Real Roleplaying Forums

The Archive => The Trophy Case => Stranded in Space (HARP: SciFi) => Topic started by: ob1knorrb on July 20, 2006, 10:15:53 PM

Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on July 20, 2006, 10:15:53 PM
Everyone trundles down the hallway, which is about 2.5 meters wide, and 3 meters tall. (about 8 feet wide, 10 feet tall). It is quite well lit, with white glowing panels in the ceiling, although occasionally there is one that is burnt out or dim. The floor is quite dusty, you can clearly see the footprints of where Zaras, the Medic and the robot were walking earlier.
After you have travelled about 300 meters, you can see that the corridor opens up into a wider area.
You are currently about 50 meters away from that area and can't see much into it yet.


The corridor is wide enough that you can travel side by side, the order that you currently seem to be in is:
Dutch is in the lead, followed by Reegus and Gustav, then Phill and Prescott and finally Toulann and Dr. Gribble taking up the rear and providing support to the others either medically, violently or sarcastically.

Still need to know if you closed the airlock doors behind you or not. I will assume that you closed both doors of the airlock unless posted otherwise.  That would normally be the standard safety procedure.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on July 21, 2006, 03:00:20 AM
Dutch

"Well Phill, I think it's time to earn our whoring money," Dutch said. "You and me up front Phil...that's unless anyone else wants to get shot at first?" Dutch turned to Toulaan and said, 'Keep your mind out for the other two. We don't want to blast them...particulary the medic."
Regus, I think you should stay with the Doc, after all you are the pilot." Said Dutch as he gave a small wink at the Doc.
Dutch turned towards the open area and pulled out his rifle and released the safety switch. Anyone taking notice would see the motto scratched in the back of his helmet saying "Live Fast, Die Young".
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on July 21, 2006, 07:12:54 AM
The doctor presses the "close door" button as he moves through the door, just behind the baron.

He grins as the group jumps and turns at the sudden sound.

"A bit jumpy boys?"

He slaps his medpac.

"Got something for that..."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on July 21, 2006, 06:47:25 PM
Reegus - Pilot

Quote from: QUOTE(Ironmaul @ Jul 21 2006, 03:00 AM) [snapback
36499[/snapback]]
Regus, I think you should stay with the Doc, after all you are the pilot." Said Dutch as he gave a small wink at the Doc.
"Sounds like a fair plan to me," Reegus replies while fumbling with his small pistol.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on July 24, 2006, 04:51:07 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Ironmaul @ Jul 20 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback
36499[/snapback]]
Dutch

Dutch turned to Toulaan and said, 'Keep your mind out for the other two. We don't want to blast them...particulary the medic."

"Aye, Aye.  Although all this metal is difficult to scrye through, I'll alert you to their presence once I find them."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on July 24, 2006, 06:34:54 AM
"Ahem!"

The doctor coughs through his swig of restorative.

"You have a perfectly good medic here."

He looks worriedly at Dutch.

"We have only been in space for a short time and already you are developing feelings for the nurse..."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on July 24, 2006, 07:11:08 AM
Gustav the Rat

He looks behind him, for the way he would need to run to if everyting went pear-shaped only to see the airlock doors shutting..

He gives a slight grimace..and draws his pistol ready. He peeks forward past the bulk of Dutch...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on July 24, 2006, 10:56:44 AM
Dutch

"Ahem!"The doctor coughs through his swig of restorative.
"You have a perfectly good medic here." He looks worriedly at Dutch.
"We have only been in space for a short time and already you are developing feelings for the nurse..."
  Dutch stopped, turned and replied,"Feelings...?" His face turned pale when he saw the questioning look on the others faces. "Don't fret Doc" his voice deeper and gruffer, "You're still the best gut spliter I know." Dutch could still see the look of doubt about him and said," The Doctor...,"he frowned at the Doc looking back smugly,"...is revealing his twisted sense of hucking fumour." He then looked the others in the eye and said,"And if anyone here insinuates that I'm a shucking firt lifter I'll ram his teeth so far down his throat he'll be shoving his toothbrush up his arse to clean his teeth! With that Dutch turned around and started down the corridor.


[ooc] very funny  Gribble <_<   ;)  :D  :P
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on July 24, 2006, 11:19:37 AM
The doctor's deadpan voice suddenly sounds worried.

"Hey Dutch, whas that critter crawling on your boot?"

leveling his Las rifle at the many legged organism ...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on July 24, 2006, 01:24:15 PM
Gustav the Rat

"What Many legged critter near Dutchs foot...? " thinks Gustav, takes a quck look around, checks own feet..

"Oh CRAP!" realising what he meant...and dives out of the way... "It's ME, It's ME DON'T F&%@ing SHOOT!!"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on July 25, 2006, 05:29:00 AM
Phill...

"Lead on dutch... I like to shoot at things... and that toothbrush thing reminds me of this hazing they once did to... this guy... at basic... who wouldnt shut up.  Man it was soooo funnny.  The  guys were laughing about it for years, I mean WE were...."

He notices people looking and trails off into silence...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on July 26, 2006, 10:35:57 AM
As Dutch looks over his shoulder and turns his foot (ooc: he would check) He is shaken by the doctors low whistle at the universally recognised homosexual pose that he has been tricked into assuming.

Before he can swear again the doctor soothes him.

"Shush Dutch, honey.  Don't sweat it.  Remember if it happens in deep space or prison it doesn't count."

The doctor assumes a defensive posture using the baron as partial soft cover.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on July 26, 2006, 11:16:34 AM
Dutch

Dutch clenched his fists as much as his jaw and says through clenched teeth."Laught it up Doc, just make sure you hide your toothbrush when we get back to the SHIP!" He strode off ready to shoot the first thing in sight.

[ooc] funny bugga aren't we :D :P
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on July 26, 2006, 03:04:03 PM
Well, the first thing in sight seems to be a robot sitting behind a ticket counter (I'll try and post a map tonight)
You enter an open area which resembles a subway station, to the right is a set of tracks, no train at the moment.  Slightly in front of the tracks is a ticket counter with the robot sitting behind it.  There is an open area with a few chairs directly in front of you, then on the wall to the left are what appear to be a couple of elevators and a couple of doors
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on July 26, 2006, 09:20:36 PM
Dutch

Dutch in his anger walks over to the ticket dispensing robot and says icely, "So whens the next transport?" his finger taping the trigger guard of his rifle.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on July 27, 2006, 06:27:55 AM
Phill

"Out of the way dutch I got this one... I don't like robots... grumble"

levels his largest weapon at the robot...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on July 27, 2006, 08:05:50 AM

Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Jul 27 2006, 07:27 AM) [snapback
36726[/snapback]]
Phill

"Out of the way dutch I got this one... I don't like robots... grumble"

levels his largest weapon at the robot...

