Real Roleplaying Forums

The Archive => The Trophy Case => Gunslingers (Chaosium) => Topic started by: Sorloc on August 24, 2007, 12:27:59 AM

Title: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on August 24, 2007, 12:27:59 AM
This is the In Character Thread for Gunslingers (pt.III).

Posts should be formatted like so:

<OPTIONAL Pic here> ***pics should be no more than 250 pixels high and 400 pixels wide.***

CHARACTER NAME (Bolded, in chosen distinctive color)

Action text
"Spoken text"(quoted, in chosen distinctive color)
Thinking or descriptive text(Italicized) (please keep thinking text to a minimum.  If we can't guess it from the action and speech, then we probably have no way of knowing.)
<OOC comments>(Italicised, in brackets)(please keep OOC comments to a minimum as well.  Use the OOC thread for exposition.)
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on August 24, 2007, 01:18:09 AM
There's more than a few closed-down businesses in town, but most of them are temporary buildings anyway.  The Red Dog Saloon is a two-story building in a fairly good location, built by a man who'd had some good luck prospecting.  The good luck turned bad, and he lost the saloon in a card game.  The man he lost it to ran it into the ground in short order, and then he left town.  The Red Dog has stood empty for more than two years, serving mostly as a storehouse for lumber for those who don't want to pay for it. 
Marshall Rice has his deputies keep an eye out for looters, just to discourage thievery.  So, when Deputy William "Willy" James Kirk saw two people break in, of course he investigated.  It being a man and a woman, thievery probably wasn't what was on their minds, but they still shouldn't be in there...
As it turned out, the woman and her Indian bodyguard (?) servant(?) were just looking the place over.  The woman seemed on the verge of tears as she explained that she was the new owner and had apparantly been swindled, as she had been under the impression that the place was not in such a state.  Eliza Bennet, she said her name was, and her companion called himself Colorado Two Dogs.  She said she was staying at La Loma Alta Hotel, and expressed thanks that the law was looking after things so well.

So what are the odds that he'd see someone else breaking in the very next day?
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on August 25, 2007, 01:34:07 AM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)
Luther Burroughs  


Luther shakes his head, “Well if this just don’t beat the Dutch.  My dear Abilene, it seems the newest member of your codfish aristocracy has acquired a saloon without an anti-fogmatic in sight.”  He lightly coughs as he brings a handkerchief from his vest pocket to his mouth. “I am in need of a broom.”  
Luther continues his exploration starting with the closed door. 
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on August 28, 2007, 06:13:01 AM
OOC: Reposting since I can't read English.

Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotCrop.jpg)

Willy will first snuff his pipe and slip it into a vest/jacket pocket.  Willy will reach to his Colt .45 and cock the hammer expecting trouble.  He will slowly make his way to the most advantagous position he can think of knowing the town and its buildings.  He will as silently as possible sneak his way to find out what this hombré is about.

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on August 28, 2007, 06:30:03 AM
OOC: Posted it somewhere, once, but I can't find it just now...
The first chamber in your pistol is empty.  If is is not, please let me know so I can roll to see what time of day you shoot yourself.

In this case, as you have time to prepare, just say, "I load / reload", and, time permitting, you've got a full load.



Willy: It will be easy to enter behind him; he has forced the front door.

OOC: Remember: you are the Law.  Even John Wesley Hardin fled this town rather than face Marshall Hickock.  You're one of four deputies (so far), And the Sheriff's office is also in town.  Granted, the Sheriff and his deputies are usually out and about across the county, but this is (mostly) a law-abiding town.


Luther: The door leads to a small kitchen,  there is a storeroom to one end, with a narrow stair leading down (under the main stairs) to a cellar?  It's dark - you might get eaten by a Grue.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on August 28, 2007, 06:43:19 AM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)
Luther Burroughs


Luther looks for an oil lamp or latern as well as a broom.


Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on August 28, 2007, 06:53:07 AM
OOC:

Always have a charge in the pipe.

Would never have a gun any other way.

Bought a 12mm semi pistol for my mom.  Told her NEVER leave the pipe clean.

