Real Roleplaying Forums

The Archive => The Trophy Case => Indigo Awakenings (PsiWorld) => Topic started by: rmax on March 02, 2009, 09:48:44 PM

Title: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 02, 2009, 09:48:44 PM


This topic will be for Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 02, 2009, 09:51:25 PM
Theira

You finish working at the scene.  After you finish taking pictures, one of the senior techs will help you upload the images (i.e., gets you a laptop), and then sends you home.

You meet with the others at Manuel's Tavern, and discuss what happened today.  While your phone still has images of the man that was helping the people sitting around the table, the images appear to be blurry.  You could swear that they were in focus earlier, but not now.

(OOC:  if you have questions, please ask).

After the gathering breaks up, do you go home?
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 05, 2009, 08:46:45 PM
Theira

If you have questions, please ask, but to bring you up with the others, I'm going to advance your thread.

At some point you return home and go to sleep.  All of the activity of the day makes you incredibly tired.  Even dead tired, you dream (note, this is not a lucid dream that you control, but things you remember when you wake up).

In your dreams, you walk along the breezeway at Turner Field.  Bodies are strewn everywhere, their faces contorted in rage, their bodies twisted and broken.  In your dream, you feel nothing for these figures.  You walk across the figures, walking toward one of the entrances to the bleachers, and while the muffled cries of those beneath your feet echo through the breezeway, they mean nothing to your dreamself (when you awaken, you will strongly remember this cold, dispassionate feeling...remember this is a dream, and does not represent who your character is in the waking world). 

When you come out of the breezeway, into the bleachers, still walking over the crumpled forms of the fallen, you see to your right a burning bright red star, reaching out over the fallen.  That is when you see tiny red threads leaving the star, linking the bodies together.  It is not that the star is attached to each person, but it is attached to a few, and those attached to others, and those to even more. 

"You are in danger,"

You wake up in a cold sweat, your heart racing.  Turning, you see the clock read 2:30am.

Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 11, 2009, 03:17:20 AM
Dranthor, I need your response to bring you up to the others  :yes:.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 14, 2009, 04:02:58 AM
((sorry didn't see the post until now))

I get up and wash my face. I then look for the number of the guy I talked to that night after all the rucks.  I call him.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 14, 2009, 05:38:03 AM
((No problem, but I am going to speed you up a little, so the call will occur later that day.  This will bring you up to the timeline.  I'm assuming that you are saying that you will call Nick)).

Though out the day, you are brought back to the words, "you are in danger."  It comes up in strange places, like looking at a news paper, and misreading the headline, or catching a momentary fragment of a conversation.  But there is a lot of work to do.  There is more evidence than you have ever seen.  Bags are filling all of the hallways, just waiting to be cataloged, and as a junior tech, it's going to be your job.

"Theira,"  says your boss Amanda Thuroghgood, "glad to see you in today.  As you can see, we have a lot of material to process.  Everyone is working on the Turner Field Case, and we have people from the NSA, FBI, ATF, and every other acronym there is here today.  The best thing to do is to stay out of the way and start logging evidence." 

((Go on and we'll work through your work day, and then you can get the call into Nick.))
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 14, 2009, 06:02:20 AM
((works for me and yes I'm going to call Nick))

I will stay busy all day not taking breaks or anything and try to ignore my feelings and the warnings until such time as I can talk to Nick.  I wonder if he has been feeling the same or if any others have the same feelings. If I can overhear anyone talking about those feelings I will try my best to unobtrusively listen in.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 14, 2009, 06:06:53 PM
You go to your computer and start.  Images have been uploaded, and have codes as to location, but have not been cataloged or cross-referenced.  So you start there, pulling up pictures.  It's hard to dissociate after having been there, but you try.  Pictures taken only two-three feet away from each other, all forming a massive mural of the carnage.  As you work, catalog numbers of physical evidence appear, as do victim names, each one needing to be tagged to a given image. 