Gustav the Rat

"Perhaps If we just get tickets...?" he says hopefully avoiding a firefight. "I suspect just shooting it will just attract security..." he continues looking around nervously..
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on July 27, 2006, 02:06:58 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Ironmaul @ Jul 26 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback
36707[/snapback]]
Dutch

Dutch in his anger walks over to the ticket dispensing robot and says icely, "So whens the next transport?" his finger taping the trigger guard of his rifle.
"Where is it you would like to .... " the robot starts to say, then  "Oh my!" as Phill levels his gun at him.
As you have gotten closer to the robot, you can see that it isn't actually standing behind the counter, it's built into the counter, a torso with arms and a head but no legs, it's connected directly to the counter top.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on July 27, 2006, 05:54:19 PM
The doctor speaks to the robot.

"Can I get a first class, one way ticket to hell.  Please."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on July 27, 2006, 06:14:07 PM
Phill

"Answer te man you talking hunk of metal" click off the safety and puts the targeting laser on the robots forehead.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on July 27, 2006, 07:14:52 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Jul 27 2006, 12:14 PM) [snapback
36747[/snapback]]
Phill

"Answer te man you talking hunk of metal" click off the safety and puts the targeting laser on the robots forehead.

"We don't have a location called 'hell', is there some other destination you would like?  Perhaps Guest Quarters?, can I please see your clearance card?  Thank you."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on July 27, 2006, 08:58:46 PM
"Show him the card Phil, just be ready to show him the way to hell if necessarry!"

Drawls the doc.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on July 27, 2006, 09:55:29 PM
Dutch

Dutch says to the robot "Where we can obtain a Jump Drive for our ship, Can you tell us where we need to go?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on July 30, 2006, 09:43:48 AM
Gustav the Rat

"That technological stuff? Didn't I mention that? Well, I think there's a odd group who worship that sort of stuff...they live at the end of the line.." he reminds Dutch rather hesitantly, after all Dutch has a gun..
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on July 30, 2006, 10:06:21 AM
Dutch

Dutch looked at the rat still trying not to think of that ancient movie with a big rat and some kind of mutunt ninja turtles. "Right...." Dutch turned back to the bot and said."Next question. Did you see two others that passed by here a little while ago?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on July 30, 2006, 07:46:46 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Ironmaul @ Jul 30 2006, 04:06 AM) [snapback
36812[/snapback]]
Dutch

Dutch looked at the rat still trying not to think of that ancient movie with a big rat and some kind of mutunt ninja turtles. "Right...." Dutch turned back to the bot and said."Next question. Did you see two others that passed by here a little while ago?"

"Oh yes!, they've gone to the Guest Apartments, would you like to go there as well? I can summon that car for you, the attendant at that station will be able to assist you and check in your weapons and armor for you if needed:
You aren't sure, but the robot seems to sound relieved to be able to answer a question finally.  As he says this, he starts to reach for a button on his console, it is one in a bank of several similiar looking buttons.  His hand is pausing above it while he is looking at Dutch, waiting for a reply.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on July 30, 2006, 09:02:45 PM
Dutch & The Bot

"Oh yes!, they've gone to the Guest Apartments, would you like to go there as well? I can summon that car for you, the attendant at that station will be able to assist you and check in your weapons and armor for you if needed." The robot replied.

Dutch looked at the robot suspicously and said,"Not just yet." Dutch then turn to Phil and whispered "If that bot so much as goes for that bucking futton...Blast it." Dutch then walk over to the captain. "Something is up." He said, tapping his trigger guard."I think we need to get the ship fixed first before we search for the others...what do you want to do cap?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on July 31, 2006, 05:48:39 AM
Here is a small map, link to a large map is at the bottom.  Stairwell is the light blue box, elevator doors are dark blue, you came from the corridor on the left, across from that is a closed set of blast doors, the robot is at the console near the bottom, there are a couple of pillars on either side of the console and a couple of benches in front of it with a garbage can in between the benches

(http://www.icewebring.com/Stranded/Subwaystation_small.jpg)

Full size image:
Full size Map (http://www.icewebring.com/Stranded/Subwaystation.jpg)
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on August 05, 2006, 09:53:56 AM
Gustav the Rat

Having seen the robot press the button... "ahh 'spect it'll be here soon..." he says trying to reassure the more anxious (read impatient) armed members and trying to prevent a firefight over a misunderstanding.

(Of course heading for cover would probably a natural response for him too...so he'll do that as well, just in case there is an accidiental discharge of weapons... ;) )
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on August 05, 2006, 12:47:43 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]


"Rein down your horses Phill. Not time to go rampaging"

Now we've seen a bit more of the ship's what do i judge the technological level to be compared to ours ? (this i will try to do each time we cross a new type of technology inside the vessel)

Judging the car to arrive soon through the big blast doors he moves behind the left pillar.
"Tell me , where do lead the elevators and stairs ?."
If the robot doesn't understand i'm adressing him "i'm talking to your mr clerk-bot"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on August 05, 2006, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Aug 5 2006, 06:47 AM) [snapback
36918[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]


"Rein down your horses Phill. Not time to go rampaging"

Now we've seen a bit more of the ship's what do i judge the technological level to be compared to ours ? (this i will try to do each time we cross a new type of technology inside the vessel)

Judging the car to arrive soon through the big blast doors he moves behind the left pillar.
"Tell me , where do lead the elevators and stairs ?."
If the robot doesn't understand i'm adressing him "i'm talking to your mr clerk-bot"

The technology level actually appears to be more primative than what you are used to.  Reminds you of things you've seen in museums.
It's also most likely that the robot is refering to a train car, which would be more likely to arrive on the tracks behind the robot.
The stairs lead up to the gardens, as do the elevators, although the elevators also leads to other areas, but they are closed pending maintainance"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on August 07, 2006, 03:19:48 AM
Toulaan - Telepath - in the train station

The Esper sneers dubiously, "Just how long has this maintenance been pending?"  While wiating for the answer the mindbender sighs forelornly to himself, "I knew I should have taken those electro courses."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on August 07, 2006, 09:20:48 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Aug 5 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback
36927[/snapback]]The stairs lead up to the gardens, as do the elevators, although the elevators also leads to other areas, but they are closed pending maintainance"

Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]

"Just being curious ... what are those areas closed ?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on August 07, 2006, 05:10:42 PM
Robot
"Ahh, sorry for the misunderstanding, it is the elevators that are closed for maintainance, the other areas are open, providing that you have the proper clearances of course.  The maintaince on the elevators has been pending for ....... ....... ...... ...... 18 years, 3 months, 11 days, 8 hours, and 17 minutes."

You think you can here a clicking sound coming from within the robots head during the pause before he says how long the elevators have been waiting for maintainance.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on August 08, 2006, 09:32:17 PM
"Hey tin-man.  I have something to cure that rattle."

The doctor rumages in his medical kit for some insta-cast spray.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on August 09, 2006, 01:15:46 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]

glancing at doctor
"Humans ain't enough for you Doc ?"
returning his attention to the clerkbot
"I fear we are not used to this area ... do you have any kind map at hand ?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on August 12, 2006, 10:07:05 PM
Prescott, glanced at the doctor and said, "Humans ain't enough for you Doc ?"
Dutch looked at the doc and commented, "You don't know the half of it." he looked at the doc rummaging through his bag. "Last time he tried to fix a love bot that had a nasty twitch." Dutch smirked to himself at the memory. "Man, the owner was not happy when he went to use her, she sqealed like Silthy bitch on heat!"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on August 13, 2006, 06:32:40 PM
Phill

Feels the gun getting heavier.... trigger finger itchy...  wants the robot to move...
"When you guys are done talking to the robot, can I shoot him?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on August 13, 2006, 07:36:33 PM
Gustav the Rat

"I wouldn't...bet he's got friends with bigger guns than yours..." he adds helpfully.