Know what I mean?


rmfr

P.S. - The above are terms from my time in the USNAVY.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on August 28, 2007, 04:50:12 PM
OOC:

Always have a charge in the pipe.

Would never have a gun any other way.

Bought a 12mm semi pistol for my mom.  Told her NEVER leave the pipe clean.

Know what I mean?


rmfr

P.S. - The above are terms from my time in the USNAVY.
Understood.  However, I don't believe you were in the USNAVY in 1876.  Handguns have gotten a great deal more reliable in the past 130 years (they even have safety switches now).  Your character has to deal with weapons of a vastly inferior tech level...

So are you going in, or what?
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on August 29, 2007, 05:16:11 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotCrop.jpg)

Willy will enter the Red Dog as silently as he is able and search for the intruder.  He will also slide his gun out of the holster and ready himself for whatever.

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on August 29, 2007, 10:17:04 PM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)
Luther Burroughs  


While Luther continues to look for a lantern, oil lamp or broom he hums, occasionally sing words when he knows them,"...you hear the first whip-poor-will's song... Oh, meet me; oh, meet me..."
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on August 31, 2007, 08:44:53 AM
Luther  - you find nothing useful.  It would seem that pretty much anything not broken or too heavy to move has already been taken.

Willy  - you hear singing coming from the kitchen / storeroom.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on September 01, 2007, 04:29:14 PM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotCrop.jpg)

Willy will slowly creep his way to where the singing is coming from, peek around the corner to see...

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on September 01, 2007, 10:18:08 PM
Todd

"OK Milton, your call, I'm no farmer so don't really know what you may need, and do you need to go to the bank first?"

"I'd like to get back before nightfall as I don't like the ladies being alone out there" regretting not being more forceful in his wish to stay.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on September 03, 2007, 09:55:57 PM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)
Luther Burroughs  


Luther shakes his head as his search completes unsuccessfully, " I must acknowledge the corn and call her seven by nine but I have taken cotton to her nonetheless."
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on September 10, 2007, 03:59:12 AM
Luther  - you are startled by a rat darting out from some debris, and you jump back through the kitchen door....

Willy  - ...into view of Willy.

Please, feel free to proceed.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on September 11, 2007, 04:06:30 AM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)

Luther Burroughs  

Luther sees what appears to be a law official of sorts with a gun drawn. He moves his hands away from his body so that they are clearly visible as well as empty, "I am afraid that we are not yet open but if you are looking for a place to sleep I can offer a very inexpensive room."



Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on September 12, 2007, 02:13:31 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

"What are you doing here?  This is private property."  Still pointing his gun at the varmint.

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on September 12, 2007, 02:32:50 AM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)
Luther Burroughs  

Luther keeps his hands visible as he slowly moves to face the lawman, “I would opine that I am no squatter sir. As a gentleman I humbly request that you lower your pistol so that we may continue this discussion without needless hostilities.”  
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on September 12, 2007, 03:23:48 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

"I'll lower my gun when I'm satisfied you ain't no thief or squatter.  I asked, 'What are you doing here on private property?'"  Still pointing his gun at the varmint.

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on September 12, 2007, 03:37:15 AM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)
Luther Burroughs  

Luther slowly moves his hand to his jacket, "If you would be so kind as to allow me to produce a document sir.  I believe a deed would in fact render me the owner of said abode."

Luther produces the deed from his jacket
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on September 12, 2007, 04:31:15 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

"Keep your hands up!"  Willy says cocking the hammer back.  "Stay so still I don't see a hair twitch."  Willy then approaches slowly, keeping the gun aimed at his heart, and reaches inside where the guy was reaching.  He pulls out the paper, unfolds it clumsily with one hand, and reads...

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on September 12, 2007, 05:41:56 AM
It would appear to be a deed to this building.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on September 12, 2007, 06:27:45 AM
Todd

We get the supplies we need, and head back to the farm....

"Miss Eliza, when do you want to make a start of cleaning the Red Dog, obviously not today, but the ssooner you start the sooner it will be open..."