After lunch you switch off with another tech.  They take over the image catalogs, while you start working with the physical evidence.  Breaks are always welcome, and you have never seen so much evidence.  So, bag by bag you check the tags and input them into the computer.  A tech stands by to move the bags over to a designated boxes and rooms.  As you work, pattern of evidence start to come together.  Not that they tell you anything really, it's just that the pieces of physical evidence are now starting to really match the pictures.  It will still take weeks to shift through this; luckily the feds are sending extra help.  Normally they may have just taken over the investigations, and still might, but for now there is just too much evidence for just one group to tackle.

Your mind wanders as you go through the bags of physical evidence, logging them.  ouch.  Its just an involuntary response when you prick your finger and shake it.  Looking, there is no blood, but dang it stings.  You pick up the bag you were reaching for, and see that the bag is sealed with evidence tap, and nothing seems to be poking out.

The tag reads, "personal effects of Tamara Gordon."  Reading, this was taken from the body of a woman in the section where the fighting started.  As you read, your mind races back through the events of yesterday, and all of the horror is once again right before your eyes.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 14, 2009, 10:28:47 PM
I shake my head and when that doesn't help, I go to the bathroom and wash my face.  I try thinking about something calming and then once I feel a little calmer I head back out and start handling the evidence while trying to think on better times.  When I think that Nick might be home that day or that it might be a time I can call him and maybe get him to meet me that evening. I'll do so.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 15, 2009, 02:17:56 AM
As the cool water strikes your face, the memories begin to fade, almost like the water is washing away the pain.  After a few minutes, you feel better and return to work.  The evidence stacked in the hallway seems overwhelming, and a little oppressive.  You get back to the catalog room and put in your pass word.  You review your recent work, and reach over for the next evidence bag.  Involuntarily, you stop.  It's the bag with the personal effects of Tamara Gordon.  You realize you have some trepidation about touching that bag.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 15, 2009, 04:21:06 AM
Theira

go to my computer and look up the name Tamara Gordan and see what I can find out about her.
I'll by pss her bag and get the next one in the stack and hope one of the others take hers.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 15, 2009, 04:56:07 AM
You do a search for Tamara Gordon, which calls up the pictures currently tagged, a link to her pending autopsy, and pertinent police information.  You have her driver's license and address, but it does not appear that there are any criminal records.  She is completely uninteresting.

You continue your work, avoiding that bag.  While monotonous inputting data, it is a job and a way of getting experience.  Bag by bag, the catalog grows.  The day is almost over when you reach for a bag, and again get a shock.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 15, 2009, 05:36:08 AM
Theira

Check the bag is it the same person?
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 15, 2009, 06:41:19 AM
No, but it is from the same seating section of the stadium.  The name on this is David Morgan.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 15, 2009, 01:48:43 PM
[bTheira][/b]

Ok I take a deep breath and open it and tag the evidence
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 15, 2009, 05:46:44 PM
Knowing that you will have to reseal and write your name on it (you could easily say that the bag was not sealed fully, which with this much evidence is likely), you open the bag and look through the contents.  You see clothing and some personal effects, like a watch, wallet, etc....  Do you pull out the evidence to tag?
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 15, 2009, 09:34:36 PM
Theira

((ooc last name is McAran DeAngelo))

I will pull it out and tag the evidence as I normally would. But I will also look for anything that may have made me feel the way I am.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 15, 2009, 11:03:30 PM
You start going through the bag, tagging the clothing, the shoes, the watch, and cell phone.  You reach in and take his wedding ring, and you pull back, you fingers still tingling from the shock.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 15, 2009, 11:25:48 PM
Theira

I will feel right frustrated with myself and will shake my head and then reach bck in and take the ring tagging the evidence. 

I'm thinking that this is cause of all the stuff I went through yesterday being at the stadium.  I will wonder if I should take advantage of the counseling that I'm sure is set up for everyone.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 16, 2009, 02:07:12 AM
(the therapist is ready  :yes:)

You grasp the ring, and hold it even through the shock.  Suddenly, your filled with rage, confusion, panic and pain.
Rolling 1d100:
(9): Total = 9
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 16, 2009, 02:08:37 AM
You were ready, and steeled your will when you reached for the ring.  Your able to fight back these feelings, but still the ring burns in your hand.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 16, 2009, 04:03:40 AM
theira

I will do what I must with the ring but I think to myself  :: why are you burning me ring  What is so important about you::

After handling it I check my hand for burns. 

