Real Roleplaying Forums

The Archive => The Trophy Case => Stranded in Space (HARP: SciFi) => Topic started by: ob1knorrb on September 13, 2005, 05:21:52 AM

Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 13, 2005, 05:21:52 AM
Ryan DeWitt, a rather friendly fellow, has contacted you all with an offer of work on one of the frontier worlds.  Seems there is always a need for people with medical skills and combat abilities, especially with the recent Silth raids that have been occuring more frequently on the frontier.  Those with other abilities that might prove useful are in demand too.

Ryan has arranged the loan of a ship from one of the frontier worlds, and has hired a pilot (Reegus Rallter) and an engineer (name tba, crayok's character)

You are meeting in the lounge at Far End Space Station to work out the final details before transfering to the Jenny Allen, a small Scoutship for the final leg of your journey.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on September 13, 2005, 03:52:47 PM
"Well, I guess I'm not the only one desperate enough to take a scoutship job.  If I'm here to fly her, that must make you the Engineer," Reegus finished with a wink.

"Name's Reegus.  Looks like we'll be flying together, so I thought I'd meet you here ahead of the cattle to introduce myself.  As long as our new employer hasn't neglected to mention any 'posisble entanglements' along the way, I'm expecting this to be a milk run."

{Oh no... I may have just jinxed us,} Reegus worried to himself as he and the new Engineer shook hands.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 14, 2005, 07:28:30 AM
A rough and ugly man, gets up from the bar and with only the slightest hint of a stagger in his step walks up to Reegus and {name here}.  His breath is aflame with hot liquor and curdled milk, and unfortuatley he stands a litte too close.

"Word is you may be heading out to the fronteer.   Dangerous place."

Pauses expectantly.

"If you need muscle,  I am your man."

Looks intently, almost puppy like.  But with a face like that who can tell intensity from just plain ugly.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 14, 2005, 09:08:30 AM
The Doctor

A small, compact, olive-skinned human with a burn-like scar on the left hand side of his face walks into the lounge.  He sniffs and rubs his nose with the back of his hand as he takes in the scene with one glance and walks confidently up to the bar.  

The short guy is wearing a flared white suit with an open necked black shirt.  The suit is very sharp and well tailored, if a little behind on current fashion trends.  He looks very alert as he orders his drinks in a fast, accented but well educated manner.

He knocks back the first brandy in one gulp then adds some ice to his second, larger one as he turns and looks more closely at the people around him.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 14, 2005, 01:50:09 PM
The Noble

A short man (can't be more than five and a half feet) dressed in black (befitting his seemingly foul mood) sits in the corner surveying the room quietly.  His short dark hair, capping his round face, is freshly trimmed.  Clean shaven, his dark eyes watch the events unfolding around him.  What is that feeling coming from his eyes?  Malice?  Foreboding?  Whatever it is, it's dark and cold, possibly even calculating.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 16, 2005, 01:57:34 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Sep 14 2005, 09:08 AM)
The Doctor

He knocks back the first brandy in one gulp then adds some ice to his second, larger one as he turns and looks more closely at the people around him.
At a table next to the wall fairly close to the door you see a couple of people sitting, that's the area Ryan said he would likely be, but neither of them matches the holo-photo that came with the job offer.  There is another fairly large fellow that has walked up to them and is talking to them.  He appears to be holding in his hand a holo-sheet that looks very similar to the one you received.

[size=8]Successful Perception roll[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 16, 2005, 07:46:05 AM
The Doctor

The man in the white suit seems quite happy to keep his own company at the bar.  He is looking around but does not allow his gaze to linger long enough on any one person to be deemed impolite.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 16, 2005, 01:22:55 PM
The Noble

Baron Toulaan surveys the room casually, seeing the typical bar scene.  Letting his eyes continue to roam he spots the party near the door and continues his scan of the room.  Non-chalantly he shifts his hearing to the middle of the table housing the discussion between the three near the door.

OOC: using mental focus to activate clairaudience.  Might need the PEPs later.  I suppose Toulan being a psionic makes him a PEPpy fellow?  :lol:  <_<
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on September 16, 2005, 04:13:43 PM
Entering the room is a man of fair appearance with an air of approachability yet professionalism.  He is dressed in fine, but not pretentious, business attire and strides with confidence to a central location within the room.   In a clear voice he speaks aloud, his arms open wide in greeting, "Welcome all. If I may interrupt you all for but a moment, my name is Ryan DeWitt.  For all those of you who are here in response to the opportunities which I have made available, please join me in the back room so we may have a bit of privacy. For the rest, please pardon my interruption."  His smile is pleasant and sincere.  Ryan motions towards the private room in the back as one of the servers holds the door open.

Ryan then pauses to speak with the manager of the lounge quietly.  As he finishes his private words he shakes the gentleman's hand and pats him lightly on the shoulder.  Moving towards the door slowly he casually observes the individuals who are considering this opportunity.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 16, 2005, 06:06:10 PM
Toulaan

Toulaan waits for a couple of people to enter the room then rises gracefully and proceeds toward the room.  Once inside he selects a chair that noone is sitting next to yet.

After taking a few moments to become comfortable he scans Ryan's surface thoughts (Tier 2 Scan, using mental focus instead of PEPs) about the upcoming meeting.   "Always best to be prepared." he thinks to himself as he calms his mind.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on September 16, 2005, 06:08:44 PM
"Well, looks like this party is finally ready to get started," Reegus commented to the Prescott.

"Guess I'll see you in the inner sanctum," he joked as he made his way to where the others were now congregating.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 18, 2005, 05:09:26 PM
"Well wait for me I'm coming too"  he said as he trundles along behind.  Slightly flustered and confused that he addressed the wrong people... he worked hard on the introduction, now he had to think on his feet.  This was not his strong suit.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 19, 2005, 12:56:47 PM
The Doctor:

The man in the suit lingers at the bar, signalling for another 2 drinks as he examines everyone who gets up at Mr DeWitt's summons.  He follows the last of them into the private area after repeating his drinks ritual.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on September 19, 2005, 06:57:43 PM
As the last of the interested individuals enter the room Ryan motions to seats on either side of a long rectangular table. He moves himself to the head of the table facing the door and allows the others to choose their seats as they wish.  As the final few hesitate to be seated Ryan looks upon them as if he had been hurt, but then comments - "As you wish... The opportunity before you is enough to get you to a meeting, but not enough for you to be seated." Shrugging his shoulders, "I guess to each their own."

To the lounge staff he adds, "Place a setting for each regardless if you don't mind."

He then waits as the staff completes the setting of the table and then brings forth a collection of large serving platters, each filled with quality prepared staple foods. None of it is exotic, but the presentation and preparation show to be good quality. The staff then brings in a series of bottles of wine and moves to pour them when Ryan interrups, "Please, no. We can serve ourselves. If you could take any specific drink orders quickly and allow us our privacy it would be most greatly appreciated."

Ryan then waits for the individual drink orders to be completed and while waiting he pours himself a small portion from each bottle - tossing it back before moving to the next. He speaks not a word concerning this action, but it is clear that he is both tasting the quality and also ensuring the nervous that there are no ill intentions.  Once the staff is done he thanks them and motions for Prescott to close the door.

"Now, we can begin. I first wish to thank you all for showing your interest in this endeavor.  As I have already informed you, my name is Ryan DeWitt. To date all you know of this endeavor is that it involves traveling to a frontier location. The facts I will present to you at this time."

"My employers have a business interest in a new outpost.  They have made a significant investment and wish to see that investment protected, if not enhanced.  This outpost unfortuntately has run into a bit of difficulty with the local wildlife - most notably a segment of primate population that appears to be more intelligent than your average run of the mill gorilla while also significantly more vicious. Our mission is to simply deal with the threat, and provide whatever aid is required to the outpost."

"For this mission I have already contracted with a pilot and engineer - Reegus and Prescott." Ryan motions to each in turn. "The rest of you are free to leave at this time, or if you still are interested, stay and enjoy this meal.  You are welcome to ask any questions that you may have and I will answer as best I can - however, by the time our meal here is complete I will need to have a firm commitment from each of you that wishes to sign on."  Ryan smiles as he reaches forward, "Now, feel free to help yourself to these delicious offerings and ask any questions you may have."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 19, 2005, 08:17:18 PM
The Doctor:

Apart from being the last to move the man in the white suit shows no reluctance in taking a seat and sampling the fare.  As you might expect froma  practiced drinker he continues with the same beverage of choice and drinks them in the same way.  One straight, then one with ice.  

Despite the alcohol being consumed, his clear, olive complexion remains unaffected (so far) by outward signs of intoxication and his movements are still sharp and precise in their manner.  He samples as many dishes as he can, tasting each dish rather than eating to any excess.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 19, 2005, 10:21:30 PM
Lacking al grace and decorum Phill attacks his food, looks up breifly and without shame, says "So you want us to kill monkeys?".

Small pieces of food fly from his mouth and land on the table with his effort.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on September 19, 2005, 10:26:12 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Sep 19 2005, 10:21 PM)
"So you want us to kill monkeys?"
Reegus looks around nervously for a moment (perhaps mumbling something like "ook, ook") before returning to his meal.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 20, 2005, 12:41:26 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Sep 16 2005, 06:06 PM)
Toulaan

After taking a few moments to become comfortable he scans Ryan's surface thoughts (Tier 2 Scan, using mental focus instead of PEPs) about the upcoming meeting.   "Always best to be prepared." he thinks to himself as he calms his mind.
You don't detect anything unusual, surface thoughts pretty much match the speech given a couple minutes later

[OOC]  I need to double check the revised character sheet you sent back to me, but I don't think your character has developed up to tier 2 in any of the psionic disciplines yet.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 20, 2005, 02:08:37 PM
Toulaan takes small portions from each dish to sample.  He watches everyone else, taking mental notes about each, as he slowly (methodically?) picks at the food on his plate.  "Primates you say?  Were there any other intelligent life on this world prior to colonization?  Or were these primates the most advanced intelligence found?"