"We could even get a couple of ladies from the mexican quarter to make a start for you if you like"
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on September 12, 2007, 07:39:49 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

The guy, Mr. Burrows, sees a sly grin spread across Willy's face.  "Well, Mr. Burrows," he says as he slowly releases the hammer on his gun and holsters it.  "It seems yur've bin hornswaggled.  This here stabishment belongs to a Miss Bennett.  I'm afraid I'm gonna need ya to come to the Marshall's office while we straighten this out." he continues, then steps out the kitchen doorway and swings his arm to where the front door of the Red Dog is located.  "If you don't mind, please, sir."

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: LadyCatreece on September 12, 2007, 07:44:58 AM
ooc....

HEY!! What the heck is Val Kilmer doing in my Saloon?!
hhm.... now that I think about it, he can be in my saloon as long as he wants!
=^_^=
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on September 13, 2007, 03:33:42 AM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)
Luther Burroughs

Luther keeps an even keel, "I beg to differ sir for I am in fact the holder of the deed.  I am at a loss to find the name Bennett anywhere upon it. However, I would be remiss if I said that I did not possess a modicum of curiousity to see what the Marshal's office has to do with my deed sir."

Luther will exit his saloon and walk with this stranger to the Marshal's office.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on September 13, 2007, 03:46:19 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

"I can un'stand that sir.  However, I also ran into a lady by the name of Lizzy Bentson (he ain't good with names) who also had a deed jus' like yurs.  I jus' wanna get this stratend out.  But I need to look the lady's name up in the Marshall's Office.  Jus' trin to do my job," he says while walking to Marshall's Office.

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on September 17, 2007, 03:45:14 AM
Willy, Luther:

Artemis is in the Office when you get there. 
(http://home.comcast.net/~Sorloc/gunslingers/deputy01.jpg)

He tells you that Barney Giles, the Land Agent in town, should be able to determine the truth of the matter, and suggests that Luther look him up, and gives directions to Barney's office.  "Willy, whyn't you go check where that lady said she was stayin'?  If'n you see any of the other Deputies, let them know what's goin' on with the Red Dog.  Seems we'd best keep a closer eye on it fer a while."

OOC: The Land Office is a few blocks past La Loma Alta, on the same street as the Marshall's office and La Loma Alta, so you'll be walking together at least that far. <roll>  On the way, Willie, you look down a cross street and see the woman with the other deed, speaking with Mary Ellen Wendt...
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on September 17, 2007, 06:24:57 AM
Todd

After getting the supplies we head back to the farm....unless we notice anything else?
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on September 18, 2007, 12:56:41 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

"Uh...  Mr. Burroughs, I mus' part company.  I seen sompin' I gotta take care of.  Luck, on gettin' this mess cleared up."  Willy will then go down the side street to where he last saw Miss Bennett...

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on September 18, 2007, 02:34:04 AM
Willy - Go to Abeline (http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=2061.msg57848#msg57848) thread.

Luther - what will you be doing?  Your destiny awaits...


Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on September 25, 2007, 02:23:54 AM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)
Luther Burroughs  

Luther gives a curt nod, "why it would my pleasure to sort this matter within the confines of the law. I bid you good day gentlemen."   

Luther takes the directions and departs in search of Barney Giles
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on September 26, 2007, 11:03:13 PM
Barney Giles examines the document.
"Well, this certainly seems to be genuine, but I doubt its veracity from my own knowledge.  I don't have any way to disprove it, except for this..."  he opens a file he got from his safe moments ago, "Here is the original deed to the premesis, and as you can see, it was owned by Eli Cole, but he did sell it to one Lucas Holt.  Your deed is signed by Eli Cole, and without some document showing transfer of ownership from Lucas Holt to Eli Cole, this document is worthless."   
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on September 27, 2007, 04:08:17 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

"Well, hir we are ma'm.  We'll find awt fur shur about this mess."

Willy then opens the door to Barney Giles office and holds it for Miss Eliza to enter.

When Willy enters, he'll remove his hat, sees Mister Burroughs, nods his head, "Suhr."