"That way...the way that goes to the garden...wouldn't go there..." he says shaking his head "...heard there's big mind-melty type creatures with claws n' fangs n' udder nasty stuff"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on August 13, 2006, 08:57:16 PM
Dutch

"Stand down, Phill," Dutch said. He could see Phill was anxious to blow a hole in something. "Save your ammo for something that's worth it." he said, and noticed the dissapointment on Phill's face and resured him further, "Our rat friend here says there's creatures out there with claws and fangs and the best part, they bleed."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on August 13, 2006, 09:15:10 PM
"Hold still, this will hurt me more than it hurts you..."

The doctor fills a syringe with a mixture of coagulant and plasma replacement, grabs the droids head and tries to inject the foaming mixture through an orifice.

If the attempt is successful he watches as the droid tries to deal with his attempt to cure it.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on August 13, 2006, 10:11:54 PM
The robot starts flaying his arms, trying to push the Doctor away as the Doctor trys to get him in a headlock, the Doc manages to jam the syringe into the robots ear just as the robot hits a fairly large red button on the panel in front of him.
You also hear a rattling and clanking that sounds like it's an approaching train car.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on August 14, 2006, 06:53:25 AM
"Ungrateful mechanoid.  Snarls the doctor."

He steps away from the robot and casually awaits the arrival of the train.

"Hey, ratfink.  I'll bet you a free healthcheck that the security droids get here before the train."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on August 14, 2006, 06:55:49 AM
Gustav the Rat

*Rolls eyes and slaps own forehead*
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on August 14, 2006, 11:02:34 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]

"Tch , we'd better offer them the doc that will save us trouble ... now and after."

Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on August 14, 2006, 05:43:23 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Aug 14 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback
37263[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]

"Tch , we'd better offer them the doc that will save us trouble ... now and after."


Toulaan

"I dare say I would worry less about my injuries." the Esper mutters into Prescott's ear.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on August 14, 2006, 10:01:26 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]

[quote name='Maelstrom' date='Aug 14 2006, 07:43 PM' post='37274']I dare say I would worry less about my injuries.[/quotes]

Prescott cannot help but suppress a laugh and whispers back
At lthe very east he can act as a sanitizer if he breathes upon a wound."
 being not sure about sanitizer being the correct word to use there, let's say that with all the alcohol he sould exhales there would be no chance at infection
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on August 17, 2006, 07:35:09 AM
Phill...

"But Dutch, I really like the way robots spark when you pop them... well maybe we'll find some bigger ones."

Looks disatified and mumbles almost inaudibly "just wanted... stupid ... metal.... wrong with that?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on August 17, 2006, 11:32:39 AM
Dutch

"Don't worry Phill, as soon as we find some nasties you can spray thier intestines all over the plucking face." Dutch reassured. This put an anxious glint in Phills eyes. "But make sure you leave some for me and Reegus here." Dutch said as he slapped Reegus on the back of the shoulder. "Ain't that right ."said Dutch with a hint of amusement in his voice.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on August 24, 2006, 05:58:28 PM
A single train car pulls up and stops, the door to the car opens up.
At the same time, the large blast doors on the opposite wall from the hallway you entered from start to open, then stick abit and start to grind.  You can see a set of large mechanical feet on the other side of the blast door, about three feet in diameter.

(http://icewebring.com/Stranded/feet.jpg)
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on August 24, 2006, 06:47:06 PM
The doctor is first onto the train.

"Let's go!"

He yells.

"Ratty, assume the position...."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on August 24, 2006, 08:40:36 PM
Dutch

"Everybody, MOVE!" Dutch yelled, his rifle aimed towards the blast doors. Dutch backed towards the train keeping a close eye on the blast doors.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on August 24, 2006, 09:50:34 PM
Gustav the Rat

A brief blur of movement and, he taps the doctor on the back.

"What position would that be exactly...?" he says looking for (better) cover inside the train... "I told you that might happen...or did I?...Ohh well, the devja-vu's been playing up a bit recently..." he says tapping the side of his head with a worried expression.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on August 25, 2006, 01:48:49 AM
Der Esper

Follows the newly acquired furry ally into the train and finds a spot away from the opening (preferablly out of LOS from the blast door.)
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on August 25, 2006, 02:41:58 AM
There's a horrible metal on metal screeching sound as the blast door slowly jerks up a little further...

(http://www.icewebring.com/Stranded/feet2.jpg)
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on August 25, 2006, 08:26:23 AM
The doctor tries to keep the image of twenty lab rats pinned out ready to be examined by schoolchildren.

"So its a mental problem, is it?"

He casts a professional eye over the large rodent.

"I have a reasonable success rate with that kind of thing."

The doctor starts rummaging through his bag, oblivious of the S.E.P. outside.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on August 25, 2006, 09:17:18 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]

first reaction when the feet are visible
Holy sh**!"
quick thinking , turns to the clerkbot
"Would you mind sending us asap on our way when we're ... (hesitation) all aboard."
"There will be no need of your guard friend once we've taken this guy (showing the culprit) out of here."
<waiting for answer>
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on August 25, 2006, 02:21:20 PM
Clerkbot
Of cccooourrssse, once everyone is on bbbbbooooaarrddd I willll senddd the ttrraaaiin onn it'ss wayyyy...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on August 26, 2006, 05:27:08 AM
Phill...

one eye flicking back towards the nasty little robot he does not trust ocasionally levels his gun at the new threat and backs twoards the train... letting the others get on first.

Humming... "pop pop fizz fizz.. oh what....hmm mm mm mmm mmm"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on August 26, 2006, 07:33:53 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]

*sighs*
Everyone on board gentlemen ! Unless you wanna have a look at big foot!"
then jumps in the train, looking nervously at the god-be-praised slowly raising blast door.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on August 26, 2006, 10:44:03 AM
Dutch

"Ok Phil, everyones on board, so lets get the huck outta fere." Dutch said as he pushed the door closed behind Phil. "That bucking fobot is gunna pay big time when we get back!"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on August 28, 2006, 05:56:28 PM
As soon as the door to the train car closes, the train starts moving.  Just as it heads into the tunnel, there is a loud screen and a bang, the blast door has finished opening and you get just a glimpse of the robot behind it as you head off into the tunnel.

(http://www.icewebring.com/Stranded/ED209.jpg)
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 04, 2006, 10:27:59 PM
Gustav the Rat

He looks somewhat anxiously from side to side... "Are we nearly there yet?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 05, 2006, 08:01:20 AM
The doctor finally finishes rumaging in his pack and draws out a syringe with a large needle on it.  

"I knew I had some vetinary supplies in here somewhere."