OOC: I thought all of the fields were tier 3 by the start of the game.  :unsure:  Oop!  Looks like all fields start at tier 1?  :o   My bad.  I'll see about maybe rearringing some skill development to futher develop some of those fields (if that's okay.)
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on September 20, 2005, 06:18:28 PM
Quote from: QUOTE
Lacking al grace and decorum Phill attacks his food, looks up breifly and without shame, says "So you want us to kill monkeys?".

Small pieces of food fly from his mouth and land on the table with his effort.

Ryan smiles politely. "The contract is to deal with the threat posed by the primates - not necessarily kill them. If other options are available we are free to pursue those, however the end result should be the safety and well-being of the outpost."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on September 20, 2005, 11:53:30 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Sep 20 2005, 10:08 AM)

 
Quote from: QUOTE
Toulaan takes small portions from each dish to sample.  He watches everyone else, taking mental notes about each, as he slowly (methodically?) picks at the food on his plate.  "Primates you say?  Were there any other intelligent life on this world prior to colonization?  Or were these primates the most advanced intelligence found?"

Ryan sips from his glass, then dabs at the corners of his mouth - pausing a second longer to ponder - then he responds, "From what I've heard, even to date the primates may be the most intelligent creatures there.  I don't know many details, but the grumblings from my employers suggest that perhaps the colony has not handled things too well.  Part of my job is to determine if things are truly worth salvaging, but however that decision goes, we still have a job to do."

Rising Ryan takes the wine and moves about the table to serve his guests. "Any further curiosities? Now, I'm sure you're all quite content with the wages that have been offered - the contract is pretty good for all of us so I doubt there are concerns in that area."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 21, 2005, 01:45:37 AM
Showing his appreciation phill lets out a small belch followed by a sigh, and without missing a chew says "A dead monkey or what ever you call it can't hurt anyone.  That's pretty safe I figure."

More debris joins the growing pile on the table.  "Good grub by the way, and the booze ain't bad either."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 21, 2005, 05:56:18 AM
Those who happen to be looking in Toulann's general direction see a momentary frown cross his face, perhaps one of the small bites of food he has just taken was not to his liking?

[size=8]Maelstrom, look for a PM from me[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 21, 2005, 01:06:30 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Sep 20 2005, 11:53 PM)
you're all quite content with the wages that have been offered
The Doctor:

The small man's face twists into a slight grimace at the mention of money but he asks his question anyway.

"Mr DeWitt.  Can I assume that my request for medical supplies has been met and that the expense is coming out of your end?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 21, 2005, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Sep 20 2005, 05:53 PM)
Ryan sips from his glass, then dabs at the corners of his mouth - pausing a second longer to ponder - then he responds, "From what I've heard, even to date the primates may be the most intelligent creatures there.  I don't know many details, but the grumblings from my employers suggest that perhaps the colony has not handled things too well.  Part of my job is to determine if things are truly worth salvaging, but however that decision goes, we still have a job to do."
Toulaan

While Phill is speaking Toulaan is obviously noodling something around his head.  Seeing his expression lighten he begins, "For simple animals these things are creating a problem for our employers.  That would mean they are not acting alone but in groups (at the least.)  Given the technology at their disposal I would think that simple primates would not cause a problem for this outpost.  It would seem that these primates are more than just simple animals.  Perhaps they've been altered or there is more to them beneath the surface.  Have our employers given us any information about the nature of these problems the primates are causing them?"

Toulaan pauses for a moment and then adds, "What is so important at this outpost that our employers are going through the time and trouble of hiring us?"




OOC: Before we go too much further, are there any posting conventions the GM would like us to use when posting IC/OOC?
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on September 21, 2005, 01:31:44 PM
Quote from: QUOTE
The Doctor:

The small man's face twists into a slight grimace at the mention of money but he asks his question anyway.

"Mr DeWitt.  Can I assume that my request for medical supplies has been met and that the expense is coming out of your end?"

"Yes. All medical supplies and general provisions will be covered. In addition I have been advised that some ammunition and weaponry would be provided, but I have not yet received the delivery and am unaware of the condition of that gear or even the specific inventory expected."  Ryan answers with an affirming smile.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on September 21, 2005, 01:48:55 PM
Quote from: QUOTE
While Phill is speaking Toulaan is obviously noodling something around his head.  Seeing his expression lighten he begins, "For simple animals these things are creating a problem for our employers.  That would mean they are not acting alone but in groups (at the least.)  Given the technology at their disposal I would think that simple primates would not cause a problem for this outpost.  It would seem that these primates are more than just simple animals.  Perhaps they've been altered or there is more to them beneath the surface.  Have our employers given us any information about the nature of these problems the primates are causing them?"

Toulaan pauses for a moment and then adds, "What is so important at this outpost that our employers are going through the time and trouble of hiring us?"

"There is not much information available at this time on the primates themselves, however they are indeed far more intelligent than the average primate species and extremely vicious. Calling them simple animals would likely be a significant mis-statement."  Ryan works his way back to stand by his seat and sets his glass on the table.

"Perhaps if I explain my own abilities and skills, you might understand part of why I was contracted for this job."  Ryan pauses as he organizes his thoughts a moment. "My training and experience are related to merchant activities. I have been called a 'scout' within my industry. As new regions are explored I am often sent in with a team of individuals - sometimes scientists, sometimes sociologists - whatever the job may call for.  We analyze the region and work from the outposts to identify possible exports that can be cultivated, as well as the imports and resources that will be needed to sustain an operation."  Ryan's eyes move about the room making eye contact with each individual as he speaks.  

"My initial contract was agreed to more than two years ago when the outpost project was first identified.  Unfortunately the recent developments have required that they adjust the scope of my mission, and this has led to my developing a new team to fit the specific needs of this task. Since the wages were previously agreed to and my services were contracted - they chose to simply lay their problems in my lap rather than deal with it themselves.  As for the outpost's value - establishing even the simplest of outposts is an extremely expensive venture and their investment in the outpost is already quite significant.  Additionally, while there is a risk involved with this kind of venture and they could walk away, I believe their interest in addressing the issue suggests that the future business potential of this location appears extremely lucrative."  Pausing directly opposite Toulaan he engages him eye to eye and adds, "Should it be as valuable as I suspect - you can be assured that I will be requesting additional compensation upon the completion of our task."  A thin conspirator's smile spreads momentarily across his face.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 21, 2005, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Sep 21 2005, 07:48 AM)
"Perhaps if I explain my own abilities and skills, you might understand part of why I was contracted for this job."...

Pausing directly opposite Toulaan he engages him eye to eye and adds, "Should it be as valuable as I suspect - you can be assured that I will be requesting additional compensation upon the completion of our task."  A thin conspirator's smile spreads momentarily across his face.
Toulaan

Toulaan chuckles (malevolently?) after Ryan falls silent.
"I'm sure you will.  Since our employer has started the ball rolling, perhaps it's best if we all get to know each other.  I am Baron Toulaan Karza.  Formerly, employed by PsiCorps.  My talents lie in the sensing of minds and manipulation of electronics.  I would suggest that capturing one of these primates alive could provide a veritable treasure trove of information.  I daresay the primates themselves might be the commodity our employers are after."

Toulaan falls silent waiting for the next to speak forth.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 21, 2005, 03:19:29 PM
The Doctor

Reassured by the answer to his question and the subsequent conversation, the white suited man finishes his drink, stands (with only a slight wobble) and inroduces himself.

"I am Doctor Octavius Gribble and as you may have guessed from my question - I have been contracted to provide the team with medical support on this mission.  I will, of course, be providing each of you with a full check-up once we get underway."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 21, 2005, 10:23:37 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Sep 21 2005, 01:25 PM)


OOC: Before we go too much further, are there any posting conventions the GM would like us to use when posting IC/OOC?
The format you've been using is fine
Character name near the top of the posting
It's handy to have things that your character is saying in a different color
Short Out of Character items at the bottom preceeded by OOC:

If you want to indicate that you are requesting a skill roll, it could be included as a different color in brackets (if it isn't obvious from the description)

i.e.

Indiana runs down the corrider [[Running roll to double my normal pace]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 23, 2005, 01:40:41 PM
Toulaan

Toulaan's eyes glaze over as they unfocus or find something interesting on the far side of the universe.  A few seconds later they snap back into focus boring a hole in Ryan.  "Gentlemen.  I fear that this meeting will have to be cut short.  Danger approaches and our safety is in the balance.  We must depart before that danger finds us."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on September 23, 2005, 02:31:30 PM
Ryan looks shocked and momentarily flustered. "I am not sure where you get your information from, but I've heard your input could be invaluable." Turning to the others Ryan motions to the service door, "Any who wish to sign up are urged to depart with us immediately.... to the rest of you good day."  Ryan opens the door and urges them onwards.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 23, 2005, 02:47:17 PM
The Doctor

At ths news the doctor sits back down, takes deep breath and beads of perspiration stand out on his forehead as he visible sobers up in a matter of seconds.  He downs a glass of cold water and says, rising once more.

"I just need to get my stuff from a locker outside the bar.  Where is your ship docked?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on September 23, 2005, 02:58:11 PM
The Pilot

"Look's like the fun is finally ready to start.  The ship's on Docking Platform 27."

Reegus figured that with a bunch of 'motivated' passengers it should only take... a little less than forever to get the ship loaded and cleared for departure.  Once he was back in the Black he'd feel much better.  He might even be up to talking to some of them... maybe.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on September 23, 2005, 03:09:53 PM
Toulaan

Toulaan retrieves his single bag and embarks on the ship at platorm 27.  Before finding his berth he advises Ryan that he should not be disturbed until there is great need (i.e. danger of any kind such as combat or some other emergency.)