Then I grab the other bag that I have been avoiding and process it.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 16, 2009, 06:42:07 PM
You continue processing the ring.  You attach the physical tag, and then input the catalog information into the computer.  As you pick it up again, the burning sensation comes back, along with the thoughts of rage, confusion, panic and pain.  As before, you easily suppress these thoughts.  After putting the the ring back in the bag, it is sealed, and you sign your name to it (indicating that the seal was breached at some point).

You go back to the bag with Tamara Gordon's effects.  Taking a deep breath, you pick up the bag to process it. 
Rolling 1d100:
(74): Total = 74

Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 16, 2009, 06:45:49 PM
With determination, you picked up the bag, but then immediately dropped it.  Again there was the shock.  The ring felt like it was burning you, but there was no burn marks on your hand.  This one feels more like an electric shock, but it leaves no mark.  This time the shock was more intense.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 16, 2009, 09:50:27 PM
Theira

Getting very frustrated and very determined I reach over again and pick up the bag. I force myself to do my job and determine that after I'm finished I'm going to go talk to the psychologist that is available.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 16, 2009, 11:12:22 PM
Rolling 1d100:
(34): Total = 34
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 16, 2009, 11:12:34 PM
Rolling 1d100:
(56): Total = 56
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 16, 2009, 11:14:30 PM
You pick up the bag, steeling yourself for the shock.  It is there, but this time you don't let go.  As you move the bag to your workspace, your senses are flooded with the feelings of pain, rage, confusion, but the strongest is rage.  The sensations are overwhelming, making you dizzy and nauseous. 
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 17, 2009, 03:53:22 AM
Theira

I grab a near by trash can and vomit.  I leave the stuff as is and go find a supervisor.  " I'm not feeling right, I think all this is getting to me. I'm nauseated and a little dizzy. Can I go home? or at least go talk to our shrink a few moments?"

I ask humbly with a slightly green look to my skin.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 17, 2009, 04:00:12 AM
"Theira, you really don't look good."  She takes your shouder, "come with me.  You look like you need to lie down."  She takes you to her office, and makes a call.  A few minutes later, a man comes in, "what's wrong?"

You know him, he is one of the medical examiners, his name is Dr. Sydney Crane.  He comes over too you, "so, tell me what's wrong."  He takes a thermometer out of a bag, and grabs your wrist, feeling for a pulse.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 19, 2009, 12:45:00 AM
"I think i'm suffering from stress from yesterday.  It's like  well I didn't sleep well I woke up feeling in danger, I figured it was due to yesterday. I wasn't too worreid about it figured I just needed some time to get over it.  But them some of thebags today... well I know this is going to sound crazy but  I felt depridation on touching them.  Not all of them just a couple.  And the last one I got really sick when I started working the evidence." I will say softly
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 19, 2009, 03:00:24 AM
"Well, you have a strong pulse, and normal temp.  You may need a full check up though, so I want you to make an appointment with your Dr. ASAP.  As for the bags, almost anything could act as a trigger.  That's the nasty thing about the subconscious.  You may want to talk to Malcolm (the resident psychiatrist, Dr. Malcolm Eilerson).  If nothing else, you really need to talk to someone about what happened."
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 19, 2009, 03:56:05 AM
Theira

"thank you Dr Crane.  I figured it was stress and I will talk to him. I'mgoing to try to get with some of the people who were where I was and see if it is mroe than just me I figure we are all having some strange things that is the way it typically goes I think." I will say to him I turn to my boss. "can I go home a little early?"
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 19, 2009, 07:02:30 PM
"Sure.  Make sure you stop by Dr. Eilerson's office tomorrow."

You are now free for the evening.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 20, 2009, 12:15:05 AM
"I will thank you" I will say and then go get my stuff and leave.  On my way home I'll call Nick's number and see if he is able to get together tonight and talk about things.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 20, 2009, 09:06:57 PM
((Shortly, I'll move you over to Nick's thread...your phone call is currently going through.)))
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 21, 2009, 03:35:35 AM
The phone rings once, twice, and is then answered....