Then to Mister Giles, "Mister Giles.  It seems we have a qweshun about who owns the Red Dog.  Miss Eliza hir also has a deed.  Perhaps, you cuhld straten it awt?"

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Avidos on September 27, 2007, 04:41:20 AM
(http://www.amazingben.com/docholliday1.jpg)
Luther Burroughs  

Luther shakes his head as he sighs, "isn't that just a daisy. Well Mister Giles it seems the possum was caught asleep."

As the others come in Luther will tip his hat with a slight bow of the head, "Mam, I am delighted to make your aquaintance. I trust you also have a hound in this hunt of ours."
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on October 02, 2007, 03:32:14 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

"Excuse me, ma'm," says Willy to Eliza, then turns to Mr. Burroughs, "Mistah Burroughs, may I have a word?  Please?"

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on November 19, 2007, 05:09:41 AM
Abeline
Willy Kirk, Eliza Bennett, Luther Burroughs, Todd Crimper, Milton White


After a bit of conversation, it would seem that Eliza Bennett and Luther Burroughs are in possession of nearly identical deeds to the Red Dog Saloon, neither of which appears to be genuine.  It would also seem that if one was to have one of these 'almost genuine' deeds, and was willing to pay the back taxes on the property and the filing fees, the 'less than correct' sections of the deeds might be overlooked by the city in the interest of having a running establishment in place of a crumbling eyesore.

The back taxes amount to $364, and the filing fees are $36. Both Eliza and Luther are able to cover this amount, but it would leave them in questionable financial condition - and the place needs fixing.  Neither can pay the fees and afford to fix the place up - alone...

It shall be assumed that Willy and Todd are aware that the Red Dog could become the legal property of either interested party, and that it would be legal in the sight of the City.

Barring a few minutes' worth of conversation... Willy needs to return to work, Milton has a wagon of supplies to deliver, Todd might be going with him, Eliza had expressed a lack of interest in returning to the farm at this time, Luther is checking his hole cards...
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on November 19, 2007, 08:47:20 AM
Todd

"I'm sorry your not heading back with us Miss Eliza, but I'll be back in town tomorrow as I can't leave my business too long."

"Ok Milton, let's get these supplies delivered and you settled in so I can get back sometime tomorrow"
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on November 21, 2007, 03:32:56 PM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

Before actually getting back to work, Willy suggests, "Perhaps the two of yuh cuhld go intuh biznuz togethuh?  Just a sujeshun."  Willy then tips his hat and says, "Scuse me, but I must get back tuh work."

rmfr

[/quote]
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on December 01, 2007, 09:10:06 PM
Abeline
Todd Crimper, Milton White


Are Todd and Milton going back to the farm?
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on December 02, 2007, 07:55:28 AM
Todd

"lets get back to the farm"

return to the farm
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on December 02, 2007, 07:18:22 PM
Milton White

to Todd  Sure we can head back to the farm, but I still wanted to stop in on your friend, the gunsmith. If we can, that is.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on December 04, 2007, 06:25:33 AM
Milton White

To Todd,  On second thought, maybe we'd better grab Miss Eliza and head back to the farm... If she's not done, we can split up if need be. I just don't want Lallian to be alone for too long out there...I can come back to town tomorrow to get my firearms..."
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on December 07, 2007, 02:05:03 AM
Miss Eliza has split, probably with that fancy-dressed fellow.


There is the sound of a train whistle in the distance.


Willy
A young boy by the name of Scott jogs up to you.  He is one of several youths who earn a few pennies running message and errands for the Marshal.  He tells you Marshal Rice wants to see you in his office.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on December 07, 2007, 03:29:29 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

Fishing a couple of pennies from his pocket - O! one is actually a dime - Willy thanks the young fella.  Reading the message, he then folds it and puts it into his pants pocket.

