what is probabaly an office with several workstations.
You figure the whole container seems to be something you might put down on a worksite for a large construction project.
This is confirmed when the first couple grey containers are looked at and they contain earth moving equipment, steam rollers and other construction equipment.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 19, 2006, 05:53:48 PM
Ryan calls out to the others as their search wraps up. "OK, folks, enough goofing around here. We've got brothers inside this tin can somewhere. Let's find out where they are."

He motions for the others to join up near the remaining doorway.  Once in place he instructs. "Phill, you take the lead."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 19, 2006, 06:39:23 PM
The doctor:

The doctor takes his place at the rear of the team.  With his newly repaired jumpsuit, medical backpack and his laser pistol in his hand.

He takes a swig from his water flask while he waits for the others to get ready.

"Anyone injured?"

He asks.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 19, 2006, 08:24:46 PM
The door seems to require some sort of access card before the keypad will activate and allow the doors to be opened and closed.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 19, 2006, 08:33:07 PM
From your April 11th post:
The door on the left is still open. A couple meters ahead and to the left of the door is a fairly large stack of crates, stacked 4 meters high, 2 meters deep and about 6 meters long.

Please advise. I understood this to be a second door into the vessel.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 19, 2006, 10:26:16 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Apr 19 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback
32191[/snapback]]
From your April 11th post:
The door on the left is still open. A couple meters ahead and to the left of the door is a fairly large stack of crates, stacked 4 meters high, 2 meters deep and about 6 meters long.

Please advise. I understood this to be a second door into the vessel.
Ahh, I see the problem.  They are both airlocks so there is an inner and an outer door, the outer door being the one that opens into the docking bay, the inner door opens into the ship proper.  The right hand airlock has both doors closed, so the dead robot is basically stuck in a closet.  The left hand airlock has the outer door open but the inner door is still closed.  This is the one that Toulaan could see through the portal in the inner door and saw a set of stairs  going down.
The crates are inside the docking bay itself, so the robot moved from being in the doorway of the airlock and into the docking bay and then over behind the crates.  Hope this helps, if I had the time and the skill I'd do up a map in CC2.  I could probably draw a rough one by hand and scan it if need be.  Of course that would mean I'd actually have to have some idea of what the Jenny Allen actually looks like...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on April 20, 2006, 07:20:50 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

"This ship feels more and more like an arkship or colonisation ship of sorts to me captain."
"Though its size and outdated equipment beats me."
...
"So we try tampering with the lock ?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on April 20, 2006, 07:46:57 AM
Phill...
something tells him he should check out the hatch while he is up here...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 20, 2006, 03:46:46 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 20 2006, 03:20 AM) [snapback
32212[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

"This ship feels more and more like an arkship or colonisation ship of sorts to me captain."
"Though its size and outdated equipment beats me."

Ryan agrees. "Your assessment is dead on... unfortunately if this ship has been here long enough to make these tools antiques - we're going to need to find our way out before we end up antiques ourselves."

"Can someone get these doors open? Any sign of a keycard or way of using those robots to open them?" inquires Ryan
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on April 20, 2006, 03:53:24 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

If Prescott's confidence in his skills at possibly tampering with door's mechanism/electronics is good enough
"Let me have a look at this."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 21, 2006, 02:22:13 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 20 2006, 01:46 AM) [snapback
32215[/snapback]]
Phill...
something tells him he should check out the hatch while he is up here...

There is a wheel in the center of the hatch which sticks a bit when you go to turn it, but does move with a bit of effort an a disturbing grinding noise.  The hatch then pushes up, a couple of liters of dirty water dribbles out and you can see the ladder extends up into a dark access tunnel of some sort
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 21, 2006, 02:40:19 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 20 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback
32242[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

If Prescott's confidence in his skills at possibly tampering with door's mechanism/electronics is good enough
"Let me have a look at this."

Prescott takes a few minutes to look at the door mechanism, it seems to be a pretty secure setup and would require either an appropriate keycard to open or likely some sort of signal from a robot since a quick check of the robots doesn't reveal any cards on them. Bypassing the mechanism could be very difficult.

[size=8]April 20, 2006, 10:32 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of crayok and obtained 32. Reason : Stranded: Prescott Engineering-Electrical.
49 -Skill
81 - Total[/size]

[OOC] The skill needed to actually bypass the lock is Electronic Bypass, which I don't believe anyone has any ranks in.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on April 21, 2006, 11:41:58 AM
Dutch

Dutch looks at the scratching of heads and says "Ok guys, stand back and let me slot my authorization card up this locks arse" Shoving his pistol back in its holster he grabs from his utility belt something that resembles a protien stick. Ripping the orange rapper off it, he slaps on the lock something that resembles sticky plastic. "Time for this party to see some fireworks" Dutch says, as he sticks in the timing detonator. 'Oh yeah, you guys might want to find somewhere to hide; that is unless you want the inside of this docking bay to be in a reddish colour." Dutch sets the timer for an appropriate countdown  :ph34r: Dutch then runs for cover.  :D



ooc: I was invited.  B)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on April 21, 2006, 08:42:20 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

As Dutch finishes his lecture
"Aww sh**!"
then runs out for some badly needed cover.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 21, 2006, 08:49:10 PM
Ryan nods as he sees Dutch prepare then realizes. "If we blow the door, then we won't be able to re-seal the airlock to allow ourselves to go into the rest of the ship. Effectively we are creating a major problem for ourselves.   Can we reconsider this?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on April 23, 2006, 04:15:37 AM
Dutch sees Ryan deliberating and yells out over his shoulder, "Run Forest,....RUN!!!" :D
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 23, 2006, 01:58:56 PM
The doctor is waiting patiently by the airlock quietly testing the medicinal properties of his homebrew (hopefully if he imbibes enough it will prevent stun).

When he realises what Phil is up to he lunges forward to stop him placing the detinator into the plastique.

His preferred method of preventing this particular, soon to be patient's, action is a (full ob) spinning kick aimed at the solar-plexus.

"Fool!"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 24, 2006, 12:14:24 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 23 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback
32425[/snapback]]
The doctor is waiting patiently by the airlock quietly testing the medicinal properties of his homebrew (hopefully if he imbibes enough it will prevent stun).

When he realises what Phil is up to he lunges forward to stop him placing the detinator into the plastique.