He flicks open a cutthroat razor in is other hand and give a reasurring (his best professional one) smile.

"Come to poppa little guy..."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on September 05, 2006, 01:47:43 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, railroad to hell[/font]

Prescott is seriously starting to doubt his boss' sanity for taking this looney doc aboard.
He wishes he had a stunner/paralyzer to get him off everyone's nerves.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 07, 2006, 04:57:09 PM
The train travels for about three minutes before it goes past another station. The quick glimpse you get of the station looks rather odd, it seems to be overrun with vines or roots, the air also seems to be getting more humid. Some of the roots look like they go right over the edge of the platform and towards the tracks. You have noticed a few splashes in the last 15 or 20 seconds as the train has gone through some puddles and the wheels of the train have been screeching more than they did at the beginning of the trip.  The tunnel ahead looks less well lit and appears to be sloping downward and to the right, which you think would be moving you closer to the middle of the ship.  There is a disturbing "Thump" that comes from the floor, as if something was just run over just as you go past the station.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on September 07, 2006, 07:39:05 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, on the ride[/font]

"Speak about a rundown place."
"Whoever was in charge no longer seems to be here."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on September 08, 2006, 12:51:18 AM
Dutch

As everybody heard the crunch and snaping of bone under the carraige, Dutch yelled over the rattle and screeching, "First bit of road kill this train seen I'll bet!" Dutch looked over at Gustav the rat and said,"Hope it wasn't anyone you knew?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 08, 2006, 01:20:30 AM
Toulaan watches stoically as the scenery goes by, apparently in a trance.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 08, 2006, 07:11:20 AM
Gustav the Rat

He flinches somewhat. Then looks over at the others. Then speaks to Dutch with a shrug "Possibly..just hope it was Uncle Scratt...never liked Uncle Scratt.."

He stubbs out the remains of his cigar, and gets another out, lights it and starts puffing away nervously.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 08, 2006, 09:54:29 AM
The doctor finally realises that his behaviour is being ignored.  He puts away the syringe and sits iquietly in his seat studying his razor.  

He looks at the baron from time to time.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on September 08, 2006, 11:22:12 AM
Dutch

Gustav said to Dutch with a shrug "Possibly..just hope it was Uncle Scratt...never liked Uncle Scratt.."
Dutch looked over at Gustav lighting up, 'Yeah, I know what you mean" Dutch said, starting to get used to the furry rodent,"I had an Uncle I didn't like too," Dutch thought he might light up a cigar as well. "The bucking farstard met an unfortunate end...got himself sucked out of the air lock."** Dutch said as he leaned back and puffed away with a smirk on his face.


** If anyone is reading Dutch's mind at the moment, his thoughts are on the violent dimise of Dutches Uncle.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 11, 2006, 03:19:41 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Sep 8 2006, 03:54 AM) [snapback
38199[/snapback]]
The doctor finally realises that his behaviour is being ignored.  He puts away the syringe and sits iquietly in his seat studying his razor.  

He looks at the baron from time to time.

The Baron continues looking out the window as a maniacal chuckle echoes through the doctor's mind.  Apparently, nobody else heard or noticed the Esper do or say anything.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 11, 2006, 05:34:58 PM
Phill,

Looks out the window wistfully looking for some vent for his distructive feelings.  Feels his stomach grumble.  Thinks he should have packed more sandwhiches.

Glances over at the big rat again...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 11, 2006, 08:12:21 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Sep 11 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback
38349[/snapback]]
Phill,

Looks out the window wistfully looking for some vent for his distructive feelings.  Feels his stomach grumble.  Thinks he should have packed more sandwhiches.

Glances over at the big rat again...

As you glance out the window, you notice that there are still alot of roots/vines along the side wall, they are noticable because of the way the orange flickering light coming from ahead of the train further up the tunnel reflects of the wet glistening surface of the roots/vines...

[OOC] This is a single car train with a small automated cab section at the front.  There is a fairly large window in the door that opens into the cab section which would allow you to look ahead if you were standing in front of the door.  There also seems to be some sort of vending machine near the back of the car which might dispense snacks of some sort...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 13, 2006, 01:59:35 AM
Phill

Spots vending machine and decides that important is important...  checks his pouches for credits and then decides that he'll just bash his way into the food.... ummm food.

He ignores everything else.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 13, 2006, 09:51:05 AM
The doctor calmly listens the newest voice to start speaking in his head.

"Find anything funny in there?"

He mutters, looking ahead to see if the train is really heading into an inferno.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 13, 2006, 09:06:55 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Sep 13 2006, 03:51 AM) [snapback
38468[/snapback]]
The doctor calmly listens the newest voice to start speaking in his head.

"Find anything funny in there?"

He mutters, looking ahead to see if the train is really heading into an inferno.

Why yes, the train does indeed appear to be heading into an inferno... or, at least a fairly large fire.  No immediate answer to the other question.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 13, 2006, 09:37:54 PM
"Errr .... guys .... "
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on September 14, 2006, 09:52:02 AM
Dutch

Seeing the expression on the Docs face, Dutch looked towards the front window of the train and cursed. "You've got to shucking well fiting me!" Seeing the blazing inferno ahead Dutch reached up and grabed hold of The Emergency Braking Lever and gave it a yank. It did not budge. Dutch looked again at the oncoming inferno getting closer and began vigorously pulling at the lever.......?
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 14, 2006, 02:26:33 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Ironmaul @ Sep 14 2006, 03:52 AM) [snapback
38534[/snapback]]
Dutch

Seeing the expression on the Docs face, Dutch looked towards the front window of the train and cursed. "You've got to shucking well fiting me!" Seeing the blazing inferno ahead Dutch reached up and grabed hold of The Emergency Braking Lever and gave it a yank. It did not budge. Dutch looked again at the oncoming inferno getting closer and began vigorously pulling at the lever.......?

The lever suddenly moves and flips down, there is a horrible screeching noise and everyone gets thrown forward as the train suddenly starts decelerating.  You can see the sparks flying off the wheels of the train.  Phil had just noticed the card slot in the vending machine when he finds himself skidding along the floor towards the front of the train

[OOC] I was thinking a big red button in the cab of the train, but hey, a big lever works too  B)

Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 15, 2006, 08:03:50 PM
Phill

"Frack..."  gets up and heads back to the vending machine fires his rifle at the coin box.

"Make me fall down will ya"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 15, 2006, 09:22:49 PM
The doctor watches his razor fly out of his fingers as he grabs for support.  He watches the baron carefully in case he might need any "medical assistance".
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 17, 2006, 05:54:24 PM
Deep in his musings the baron is caught by surprise and falls into the doctor, taking them both to the floor with a heavy thud.  Toulaan gets up and looks down at the doctor,  "Thank you.  You broke my fall perfectly."

:D
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 17, 2006, 06:05:51 PM
The doctor uses his capoera skill to flip the baron under him.  Then uses any appropriate hand-holds to regain his feet.