He finds his room, turns off the lights and lays down on the bunk.  He closes his eyes as he rests his elbows next to his body with lower arms held vertically.  Placing his fingertips of each hand together he begins to meditate attempting to discover additional information about the pending crisis.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 24, 2005, 01:56:22 AM
Ryan, when you reach the ship, there is a large metal crate sitting by the ship with your name on it, labeled "Supplies".  It is magnetically sealed to the deck, but there is a palm reader attached to it that will presumably release the crate
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on September 25, 2005, 05:18:30 PM
Phill

Phill retrieves a small bag of his belonings from the locker he has been living out of for a week and a half and runs towards the rendezous at the ship, fearfull to be left behind.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 26, 2005, 11:29:07 AM
The Doctor

The doctor saunters in with his personal effects.  He is carrying a large backpack that looks like it has been designed to protect its contents and a small suitcase.  

He notes the supply crate and says to Ryan:

"My medical supplies will need to be secured if you are expecting an interesting take off.  I need a safe place for my backpack too."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on September 27, 2005, 01:38:25 AM
ooc: This is now the 3rd time I am posting this. 1st time work connection went dead, 2nd time battery went dead, lets hope Ryan doesn't end up dead....  :D

This post is assuming that the crate and the magnetic seal are both standard for what Ryan was expecting. If this is not as expected I will revise Ryan's actions.

bic:

Ryan turns to the Doctor,  "Sure thing.... Feel free to secure them as soon as we get them aboard." Ryan finishes with a smile.   Placing his hand upon the crate's palm reader Ryan releases the lock.   "Reegus, go on in and prep the ship.  Phil - help me get this crate on board so the Doc here can get his gear secured."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 27, 2005, 03:11:39 AM
Yes, the crate and palm reader are standard for what you were expecting.  It is the weapons, ammo, and likely a few other goodies needed for the mission.
As soon as it reads your palm, the magnetic seals release.  It can be locked again to the deck of the ship if you like.  You can also add additional people to the reader that can be allowed to unlock the crate.

There are also several lockers available on the ship where equipment can be stored.  Once the door to the locker is closed, there are air bags that will inflate to from the sides, top, and bottom to secure the contents
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on September 27, 2005, 09:59:45 AM
The Doctor

The doctor quickly goes through the medical equipment, resupplying his backpack and placing any spare or duplicated equipment back in its packaging and into a separate locker.  

(ooc:  I have no equipment manual for this genre so you need to let me have a look at what i can have .... otherwise I'll be forced to assume its there when I need it >;>  )
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 27, 2005, 07:04:24 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Sep 27 2005, 09:59 AM)

(ooc:  I have no equipment manual for this genre so you need to let me have a look at what i can have .... otherwise I'll be forced to assume its there when I need it >;>  )
[size=8]For the moment everyone can assume they have whatever equipment they need.  I will be going through the equipment lists and doing up an inventory of what is available once I finish up the characters[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on September 28, 2005, 03:31:20 PM
Prescott Harland - Spaceport, Inside ship[/font]

OOC : To explain why i have not posted since now..
First i was planning on having stayed onboard and not attend the little meeting at lounge
Two i may have been engaged in too many too active games at a time and posting slipped out of my mind when i could have
Three then i've been busy at job and then i got sickbut it's getting better ;)
That now puts me in awkard position to juggle with all that was posted here :( but i'm used to it ;)

IC:
Noticing from where he was in the ship of the arrival of his boss at the the Docking platform, he goes to the ship's passenger's hatch and opens it from the inside, he then walks up to him. You can notice he's not clean at all , very dirty would be closer to reality.
"Welcome back boss."
Eyeng the ragtag people grouping behind Ryan
"'Suppose this will be the rest of the crew."
Waving a hello unformally
"Yo guys, happy to see you, i will be the ship's nurser."
Gazing bact at Ryan
"We got deliveries while you were out boss, some of them were the ship supplies along with the few replacement parts i'd been asking for."

OOC:One question just popped out in my mind as i type , is there a security system to opening the hatch to enter the ship ? If yes of what kind ?

Following Ryan up to the crate
"This one arrived later but i couldn't move it, must be 'for your eyes only'-kind of stuff."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 28, 2005, 05:21:42 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Sep 28 2005, 03:31 PM)

OOC:One question just popped out in my mind as i type , is there a security system to opening the hatch to enter the ship ? If yes of what kind ?
 
Just a very basic lock, a palm print reader similiar to (but not as good as) the one on the crate.  It is currently keyed to the previously hired crewmembers and Ryan.

No problem with the lack of posting activity, happens to all of us from time to time.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on September 30, 2005, 09:34:40 PM
Everyone has now trickled on board and are in the process of stowing gear and settling in.
Reegus has gotten clearance to take off, with some difficulty, there seemed to be some reluctance to grant it.
But, now the hatches are all sealed, the engines are running and the hanger bay doors are opening.  It takes about a minute and a half for the doors to open completely, they are about 90% open when suddenly the hanger is brightly lit with a flashing red alert signal.  The hanger doors stop opening at the same time.

Actions?

Reegus Vocation - Piloting (Crewmember) roll to get clearance - 38 + 41 skill = 79 = 70% action completed.  Follow up roll, 5 + 41 = 35 = 30% action complete, just enough to get clearance.  However, this would normally be a routine action, thus not requiring a maneuver roll, something was definitely up even before the red alert went off
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 01, 2005, 07:10:52 PM
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

I had been checking on systems from the bridge during the taking off when the alarm went on
*whistles*
"Hey boss , ain't no wussie , but was that kind'a crap expected ?"
"Seems like people out'ere wantin' us staying here"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on October 03, 2005, 09:28:03 PM
The Doctor:

Straps himself in tight ....
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on October 04, 2005, 12:05:06 AM
Toulaan

At the sound of the alarms Toulaan secures himself for a bumpy ride.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on October 05, 2005, 10:54:56 AM
The Good/Bad/Ugly (I think all three would work) or simply "The Dutchman"

OOC:
Sorry for being late, but I joined this game last night as Melkors replacement... For description of my PC see OOC section. Hieronymus have'nt said anything yet and does'nt seem to talk a lot.

ob1knorrb
Who am I sharing quarters with?

BIC
Hieronymus starts running for the bridge in case they need a gunner, he keeps his eyes/ears open just in case and is ready to to strap himself/hold on to something should the ride get bumpy. He's got his laser-rifle in his hands and also has the rest of his weapons with him.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: munchy on October 06, 2005, 09:45:13 PM
The Medic

After having put all the supplies in the appropriate cupboards and getting aquainted with the new doctor aboard, the medic checks the data of the ship and mumbles not a very extensive databank and continues unpacking his personal belongings, a picture of his family is glued to the wall with sticky tape and his personal medic bag is packed with all the necessary stuff. The medic then quickly checks that he is still wearing his medicine bag around the neck and rummages through the sickbay to get aquainted with the setting and whereabouts.

As the ship launches and the alarm goes off, the medic quickly straps himself to one of the emergency seats in the sickbay which are there for a reason: sometimes it is not good to keep a patient under surveillance even when the ship is in trouble.
I'm not even half through with all the preparations. *grumble* We haven't even left the system yet.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on October 06, 2005, 10:21:53 PM
The Doctor

To 'the medic':

<scanning with med scanner>

"Hi.  I'm Octavius.  Do you work for me?"[/I]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: munchy on October 06, 2005, 10:44:37 PM
To the doctor, looking a bit amused at the scanner and confused about being scanned.

Ah, doctor. I'm the medic of the ship. I'm skilled in basic medical operations and nursing duties. I'm here to be your extra pair of hands and your assistant. I will try to keep as much of the organising and supply-work in the sickbay away from as possible.
I hope for a good cooperation.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 07, 2005, 04:41:46 AM
Doctor Octavius Gribble and Medic  have strapped themselves in down in the Medical Bay
Toulan has secured himself in his quarters, Zaras has done likewise.
Phill and Ryan are in the cargo bay and grab onto some convenient wall straps and hang on.
Prescott and Hieronymus grab seats on the bridge.
Reegus grins as he guns the ship forward, through the now closing doors and out into Space.  The large gas giant that the Station orbits is visible to the starboard side.  There doesn’t seem to be anything immediately wrong, you look around a little, then Prescott spots what could be some explosions back towards the L4 location where ships arrive in-system.


(Note, the Space station orbits the largest planet in this solar system, which means it is midpoint between the L4 point where ships arrive out of hyperspace, and the L5 point where ships jump to hyperspace.  Both the L4 and L5 locations have small, fairly sparse asteroid fields surrounding them, which is fairly typical, see the OOC thread for more details).




[size=8]Reegus: Piloting Skill Roll:56 + Skill 86 = 142
Prescott: Perception Roll: 93 + Skill 32 – 20 (Hard)= 105
Hieronymus: Perception roll: 35 + Skill 34 – 20 (Hard) = 49
Reegus Perception Roll: 27 + Skill 44 -20 (Hard) = 51[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on October 07, 2005, 06:46:16 AM
The Duchman

to Reegus "From where do i opperate the guns?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 07, 2005, 07:49:47 AM
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

I turn whatever sensors this flying dustbin has towards where i spotted the explosions
"Hey ! Did you notice that ?"
"Seems there's some commotion near L4."

OOC From your post there seems to be 2 Hyeronimus on board :P one in sick bay and one on the bridge ;)

Edit Ooops i had messed up with my name it wasn't prescoot but prescott :P
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on October 07, 2005, 08:20:49 AM
The Frying Dutchman

To Prescoot "No, did'nt see that..."

Then Hieronymus get's ready with the guns (if there are any...)
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 07, 2005, 03:05:12 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Oct 7 2005, 07:49 AM)

OOC From your post there seems to be 2 Hyeronimus on board :P one in sick bay and one on the bridge ;)

 
Oops, fixed that now.  Medic doesn't have a name yet, unless I missed it somewhere.

There is a spot for operating Sensors, and a spot for operating Guns.  At the moment though, there is nothing to shoot at.