His preferred method of preventing this particular, soon to be patient's, action is a (full ob) spinning kick aimed at the solar-plexus.

"Fool!"
[OOC] I take it you mean Dutch, not Phill?  I'll have to work this one out tonight when I get back home.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 24, 2006, 01:58:07 PM
ooc:

sorry "dutch"

i only have a small screen ...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 25, 2006, 03:55:51 AM
Just as Dutch is about to stick in the timeing detonator, the Doctor does a very impressive looking spin kick, hitting Dutch in the chest and knocking him back a foot or so from the airlock door.


+50 Die Roll
+76 - Martial Arts Styles - Capoera
-30 DB for Dutch
96 Total - missed, barely

[ April 24, 2006, 11:25 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of Gribble and obtained 50. Reason : Stranded:Gribbles attack on Dutch.



Phill is also suprised as he sticks his head up into the tunnel to take a look around and sees a very large rat staring back at him.  He's even more suprised a second later when he could swear the rat says "Crap!" and turns and starts running down the tunnel into the darkness.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on April 25, 2006, 05:35:13 AM
Dutch

"Son of a bitch!" Dutch yells as he staggers back, the detonater sliding across the floor. :wacko: His hand then drops to his holster.  

He then spots the humungous rat starring at them quite menacingly (in his mind at least), " Hucking fell!" he curses, and draws his pistol to fire at Mickey Mouse on steroids. :blink:
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on April 25, 2006, 05:53:20 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Rummaging through big boxes

Reegus continues to look for signs of anything interesting (OOC: especially self-censoring rats, which he's deathly afraid of ;)) as he makes his way back to the rest of the group.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 25, 2006, 07:20:28 AM
ooc:

Why not this?

96 -10 (small attack) = 86

86 on Martial arts sweeps table:

"perfect toss sends foe stumbling 5' away.  Foe takes 12 hits and is stunned 5 rounds."

;)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 25, 2006, 02:42:58 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 25 2006, 01:20 AM) [snapback
32546[/snapback]]
ooc:

Why not this?

96 -10 (small attack) = 86

86 on Martial arts sweeps table:

"perfect toss sends foe stumbling 5' away.  Foe takes 12 hits and is stunned 5 rounds."

;)

[OOC] Duh! Lack of sleep on my part, for some reason I was thinking of Maneuver Rolls where you need to crack 100 to be successful, you are correct, Dutch should now be staggering around wondering what hit him.  (And I should be recovered from the conference and caught up on sleep in another day or two).  Also, remember, Phill is up on the catwalk on the other side of the landing bay, so at this point he is the only one who has seen/heard the rat.
So, official ammendment:


Dutch staggers backward a couple more feet and starts gasping for breath

Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 24 2006, 11:53 PM) [snapback
32538[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Rummaging through big boxes

Reegus continues to look for signs of anything interesting (OOC: especially self-censoring rats, which he's deathly afraid of ;)) as he makes his way back to the rest of the group.
You do come across a couple big spools of cabling that you think Prescott could make use of in one of the big freight boxes.  Stacking neatly near one of the steam rollers.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 25, 2006, 07:03:23 PM
ooc:  He he no worries ... I suspected that it was a case of tiredness!

bic:  The doctor:

"What were you thinking of?"

The doctor moves forward to add another kick if the 'Fool' really does want to draw his weapon.

If Dutch stays calm then the doctor will apply one of his 'special dressings'.  If not he will hit him again before he can draw his gun.


ooc:  No offence Ironmaul ;)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on April 25, 2006, 09:16:17 PM
Dutch Revised.

"Son of a bitch!" Dutch gasped trying to catch his breath, the detonater lay upon the floor.  His hand then drops to his holster but it slowly moves away.

"Bloody hell, Doc!" Dutch said, still trying to get his breathing back to normal. "All you had to do was to asked me to hold up,"He bent down and picked up the detonator and clicked the button on showing the small green LED flashing; he then clicked it off. " I can't blame you for being tense," Dutch gave a cough,"But Duck me fead, you can certainly throw a kick!" Dutch begins to chuckle and shake his head. "Don't worry about it Doc, I've had worse." Dutch said as put the detonator back in his utility belt.

ooc: No offence taken Gribble :D
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 25, 2006, 09:30:16 PM
the doctor:

"Sorry Dutch, I guess I get kinda twitchy at the thought of having to breathe vacuum."

He pulls out his med kit and a 'nano patch' to heal the bruise.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on April 27, 2006, 03:22:14 AM
Phill puts his rifle in the hall and blasts off a few rounds to discourage any other rats from getting too close to his sandwhiches.  He (radios/signals/shouts depending on the availability of radios/line of sight/air) the rest of the folks bellow.. "Guys there is something alive in here... realy big talking rats."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 27, 2006, 04:26:13 AM
The doctor completes his administration of medicines to Dutch.

He then shakes his head, drawing in a breath through his teeth and pulls out a small cylindrical tube marked 'tranquuilisers'.

"Hang on Phil I'll be with you shortly.  Take a few calming breaths until I get there."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on April 27, 2006, 09:55:55 AM
Dutch

"Don't go doin' all the killin', Phill." Dutch replied. Dutch looked inquisitivly at the Doc and said, "Did he say talkin'rats? :huh:  Dutch caught sight of the docs tranqilizers as his put them in his vest, "Maybe we should stick a few of those in his rations." :P  Dutch pulled the rifle from the sheath on his back and said with a grin. "Come on Doc we've got some lab rats to hunt for you to experiment on."  ^_^
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on April 27, 2006, 11:57:06 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Once he's sure there no big explosion coming ...
"What do you mean big talking rats ? Where ?"
he then goes back to where Phill is
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 27, 2006, 03:02:15 PM
ooc:
Question...
We left our ship and entered the hangar area of the other ship. Due to the fact that the main hangar doors are not shut, we are in space and therefore using our suits for atmosphere concerns.  If Phill opened the hatch to the ventilation system and saw a rat - did the rat have some form of special equipment to provide atmosphere? Is the rat somehow capable of living in "space"?  Am I completely confused regarding the whole space/air/atmosphere issue?
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 27, 2006, 03:30:45 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Apr 27 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback
32698[/snapback]]
ooc:
Question...
We left our ship and entered the hangar area of the other ship. Due to the fact that the main hangar doors are not shut, we are in space and therefore using our suits for atmosphere concerns.  If Phill opened the hatch to the ventilation system and saw a rat - did the rat have some form of special equipment to provide atmosphere? Is the rat somehow capable of living in "space"?  Am I completely confused regarding the whole space/air/atmosphere issue?
Once the robot moved the freight box out of the cargo bay door area, the large doors closed and the atmosphere was restored to the landing bay area. (I'm pretty sure I posted that somewhere in the thread)