"No problem.  We really should talk about your diet.  I think you are getting a little heavy."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on September 20, 2006, 02:04:18 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]

Having miraculously avoided his companions and serious hurting in the sudden and forceful braking Prescott gathers himself back up and observe the situation

Eberybody's ok ?" Praying for it to be since he wouldn't like the doctor to have a helpless victim at hand.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 20, 2006, 07:56:15 PM
Gustav the Rat

Checks to see if he is on fire...if he isn't goes over to check that the vending machine isn't.

Assuming the vending machine is accessable due to rifle damage...he borrows as many items as he can and starts stuffing them into his bag.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 20, 2006, 09:46:39 PM
[OOC] Nobody is on fire, or injured.  Haven't worked out the damage to the vending machine yet.  Waiting for a couple players to get caught up before I do the next major posting, but I may do a minor update posting tonight.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on September 20, 2006, 10:26:53 PM
Reegus - Pilot

Reegus finds himself regaining consciousness in a roughly upside-down position at the front of the train.  His head is a little groggy (he has trouble remembering just what happened since originally arriving at the station), but he has his wits about him now.

"Ow.  Whatever we just did... let's not do it on the way back."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 21, 2006, 03:07:24 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Grinnen Baeritt @ Sep 20 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback
38737[/snapback]]
Gustav the Rat

Checks to see if he is on fire...if he isn't goes over to check that the vending machine isn't.

Assuming the vending machine is accessable due to rifle damage...he borrows as many items as he can and starts stuffing them into his bag.

The vending machine has blown apart, there are little bags all over the back part of the train.  On many of them the ink has faded to the point of being unreadable, some of them have mould on them, others just seem to be dust.  There is one type of snack that seems to look like it is still okay, a yellow spongy roll with some sort of creamy filling.  There are about a dozen of them laying around.

[size=8][Phill's skill of 91 plus a roll of 80 even if I give the vending machine a 40 DB, it blows up real good][/size]

As everyone gets dusted off and looks out the windows of the train, you are greeted with a strange site.  A little way down the tunnel, there seems to be a giant tree trunk which pushes up through the roof of the tunnel. There are several roots branching off this, one of which extends down the middle of the track towards you.  It looks like another train car hit this, got lifted off the tracks and flipped to the right and is now jammed in the tunnel between the root, the trunk of the tree and the side of the tunnel.  There are flames coming out of the train car, and root itself is on fire. Several smaller side roots are also on fire, these extend along the side walls and the roof of the tunnel and extend back to where your train car is and several meters back behind you.  There are also alot of orange emergency lights flashing in the tunnel, which adds to the effect of the fire being larger than it actually is.  Everything in the tunnel is fairly damp, so the parts of the tree that are on fire are burning quite slowly.  Most of the smoke in the tunnel seems to be moving up through the roof near the tree.  
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 21, 2006, 03:46:53 AM
Phill,

"Alright Flinkies,"  picks up one and eats it... barely pausing to spit out the wrapper "I love these things" he sais with a mouth still half full.

Begins gathering up the other Flinkies.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 21, 2006, 06:01:40 AM
The doctor notices Regus' plight and starts rummaging in his bag for something to help.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on September 21, 2006, 08:49:28 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

As he ecompasses the whole scene
"Tch ! Could have warned us of it , little bastard."
as an afterthought
"Not meaning you Gustav."

He steps out of the train
"I'm going to take a closer look. Anyone care to join ?"
Without waiting for others to join he goes forth , he will get as close as the fire will permit , looking for ways to bypass the root on sides , up and down. If it would support our weight and the likes.
He will also try to determine how old the wreckage is given the fire , dampness , etc...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 21, 2006, 02:22:48 PM
If you stick close to the side of the tunnel that the other train car ended up on, you can get almost right up to the other train car if you are careful.  Considering the conditions, the fire has got to be very recent, within the last hour or so.

The Flinkies are a little dry, but otherwise fine.  Gustav manages to scoop up five of them and stash them away for later as well.  "Flinkies, the snack with a half life, not a shelf life!"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on September 22, 2006, 09:48:31 PM
Dutch

Dutch gets up off the floor, his hand still clutching the lever which had broken off from the force. Dutch hears Prescott say, "I'm going to take a closer look. Anyone care to join ?"
"Yep, count me in." Dutch replied throwing the lever to the floor, and stepped out of the train to join Prescott.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 22, 2006, 10:19:04 PM
[ooc] Anyone else besides Phil actually eating the Flinkies, or any of the other less well preserved snacks?
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 22, 2006, 10:59:52 PM
Gustav the Rat

Having heard that the "Flinky" bar has a nutritional content somewhat less than its wrapper decides against trying one, after all it might be good for barter at a later date....

He gets up and takes a look outside...but he draws his gun as he does so...he doesn't trust trees...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 24, 2006, 09:58:17 PM
Toulaan climbs out after picking up a couple of Flinkies and wanders towards the gathering group by the tree.  Not worrying about the train, he begins examining the tree.  

After finishing a visual inspection he throws out his senses to see if he can find any sentient being within range that he isn't already aware of.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 26, 2006, 02:58:16 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Sep 24 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback
38830[/snapback]]
Toulaan climbs out after picking up a couple of Flinkies and wanders towards the gathering group by the tree.  Not worrying about the train, he begins examining the tree.  

After finishing a visual inspection he throws out his senses to see if he can find any sentient being within range that he isn't already aware of.

Toulann doesn't sense anything, but is still somewhat shaken up from the sudden stop and is having a little trouble concentrating

As the folks moving towards the other train car get closer, you can see that most of the flames are coming from what was the bottom of the train, there is some smoke coming out from the side windows, but no large flames.  You can get to within 5 meters of the back of the train before things start getting uncomfortably hot.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on September 26, 2006, 03:55:39 AM
Reegus - Pilot - All Shook Up
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Sep 21 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback
38760[/snapback]]
He steps out of the train
"I'm going to take a closer look. Anyone care to join ?"
"Yeah, I'm right behind you. Well, maybe a little ways behind you, I'm still a little shaken up and probably better stay back a little bit till my blaster hand settles back down," Reegus finishes with a quick wink.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 26, 2006, 04:37:02 AM
The doctor:

"I've got something for that shaky hand of yours, Reegus..."

Calls the doc, from inside the carriage.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on September 26, 2006, 11:59:39 AM
Dutch

Quote from: QUOTE
As the folks moving towards the other train car get closer, you can see that most of the flames are coming from what was the bottom of the train, there is some smoke coming out from the side windows, but no large flames. You can get to within 5 meters of the back of the train before things start getting uncomfortably hot.

Dutch punched a code to the keypad on his bio-suits forearm and waited for the thermal regulator to kick in. "Should get me closer enough to see if there are any bodies in the train" he said to Prescott. Dutch lowered his visor and the HUD in his helmet showed that his thermal regulator was systems go, and he slowly approached the burning wreck.....?
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 26, 2006, 01:35:53 PM
The doc hurries out after his friend.  Just in case he needs a healing touch ...
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on September 26, 2006, 02:06:16 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

"Don't be a hero, there's probably no one anymore ... if there ever was."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 26, 2006, 05:41:46 PM
Phill...
 
Finishes a second flinky and smiles before heading on after whereever any one is going.  Still humming the jingle.