Dadgumit, what did I do now? he thinks.  He then makes his way to the Marshall's office, keeping an eye out for any wrong doing.

rmfr

Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on December 07, 2007, 07:54:53 AM
Todd
"We can quickly stop off to get you a fire arm on our way out of town"

we're off to get Milton a gun....
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on December 08, 2007, 08:20:57 PM
Milton White

You sure? Only as long as it is on the way back.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on December 08, 2007, 11:09:23 PM
OOC can we make it on the way back and quickly rap up a sale before moving back to the farm.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on December 12, 2007, 01:06:49 AM
Pierre LeBel

"Pierre's Gun Shop & Hardware" reads the sign outside the shop.  A bell attached to the door rings as you open it.  A thin man, balding, with long black handlebars looks up from a work bench situated at the side of the room.  A glass case about six feet long divides this room in two.  Inside the case are pistols and various hand tools.  Behind the counter, on racks, are rifles, carbines, and shotguns.  Under the long guns, on the back counter, are boxes of ammo, cases for powder, canisters of shot, and cleaning equipment.  Nothing is in reach of a customer, unless one was to jump over or go around the display case.

The man puts down a file and the partially assembled weapon on the bench.  As he turns to leave the bench, he casually straightens the tool so that it is lying parallel to the edge of the bench.

Wiping his hands on a rag, he smiles at you, displaying very uneven teeth.  "Welcum, misseures.  How may I be of sehrvice?"
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on December 12, 2007, 09:15:38 AM
Todd

"Hello Pierre, my friend here would like to purchase one of your excellent firearms, can you help him choose something suitable for his needs?"

Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on December 13, 2007, 03:34:26 AM
 Milton White

to Pierre, "Hello, sir. Yes as my friend Todd has mentioned I am in need of a firearm or two to give myself a little aid out here. What have you got?
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on December 13, 2007, 11:25:57 PM
Pierre LeBel

"Ah am verry sorry sir, but Ah do not believe that I have had the pleasure.  Ah am Pierre LeBel, and you ahr?

...

Ah, tres bien.  It is a plesyah to make your acquaintance.  Yes, Monsieur Todd, Ahv course Ah remember you.
What is it, sir, that you are looking for? "


[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on December 14, 2007, 12:18:41 AM
Milton White

He shakes his head, shamed and then extends his hand with a smile "Please excuse me, I have terrible manners today. My name is Milton White. I'm here on some family business. The pleasure is mine. I am looking for a Colt .45 or two and a Winchester Rifle if you have any of those."
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on December 14, 2007, 02:03:24 AM
Pierre LeBel
(http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2074.0;attach=200)

Yes, Monsieur Milton, Ah have two of the newest Winchester model, just available this year.  Eet uses ze 45 caliber instead of ze 44-40."  He hands you a new rifle.  You can almost see your reflection in the polished wood, she smell of metal, powder and oil is strong.
"Ziss weapon, she is a steal at only thirty dollars.  I can personally assure Monsieur that he will be the only owner of this model in the entire region, at least until a new shipment comes available, or I sell this other one."
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on January 27, 2008, 08:06:24 PM
Marshall Rice's office:

(http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/Sorloc/wild%20west/marshall02.jpg)

"Willy.  Good.  Anything to report so far today?"
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on January 28, 2008, 04:39:21 AM
Willy

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

"Seems thar wuz uh misundastandin bowt the ownership of duh Red Dog.  Seems both people were hornswaggled on thuh deed.  Utherwize, nuthin else tuh report."

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on February 24, 2008, 04:18:53 PM
Marshall Rice's office:

(http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/Sorloc/wild%20west/marshall02.jpg)

"Well, that's an issue to be settled in court - at least in my jurisdiction."  Thomas smiles a bit, then leans back in his chair, "Sometimes, Willie, you just get a feeling about things, you know?  That's one of the things that separates a good lawman from an ordinary one.  Some people see it as bad luck - always being in the middle of trouble - but that's exactly where a lawman needs to be.  You've got this... knack, Willie.  You always seem to just happen to be in the middle of the biggest pile of 'shiznit' in the vicinity,"  Thomas laughs.
"I want you to try to focus this knack a bit.  I've got a strange feeling about this White Farm business.  You know as well as I that there's been some rather unsavory types blowin' into town lately, and that spells trouble.  I want you to keep an eye on that would-be farmer and see if you can't get some idea how to defuse this situation."
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on February 24, 2008, 04:19:34 PM
MIlton / Todd