Ahh, found it:
http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=28720 (http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=860&view=findpost&p=28720)

I also mentioned it in (admittedly not really clearly) in the summary at the start of this thread.  I figured most of the characters were keeping their suits on because of healthy paranoia  :D
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 27, 2006, 03:45:28 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 26 2006, 09:22 PM) [snapback
32677[/snapback]]
Phill puts his rifle in the hall and blasts off a few rounds to discourage any other rats from getting too close to his sandwhiches.  He (radios/signals/shouts depending on the availability of radios/line of sight/air) the rest of the folks bellow.. "Guys there is something alive in here... realy big talking rats."

A voice comes from down the corridor:
"Hey you big git! What the hell are you shooting at me for?  I'm not the one coming into your home uninvited?"  
Sniff Sniff
"Hey, are those fresh sandwiches?  Hey guys, the big fellow has snacks!"


[OOC] I assume you were just popping off a couple of random shots and not really trying to hit anything.  There is air available so you could be shouting and/or using the radio.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on April 27, 2006, 05:57:28 PM
Toulaan - Cargo Bay (being next to useless i.e. the doctor. ;)  )

"DON'T SHOOT THE RATS!" Toulaan yells into the com, "Captain, remember the numerous beneficial sentient minds?  I wonder if it could be the rats?"

If Toulaan has enough capabilities...
He then settles his mind and reaches out psychically to the little buggers, "Be careful.  He's trigger happy when it comes to his sandwiches."

Otherwise...
Toulaan looks around for one of the oversized rodents.  Once he is able to make visual contact, he settles his mind and reaches out psychically to the little buggers, "Be careful.  He's trigger happy when it comes to his sandwiches."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 27, 2006, 08:09:13 PM
And there is a mass exodus away from the Airlock, up the ladder to the catwalk and along the wall to the other ladder where Phil has got the upper part of his body sticking up into the access/maintainance tunnel looking around for the talking rats...  I'll sort out what order everyone arrives in and Toulann's results this evening.  I think Prescott is actually closest to Phil since I don't believe he had moved over to the airlock yet, probabably followed by Toulann as the Dutch and the Doctor would be a bit delayed by their previous activities.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on April 28, 2006, 01:22:34 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 27 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback
32700[/snapback]]
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Apr 27 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback
32698[/snapback]]
ooc:
Question...
We left our ship and entered the hangar area of the other ship. Due to the fact that the main hangar doors are not shut, we are in space and therefore using our suits for atmosphere concerns.  If Phill opened the hatch to the ventilation system and saw a rat - did the rat have some form of special equipment to provide atmosphere? Is the rat somehow capable of living in "space"?  Am I completely confused regarding the whole space/air/atmosphere issue?
Once the robot moved the freight box out of the cargo bay door area, the large doors closed and the atmosphere was restored to the landing bay area. (I'm pretty sure I posted that somewhere in the thread)

Ahh, found it:
http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=28720 (http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=860&view=findpost&p=28720)

I also mentioned it in (admittedly not really clearly) in the summary at the start of this thread.  I figured most of the characters were keeping their suits on because of healthy paranoia  :D

Thanks. Somehow I missed it.  :D
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 28, 2006, 03:45:37 AM
Prescott and Toulann climb up to the catwalk and walk over to the short ladder that Phil is standing on.  Dutch and the Doctor are close behind.  Toulann pauses for a moment and concentrates, then gets the following response.
" If he's that trigger happy over sandwiches, what the hell does he do over beers? "


[OOC] A few game stats to demonstrate the skill (and let Nicholas and others check to make sure I didn't miss anything)

Telepathy
Range: Standard
Area of Effect: Standard (Targets)
Duration: Standard
Type: Utility or Attack
RR: Will
Field: Telepathy

Toulann has Telepathy developed up to Tier 3 so can accomplish the following:

Range - 5 meter/rank = 25 meters
Area of Effect - 1 Target per 5 ranks or 10 meters Radius
Duration - 5 rounds per rank = 25 rounds
Type - Utility - "Players attempting a Psi Discipline in Utility mode make an open-ended percentile roll, adding their skill bonus in the Psi Discipline and applying all Tier modifiers, energy bonuses, and focus bonuses. The player then consults the Utility column of the Maneuver Table to determine the result"

Tier 3: If target is of the same species as activator, the activator can send a one-way message to a non-telepath target. If target is of a different species to activator, the activator can establish two-way communication with another telepath target.

So, if at least one of the rats is a telepath, once Toulann is within 10 meters of them he could broadcast his message.
First attempt while standing on the ladder just below Phil:

[ April 27, 2006, 11:44 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of Maelstrom and obtained 81. Reason : Stranded:Toulann Telepathy.

Skill of 49
Tier 3 modifier -20
110 Total

Looking up 110 on the Utility column of the Maneuver Table gives a result of "Normal", which means the Discipline functions normally
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on April 28, 2006, 04:54:52 AM
Phill
radios... "Dutch the rats are definatley talking and eyeing my sandwhiches... I am not liking this. And guy who was yelling... why not shoot the freaky fracking talking rats?'
to no-one in particular...
"what the heck are they talking for anyways... frack I hope this isn't another acid flashback"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 28, 2006, 06:50:29 AM
The doctor hurries over as the baron and Phil seem to be having sme kind of panic attack.

"Talking rats!  Clasic symptoms..."