"Flinkies are so friggling neat, 43% reconstituted simu-meat..."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 26, 2006, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Sep 26 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback
38894[/snapback]]
Phill...
 
Finishes a second flinky and smiles before heading on after whereever any one is going.  Still humming the jingle.

"Flinkies are so friggling neat, 43% reconstituted simu-meat..."

As Phill grabs another Flinkie, he notices that there are a couple of fire extinquishers hanging on the back wall of the train car near where the Vending Machine used to be.  He is also get a nice warm feeling in his stomach, which seems to be starting to spread outwards to other parts of his body.

Quote from: QUOTE(Ironmaul @ Sep 26 2006, 05:59 AM) [snapback
38881[/snapback]]
Dutch

Quote from: QUOTE
As the folks moving towards the other train car get closer, you can see that most of the flames are coming from what was the bottom of the train, there is some smoke coming out from the side windows, but no large flames. You can get to within 5 meters of the back of the train before things start getting uncomfortably hot.

Dutch punched a code to the keypad on his bio-suits forearm and waited for the thermal regulator to kick in. "Should get me closer enough to see if there are any bodies in the train" he said to Prescott. Dutch lowered his visor and the HUD in his helmet showed that his thermal regulator was systems go, and he slowly approached the burning wreck.....?


Well, the armor may not be quite that fancy, but if you make a quick approach to the back of the train and can get the back emergency door opened without any trouble, the armor will probably protect you for that long.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 26, 2006, 11:10:00 PM
Phill...

Thinks hard... then decides it might be a good idea to take the extinguishers with him... he takes no notice of the warm feeling.

Flinkies never hurt him before.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on September 27, 2006, 12:38:58 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Afraid of Fire

Reegus notices Phil collecting fire extinguishers and moves to help him (hoping there are enough to warrant two loads).

"Yeah, fire's bad, right?  I can't imagine that there's anyone still in there... but if they are, I don't think we want to meet them."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 27, 2006, 12:46:55 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Sep 26 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback
38914[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Afraid of Fire

Reegus notices Phil collecting fire extinguishers and moves to help him (hoping there are enough to warrant two loads).

"Yeah, fire's bad, right?  I can't imagine that there's anyone still in there... but if they are, I don't think we want to meet them."

There are a total of four extinquishers, one looks like it is completely dead, two look like they have 1/2 to 2/3rds of a charge, the last one looks fully loaded.  They are quite large, almost a meter (yard) tall and about  30 cm (1 foot) in diameter.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on September 27, 2006, 02:13:55 AM
Reegus - Pilot - And Fireman

Reegus picks up the extinguisher closest to about 2/3 full (saving the big gun for Phil) and heads toward the source of the fire.  He's going to try to push the fire back around whatever path Dutch tries taking in order to aid his search progress as much as possible.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on September 27, 2006, 07:32:04 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

When he sees Reegus bringing forth an extinguisher he goes to pick another and help in whatever manner he can.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 27, 2006, 08:05:09 AM
The doctors eyes gleam in the flickering light as he hangs back awaiting the possible outcomes of fire, old pressurised containers and flinky poisoning.

He pats his medical bag, humming gently to himself as he takes another swig of his homebrew.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 27, 2006, 08:25:55 AM
Gustav the Rat

His ears prick up momentarily at the sound of salvage (i.e. Fire extinguishers) but then realises that they are larger than he is, and immediately looses interest...instead he examines the "tree" a little closer..

(OOC: does it completely block the tunnel?)
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 27, 2006, 05:39:15 PM
With Reegus, Prescott and Phill manning the extinquishers, the fire in the area immediately around the back of the train car is suppressed to the point that Dutch can easily get to the car and pop open the back emergency door.  
Some smoke comes billowing out, but there isn't an active fire on the inside of the car.  There is however a familiar looking figure in a space suit laying inside the train, except you are pretty sure that last time you saw Zaras he did not have a large spear sticking out of his midriff.  At least, you are assuming it's Zara's from the markings on the suit, his helmet is still on so you aren't 100% sure.  He is still holding his blaster in one hand and raises it very slightly, then drops it back down as the door bangs open.  He also seems to be holding a clump of fur in his other hand.  There is no sign of the Medic.

The tree does not completely block the tunnel, if you crawled about half way up to the roof of the tunnel, there is enough space that you could probably squeeze through.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on September 27, 2006, 05:56:30 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

As soon as he recognizes Zaras markings he hurries through the back door
"DOC ! EMERGENCY !"
"MOVE YOUR ARSE HERE NOW !"

Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 27, 2006, 06:59:57 PM
The doctos's professional "all-is-right-in-a-world-that-contains-me" manner takes over.

He strides up to the patient, pushing the baron out of the way.

"Your mumbo-jumbo nonsense is about as useful as our missing nurse.  Use it to find who did this"

He growls.

He flicks open his medscanner with one hand as he feels for Zaras' pulse.

Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 04, 2006, 04:13:02 PM
The Doctor manages to get Zaras somewhat stabalized, he cuts the ends off the spear but doesn't remove it, the bleeding is temporarily under control, but the medscanner indicates that there is still internal bleeding and very likely a collapsed lung.  He can probably be moved to the other car where there is less smoke and danger of explosion.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on October 04, 2006, 07:35:08 PM
The doctor surprises the crew by professionally and competently dealing with Zaras' injury.

He finally sits back and reports to the boss.

"He's not going to die on us yet, but we need to move him to a proper med-bay."

He strips off his disposable gloves and runs his hands through his wispy hair.  

"I've fixed people up worse than this with less equipment but I'd rather not play butcher with this poor fool unless I have too."

Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on October 06, 2006, 01:25:07 AM
The Esper gives way to the doctor surprisingly easily.  As the doctor ministers to the patient Toulaan reaches out with his psychic abilities to connect mentally with Zaras.

"What happened?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 12, 2006, 04:20:59 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Oct 5 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback
39207[/snapback]]
The Esper gives way to the doctor surprisingly easily.  As the doctor ministers to the patient Toulaan reaches out with his psychic abilities to connect mentally with Zaras.

"What happened?"

You don't get a clear communication with Zara's, who seems to be deeply unconcious, distressingly near death, but you do get a flash of a memory of the moments just before he passed out.
He was standing just outside the doorway of the train car, the station in front of him is overgrown with vines and roots, there are five creatures that appear to you to strongly resemble werewolves, one of them throws the spear that impales Zaras.  The medic can be seen lying on the ground a few feet in front of Zaras.
The werewolf creatures look like they are probably the same ones that Gustav gave you a visual of earlier.
Zaras staggers back into the train car, the doors close and the train starts to move as everything fades to black.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on October 14, 2006, 07:13:29 PM
Toulaan turns to the doctor.  "Going back may not be an option.  The creatures that did this managed it before this train left it's previous station, one overgrown with vines."

The Mindbender takes another look at the train to determine if it was going in the same direction as the train he just departed.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 14, 2006, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Oct 14 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback
39510[/snapback]]
Toulaan turns to the doctor.  "Going back may not be an option.  The creatures that did this managed it before this train left it's previous station, one overgrown with vines."