Pierre LeBel
(http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2074.0;attach=200)

Yes, Monsieur Milton, Ah have two of the newest Winchester model, just available this year.  Eet uses ze 45 caliber instead of ze 44-40."  He hands you a new rifle.  You can almost see your reflection in the polished wood, she smell of metal, powder and oil is strong.
"Ziss weapon, she is a steal at only thirty dollars.  I can personally assure Monsieur that he will be the only owner of this model in the entire region, at least until a new shipment comes available, or I sell this other one."
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on February 24, 2008, 09:53:03 PM
Todd

"That sounds very nice, will it take standard cartridges, or will supply be limited for a while?"

Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on February 25, 2008, 04:08:30 AM
Milton White

 That IS a nice rifle you have got here... He examines the weapon closely, feeling an excitement shoot up his spine. He hasn't held a Winchester since he left to come out here, and it will be good to feel one of his "babies" back with him
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on February 25, 2008, 11:08:57 PM
Pierre LeBel
(http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2074.0;attach=200)

Ah, Monsieur Todd, I do not work for ze Winchester company, but their reputation, it is one of ze best, no?"
"And Monsieur Milton, it would be very nice to have your name engraved upon it, would it not?"
 
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on March 13, 2008, 04:40:55 AM
Milton White

"Monsieur LeBel, they do have one of the best reputations. In fact, they're the only rifles I'll use. As for the name, it WOULD look nice, but I'm concerned more with practicality than anything else. I've got to save some money for fixing up the farm and making sure I can live out here before I start personalizing my rifles" he smiles politely and he examines the rifle again.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on April 03, 2008, 02:56:27 AM
Willy

Marshall Rice's office:

(http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/Sorloc/wild%20west/marshall02.jpg)

"I want you to try to focus this knack a bit.  I've got a strange feeling about this White Farm business.  You know as well as I that there's been some rather unsavory types blowin' into town lately, and that spells trouble.  I want you to keep an eye on that would-be farmer and see if you can't get some idea how to defuse this situation."[/color]

"Yes suh."  And Willy will head about on his new duties...

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on April 03, 2008, 06:23:34 AM
Todd

"I hate to rush you Mr Milton, but we do need to get to the farm before dark"

With that they purchase the rifle and say their goodbyes and set off for the farm with their supplies.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on April 04, 2008, 09:45:23 PM
Milton, Todd, Streets of Abilene:


As you are making your way out of town, a young man in his late teens approaches the wagon.
Touching his hat politely, he gestures at a nearby building and says, "Mr. White?  Thanks so much for coming.  My Pa is inside."
The building he is gesturing to has a sign proclaiming it to be "Vizcaya's Wool & Clothing"
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on April 04, 2008, 10:23:27 PM
 Milton White

"Thanks Mr. Lebel," he shakes Pierre's hand, smiles, takes his rifle and ammunition, and nods at Todd, "You're right Todd, we do need to get back to the farm." He steps out into the street. He looks at the young man, then at Todd, "Todd Did I miss something? Excuse me young man, I don't believe I've had the pleasure," He extends his hand to the boy, "What did you say your name was? And how do you know my name?"
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on April 05, 2008, 07:44:39 AM
Todd

His shotgun is resting by his side, in easy reach, he looks around for others watching, "We really are in a hurry Mr White"

he emphasizes the Mr White, rather than Milton, "is it urgent or can we see him tomorrow?" he keeps the rains in his left hand, his other by his side near the shotgun, though not as yet on it.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on April 07, 2008, 12:58:17 AM
Milton, Todd, Streets of Abilene:


"Beg Pardon, Sir, I'm Rick, Rick Woolschmidt.  My Pa had set up a meeting with you for noon today.  He's inside."
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on April 07, 2008, 07:23:52 AM
Todd

"When did you arange this Mr Milton? it may be you'll have to cancel as we have little time to spare"
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on April 10, 2008, 09:46:01 PM
 Milton White