He says to himself.  He plunges one tranquiliser into the baron's buttock (bonus from behind)  then starts climbing the ladder with the other in his teeth until he can reach the next patients leg.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on April 28, 2006, 07:15:05 AM
ooc: LOL!

bic: Dutch

Dutch says to Phill, "You got acid?" Dutch flicked the saftey off his rifle as he came closer to the others. "Why don't you throw Mickey Mouse a bit of your sanga, and see what happens."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on April 28, 2006, 01:03:01 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

As he hurries to where Dutch is ...
"Hold on Dutch, we're on our way !"
As he climbs up ...
"You shouldn't antagonize the bugger Dutch, if they're like our rats their size will be a problem to us if they get nasty."
..*huff* huff*...
"By the way , did the last of us to get out of the ship thought about safelocking it ?"
...
"I'd hate to see any buggers welcoming me in the ship."
...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on April 28, 2006, 01:12:13 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Stunned Disbelief

{Oh great, giant rats,} was all Reegus could mentally muster at first.  The mad dash toward the apparent source of the foul beastie was enough to bring him back to the present, though.

Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 28 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback
32742[/snapback]]"By the way , did the last of us to get out of the ship thought about safelocking it ?"
"As soon as we're committed to leaving this bay I'll take care of that," he volunteered.  {Wouldn't want anyone stealing the ship after we've been eaten,} he mused to himself.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on April 28, 2006, 09:19:43 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 27 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback
32719[/snapback]]
Prescott and Toulann climb up to the catwalk and walk over to the short ladder that Phil is standing on.  Dutch and the Doctor are close behind.  Toulann pauses for a moment and concentrates, then gets the following response.
" If he's that trigger happy over sandwiches, what the hell does he do over beers? "

Baron - somewhere high above the derelicts cargo hold

Snorting a quick chuckle Toulaan replies psychically to the little furry creature, "Uh, you probably wouldn't want..." The thought is interrupted by the doctor's misguided attempt to help.  Toulaan yells, "FRELL DOC!  What the frell did you do that for?"  Upon feeling the needle bury itself into his backside Toulaan jerks his leg, hopefully disacouraging the doctor from further unrequested help with a knock to his head or upper body.  

If he has enough time before the tranquilizers react he'll return to speaking with the hungry creature, "You or your kind didn't help me out earlier did you?  I noticed a very strong and malevolent psychic presence."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on April 28, 2006, 10:25:10 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Apr 28 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback
32763[/snapback]]

Baron - somewhere high above the derelicts cargo hold

Snorting a quick chuckle Toulaan replies psychically to the little furry creature, "Uh, you probably wouldn't want..." The thought is interrupted by the doctor's misguided attempt to help.  Toulaan yells, "FRELL DOC!  What the frell did you do that for?"  Upon feeling the needle bury itself into his backside Toulaan jerks his leg, hopefully disacouraging the doctor from further unrequested help with a knock to his head or upper body.  

If he has enough time before the tranquilizers react he'll return to speaking with the hungry creature, "You or your kind didn't help me out earlier did you?  I noticed a very strong and malevolent psychic presence."
You've got a few moments before they really kick in (Doc, how strong a dose did you use? Feeling happy or knocked out cold?) Resistance Roll might be in order...

"The big nasty's don't bother with us and we don't do anything to attract their attention"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on April 29, 2006, 11:48:52 AM
ooc: I think that the doctor would be using one of his own 'cocktails' designed to nullify agression but mostly improve mood.  Something he developed whilst in prison.

This particular batch is strong enough to calm down your everyday psychotic prisoner.  Ideal for Phil.  He hasn't used it on psionics before but not to worry ;) .
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on April 30, 2006, 04:47:54 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 28 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback
32765[/snapback]]
"The big nasty's don't bother with us and we don't do anything to attract their attention"

The baron continues the conversation (as he manages to close in on the hatch so that psychic conversation will no longer be necessary) "Do you know where they are located and how many there are?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on May 01, 2006, 01:15:57 AM
Phill ducks down the ladder until reinforcements come... "Dutch I haven't touched that stuff in years... I had a bad experience... spent hours sculpting an air freshener... but that is another story"... "doc what do you have that needle for...  keep that stuff away from me... I don't like needles"

ooc: Phill always reacts badly to being injected with needles, any needles, and should the doctor attempt it he will attempt to kick, or hit the needle away... depending upon which appendage he can free from the ladder in decent.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on May 01, 2006, 06:51:21 PM
The doctor replies in calm placating tones.  

"That's okay, Phil.  You just have a sit down for a minute."

He starts to put the syringe away as he reaches out to guide the poor, deluded spaceman to a convenient seat.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 01, 2006, 07:21:00 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ May 1 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback
32880[/snapback]]
The doctor replies in calm placating tones.  

"That's okay, Phil.  You just have a sit down for a minute."

He starts to put the syringe away as he reaches out to guide the poor, deluded spaceman to a convenient seat.
Your efforts to calm Phil down are disturbed somewhat when you get him about half way down the ladder and a large rat head (presumably attached to a large rat body) pokes out from the hatch and says
"Hey, where are you taking the dude with the food?"
The baron is standing at the foot of the ladder at this point as well, waiting for an answer to his last question.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on May 01, 2006, 07:35:03 PM
The doctor looks from the rat, to Phil, back to the rat, to the baron and then somewhat whistfully at the syringe.  He hesitates for a moment then packs the syringe away and takes a very long draught from his hip flask.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 01, 2006, 08:12:10 PM
"Hey, you've got dope and booze too? Have you got a new deck of cards by any chance?"
The rat's head is rapidly darting back and forth while he is talking, keeping an eye on everyone that is anywhere near the hatch.
The baron is thinking "I had a question for the telepathic, snack, dope and booze questing, card playing giant rat, what was it and why isn't this disturbing me?"  I'm sure something about this whole situation is odd"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on May 01, 2006, 09:00:16 PM
[Dutch]

Dutch looked up at the talking rat with a somewhat where the hell am I look and said, "Well stick a feather up my arse and call me Duffy Duck!"  :blink: He looked around at the others shaking is head, "I think we just entered Loney Tunes."  :huh:
Dutch flicked the saftey back on his rifle but still kept it in his hands.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on May 01, 2006, 10:51:42 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Questioning his sanity

"You know, I was really starting to freak out over this whole 'talking mouse' thing... but if he wants to play cards, that's something I can wrap my mind around.  I've got a relatively fresh deck in my kit back on the ship."