The Mindbender takes another look at the train to determine if it was going in the same direction as the train he just departed.

Yes, the train car you are currently on (the crashed one, which is laying sideways and still a little bit on fire) was heading in the same direction as the train car you were in.  It is fairly obvious that it hit the root that runs from the tree, parallel to the tracks, between the rails.  The root would initially be under the train car, and you can see from the damage to the root where it got thick enough to actually lift the car off the rails and flip it sideways.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 15, 2006, 07:58:29 AM
Gustav the Rat

Peers into the gloom, ahead down the tunnel at the trees, branches and roots to see if he can see anything hidden amongst them....
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 18, 2006, 10:14:00 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Grinnen Baeritt @ Oct 15 2006, 01:58 AM) [snapback
39535[/snapback]]
Gustav the Rat

Peers into the gloom, ahead down the tunnel at the trees, branches and roots to see if he can see anything hidden amongst them....

There doesn't appear to be anything other than smoke and a few remaining spots of fire.

[OOC] Is anyone attempting to move Zaras out of the crashed and still somewhat burning train car and back to the functional train car?
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on October 18, 2006, 10:29:24 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Along for the Ride

"Hey guys, I just had an idea.  Shouldn't we think about getting Zaras out of the train car that's a wreck and get him over to the one that's... well... not totally ruined?  How do his injuries look, can he be moved?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 19, 2006, 08:25:17 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

"Whaddya say doc ? Can we move him ?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on October 19, 2006, 08:50:03 AM
The doctor agrees with the others.

"We will need something flat to move him on...."

Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on October 19, 2006, 10:01:19 AM
Dutch

"Hey!" Dutch called out a little way off. "This long pine box will do" He kicks the box with his boot. "Yep, sturdy enough...hey look there's the lid too," he paused then said"Just in case we need it." As Dutch went over to fetch the lid his foot kicked a hammer sending it skittling across the floor and clanging to a stop at the train tracks."Hmmmm" Dutch murmerd, he looked around for a box of nails.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on October 19, 2006, 10:38:31 AM
"That'll be fine for now and maybe later."

Grins the doctor.

"We haven't lost this poor soul yet and whilst I don't enjoy low-tech surgery you've been worse.  Remember that pack of leopard-bats that ambushed you in the mine?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 19, 2006, 10:53:10 AM
Gustav the Rat

"Pine box? Lid?...what?" he says...then thinks about it for a second.

"Oh...a joke.. ah yes..Ha Ha."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 19, 2006, 12:53:55 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

"I see no cloth to use for a stretcher ..."
He then looks for a big enough metal/plastic plate who could be used ... pondering if prying away a row a seats could work too.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 19, 2006, 03:03:49 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Oct 19 2006, 06:53 AM) [snapback
39722[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

"I see no cloth to use for a stretcher ..."
He then looks for a big enough metal/plastic plate who could be used ... pondering if prying away a row a seats could work too.

One of the side panels from the vending machine that Phill blew up would be about the right size.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 19, 2006, 09:33:47 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

"I'll need an extra set of hands here."
He then goes to the vending hauling back (not alone i hope) the metal slab plate to the wounded one.

Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on October 20, 2006, 09:38:24 PM
Phill...

Looks around and eats another Flinky.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 20, 2006, 11:02:11 PM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

Seeing how much enthusiasm the other crewmember show
"And I'm not talking about surgery."
sighes heavily
"Come on help me move this, we can use it to move him."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on October 23, 2006, 03:27:47 AM
Wordlessly, Toulaan joins in hauling the recently destroyed Flinky home to the wreckage of the other train.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 28, 2006, 06:30:50 PM
[OOC]  Did we lose any postings here?
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 06, 2006, 04:30:07 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Oct 22 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback
39875[/snapback]]
Wordlessly, Toulaan joins in hauling the recently destroyed Flinky home to the wreckage of the other train.

You get the panel over to the other train car, and get Zaras loaded up on it without too much difficulty.  Getting him out the door is a little tricky, but you get it accomplished and are able to start moving back towards the other train car.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on November 08, 2006, 01:00:26 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Oct 20 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback
39824[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

"And I'm not talking about surgery."


The doctor murmurs:

"If you change your mind I can do you a discount on some experimental nanotechnology."

He grimaces.

"I'm pretty sure I know where things went wrong last time..."

The doctor make ssure that the patient is braced and stable.

"So boss .... forward or back?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on November 15, 2006, 02:42:02 AM
Dutch

Dutch walks up beside the Doc and says quietly,"Sometimes Doc, I think you're too good at you job." Dutch look at the men assisting Zaras onto the makeshift stretcher."This is not good, he's goin' to slow us down."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on November 15, 2006, 08:55:03 AM
The doc looks almost ashamed for the moment.  He rapidly shrugs it off with a cough and busies himself with another check on the patient before looking through the carriage to see where his razor ended up.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 15, 2006, 10:25:04 AM
Gustav the Rat

Heads back to the rest..

"I'll stand guard...who ever did that...might come back.." he says turning to leave whilst the rest decide what to do next.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 16, 2006, 05:25:35 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Grinnen Baeritt @ Nov 15 2006, 03:25 AM) [snapback
40392[/snapback]]
Gustav the Rat

Heads back to the rest..

"I'll stand guard...who ever did that...might come back.." he says turning to leave whilst the rest decide what to do next.

As you go past the undamaged train car and get a little ways away from the burning parts of the roots, you think you see a flicker of light further back in the tunnel, from the direction your car originally came from.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on November 17, 2006, 04:54:31 PM
Baron Mindbender

After getting Zaras to his destination, Toulaan looks about for something else to do and decides to investigate the tree in closer detail.  Particularly the other side of it.  He let's Dutch know and begins to make his way cautiously around the tree, opposite of the burning train.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on November 17, 2006, 05:12:38 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Getting nervous outside the cockpit

Being slightly out of his element with all this running around stuff, Reegus is content to keep his blaster handy and keep an eye out for visitors.

"This ship may appear nearly-empty... but if there's anyone even remotely left in charge of anything around here they ought to be showing up for a big crash and fire like this at some point.  While you guys work on getting that stretcher thingy working I'll keep an eye out up and down the tunnel for 'visitors.'  If I see *anything* at all, you'll all be the first to know."
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 17, 2006, 06:23:31 PM
Gustav the Rat

Hearing the rather nervous pilot approach...

"When you meant anything at all...." points towards the glimmer of light back down the tunnel..

"would that classify?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on November 17, 2006, 07:07:51 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Totally forgot that he'd just read about lights coming ;)

"What is it those holovid kids are always saying at a time like this? ...  Oh yeah..."

"Frak."

Loudly enough to be heard by the rest of the immediate team, but not bellowed out to the cosmos:
"Hey guys!  We aren't missing one of our own with a flashlight are we?  Otherwise, something shiny is headed this way!"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on November 17, 2006, 07:35:17 PM
The doc takes one last glance at the patient as he tucks his razor into his belt.

"Be right back, don't die on me."

He murmurs to the unconcious crewman.