[ooc] I don't remember setting a meeting up, but the name Woolschmidt is familiar[/ooc]
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on April 10, 2008, 11:14:02 PM
<OOC: Milton succeeds on a memory check, and remembers that there was a note slipped under the hotel room door on their first night in town from Mr. Woolschmidt, requesting a meeting.  His sister asked could they put it off till tomorrow, which would be today.>
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on April 12, 2008, 08:04:44 AM
OOC I'll wait for milton, but if he goes to the meeting, he'll join him if needed, and yes he will strap is gun back on as he is getting increasingly edgy...
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on April 13, 2008, 11:50:49 AM
Milton White

[OOC] Oh right, it's been a while. forgot about that note [/ooc]

"Todd, I do believe this boy is right. I DID have an appointment with the Woolschmidt fellow. I need to meet with him. If you'd like to head back to the farm, please feel free you are welcome there any time, or if you'd rather wait and go with me please do. He smiles and looks at the boy  Ok young master, tell your father I will be there in a moment. Might be a good time to load up this rifle just in case...
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on April 13, 2008, 11:53:29 AM
Todd

"I'll wait, I like to see a job through before I move onto the next one"
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on May 02, 2008, 09:06:03 PM
Milton

"Ok, Todd, I appreciate it. This shouldn't take too long. To the boy, Alright, son, let's go find your dad.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on May 07, 2008, 02:23:17 AM
Elias Woolschmidt

The smells of wool and dye assault Milton and Todd as they enter the clothing store. Near the counter, a man stands and extends his hand. "Elias Woolschmidt, Mr. White.  Pleased to meet you.  Mr. Crimper, good day to you as well.  Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me.  Terrible to arrive under such circumstances, but I trust that Abeline has put her best face forward for you?"

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: ictus on May 07, 2008, 06:54:05 AM
Todd
"Greetings Mr Woolschidt"

he then keeps quite while Mr White and he conduct their business
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on May 09, 2008, 04:51:03 AM
Milton WHite

"Mr. Woolschmidt, how do you do?He extends his hand warmly.
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Sorloc on May 10, 2008, 07:48:10 PM
Elias Woolschmidt

(http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2074.0;attach=324;image)

"I am fine, but I've got a bit of a problem that I'm hoping you can help me with.  Now you, sir, a fine Eastern gentleman like yourself, what do you want with an old, run-down farm?  Surely some other, cleaner sort of business would be more appealing to you?  Now, this here farm of your Uncle's, now this just happens to be in an excellent spot - not for farming so much, but I sure could use that land for my sheep to graze.  The cattle ranchers have used every dirty trick in the book to stop me being able to expand.  They've bought politicians so's I can't purchase more land from the government, they've terrorized my neighbors so they're afraid to deal with me.
No disrespect, lad, but you've got no real ties here.  You can take a pile of cash and get a fresh start anywhere you like - even back East, or California, even - the sky's the limit!  Now, four, um, four-eighty is more than it's worth as a farm, especially now.  Four hundred and eighty dollars, that's what I'm offering you for that deed, sir.  What do you say?"
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: arakish on May 12, 2008, 05:17:12 AM
OOC

Interruption here.

My character Wily

(http://www.udava.info/Phoenix/CharPix/SamElliotSmallCrop.jpg)

Whats going on with him?

Sorloc, read this post (http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=2074.msg63585#msg63585), and this one (http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=2074.msg63623#msg63623), and this one (http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=2074.msg64575#msg64575).

I have been checking back to see what is going on, but it seems he has been written out?

Just wanting to know.
End OOC

rmfr
Title: Re: Gunslingers Pt.3 (IC - meanwhile, back in town...)
Post by: Tibbs on May 15, 2008, 02:30:45 AM
Milton

Now, Mr Woolschmidt, I'd love to help you out. But asking me to up and sell my Uncle's farm immediately, well sir I'm afraid I can't do that. My Uncle left that farm to me to take care of and it wouldn't be right to immediately get rid of it. Now, depending on how I feel a bit later and what kind of offer I get, I may decide to sell the farm. But for now, sir, I have to decline.