"Of course, we might want to save that for a victory drink once we're out of here."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on May 02, 2006, 08:34:52 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Feeling a little freaked out by the talking rats
"Hey guys, we should get back on focus."
"Mind you, i'm not against getting help from the little ... err big buggers, but we'll have plenty of time to be amazed ... later, when we're safe outta here."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on May 02, 2006, 02:06:43 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ May 2 2006, 02:34 AM) [snapback
32910[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Feeling a little freaked out by the talking rats
"Hey guys, we should get back on focus."
"Mind you, i'm not against getting help from the little ... err big buggers, but we'll have plenty of time to be amazed ... later, when we're safe outta here."
Baron Psychic - Cargo hold

Feeling totally cool with the *ahem* little blokes, Toulaan speaks into his communicator, "Has anyone else realized that these... hm..  creatures, just might be able to help us?  Now, let's break out some cards and play some Texas Hold 'em."

He turns back to the giant rodent, "How many of you are up there?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 02, 2006, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ May 2 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback
32929[/snapback]]
Baron Psychic - Cargo hold

Feeling totally cool with the *ahem* little blokes, Toulaan speaks into his communicator, "Has anyone else realized that these... hm..  creatures, just might be able to help us?  Now, let's break out some cards and play some Texas Hold 'em."

He turns back to the giant rodent, "How many of you are up there?"
"Oh, there's a few of us...  Wadda ya want for the cards and some brews and munchies?, Hey, you gonna do anything with those robot parts?  I could use a few spare robot parts..."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on May 03, 2006, 02:34:39 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ May 2 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback
32940[/snapback]]"Oh, there's a few of us...  Wadda ya want for the cards and some brews and munchies?, Hey, you gonna do anything with those robot parts?  I could use a few spare robot parts..."

Completely copacetic with the situation Toulaan continues the discussion, "Our ship is damaged.  It'd be best if our guys took anything we needed from them first, then we'll talk about what's left over.  As for the what we want?  Some guides and information about this ship would be appreciated.  Care to come down to the floor of the cargo hold to play some Texas Hold'em?"

An ancient Earth song by Simon and Garfunkle drifts through Toulaan's synapses, "feeling groovyyyy..." is all that really registers but he notes how appropriate the song seems.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 03, 2006, 07:25:58 PM
"Information on what ship?  There's Tunnels and there's Open Spaces.  Tunnels are nice and dark and friendly, Open Spaces get too bright and scary.  Too many other Things in the Open Spaces, even when they get dark.  But sometimes good for trading with...
Do you need a Card to get to the Open Space?  Trade you one for a good deck of playing cards and some brew, too busy to stop for long and play though"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on May 03, 2006, 08:27:44 PM
Reegus - Pilot - About to loose his cards

"Oh... I knew I wasn't going to make it out of this job with all my stuff intact," Reegus muttered.  "If it'll get us out of this medium-size OpenSpace and into a great-big-size OpenSpace with spare parts to get us back out into the biggest OpenSpace of all... then I'll go grab my deck."

As he turned to go back to the ship for his deck he added one more thought to the big mouse: "I get a shot at winning it back at some point, though!"

{Mutter, mutter... I'm talking to rodents now...}
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on May 04, 2006, 09:17:44 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Asking around
"So we've got the cards covered for trade, who'll provide the booze ?"
turning to the freaking talking rat
"And how much is that you want ?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 04, 2006, 03:11:23 PM
"Oh, just a six pack of beer, or a small bottle of whatever it is that fellow with the syringe has would be good, the Card isn't one of the really good ones, so it won't get you everywhere"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on May 04, 2006, 03:32:14 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ May 3 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback
33007[/snapback]]
"Too many other Things in the Open Spaces, even when they get dark.  But sometimes good for trading with...
Do you need a Card to get to the Open Space?  Trade you one for a good deck of playing cards and some brew, too busy to stop for long and play though"


Baron - Rafters of the Cargo Hold (speaking of mice and men)

Feeling just fine Toulaan continues the discussion, "What kind of other things are there?  Can you describe them to us?  Perhaps you can give me a mental picture of them and tell us how friendly each one is?  A card would be greatly appreciated.  As long as it will get us out of this room it'll be better than we have.  Do you have many of those cards?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on May 04, 2006, 09:23:11 PM
The doctor eyes the rodent suspiciously:

"I really don't think I should hand over important medical supplies to something that we are all probably imagining after breathing poisoned air.  Yes, poisoned air, that's probably it."

The doc whips out his med-scanner to analyse the air and the imaginary creature.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 09, 2006, 09:04:47 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ May 4 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback
33075[/snapback]]
The doctor eyes the rodent suspiciously:

"I really don't think I should hand over important medical supplies to something that we are all probably imagining after breathing poisoned air.  Yes, poisoned air, that's probably it."

The doc whips out his med-scanner to analyse the air and the imaginary creature.
Hmm, the scanner seems to match what your eyes and ears are telling you.  Mind you, you could also be imagining that you are seeing the readings on the scanner...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 11, 2006, 02:18:49 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ May 4 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback
33057[/snapback]]

Baron - Rafters of the Cargo Hold (speaking of mice and men)

Feeling just fine Toulaan continues the discussion, "What kind of other things are there?  Can you describe them to us?  Perhaps you can give me a mental picture of them and tell us how friendly each one is?  A card would be greatly appreciated.  As long as it will get us out of this room it'll be better than we have.  Do you have many of those cards?"

You get a mental picture of what you could swear is a werewolf wearing an armoured breastplate and carrying a spear.

[OOC] I'm now turning over the running of the Rat with No Name to Grinnen.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 11, 2006, 04:00:03 PM
Gustav - the Rat

"Is dat what yer wanted ta see?" he thinks.

He sniffs the air and jerks his head from side to side...trying to look at everyone and everything at once.

"Yep. A small bottle of what he's drinking" nodds in the direction of the doctor "..a six pack, sum munchies, a pack of cards fer der card."

"If yer really wanted to know a bit bout dis place...well I cud be showing yers... ders a beeg open space but I don't go dere cos der robots don't like me...in fact most everybody day don't like"

He stops sits up on his hind quarters, pulls a small harness round to the ront of his body, pulls out a stoogie, lights it with a lighter...then starts puffing away on it.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on May 12, 2006, 03:08:03 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Grinnen Baeritt @ May 11 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback
33417[/snapback]]
Gustav - the Rat

"Is dat what yer wanted ta see?" he thinks.