He picks up his laser rifle and goes to see what is happening.

"Let me guess.  After a large, talking rat we must now be ready to meet a giant firefly?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on November 17, 2006, 09:47:43 PM
Dutch


Looking down the tunnel seeing the oncoming light, Dutch say loud enough for everyone to here, "It's hussle time, take cover!" Seeing Reegus looking like he's about to water his boots says,"Reegus, with me!" and motions him over to take cover. "Phil, you take Doc with you over on the other side." Taking up position with Reegus he turns to him and says, "Now don't go loosing your head and go basting the fluck out of everything," Dutch could see the uncertainty in his face and said, "Look, when you see me start shooting, you start shooting...OK?" With that Dutch turned to face the tunnel and waited with his rifle ready.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 18, 2006, 12:25:54 AM
Gustav the Rat

Sensing a firefight, he ducks into cover...preferably some that protects him from friendly fire as well.

He then draws his pistol and tries to remember exactly what he has to do to get it to work.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 18, 2006, 06:23:04 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Nov 17 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback
40495[/snapback]]
Baron Mindbender

After getting Zaras to his destination, Toulaan looks about for something else to do and decides to investigate the tree in closer detail.  Particularly the other side of it.  He let's Dutch know and begins to make his way cautiously around the tree, opposite of the burning train.

It's a bit of a tight sqeeze but you get through to the other side without much trouble.  It looks like the tracks continue on, straight for about 50 meters, then sloping downward and to the right, towards what would be the middle of the ship.

Everyone else gets into postion.  The lights come a little closer then stop.  They are probably still about 100 meters away.  It looks like it is mostly torchlight, with possibly one flashlight as well. The lights continually move around, but don't seem to be getting any closer.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on November 22, 2006, 10:49:49 AM
Dutch

Through the crews personal communicators they hear the crackle of Dutch's voice say,"So...which one of you guys is our diplomatic ambassedor?" The sound of a rifles saftey switch echoed in the transmissions background.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on November 29, 2006, 02:37:27 AM
After quite some time of silence, Dutchs voice came through the intercom again. "Anyone?"
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 29, 2006, 04:13:20 AM
[ooc] Things do seem unusually quiet.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on November 29, 2006, 04:22:48 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Elder Statesman... or not

"If you want a good bar fight then I'm your man.  But assuming this isn't the time then someone else had better make with the charisma."

"Hey, Rat... sorry, I don't think I ever caught your name... how good is your eyesight?  Can you make out who's coming?  And how do you feel about making new friends??"

[OOC: I know it's Gustav, but I'm pretty sure it's never come up in-character ;) ]
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on November 29, 2006, 08:37:10 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Nov 29 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback
40955[/snapback]]
[ooc] Things do seem unusually quiet.
(OOC)>sigh< I know, it's what puts me off PbP games <_< . I'll give it till friday, if nothing interesting happens...then I'll liven it up  :ph34r:
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on November 29, 2006, 09:02:11 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Having taken a crash course on what's been happening since he spaced out[/font]

[ooc]sorry,i've been overly busy for a while and the flow's just been receding to standard levels,allowing me at last to catch up[/ooc]

After getting zaras to relative safety within the not-so-damaged-as-his train car, he looks from time to time where Toulaan's gone, but his attention is greatly taken by assisting the Doc and watching for drunken behaviour in his providing medical aid.
He only come to senses when he hears Dutch over the comm. He then checks for Toulaan and notices he has disappeared, he rise to go out
"Keep at it on him Doc, and do your best ... i mean your sober best."
He then goes out to where he last saw Toulaan all the while
"Our ambassador as you may call it has gone out of our sight and is not around to be seen. I'll try quickly to grab him, if not i'll be coming."
Not over the comm while looking for Toulaan
"Toulaan! Where are you?"
"Oy Toulaan! Show yourself, we need you out there! "

OOC He will be looking for Toulaan as long as one of the following things happen :
1 - he finds toulaan
2 - there's a battle starting
3 - a few minutes have passed
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on November 29, 2006, 10:27:55 AM
The docs finger twitches on the trigger of his las rifle.  

"Lets hit them with everything we have... before its too late"

He growls into the communicator.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Ironmaul on November 29, 2006, 11:40:46 AM
Dutch through the intercom

"Or blast their knee caps off first like we did on "Galean's" rebel moon station... now that was a fight." Dutch paused for a moment then added, "So Doc, did you bring your elastic bands for thier bloodied stumps? We'll have to get as much info from them before they kark it on us." Oh crap, is this comm still on open channel.....hehe." With that Dutch was silent ...for the time being at least.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on November 29, 2006, 10:45:26 PM
The doctor cackles manically.  

He forgets his rifle momentarily as he lifts his faceplate to swig some more homebrew.

Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 30, 2006, 11:25:27 PM
Gustav the Rat

Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Nov 29 2006, 05:22 AM) [snapback
40957[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Elder Statesman... or not
"Hey, Rat... sorry, I don't think I ever caught your name... how good is your eyesight?  Can you make out who's coming?  And how do you feel about making new friends??"

[OOC: I know it's Gustav, but I'm pretty sure it's never come up in-character ;) ]

"Thats alright Human.... I don't know yours either. My friends...call me Gustav..." he says holding out a paw. He then rolls his cigar to the other side of his mouth and starts chewing on it nervously... then thinks briefly takes it out of his mouth and stubbs it out.

"My eyesights fine...but it is a bit dark..." he says with a shrug. " and if these folks coming down the tunnel don't kill us I'm sure we'll get along just fine..." he says trying to make out any movement around the lights.
Title: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 01, 2006, 04:04:32 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Nov 29 2006, 02:02 AM) [snapback
40964[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Having taken a crash course on what's been happening since he spaced out[/font]

[ooc]sorry,i've been overly busy for a while and the flow's just been receding to standard levels,allowing me at last to catch up[/ooc]

After getting zaras to relative safety within the not-so-damaged-as-his train car, he looks from time to time where Toulaan's gone, but his attention is greatly taken by assisting the Doc and watching for drunken behaviour in his providing medical aid.
He only come to senses when he hears Dutch over the comm. He then checks for Toulaan and notices he has disappeared, he rise to go out
"Keep at it on him Doc, and do your best ... i mean your sober best."
He then goes out to where he last saw Toulaan all the while
"Our ambassador as you may call it has gone out of our sight and is not around to be seen. I'll try quickly to grab him, if not i'll be coming."
Not over the comm while looking for Toulaan
"Toulaan! Where are you?"
"Oy Toulaan! Show yourself, we need you out there! "

OOC He will be looking for Toulaan as long as one of the following things happen :
1 - he finds toulaan
2 - there's a battle starting
3 - a few minutes have passed


Toulaan does answer: "I'm on the other side of the big tree, a little ways down the tunnel, looks clear here.  It will take me a couple minutes to get back"
 [OOC] Maelstorm did let me know that he wasn't going to be able to post very often, so I might be doing more than the usual number of decisions for the Baron for now, when needed

And, with that, I'm going to start up a new thread:
http://rpgrm.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1633 (http://rpgrm.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1633)