You reflexively pull the phone from your ear as the person on the other side screams, and keeps screaming.  It is unlike anything you have ever heard.  It is primal, and frightening. 

Rolling 1d100:
(67): Total = 67
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 21, 2009, 03:36:05 AM
As with the bag, the phone begins to tingle, then burn.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 21, 2009, 05:25:32 PM
Theira

"Nick" I will say and hiss at the pain.  "oh god nick if this is you meet me at the place we were at last night. I need to talk to you and I... I can't hold the phone it hurts." I will say and hang up real quickly putting the phone back in my purse out of sight.  I will then head to the bar and pray he shows up.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 22, 2009, 02:58:45 AM
The second you hang up, the burning sensation ends. 
You quickly get your stuff together, and then head out to Manuel's Tavern.

As it is Wednesday, and around 7pm, the place is starting to get crowded.  You notice that there is a band playing later tonight.  After you sit, a waitress comes over to your table for your order...
Rolling 1d100:
(28): Total = 28

Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 22, 2009, 03:02:36 AM
as she speaks, you start to have a headache.  It's not bad, most likely from all the work and problems today.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 22, 2009, 04:04:11 AM
Theira

I will reach into my purse and pull out my motrin and take 800 mg for the headahce.  Then I order some dinner.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 22, 2009, 04:10:11 AM
You place the order, and take the motrin.
Rolling 1d100:
(38): Total = 38

Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 22, 2009, 04:15:18 AM
Your drink and food come, but the motrin does not seem to really cut the headache.  The headache is like a banging, as if someone were knocking on a door.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on March 22, 2009, 05:19:40 AM
Theira

I will close my eyes and imagine a door where the pounding is.  I will imagine opening the door and see if it helps.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 22, 2009, 02:09:40 PM
Rolling 1d100:
(56): Total = 56
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 22, 2009, 02:17:32 PM
You find it difficult to focus on this door, but as you focus, a door comes into view.  As it comes into focus, it looks like a metal door, a reinforced door.  A long hall way comes into view.  You realize that this door resembles the door to the evidence lock-up. 
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on March 22, 2009, 06:20:10 PM
Move to Manuel's Tavern Thread (http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=4101.msg110380#msg110380).
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 09, 2009, 11:14:56 PM
After the Tavern:
As you leave the tavern, your mind is a whirl with all you have seen, felt and been told.  Before long, you are in the safe confines of your apartment.  Getting into your sleeping cloths, and curling up in bed, you quickly fall asleep.
Rolling 1d100:
(50): Total = 50
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 09, 2009, 11:39:22 PM
You awaken to a sweet smell, and your bed is so soft.  It slowly dawns on you that your lying on a bed of soft grass.  Around you are trees, plum trees.  It seems to be late in the day, as the sky is filled with a myriad of astounding colors.

Do not get up.  There is little time.  Something stalks you and the others are in danger.

You begin to drift off again, with the last words ringing in your sleepy mind, remember.

In the morning, you awaken refreshed, but last night's dream is clear in your mind.
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 13, 2009, 05:59:38 PM
Do you have a plan of action for today?
Title: Re: Theira - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on April 16, 2009, 04:41:24 AM
(OOC  Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur good enough for a name?))

After the horrible night I had I wake up and call out sick.  I'm going to call Nick first thing and see if he had anything weird happen during the night.  THen I'll get my computer out and look up areas that have plum trees.  Is there any plum tree farms nearby?
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 16, 2009, 04:28:24 PM
No.  Plums are not a big crop in Georgia.  There may be a few small organic farms up in the mountains, but you don't find an internet reference to them.

You give Nick a call...
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: dremendond on April 16, 2009, 05:00:33 PM
Nick

"Hello, Theira? I was going to call you." Nick's voice sounds rough and tired.
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on April 16, 2009, 06:32:53 PM
THeira

"rough night?" I ask noting that he really doesn't sound good.  "I called out today. I .. I think I maybe going a little crazy.   I've had a strange dream last night."  I stop a moment and then ask. "Can we get together today. It sounds like you could use a friend and honestly I need to talk about things.  Maybe we could go to a park or something somewhere we can talk undesturbed."