"Yes.  Thank you." the Baron replies, "Any others we need to be careful about? And we especially need to know about any beings that have similar mental abilities as ours.  You have been a great help.  Care to travel with us?  We can give you protection while we are in the big open spaces."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 16, 2006, 09:13:21 PM
[OOC] Things seem to have ground to a bit of a halt.
Anyway, Gustav doesn't know many details about other dangers, but as things occur to him I'm sure he will mention them.  I.E. the Gamemaster hasn't worked everything out in that much detail yet, but will feed Grinnen some helpful tidbits as they become needed. He can tell you that there is a great deal of life on this vessel, all with unique abilities, include several with various mental powers.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 18, 2006, 03:34:15 PM
Gustav the Rat

"Well...dere is loads of udder thngs around but deys not places I wud go to..oh no not me ..I's to smart fer that.."

He squints a bit...(he's concentrating) and puffs away on the cigar.

"Dere is sum kind of Pooch what lives in a garden planty place..it uses mind drainy thingumes...det try kill you dead by sucking der life outta you....I cud show you...rather not cus I'S a SMART rat..." he says tapping the side of his head with a paw.

"Dis card ere" he says holding the card up..."dis will let you use the train wot takes youse to a big living area where dere are udders who might be willings to trade..." he says with a smile.

"....if you is interested I cud be persuaded with sum bonus munchies...?" he holding out a paw.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on May 21, 2006, 12:51:03 AM
Phill relecuctantly ....

"how about a sandwich..."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on May 23, 2006, 12:28:34 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Letting the others do the haggling with the rat, Prescott drifts away from the cluster.
He then resumes the search for materials which (for him) had been interrupted by the open the door episode.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on May 23, 2006, 01:37:44 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ May 23 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback
34037[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Letting the others do the haggling with the rat, Prescott drifts away from the cluster.
He then resumes the search for materials which (for him) had been interrupted by the open the door episode.

Ryan joins Prescott. "Let me know if you find anything. Something about this place doesn't feel right to me."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on May 24, 2006, 09:22:37 PM
The doctor:

He resigns himself to the current fantasy with a sigh.

He hands the rat a sandwich and takes the opportunity to snatch a hair to do a genetic workup on the beast.

(ooc: ready to do a full parry if the little blighter tries to bite him)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 24, 2006, 11:25:20 PM
Gustav the Rat

"Oi. You only had to ask...." he says with a hurt look. He considers stubbing his cigar out on the doctors hand but thinks it a waste of a pefectly good cigar. Instead he looks at the sandwich, then stuffs it in his rucksack.

(He will however..mentally instruct his trained stealth fleas to go into INFESTATION mode...then teleports them inside the doctors spacesuit... ;) )
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 26, 2006, 02:54:48 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ May 23 2006, 07:37 AM) [snapback
34041[/snapback]]
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ May 23 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback
34037[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Letting the others do the haggling with the rat, Prescott drifts away from the cluster.
He then resumes the search for materials which (for him) had been interrupted by the open the door episode.

Ryan joins Prescott. "Let me know if you find anything. Something about this place doesn't feel right to me."
You do find enough cabling to repair the cabling that got destroyed, and you can probably scavenge enough electronics and other parts from some of equipment that is in the bay and in the freight containers to jury rig alot of the damaged parts.  You could still really use a machine shop to tool some of the more specific pieces for the engine that were ruined by the blast.  A heavy duty welder would be handy too for patching the hull.  There is a small one in the ship that will do in a pinch, but would be very slow going and require alot of recharging.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on May 26, 2006, 09:14:19 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

[OOC]Whatever short happened meanwhile short of full scale assault by hostiles, Prescott does not stir from his current task. [/OOC]

When he's finished and the list of what-to-do with what-you-have is updated and crossed with what-you-need
"Okay, Captain, here's the deal. God news is that we've found some stuff that we can use for most of the repairs"
"Bad news is that we're definetely lacking heavy equipment for hull and engine repairs."

"Any chances that the others got some data from ratty ?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 28, 2006, 08:00:25 AM
Gustav the Rat

"Me names Gustav"..shouts Gustav his ears picking up the word rat mentioned in conversation some distance away.

He scampers over.

"Big Machines? You want Big machines to mend your big machines?"

He smiles. "I know of some tribe of others who live down the other end of the big place that worship.." here he stops and rolls his eyes "summit called der engines." He shrugs "anyways they must have sum cos they is always..." stops and thinks "performing Main Tane Incense rituals on them.."

"What ever dey are..." he says doubtfully and shrugs.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on May 28, 2006, 08:41:42 AM
Dutch

"Well then," Dutch said, "Perhaps we should introduces ourselves to these others" Dutch pulled some chewing tobacco from his utillity belt and shoved it into his mouth. "And if they think of giving us any trouble, I'll show them my boom stick" Dutch patted his rifle with a wink and then spat out the tobacco juice.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on May 29, 2006, 06:26:26 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Grinnen Baeritt @ May 28 2006, 02:00 AM) [snapback
34365[/snapback]]
Main Tane Incense rituals

[OOC] Brilliant!  I love that!
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 29, 2006, 06:34:58 PM
Gustav the Rat

He cocks his head to one side and strokes the side of his snout with his paw. He then looks strangely at the person with the boomstick.

His face contorts slightly, as if it can't make up its mind between incomprehension, horror and awe.

"There are lots of others..." he says rather nervously (His face finally coming to the decision that fear was the expression that it was looking for).

"But give me a gun..." he smiles "...and I'll watch your back"

He looks upon the chewing tabacco with envious eyes....
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on May 30, 2006, 09:18:16 PM
Toulaan - Cargo bay of ancient spacecraft - talking with large mutant rodent

"Say friend.  How long has your race been living on this scrap heap?"  Seeing the possibility of allies the Baron becomes very friendly.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on May 30, 2006, 09:43:06 PM
The doctor looks up from his analysis of the rat's dna.  He looks from the baron to the rat and back again wondering which creature freaks him out the most.

"Hey Baron, I should warn you.  When that stuff wears off you're gonna feel mighty low."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 30, 2006, 09:45:30 PM
Gustav the Rat

"Scrap heap...?" says he nose twitching and looks around.