I'll look up how sensors work tonight at home and let you know how you made out.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on October 07, 2005, 06:54:21 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(jaysek @ Oct 7 2005, 06:46 AM)
The Duchman

to Reegus "From where do i opperate the guns?"
OOC: I am so sorry about being this late.  I kept waiting for an e-mail notice that posts had resumed but never got one... so I've just been biding my time drooling over my latest character sheet in anticipation of playing.  I finally ran out of patience and came looking for a PM link to ask when we'd get going... and lo!  There are a ton of posts!!  Apparently I'll need to check this game manually from now on ;).

IC:
Reegus, the Pilot

"The turrent is accessed from Shaft B on mid-decks.  There's nothing to start shooting at yet, but it seems like a good idea to be prepared."

OOC: Can the weapons be operated from the pilot's station, or do they require a Gunner on-station?
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 07, 2005, 11:01:24 PM
They could be operated from the Pilot's station, but it is better to have a dedicated Gunner.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on October 07, 2005, 11:28:59 PM
Ryan looks over at Phil, "Never a dull day... Looks like we get to see what everyone's got in their bag of tricks right from the start."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on October 08, 2005, 03:46:42 AM
Phill - in the cargo area

"So who are we shooting at? And which way to the turrets?"

Looks around and get ready to be usefull, he just doesn't quite know how right now.
spends a moment pondering bags that have tricks in them.

"If I get to shoot something, today is going to be a very good day."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 08, 2005, 03:47:45 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Oct 7 2005, 07:49 AM)
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

I turn whatever sensors this flying dustbin has towards where i spotted the explosions
"Hey ! Did you notice that ?"
"Seems there's some commotion near L4."

"Now, which of these buttons on this panel works the sensors? Hmmmm..." [/color]
[size=8]Prescott Signalling Roll: 58 + Skill -25 = 33[/size]

[OOC] Sadly, I think I missed the fact that Sensors are handled with the signaling skill, so most of you probably don't have it, although I'm sure someone got it as part of a training package...  I need to do up a summary sheet for myself with everyone's skills on it.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on October 08, 2005, 09:22:07 AM
The Dutchman:

On his way to the main turret.
"OK, let's have a look at those sensors, shall we? although I don't pretend to be an expert (signaling skill 12), I'm sorry to say that you're way off, see... over here...." "And get someone to opperate the defence systems!"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 08, 2005, 10:03:16 AM
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

As i swear profusely
"Crap ! Should have taken this optional in Sensor Operation back in university. Too bad repairing ain't be helpful at using it."

"Sensors all yours mr gunner. No stressing for shields pal, THAT i know to use. Lest pray though caus' been a long time since i last i had to use these."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on October 08, 2005, 12:10:15 PM
Pilot - Reegus

Mumbling to himself - "I have a bad feeling about this."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 08, 2005, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(jaysek @ Oct 8 2005, 09:22 AM)
The Dutchman:

On his way to the main turret.
"OK, let's have a look at those sensors, shall we? although I don't pretend to be an expert (signaling skill 12), I'm sorry to say that you're way off, see... over here...." "And get someone to opperate the defence systems!"

From the amazing amount of information you gather from the sensors, it is instantly obvious that you aren't in immediate danger. From what you picked up, it seems that a large group of Silth fighters, around 20 have jumped into the system at high speed.  A few seem to have impacted the asteroids that are in the area of the L4 point.  This occurred about an hour ago, maybe slightly more. There is a small group of Federation ships posted at the L4 point, they managed to take out a few more of the Silth fighters.  Most of the surviving Silth fighters are flying towards the Space Station with the Federation fighters in hot pursuit, but the Silth were already moving at top speed and the Federation is starting from a stand still.  The Silth fighters have fired a volley of missiles at the Space Station and there are additional Federation fighters at the Station that are preparing to engage. There are 15 Federation fighters in each group, so they should be able to handle the Silth, but things could be ugly for awhile.  The explosion you saw was some Federation missiles intercepting some of the incoming Silth missiles.
You do detect that there are at least a couple of Silth fighters that are moving directly from the L4 point to the L5 point rather than heading towards the Space Station.  It appears that you should be able to beat them there, depending on how much you decelerate before you get there and whether they fire any missiles at you along the way.  They likely won't detect that you are heading towards the L5 point for quite some time (unless they also end up with an open ended Signalling roll).  Assuming of course that you choose to head that way.
 You've picked up enough information from the sensors that you will be able to calculate the times for likely scenarios fairly accurately.


[ October 8, 2005, 7:33 am ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 96. Reason : The Dutchman Signaling Roll.
[ October 8, 2005, 7:34 am ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 93. Reason : The Dutchman: Followup Open Ended Signalling.
Total = 96+93 + 12 =211
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on October 08, 2005, 03:54:11 PM
The Dutchman

Informs the rest of the people on the bridge, especially those who seem more used to calculations than he is. He stays with the sensors until someone he thinks of as more suited shows up, or until he should be maning the main gun.

to everyone who'll listen:
"I think we should man the missile protection and shield systems first, then I'll take the guns if neccesary, don't know if we should help those federal bastards or make a run for it though, if we start running now, we'll probably be able to get to the L5 gate before the Silths, anyhow, this station will take a couple of missiles in a short while, so we should get out of here fast... this'll be nasty quite soon."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on October 08, 2005, 07:13:00 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(munchy @ Oct 6 2005, 10:44 PM)
basic medical operations and nursing duties. I'm here to be your extra pair of hands and your assistant.
The Doctor:

The Doctor's upper lip raises in what could be taken for either a smile or a sneer as he continues to scan his subordinate.  

"Just as long as you remember who's in charge, nurse.  Give me your arm for your standard immunity booster for colonial diseases.  You can then administer one to the rest of the crew."


He gets a blister pack with three green stripes on it, pops out one of the single use nanotechnology infusers and administers the shot.  If no warnings have been issued he sends the nurse out to work.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on October 10, 2005, 05:59:37 PM
Before the ride gets to incredibly bumpy, Toulaan pulls the suit from the locker and dons it as quickly as he can then attempts to calm his nerves to await any further revelations.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on October 11, 2005, 01:11:07 AM
Ryan - Leaving the Cargo Bay

"Phill, I think it's time we suited up. Come on and I'll show you to your station." As Ryan reaches the lockers he grabs out a pair of suits and passes one to Phill. Pointing towards the gunner position, "Have at it, and enjoy your day."

Ryan moves to the bridge and reports in. "Reegus, I've got the decoys should they be needed, but I'd feel much better if you just got us out of here before we need them."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on October 11, 2005, 01:31:43 AM
Reegus - The Pilot

"I'm punching it for the exit vector now.  As soon as these coordinates are locked I'm going to suit up and then prepare to jump."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on October 11, 2005, 03:08:43 PM
Phill (at the gunners station)

Quickly dons suit, powers on the control systems and prepares to fire.  Then waits...
"C'mmon get here quick, waiting sucks!" he mutters.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 12, 2005, 02:57:57 AM
The additional calculations from the sensor readings are in.
Your ship, the Jenny Allen, is currently 1AU from the L4 Jump Point and you are starting from a stand still
The Silth fighters entered the system slightly more than an hour ago at full speed at the L4 Jump Point, they have travelled .5AU so far.  There are three fighters heading directly to the L5 jump point. It is 1.772 AUs from L4 to L5, the fighters have them same top speed as you, .07C or .5AU per hour, so currently they are 1.25 AU away from L5 (the extra .022 covers the extra few minutes over one hour).
It takes the Jenny Allen an hour to hit top speed and she travels .25AU in that hour.  That puts you .75AU away from L5.  The Silth fighters will have travelled another .5 AU and will also be .75AU away from L5. A little trig calculation puts you about .38AU apart at that point. Assuming all the ships travel at top speed for another hour, you are then all .25AU away from the L5 point, and about .125 AU apart, which is 18,750,000 KM.  You normally wouldn't expect the Silth fighters to be carrying missiles that had a range of more than 10,000,000 KM, but the fighters that launched missiles at the Space Station fired from around 100,000,000 KM away. Missiles with that sort of range are big and expensive, so it's quite likely that only the fighter craft designated for attacking the Space Station would be carrying them.
So, it really comes down to the last .25AU.  Assuming all ships either keep traveling at full speed, or are all decelerating, then you are within missile range when you get to .1AU away from L5.  Where it gets interesting is if you start decelerating at different times.
Note, ship to ship weapon combat (Lasers and Autocannons) doesn't even become remotely feasible until you are under 2000KM apart.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on October 13, 2005, 06:45:55 PM
The Dutchman
Is sensing away (especially from L4 to and around L5)... But will get ready to his post as soon as he feels danger growing near.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 14, 2005, 02:59:48 AM
You've got lots of time to work the sensors as you approach the decision point.  About the only new thing you learn is that there is a civilian passenger liner that is also headed to the L5 Jump Point.
You arrive at the  .25 AU point where you need to decide what you are going to do next.

The passenger liner is ahead of you,  it is decelerating and looks like it plans to come to almost a complete stop before making the jump. It still has about 40 minutes left before it gets to L5.  The Silth fighters are just slightly behind of you, two of them have started decelerating, one has not.


There are three likely plans of action for you at this point.  You can start decelerating immediately so that you will be able to come to nearly a complete stop when you hit L5.  However, this means that the three Silth fighters can definitely be at the jump point waiting for you.  It also means that the Silth fighter that is not decelerating could make it to the jump point before the passenger liner can jump.

At the other extreme, you could continue towards the L5 jump point at full speed, thus guaranteeing that you will beat the Silth fighters, with the exception of possibly have a missile or two to deal with.  However, since it would only take you 30 minutes to reach the jump point at top speed, you would also leave the passenger liner to the mercy of the Silth. It also means a fairly difficult maneuver to Jump.