I wait for him to think on it.
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: dremendond on April 16, 2009, 07:39:59 PM
Nick

"That sounds good." Nick paused for a moment. "I could use someone to talk to as well. "I also need to ask you some questions, if you are up for it anyways."

OOC - Nick suggests a nearby park, maybe a place that has ice cream? I could, er I mean Nick could use some ice cream. :-)
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 16, 2009, 07:46:05 PM
Piedmont park is a large park in the center of Downtown Atlanta (and there are some places for ice cream). 
(http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles21006.jpg)
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on April 16, 2009, 08:03:02 PM
Theira

"That sounds great. When can you meet me I'm free all day." I answer  "I love ice cream and hotdogs.
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: dremendond on April 16, 2009, 10:10:01 PM
Nick

"Anytime works, I'm free today as well, unless another emergency comes up." Let's say in an hour?"
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on April 16, 2009, 10:20:18 PM
Theira

"that sounds great" I say and make arrangements with him as to where to meet. I will bring a light blanket in case we decide to sit in the park rather than just walking.
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 17, 2009, 04:53:53 PM
Then, let us move to the park.
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: dremendond on April 23, 2009, 08:12:29 PM
Nick

Is calling Theira.

"This is Nick. It looks like I need to postpone the ice cream. I've been called to an accident, the exciting life of an EMT. Depending on what the situation is and the paperwork we are probably looking at dinner. I'm fine with hot dogs and ice cream for that as well. Sorry for the last minute call."
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on April 24, 2009, 02:23:24 AM
Theira

"alright Nick, I understand.  I'm going to stay at the park and when you finish call me and we can meet." I will say and let him go.

I will find a place where I can look out over the water and maybe take a nap (a safe place of course)
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 26, 2009, 03:45:54 AM
Piedmont park (especially in the Spring-Autumn) is a place where a lot of people go to run and picnic.  There is also a great dog park.  It's not necessarily safe to fall asleep, but you can easily relax and close your eyes for a while (it is public, and patrolled).

As you close your eyes, your muscles relax as the sun warms your skin.  The drumming beat of the runners helps relax you further.  The cooling grass seems to wrap around you like a blanket as your mind releases the pain of the last few days. 

He is hunting even now.  His hunger grows with each feeding.

Your vision flashes.  You see someone in a bed, an IV hanging above them.  A shadow moves across the room touching the person in bed.  You see motes of light floating out of the person's head, and into the shadow. 
Rolling 1d100:
(44): Total = 44
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 26, 2009, 03:46:14 AM
You get a nauseating feeling as you feel the person's die.
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on April 26, 2009, 04:53:39 AM
Theira

 I am going to focus on the person I see in the vision and try to get a good look at him so that I can identify him
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 27, 2009, 07:32:57 PM
The dead person is a woman, and you feel that what is left is just a husk.  The shadow drifts away, moving around the emergency room.  Yes, that is where you are, an emergency room.
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: Dranthor on April 27, 2009, 08:25:22 PM
Theira

I want to look at the shadow and see what if anything I can make out that would help me identify it later.
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 28, 2009, 01:09:18 AM
Rolling 1d100:
(92): Total = 92
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on April 28, 2009, 01:10:18 AM
You feel the hot breath of decay as it say, "I see you little girl.  I'll be coming for you next."
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on May 18, 2009, 01:19:12 AM
Go over to the The Vigil (http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=3985.msg122007#msg122007).
Title: Re: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
Post by: rmax on June 02, 2009, 03:52:36 PM
You listen to Elijah and Dex talk about plans as you begin to drift off.  You want to see the future so badly, to know what is to come. 

You see a reporter debunking the video clips from the vigil, but you also see people watching it over the internet as the video becomes viral very quickly.  Experts debate, and even FBI agents give testimony that the tapes have been tampered with.  But people are visual creatures, and gulable.  You see fundamentalist ministers talking about how the woman who attacked Rev. Elijah was either possessed by the Devil or a Witch.  You see something, or someone, being burned alive.  It's you, you feel the heat rising around your feet, your legs, your groin,...

Your mind is not strong enough to navigate the future and then find your way home.  Rest and return.