Chews on the cigar a while....

"A while....." he says suspiciously, and his eye starts twitching.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on May 31, 2006, 01:06:12 AM
Phill....

having already sacrified a precious sandwhich he tries to make his 'boom sticks' inconspicuous.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on May 31, 2006, 01:16:59 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Freaked out by talking rats

"Clearly we're dealing with a super-sized pack rat here, with all the stuff it wants.  Let's just get it some shiny beads and a warm blanket to line its nest so that we can get to work on finding some repair parts that'll get us get off this creepy tub!"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 31, 2006, 11:24:45 AM
Gustav the Rat

"Shiny Beads? You didn't say you had shiny beads....!" he says sarcastically.

"Ok then, you can throw them in too...as well as the other stuff, I'm sure I'll find a use for them too..."

He chews a bit more on the cigar...and blows out a smoke ring.

"so the deal is a laser pistol, some food, some drink, some blankets AND lets not forget the shiny beads..."

He smiles.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on May 31, 2006, 12:05:22 PM
Dutch
Quote from: QUOTE(Grinnen Baeritt @ May 30 2006, 04:34 AM) [snapback
34436[/snapback]]
Gustav the Rat "But give me a gun..." he smiles "...and I'll watch your back"


Thinking to himself.

"The day I give you a gun is the day you pry it from my cold dead fingers!" Dutch spat again, the juice splatering over the floor.

Quote from: QUOTE
He looks upon the chewing tabacco with envious eyes....

"And you can keep your google eyes off my pucking fremium tabacco!"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on June 14, 2006, 05:13:50 AM
The doc nips back to the space ship to pick up a spare laser pistol for the rat.

  He grabs a couple of spare cells, some homebrew in a sample container, a ration pack and stuffs them in a small pack for him.

"Freaky little thing."  

He mutters, pinching himself and taking a generous slug of his dwindling supply.

He stops by the weapons locker to see if there are any heavier weapons that might prove useful on the trip.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on June 14, 2006, 05:34:46 PM
There are two more Laser Rifles, two Sonic Stunrifles as well as a dozon Mark III Concussion Grenades and a dozon Mark III Smoke Grenades.

There is also Light body armor and sheilds for anyone brave enough to switch out of their space suits
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on June 20, 2006, 09:46:53 PM
(ooc: perhaps I should have haggled harder....ummm Grenades... :o )
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on June 21, 2006, 03:17:50 AM
Toulaan heads back into the ship for some body armor.  "I doubt we'll see much vacuum with the rodent guiding us.  He doesn't seem to be worried about needing a pressure suit." he thinks to himself along the way.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on June 21, 2006, 05:36:43 AM
Phill

Sits down and eats his last sandwhich...

He'll just have to kill the next thing he runs into since he doesn't have any more sandwhiches to spare.  Still, it is not a bad trade off... maybee the next thing will taste good in a sandwhich.

He looks at the rat and ponders... a slight smile creeps into the corners of his mouth.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on June 21, 2006, 07:03:53 AM
Gustav the Rat

He tries to make himself look a little less digestable. This isn't hard.

After he has recieved his trade goods...

"So...shall you be wanting to go now?" he asks the assorted beings.

(OOC: I am assuming everybodys at least looks human...)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on June 21, 2006, 07:51:48 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

[OOC]To my knowledge everyone is human in body if not in mind. :P[/OOC]

"We'll take hold of the acces card if you don't mind."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on June 21, 2006, 09:26:53 AM
Dutch

Dutch decides that he'll go back to the ship and suit up for heavy combat, plus he'll add a few extras to his arsenal (such as, nuclear detonator)  :ph34r:
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on June 21, 2006, 12:25:23 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Dreads leaving his ship

"I've never been a fan of that heavy armor stuff... so I'll just try to not get shot once we get movin' here, I guess."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on June 21, 2006, 12:29:24 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Jun 21 2006, 08:51 AM) [snapback
35442[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

[OOC]To my knowledge everyone is human in body if not in mind. :P[/OOC]

"We'll take hold of the acces card if you don't mind."

Gustav the Rat

He looks a bit concerned... shruggs and hands over the card to the Doctor.

"Fair enough...though I better warn you that some of the doors occasionally seem to react badly to the cards...though this should be ok with most of them...probably won't disintegrate you...nah...that hasn't happened for days.." he smiles and shruggs "...though I've never had a problem with them...." he smiles.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on June 21, 2006, 01:20:08 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Returning the same kind of smile as Gustav's
"Oh , of that i'm sure."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on June 21, 2006, 03:38:29 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Jun 21 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback
35460[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Returning the same kind of smile as Gustav's
"Oh , ogf that i'm sure."

Gustav the Rat

He looks a little confused... "ogf ?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on June 21, 2006, 06:42:32 PM
The doc switches his suit for some armour.  He also takes one of the laser rifles and a spare cell for it.

He picks up two of each of the grenades.  He examines them for a label on how to use them.

"I'm sure I'll work it out if I need to."

He wanders back out, testing the strength of of the armour on the unarmoured Baron as their paths cross.

"Pardon me!"

He hiccups.

He leaves the ship and goes over to the rat and tosses the satchel to it.

"Careful with that rotgut.  I think my recipe needs adjusst,  adjjjuss,  tweaking."

He declines the card and lets Prescott take it.

"If you get your fingers blown off make sure you pick them up and bring them to me."

He chuckles, starting to finally show a less manic side of his pershonality.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on June 23, 2006, 09:05:51 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Once he 's got the card
"Tch ! Getting drunk so early Doc ? I'd not like see you handle this (speaking of armament) in this state of yours."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on June 23, 2006, 09:28:07 AM
Gustav the Rat

He checks the satchel for all the bits... then takes out the laser pistol.. and checks that it is both charged and working....
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on June 24, 2006, 09:20:39 PM
Toulaan

The baron rummages about in the armoury for a laser rifle and holsters the pistol.  "Everyone ready?" he asks as he departs the Jenny Allen.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on June 24, 2006, 11:25:56 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Locked and Loaded

"Good to go here... as much as I can be, at least.  Everyone just keep in mind that I 'm much better at the flyin' than the shootin'... and I've got the keys to the ship," he finished with a flourish and a wink.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on June 25, 2006, 04:18:09 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Jun 24 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback
35613[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Locked and Loaded

"Good to go here... as much as I can be, at least.  Everyone just keep in mind that I 'm much better at the flyin' than the shootin'... and I've got the keys to the ship," he finished with a flourish and a wink.