The third choice is to split the difference.  If you continue at top speed for just slightly more than 7 minutes, then do a constant deceleration until you hit L5, then you arrive at the same time as the passenger liner and be traveling at just under 50% of your top speed.  You should be able to keep the Silth fighter occupied so the passenger liner can jump, and you will have an easier jump than if you were moving faster. Of course you'll also have at least one Silth fighter to deal with.  (You could also start decelerating now, then stop decelerating when you hit half speed. I'm not that the math is exactly the same but close enough)

Of course, should the Silth decide to do something unexpected, then plans could change :)



[ October 13, 2005, 7:23 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 64. Reason : Dutchman Signalling.  64+12 =76
[ October 13, 2005, 7:24 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 86. Reason : Dutchman Signalling Followup. 86+12=98
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 14, 2005, 08:51:05 PM
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

Looking inquiringly at Ryan
"So Boss , what do we do now ?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on October 16, 2005, 03:05:38 AM
Ryan  sighs deeply, "Part of me is itching to tell you to go full speed and let them worry about themselves, but I'm not sure I can live with that."  Ryan looks around the crew, pauses a moment and then announces. "I can't promise any more money, and I know this wasn't part of the job you were hired for, but unless there's an objection - let's run some interference and see what we can do to help them escape."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on October 16, 2005, 03:53:19 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Bridge

"By your command," Reegus winked to Ryan.

"I'll try to cut our arrival close so that we stay as far ahead of those fighters as we can, but without blowing past the liner.  If we get a little lucky we may only have to fight off that one speedy ship for a minute or two before we can all Jump outta here."

{I still have a bad feeling about this,} he worried to himself.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on October 16, 2005, 03:25:19 PM
The dutchman

"OK, I'll buckle up then" Then he leaves for his station..
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 16, 2005, 07:07:34 PM
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

Acquiescing at Ryan
"Roger that Boss , let's give these slith a ride."

Then ibuckle up and begin to check up and operate the force shields.

"You know what ? The better shape we come out of this the better sill be the bottle i'll let you have a share of ... and i am knowledgeable about that.." on a cheerful tone
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on October 18, 2005, 10:03:34 PM
The Doctor:

"You know, nurse.  Maybe the shots can wait."



The doctor suits up and prays to whatever gods might wish to take his soul ...
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: munchy on October 19, 2005, 05:43:13 PM
The Medic mumbles something like darn docs, always the same, knowitalls, into his beard and suits up, too.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 21, 2005, 05:14:14 AM
Well, the good news is that your plan seems to be working!  Fortunately the two Silth fighters that had been decelerating have continued to decelerate and are now no longer a concern.  The other Silth fighter has matched your deceleration manuevers and is racing with you towards the L5 jump point.  You figure that your plan is working because the fighter has just fired off a salvo of three missiles and they are heading towards the Jenny Allen and not the passenger liner.  Should be arriving in just over four minutes. Don't you love it when a plan comes together.  :blink:  You've had time to prepare for this, so you jump into action...
To be continued...
[/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 22, 2005, 10:27:24 PM
Turn 1

Sadly, as you jump into action, your lack of experience working as a team seems hinder your ability to act effectively.  Fortunately you get the jump on the Silth and get your defensive maneuvers done in time to affect the missile launch, unfortunately your maneuvers less effective than you had hoped and the missiles manage to lock on.  Now it appears the Silth fighter is going to launch another round of missiles. The missiles will take 4 turns plus change to reach you.
[/color]

Inititive rolls for Pilot's, 1D10 + Qu Stat Bonus + In Stat Bonus
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 1:46 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 21. Reason : Silth Pilot Initiative.
[ October 22, 2005, 1:47 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 24. Reason : Reegus Initiative.
[/size]

Reegus decides to fly defensively
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 1:58 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 4. Reason : Reegus Piloting Skill Roll.[/size]
+4 for die roll
+86 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+50 in Combat Pilot skill ( Actually +52 but I think can only be used to cancel penalty, not to give a bonus)
= 80
Looking up 80 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives -15 DB, oops!
Reegus also has the Instinctive Evasion talent, so that gives another +20 DB
Total = +5 DB

Prescott decides to boost the sheilds
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 2:35 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 8. Reason : Prescott Engineering (Magneto-gravitic) roll.[/size]
+8 for die roll
+78 for Engineering (Magneto-gravitic)
-0 for Medium maneuver (Turn based combat is Medium maneuver, round based combat is Very Hard (-40))
= 86
Looking up 86 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives -10 bonus (are you guys working for the Silth?)

The ever silent Zaras (who has undergone a bit of a career transplant) will try his hand at Electronic Counter Measures using his newly aquired skills in Signalling.
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 2:41 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 57. Reason : Zaras Signalling roll.[/size]
+57 for die roll
+52 for Signalling skill
-0 for Medium maneuver (Turn based combat is Medium maneuver, round based combat is Very Hard (-40))
= 109
Looking up 109 on the Bonus column of the Maneuver table gives a +5 bonus


Over on the Silth fighter
The pilot decides to fly offensively
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 2:52 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 21. Reason : Silth Pilot Piloting roll.[/size]
+21 die roll
+70 for Piloting Skill
-50 for Combat Piloting
+40 for Combat Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
= 71
Looking up 71 on the Bonus column of the Maneuver table gives a -15 bonus

The gunner decides to fire a salvo of 3 missiles at the Jenny Allen
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 2:59 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 46. Reason : Silth Gunner Gunnery roll.[/size]
+46 die roll
+60 Gunnery Skill
+20 Missile's Weapon Rating
+40 Maneuverability Rating of the Starfighter
-15 for Pilots "bonus"
= 151 OB

Jenny's DB:
+30 Armor Rating
+30 Shield Rating
+30 Maneuverabilty Rating
+20 Electronic Warfare Rating
+5 Reegus Piloting
-10 Prescott Shielding
+5 Zaras Electronic Warfare
= 110 DB

Total Attack roll = 151 OB - 110 DB = 41.  Result is greater than 1, so the missiles have successfully locked onto Jenny Allen and are on their way.

[/color][/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 22, 2005, 11:01:49 PM
Turn 2

You decide that you will have time to deal with the incoming missiles as they get closer and that you are better off trying to avoid getting locked on to by the second set of missiles.  You do better than previously, but unfortunately so do the Silth and you now have six missiles locked on and headed towards you. This second set will also take 4 turns and change to reach you.
[/color]

Inititive rolls for Pilot's, 1D10 + Qu Stat Bonus + In Stat Bonus
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 3:35 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 13. Reason : Silth Pilot Initiative.

[ October 22, 2005, 3:37 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 27. Reason : Reegus Initiative.
[/size]

Reegus continues to fly defensively
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 3:39 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 29. Reason : Reegus Piloting Skill Roll.[/size]
+4 for die roll
+86 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+50 in Combat Pilot skill ( Actually +52 but I think can only be used to cancel penalty, not to give a bonus)
= 105
Looking up 105 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives +5 DB, oops!
Reegus also has the Instinctive Evasion talent, so that gives another +20 DB
Total = +25 DB

Prescott decides to boost the sheilds
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 3:40 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 8. Reason : Prescott Engineering (Magneto-gravitic) roll.[/size]
+8 for die roll (again!)
+78 for Engineering (Magneto-gravitic)
-0 for Medium maneuver
= 86
Looking up 86 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives -10 bonus

Zaras continues Electronic Counter Measures
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 3:42 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 87. Reason : Zaras Signalling roll.[/size]
+87 for die roll
+52 for Signalling skill
-0 for Medium maneuver
= 139
Looking up 139 on the Bonus column of the Maneuver table gives a +20 bonus


Over on the Silth fighter
The pilot decides to fly offensively
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 3:44 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 85. Reason : Silth Pilot Piloting roll.[/size]
+85 die roll
+70 for Piloting Skill
-50 for Combat Piloting
+40 for Combat Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
= 135
Looking up 135 on the Bonus column of the Maneuver table gives a +20 bonus

The gunner decides to fire another salvo of 3 missiles at the Jenny Allen
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 3:45 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 59. Reason : Silth Gunner Gunnery roll.[/size]
+59 die roll
+60 Gunnery Skill
+20 Missile's Weapon Rating
+40 Maneuverability Rating of the Starfighter
+20 for Pilots "bonus"
= 199 OB

Jenny's DB:
+30 Armor Rating
+30 Shield Rating
+30 Maneuverabilty Rating
+20 Electronic Warfare Rating
+25 Reegus Piloting
-10 Prescott Shielding
+20 Zaras Electronic Warfare
= 145 DB

Total Attack roll = 199 OB - 145 DB = 54.  Result is greater than 1, so the second set of missiles have successfully locked onto Jenny Allen.

[/color][/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 22, 2005, 11:32:08 PM
Turn 3
The Silth Fighter is out of missiles and won't be in close combat range until quite some time after the missiles have either hit the Jenny Allen or have been avoided. Reegus does some fancy flying that manages to confuse the closest missile, which loses it's lock and wanders off. Prescott launches half of Jenny's dozen decoys, but to no effect.  Zaras manages to jam another of the close missiles, taking it out of the combat.
[/color]



Reegus attempts to dodge the missiles through inspired flying
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 4:08 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 91. Reason : Reegus Piloting Skill Roll.
[/size]
+91 for die roll
+86 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+50 in Combat Pilot skill
-60 (-10 x 6 missiles)
= 107
Result is over 100, so one missile has been dodged. (for every additional 20 points over 100 an additional missile gets dodged)


Prescott decides to use half of Jenny's decoys in an attempt to confuse the missiles
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 4:17 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 28. Reason : Prescott Piloting Skill Roll.[/size]
+28 for die roll
+25 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+0 in Combat Pilot skill ( Might need to take that next leve)
-50 (-10 x 5 missiles), giving you a break and not counting the dodged one.
+60 (+10 x 6 decoys)
= 3
Not even close


Zaras trys to jam the missiles
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 4:22 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 84. Reason : Zaras Signalling roll.[/size]
+84 for die roll
+52 for Signalling skill
+20 for Jenny's EW rating
-0 for Medium maneuver
-50 (-10 x 5 missiles)
= 106
Result is over 100, so another missile loses it's lock.
[/color][/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 22, 2005, 11:58:12 PM
Turn 4
Reegus and Zaras do their best to shake the remaining missiles.  Prescott decides it is better to wait to deploy the remaining decoys as they will be more effective if a couple more missiles can be taken out of the picture first.
Unfortunately the efforts to shake the remaining missiles are not entirely successful, although the lead missile does wander off course for awhile then regains it's course, falling back to join the second group of missiles, buying the Jenny a little time.
[/color]



Reegus attempts to dodge the missiles through inspired flying
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 4:36 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 60. Reason : Reegus Piloting Skill Roll.
[/size]
+60 for die roll
+86 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+50 in Combat Pilot skill
-40 (-10 x 4 missiles)
= 96
Result is under 100, so no missiles are dodged


Prescott decides to hold off on using the rest of the decoys, figuring they will be more effective if a couple more missiles can be sidetracked first.