"Aye.  I'm not so good with the shooting.  There are other ways to defeat enemies." the baron finished with an evil smirk.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on June 25, 2006, 12:19:05 PM
Gustav the Rat

"I'm ready, and reporting for duty....where do you wanna go?" he says with an enthusiastic tone and smile..
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on June 26, 2006, 07:42:42 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

To Gustav's question
"Outta here, the sooner the better. But ad for now it is up to the captain to decide." turning to face the captain as he finishes his statement.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on June 30, 2006, 11:21:49 PM
Gustav the Rat

Turns to face the same person...and smiles expectantly.

"so Boss where's it to be?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on July 04, 2006, 03:42:53 PM
Toulaan

The baron squats down to rodent level (with a mischievous look on his face) and stears the head of Gustav to the captain, "That's the captain."  He then stears Gustav's head back to Prescott, "That's boss.  Captain runs this whole gig.  Capice?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on July 04, 2006, 04:48:07 PM
Gustav the Rat

(who isn't that small...)

Looking both relieved and then confused within a few seconds "Boss, now me understand.....but what is caprice?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on July 04, 2006, 09:18:08 PM
The doc sways slightly.

"Drunk?  Not at all.  Its just the air in here is different to that of the environmental suits.  A common, hic, medical occurence."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on July 05, 2006, 09:34:44 PM
Gustav the Rat

Still awaiting a decision from the captain/boss/anyone, Gustav rummages in his satcle for the rotgutt, undoing the top he considers taking a swig....seeing the Doctor he looks back at the bottle then the Doctor then back again.

He shakes his head, re-stoppers the bottle he puts it very carefully back in his bag...
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on July 07, 2006, 03:55:48 AM
Phill... looks around...

Wonders why no one is going anywhere...

Looks at the rat again...  thinks...  wheels turning...

"Which way is the exit rat guy?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on July 07, 2006, 09:10:06 AM
Gustav the Rat

(OOC: I don't know...map?)

"That way..." he says pointing confiedently.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on July 07, 2006, 01:20:58 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Itchin' to get movin'

"Then I'm guessing that's the way we're gonna be heading, Boss?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on July 07, 2006, 04:11:24 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Grinnen Baeritt @ Jul 7 2006, 03:10 AM) [snapback
36003[/snapback]]
Gustav the Rat

(OOC: I don't know...map?)

"That way..." he says pointing confiedently.

He points at the airlock that the Medic and Zaras originally went through, currently contains one shot up robot.  From what you heard from Medic annd Zaras, you can expect a fairly wide corridor that goes for about 100 meters and then opens into what they described as a subway station.

Map should hopefully be forthcoming this weekend ( 6 more hours until vacation time!)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on July 12, 2006, 09:59:09 AM
Dutch

A synthetic voice interupts the small gathering of trekers,"So what the hell are we all waiting for?" Dutch pressed the button on the side of his military helmet raising the visor showing is face. "Are we all gunna stand around here like a bunch of wuckin' fankers or are we gunna try and find a way to get off this orbiting chunk of turd?" With that he droped his visor back in place and stood with his arms across his braod chest. His arsenal had increased somewhat and there was various items attached to his battle gear, some obviously dangerous in the wrong hands.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on July 12, 2006, 10:18:44 AM
"Hey Dutch.  I've got just the thing for that cough of yours. "


ooc: I believe we're all ready!
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on July 12, 2006, 10:56:05 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Has gun, will travel

Reegus takes up position... behind Dutch ;)
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on July 14, 2006, 11:13:40 AM
Dutch


"Hey Dutch.  I've got just the thing for that cough of yours. "ask the Doc.
Dutch patted a small cylinder attached to his utility belt. "No worries Doc, Have my cough medicin right here." The Doctor suspected that it was a stimpac that some of the mercs carried.

Dutch patted Reegus on the shoulder,"Don't worry lad, stick by me and you'll be all right." Dutch reassured. He then said "Wonder what thier waiting for? a motivation speach?"
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on July 14, 2006, 12:26:24 PM
Gustav the Rat

Takes up a position just behind Reegus.... and peeks curoiusly around him
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on July 14, 2006, 04:37:38 PM
Phill follows the rat...

Looking occassionally, then thinking what nice haunches rats have.  Wondering what rat para ham would be like...  dreams of sandwiches.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on July 14, 2006, 11:02:13 PM
Gustav the Rat

Turns round and gives Phill a piercing stare....
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on July 15, 2006, 02:52:53 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Suddenly Self-Conscious

Reegus begins to feel like he's being watched.  Or perhaps he's just a little disappointed that he doesn't have nice rat haunches.

Waiting for the action that was bound to happen soon made Reegus nervous.  Odd things run through his head whenever he gets nervous.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on July 18, 2006, 03:38:01 AM
Toulaan - Psi Op - casually impatient

Toulaan leans against the side of the Jenny Allen as everyone else lines up for recess.  Noting the danger of entering into unknown areas he waits for the heavies to clear the unexplored area first.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on July 19, 2006, 04:23:09 AM
Prescott (whom I believe ended up with the card) eventually puts it into the slot by the door inside the airlock, and the door opens up.

[OOC] Let me know if you are closing the airlock doors behind you or leaving one or both of them opened.

Everyone trundles down the hallway, which is about 2.5 meters wide, and 3 meters tall. (about 8 feet wide, 10 feet tall).  It is quite well lit, with white glowing panels in the ceiling, although occasionally there is one that is burnt out or dim.  The floor is quite dusty, you can clearly see the footprints of where Zaras, the Medic and the robot were walking earlier.
After you have travelled about 300 meters, you can see that the corridor opens up into a wider area.
You are currently about 50 meters away from that area and can't see much into it yet.
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on July 19, 2006, 08:44:37 AM
The doctor hangs back with the baron.  Ready to provide suport to the others either medically, violently or sarcastically.

"Me and the mentalist here have got your backs, guys.  No need to worry."
Title: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on July 20, 2006, 10:17:20 PM
Story continues in this new Thread:
http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1509 (http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1509)