Zaras trys to jam the missiles
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 4:41 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 54. Reason : Zaras Signalling roll.[/size]
+54 for die roll
+52 for Signalling skill
+20 for Jenny's EW rating
-0 for Medium maneuver
-40 (-10 x 4 missiles)
= 86
Result is under 100, so no missiles are jammed.

GM fudging (to make his life easier) and declares that although the jamming and dodging are not successful in breaking the leading missile's lock, the rolls are good enough that it does get momentarily confused and slows down enough that it will arrive a turn late, at the same time as the other three missiles.
[/color][/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 23, 2005, 12:07:16 AM
Turn 5
Reegus pulls off a couple of stomach churning spins and manages to shake loose two more missiles.  Unfortunately he also shakes loose Zaras who has no luck with the jamming because his head is still spinning.
[/color]



Reegus continues to dodge the missiles.
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 4:59 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 92. Reason : Reegus Piloting Skill Roll.
[/size]
+92 for die roll
+86 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+50 in Combat Pilot skill
-40 (-10 x 4 missiles)
= 128
Result is over 100, and an addition 20 over so 2 missiles are dodged


Prescott still holds off on using the rest of the decoys.

Zaras trys to jam the missiles
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 5:02 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 14. Reason : Zaras Signalling roll.[/size]
+14 for die roll
+52 for Signalling skill
+20 for Jenny's EW rating
-0 for Medium maneuver
-20 (-10 x 2 missiles)
= 66
Result is under 100 , so no missiles are jammed.

[/color][/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on October 23, 2005, 12:17:32 AM
Reegus - Pilot

"Sorry about that, Zaras," Reegus calls back to the general vicinity of the ECM station.  "Everyone be sure to buckle up, cuz' I'm going to get to try this one more time!"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 23, 2005, 12:22:16 AM
Turn 6 (last full turn before moving to round based combat)
A couple more spins and a roll and Reegus shakes the last two missiles.
After catching his breath, Zaras does a scan to try and relocate the Silth fighter but can't find it.

You've got a little recovery time before you get close enough to the jump point to engage the Silth fighter directly.  The good news is that by forcing the Silth to use up it's missiles you are almost certain that the passenger liner can safely make the jump.  Unless, maybe, what if, the Silth figher has gunned his engines again and is accelerating towards the jump point? ....
[/color]




Reegus continues to dodge the missiles.
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 5:09 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 84. Reason : Reegus Piloting Skill Roll..
[/size]
+84 for die roll
+86 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+50 in Combat Pilot skill
-20 (-10 x 4 missiles)
= 140
Result is over 100, and an additional 40 over so 3 missiles are dodged (well, two since that is all that is left)

Post combat scan
[size=8][ October 22, 2005, 5:15 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 8. Reason : Zaras signalling roll.[/size]
8 + 52 = 60 fail
[/color][/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 24, 2005, 09:12:44 PM
[ooc] There's probably about five minutes of game time for your characters to do things before the next part of the combat commences.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on October 24, 2005, 09:38:39 PM
Reegus - Pilot

"It looks like only a couple minutes till we approach the jump point... and possibly our missing fighter again.  So smoke 'em if you got 'em!"

"And is anyone onboard qualified to take a look at these sensors?  I think they're on the fritz... and we'd better get a lock on that fighter again soon.  It might be out of missles... I hope... but you can bet it's got guns."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 24, 2005, 10:24:27 PM
Zaras
"I think I found him, he's still heading to the jump point and matching our speed.  We're definitely going to have to go a couple rounds with him before we can jump.  Looks like he's out of missiles though, still has a small Laser, a bit better than ours, but no auto cannons"


[size=8][ October 24, 2005, 3:16 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 81. Reason : Zaras Signalling roll.
81+52 = 133[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 25, 2005, 08:50:03 AM
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

Trying to be cheerful
"Then all we need is to keep him from disabling us within this "couple rounds" , none too complicated to achieve."
"Awww com'on , no big deal."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on October 26, 2005, 02:10:49 AM
Phill
(at the gun turretts)


Why did I quit smoking... I used to like smoking...
Wish I had one now.  Sure would kill some time.

Phill figgits and waits...
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on October 26, 2005, 01:41:57 PM
The Dutchman
(at whatever other gun turrets, lighting a cigar)

"Hmmm.. I was saving that for an occation, but this might be my last chance for such a nice cigar... puff, puff..."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 27, 2005, 01:10:43 PM
Prescott Harland - Shiip's Bridge[/font]

Over the comm system
"I don't hear much optimism there guys ! Space's cold enough , no need to bring the chill in here ! I'll treat you to a fine warm beverage once this's over !"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on October 27, 2005, 04:20:44 PM
Reegus - Pilot

"OK guys, smokin' time is over.  You guys on the guns, you want me to press an attack, or would we be better off just flying defensive cover until the liner and Jenny can both jump?"

"I'm thinkin' we light the fires on this guy, as long as we're evenly matched, and frag him as quick as possible... it might even scare off his buddies, then we can all jump in peace."

"But that'll be up to whether you guys are feeling cozy with the gun systems on this bucket."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on October 27, 2005, 05:17:15 PM
Phill (mannng guns)


Never met a gun I didn't like, and can't think of a better condition than dead for rudd mucker that shot at us.  Lets frag him.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 28, 2005, 04:17:47 AM
Round 1

You arrive close to the jump point and the Silth fighter comes screaming towards you. Reegus decides to try and play it a little safe initially and maneuvers to be at a respectable distance away for the opening shots.  Must be the accumulated tension of the long wait, because nobody does a stellar job, your shots miss completely and the ship lurchs as the Slith's laser slams into your main air lock.  Hope no one was planning on leaving soon
[/color]

Inititive rolls for Pilot's, 1D10 + Qu Stat Bonus + In Stat Bonus
Reegus = 2 + 11 + 11 = 24
Silth Pilot = 5 + 5 + 7 = 17
[size=8]
[ October 27, 2005, 7:53 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 2. Reason : Reegus initiative.
[ October 27, 2005, 8:00 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 5. Reason : Silth Pilot initiative.
[/size]

Reegus decides to fly defensively and picks a range of 500 km, (-30 for Autocannons, -20 for Lasers)
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 8:02 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 33. Reason : Reegus Piloting Skill.
Roll.[/size]
+33 for die roll
+86 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+50 in Combat Pilot skill
= 109
Looking up 109 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives +5 DB
Reegus also has the Instinctive Evasion talent, so that gives another +20 DB
Total = +25 DB

Prescott decides to boost the sheilds
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 8:07 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 8. Reason : Prescott Engineering.
[/size]
+8 for die roll (Again! I think the auto dice roller has a strange glitch as far a Prescott is concerned)
+78 for Engineering (Magneto-gravitic)
-40 for Very Hard maneuver (Turn based combat is Medium maneuver, round based combat is Very Hard (-40))
= 46
Looking up 46 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives -30 bonus

Zaras trys Electronic Counter Measures.
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 8:14 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 13. Reason : Zaras Signalling.
[/size]
+13 for die roll
+52 for Signalling skill
-40 for Very Hard maneuver (Turn based combat is Medium maneuver, round based combat is Very Hard (-40))
= 25
Looking up 25 on the Bonus column of the Maneuver table gives a -40 bonus


Over on the Silth fighter
The pilot decides to fly defensively
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 8:23 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 46. Reason : Silth Piloting.
[/size]
+46 die roll
+70 for Piloting Skill
-50 for Combat Piloting
+40 for Combat Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
= 96
Looking up 96 on the Bonus column of the Maneuver table gives a -5 bonus


Phill fires the Auto Cannons (Mark III).
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 8:20 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 21. Reason : Phill Gunnery.
[/size]
+21 for die roll
+41 for Gunnery skill
+10 for Weapons Rating of Autocannon
+30 for Jenny's Maneuverabilty Rating
-30 for Range
= 72 OB

The Dutchman fires the Lasers (Mark II).
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 8:51 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 5. Reason : Dutchman Gunnery.
[/size]
+5 for die roll
+61 for Gunnery skill
+10 for Weapons Rating of Laser
+30 for Jenny's Maneuverabilty Rating
-20 for Range
= 86 OB


Silth DB
+30 for Armor Rating
+20 for Shield Rating
+40 for Maneuverabilty Rating
+20 for EW Rating
-5 for Pilots Bonus
= 105 DB
Higher than either attack roll, so no hits

The Silth gunner returns fire.
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 8:55 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 13. Reason : Silth Gunnery.
[/size]
+13 die roll
+60 Gunnery Skill
+30 Missile's Weapon Rating
+40 Maneuverability Rating of the Starfighter
-20 for Range

= 123 OB

Jenny's DB:
+30 Armor Rating
+30 Shield Rating
+30 Maneuverabilty Rating
+20 Electronic Warfare Rating
+25 Reegus Piloting
-30 Prescott Shielding
-40 Zaras Electronic Warfare
= 65 DB

Total Attack roll = 123 OB - 65 DB = 58.  Small Attack is -10, so Adjusted Attack Roll is 48
An 3 on the One's die of the Attack die roll means a Weapons System hit
Looking up 48 on the Vehicle Energy Criticals table "Enemy main air lock (hatch / door ) is fused shut.  Vehicle takes 7 Structural hits"

[/color][/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 28, 2005, 04:55:27 AM
Round 2

Reegus pulls in real close with some aggressive flying, figuring that having more guns plus his natural ability to avoid being hit should give Jenny the advantage. Phill and the Dutchman blast away and...  where the hell did that Slith go?  You're sure that a starfighter shouldn't be able to pull that kind of manuever.  The ship rocks again.  Does anyone else smell smoke?
[/color]

Inititive rolls for Pilot's, 1D10 + Qu Stat Bonus + In Stat Bonus
Reegus = 9 + 11 + 11 = 31
Silth Pilot = 10 + 5 + 7 = 22
[size=8]
[ October 27, 2005, 9:18 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 9. Reason : Reegus initiative.
[ October 27, 2005, 9:20 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 10. Reason : Silth Pilot initiative.
[/size]

Reegus decides to fly offensively, relying on his Instinctive Evasion talent for defense and picks a range of 75 km, point blank range for both weapons (+25 for Autocannons, +15 for Lasers) (There may be an additional +10, I'm not entirely sure from the book)
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 9:28 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 39. Reason : Reegus Piloting Skilll.[/size]
+39 for die roll
+86 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+50 in Combat Pilot skill
= 115
Looking up 109 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives +10 OB
Reegus also has the Instinctive Evasion talent, so that gives  +20 DB


Prescott decides to boost the sheilds (dammit Jim, I'm a good Engineer, this should work...)
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 9:31 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 23. Reason : Prescott Engineering.
[/size]
+23 for die roll
+78 for Engineering (Magneto-gravitic)
-40 for Very Hard maneuver (Turn based combat is Medium maneuver, round based combat is Very Hard (-40))
= 61
Looking up 61 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives -25 bonus

Zaras decides he's just not good enough at Electronic Warfare to be messing with it under these conditions


Over on the Silth fighter
The pilot decides to fly defensively
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 9:34 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 97. Reason : Silth Piloting.
[ October 27, 2005, 9:35 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 74. Reason : Silth Piloting.
[/size]
+97 +74 die roll
+70 for Piloting Skill
-50 for Combat Piloting
+40 for Combat Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
= 221
Looking up 221 on the Bonus column of the Maneuver table gives a +50 bonus


Phill fires the Auto Cannons (Mark III).
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 9:37 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 24. Reason : Phill Gunnery
[/size]
+24 for die roll
+41 for Gunnery skill
+10 for Weapons Rating of Autocannon
+30 for Jenny's Maneuverabilty Rating
+25 for Range (Point Blank)
+10 Reegus Piloting
= 140 OB

The Dutchman fires the Lasers (Mark II).
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 9:40 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 29. Reason : Dutchman Gunnery.
[/size]
+29 for die roll
+61 for Gunnery skill
+10 for Weapons Rating of Laser
+30 for Jenny's Maneuverabilty Rating
+15 for Range (Point Blank)
+10 Reegus Piloting
= 155 OB


Silth DB
+30 for Armor Rating
+20 for Shield Rating
+40 for Maneuverabilty Rating
+20 for EW Rating
+50 for Pilots Bonus
= 160 DB
Higher than either attack roll, so no hits

The Silth gunner returns fire.
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 9:42 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 26. Reason : Silth Gunnery.
[/size]
+26 die roll
+60 Gunnery Skill
+30 Laser Weapon Rating
+40 Maneuverability Rating of the Starfighter
+15 for Range (Point Blank)

= 171 OB

Jenny's DB:
+30 Armor Rating
+30 Shield Rating
+30 Maneuverabilty Rating
+20 Electronic Warfare Rating
+20 Reegus Talent
-25 Prescott Shielding

= 105 DB

Total Attack roll = 171 OB - 105 DB = 66.  Small Attack is -10, so Adjusted Attack Roll is 56
An 6 on the One's die of the Attack die roll means a Motive System hit
Looking up 56 on the Vehicle Energy Criticals table "Beam burns through hull, starting a fire in crew compartment (Small heat criticals to anyone within 5m).  Vehicle takes 8 Structural hits"

[/color][/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 28, 2005, 05:39:26 AM
Round 3

"Ha! I knew that maneuver was impossible, now he's a sitting duck!"  The Silth pilot seems to run into difficulty after pulling that incredible maneuver a moment ago and has parked himself right in your gunsights.  Phill lays into him with some nice solid hits from the Autocannons, and that hit near the Jenny's engine room a moment ago must have sent some sort of power surge to the Lasers because the Dutchman lights up the sky with an incredibly bright flash, leaving the engines on the Silth ship a melted mess with smoke pouring out of them. He's not going anywhere except up in a ball of flames.
[/color]

Inititive rolls for Pilot's, 1D10 + Qu Stat Bonus + In Stat Bonus
Reegus = 4 + 11 + 11 = 26
Silth Pilot = 3 + 5 + 7 = 14
[size=8]
[ October 27, 2005, 9:58 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 4. Reason : Reegus initiative.
[ October 27, 2005, 9:59 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d10 and obtained 3. Reason : Silth Pilot initiative.
[/size]

Reegus decides to fly offensively, keeping the same distance as before
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 10:00 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 74. Reason : Reegus Piloting Skill.[/size]
+74 for die roll
+86 for Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
-50 for Combat Piloting,
+50 in Combat Pilot skill
= 150
Looking up 150 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives +20 OB
Reegus also has the Instinctive Evasion talent, so that gives  +20 DB


Prescott decides to boost the sheilds (dammit Jim, I'm a good Engineer, this should work...)
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 10:01 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 82. Reason : Prescott Engineering.
[/size]
+82 for die roll
+78 for Engineering (Magneto-gravitic)
-40 for Very Hard maneuver (Turn based combat is Medium maneuver, round based combat is Very Hard (-40))
= 120
Looking up 12 on the Bonus column of the Manuever table gives +10 bonus

Zaras heads back to deal with the fire, collecting the Dr. and Medic along the way, humming an odd tune along the way..


Over on the Silth fighter
The pilot decides to fly defensively
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 10:03 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 10. Reason : Silth Piloting
[/size]
+10 die roll
+70 for Piloting Skill
-50 for Combat Piloting
+40 for Combat Piloting Skill
-10 for flying 26 - 50% of maximum
= 60
Looking up 60 on the Bonus column of the Maneuver table gives a -25 bonus


Phill fires the Auto Cannons (Mark III).
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 10:05 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 79. Reason : Phill Gunnery.
[/size]
+79 for die roll
+41 for Gunnery skill
+10 for Weapons Rating of Autocannon
+30 for Jenny's Maneuverabilty Rating
+25 for Range (Point Blank)
+20 Reegus Piloting
= 205 OB

The Dutchman fires the Lasers (Mark II).
[size=8][ October 27, 2005, 10:06 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 100. Reason : Dutchman Gunnery.(whoo hoo!)
[ October 27, 2005, 10:07 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 63. Reason : Dutchman Gunnery followup.
[/size]
+100 + 63 for die roll
+61 for Gunnery skill
+10 for Weapons Rating of Laser
+30 for Jenny's Maneuverabilty Rating
+15 for Range (Point Blank)
+20 Reegus Piloting
= 299 OB

Silth DB
+30 for Armor Rating
+20 for Shield Rating
+40 for Maneuverabilty Rating
+20 for EW Rating
-25 for Pilots Bonus
= 85 DB

Phill's Total Attack roll = 205 OB - 85 DB = 120.  Medium Attack is -0, so Adjusted Attack Roll is 120, Damage cap for Medium is 100
A 9 on the One's die of the Attack die roll means a Crew Module hit
Looking up 100 on the Vehicle Piercing Criticals table "Good Shooting. Electronic warfare system is disabled. That shuld improve the odds in your favor  22 Structural hits"

Dutchman's Total Attack roll = 299 OB - 85 DB = 214.  Small Attack is -10, so Adjusted Attack Roll is 204, Damage cap is ignored for a roll of 99 or 100
A 0 on the One's die of the Attack die roll means a Hull hit
Looking up 204 (max 120) on the Vehicle Energy Criticals table "The engines cannae take it, Cap'n.  Five rounds to critical reactor failure and total vehicle destruction.  30  hits"

The Silth gunner is panicing.


[/color][/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 28, 2005, 06:00:26 AM
Ten seconds later, the Silth fighter explodes.  The passenger liner makes it's jump, and you follow a few moments later.  Zaras and the others track the fire down to the area of the Engine room, but just as they are about to head in there is a small explosion and all the lights in the ship go out.  The emergency lights come on a moment later[/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: munchy on October 28, 2005, 09:03:26 AM
Oh, brilliant. What now.
The medic starts wondering whether life-support is still working but as the emergency system seems in order, there is probably nothing to worry about NOTHING to worry about, you're just in deep space. All IS well, all WILL be well.
Assuming that the intercom won't work, the medic packs his medic bag and makes his way to the engine room and after that to bridge to find the rest of the crew. AMAZING. Just bloody brilliant!
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 28, 2005, 03:36:05 PM
Prescott Harland - Ship's Bridge[/font]


OOC Does this mean we've just had an explosion while we were in midst of a jump ?!?

When tihe fighters goes Boom! (without the sfx cuz' this is space you know ;) )
"So much for lone Silth fighters ..."
"Now to damage status ..."

I go on checking on damage status and as soon as i'm warned about the fire in the engine room i run to it ... making a detour to put on a protective suit if we have such onboard ...
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on October 28, 2005, 05:50:12 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Oct 28 2005, 09:36 AM)
Prescott Harland - Ship's Bridge[/font]


OOC Does this mean we've just had an explosion while we were in midst of a jump ?!?

When tihe fighters goes Boom! (without the sfx cuz' this is space you know ;) )
"So much for lone Silth fighters ..."
"Now to damage status ..."

I go on checking on damage status and as soon as i'm warned about the fire in the engine room i run to it ... making a detour to put on a protective suit if we have such onboard ...
Yup.  The battle lasted all of about six seconds, then another ten seconds until the Silth fighter exploded.  The battle occured right at the jump point, so you immediately jumped. A few seconds later there was an explosion in the Engine Room.  The damage control board is lit up, showing all sorts of lights for the engine room and a light for the main airlock. The big thing is that your Jump Drive is down.  Now, once you are in a jump even if the engines are out you'll stay in hyperspace until you get to an L4 point in some system where you will pop out.
Everyone had already suited up in space suits before the battle, so that should be sufficient protection at least for an initial look.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on October 28, 2005, 06:26:40 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Oct 28 2005, 06:50 PM)
so that should be sufficient protection at least for an initial look.
Then by all means i rush to my beloved stricken machine room ... dreading the damage i will find there ... already planning on what to do to prevent a hull leak ... that would be desastrous !
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: munchy on October 28, 2005, 11:51:27 PM
The medic quickly checks for some duct tape to close any leaks in the suits if the situation occurs and follows the rest to the engine room... not quite sure how to use a fire extinguisher with a jump engine on fire but willing to lend a helping hand.
Stranded in Space, just bloody brilliant.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on October 29, 2005, 02:07:38 AM
Ryan moves to Reegus. "Assuming we get through this, we'll need to discuss a long term contract for you. Nice job."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on October 29, 2005, 03:02:51 AM
Reegus - Pilot

"As long as you can define 'long-term' as more than the next 5 minutes or so, that sounds like a good deal to me."

[ooc - I assume that a jump isn't instantaneous and that we're just sailing along now, waiting for a gravity-well or something to pull us out]

"Now, if I could just find a way to at least nudge us around so that we can get pulled back into realspace... somewhere.  Unfortunately, I don't know of anything I can do, offhand, much less *where* I'd nudge us toward.  I need to go find my guild rep so that I can report this on-the-job frustration," he finished with a wink.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on October 29, 2005, 01:14:49 PM
The Dutchman

over the com.
"OK, that didn't go to bad... but next time I want the big gun. That all right with you Phil?"

Then he gets himself over to the bridge.

To the people there:
"Ahoy me captain! How's she doing? Are we falling apart in hyperspace now? Anything I can do?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on October 29, 2005, 08:39:17 PM
The doctor uses his medscanner to check that the atmosphere in his area is safe.  Assuming it is he delves into his locker and opens his facemask long enough to imbibe a long medicinal slug from whatever hipflask come to hand first.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on November 01, 2005, 02:22:06 PM
Toulaan

Sensing the shift to hyperspace and the feeling the vibration from the explosion well after the fighting ended, the Noble keeps his suit on and makes his way to the bridge to see if there's anything he can do to help.  Even if it is only to hold the bailing wire and chew gum for whatever repairs need to be completed.  All the while hoping desparately another premonition materializes.

"Anything I can do to help?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on November 01, 2005, 02:58:45 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Bridge

"Well, the ship doesn't appear to have vented yet, so that's one good sign.  As soon as our mechanic gets a look at the damage we should be able to start handing out repair assignments... I hope."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 02, 2005, 03:19:45 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Oct 28 2005, 12:26 PM)
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Oct 28 2005, 06:50 PM)
so that should be sufficient protection at least for an initial look.
Then by all means i rush to my beloved stricken machine room ... dreading the damage i will find there ... already planning on what to do to prevent a hull leak ... that would be desastrous !
Dr. Octavius is in the Medical Bay, where the air is quite breathable.
Reegus, Ryan, Toulaan, Zaras and the Dutchman are all on the bridge, waiting for a report from the Engine Room
Phill is still sitting at the Auto Cannons looking around for something else to shoot.

Prescott and the Medic arrive at the Engine Room, the door has sealed itself shut but flames can be seen through the portal in the door.  It looks like the automatic fire suppression system has not kicked in for some reason.  However, the flames seem fairly subdued, but there is alot of smoke in the room, so it's hard to be sure.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on November 02, 2005, 01:17:21 PM
Prescott Harland - Outside Engine Room[/font]

Over the comm to the bridge
"Boss, there seems to be a fire in the engine room but the fire system didn't kicked in. Can't see the extent of damage from outside. Working on gaining entry into the engine room."
Then i go to the most likely spot for tinkering the fire system and making it work ... and work on fixing it.
As we need to put out this fire asap , if i cannot do it quickly enough i'll do something else. But i'll try it nonetheless.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on November 02, 2005, 02:52:08 PM
"Keep us advised."  Ryan responds. He then glances around the bridge. "Dutch - why don't you go see if they need any help."

Turning to Toulaan - "This doesn't look good anymore... does it?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on November 03, 2005, 06:37:18 PM
Dutch - still wearing his suit - heading for the engine room

"Sure..."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on November 06, 2005, 02:23:08 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Nov 2 2005, 08:52 AM)
Turning to Toulaan - "This doesn't look good anymore... does it?"
Toulaan

"That depends sir.  We are all breathing and unwounded or disabled.  Many would consider that a blessing compared to their current condition.  I think we are in about the best position considering we took out a Silth fighter with as little armament as we have.  I doubt others would have faired so well."

"If the fire in the engine room can't be quashed quickly it might behoove us to vent it to space before too much damage is caused.  The air will be lost either way and venting that room now would prevent further damage, captain."

Toulaan settles his mind in an attempt to get some kind of information that might help.

OOC: If possible Toulaan is trying to use any (undeveloped) precognitive skills he might be able to utilize.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 06, 2005, 06:41:30 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Nov 5 2005, 08:23 PM)
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Nov 2 2005, 08:52 AM)
Turning to Toulaan - "This doesn't look good anymore... does it?"
Toulaan

"That depends sir.  We are all breathing and unwounded or disabled.  Many would consider that a blessing compared to their current condition.  I think we are in about the best position considering we took out a Silth fighter with as little armament as we have.  I doubt others would have faired so well."

"If the fire in the engine room can't be quashed quickly it might behoove us to vent it to space before too much damage is caused.  The air will be lost either way and venting that room now would prevent further damage, captain."

Toulaan settles his mind in an attempt to get some kind of information that might help.

OOC: If possible Toulaan is trying to use any (undeveloped) precognitive skills he might be able to utilize.
Well, no luck with the precog skills, but do get a sudden urge to glance at one of the monitiers that is replaying some of the sensor information that was gathered during the battle and you see one scene picked up from the Space Station, it seems one Silth missile got through and hit the station, right where the bar was that you were sitting in before the battle.

Down near the Engine Room, the door is still sealed, everyone that is down there has picked up fire extinguishers.  Prescott is still working on reactivating the fire control system, but anyone looking through the porthole in the door can see the flickering of the flames has died down considerably.  Still an awful lot of smoke though
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on November 06, 2005, 08:30:54 PM
Doctor

Med-Bay

"Just one more for medicinal purposes ...."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 10, 2005, 04:20:06 AM
The fire seems to have gone almost completely out.  There is an emergency door a short ways down the corridor behind you that could be closed to prevent the smoke from the engine room from spreading through the rest of the ship if you choose to open the door to the engine room.  The door to the engine room can be opened manually with a little effort.
Prescott , you have not been able to get the fire control system reactivated, it looks like it must have been wiped out by the incoming blast. You could however, remotely blow one of the emergency hatches in the engine room and vent it to space, thus insuring that the fire is out. However, you are not sure if you can get the hatch to reclose afterwards.  If you can't, then it will be open to vacumn.  You could still get in, the emergency door in the corridor could be shut, then the air removed from the corridor, thus forming an airlock, then the door to the engine room could be opened.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on November 10, 2005, 09:24:12 AM
Prescott Harland - Outside Engine Room[/font]

To the crewmen with me
"Okay everyone fire system's gone out for good and this door's circuits too, so we'll have to barge our way in."
"One of you go close that door."(pointing to the emergency door a short ways down the corridor behind you)
"Once done we'll have to pry this blasted door open with our sweat gentlemen."
"Understood ?"
"Be sure to have suit on and enough air left before we go in,t'will be too late after that."

To the bridge :
"Prescott here, about to enter the engine room in a minute or two."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on November 10, 2005, 10:21:36 AM
"Good fortune" Ryan responds. "Keep us advised of your progress."

Turning to the pilot he asks, "What happens when their done with that? Are we going to just show up somewhere?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on November 10, 2005, 02:13:42 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Madly pressing buttons and pulling levers

"Well, that's a good question..."

"It'll really depend on how bad the damage was to the ship's computers, I suppose.  I'm trying to find us a vector to take as soon as the fire is under control... but whether she'll take it or not is another matter."

"I recommend buckling up once we're ready to revert to normal-space," he adds with a wink.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 11, 2005, 06:12:36 AM
Outside the Engine Room[/color]
Prescott, the Medic, and the Dutchman check their suits, the Dutchman goes and hits the button to close the emergency door.  Once it's closed, the Medic and Prescott heave on the big wheel which is off to the side of the door to the Engineering Room.  It sticks momentarily, then shoots open.  Rather than the smoke billowing out as you expected, the smoke in front of the engineering door dissipates as the air from the corridor rushes in.  Prescott immediately yells “Duck!” and dives to the side, dragging the Medic with him.  The Dutchman pauses for a second, then dives to the floor as a fireball suddenly forms in the doorway and comes shooting out into the corridor directly towards him.

Prescott and the Medic end up taking 15 hits and being stunned for 1 round, the visors on the helmets get a coating of soot on them, making it difficult to see.

The Dutchman takes 18 hits, with his arms getting slightly par-broiled.  He is stunned for 3 rounds and is at -10


The Medic and Prescott get further out of the way, small Heat Critical (-10). The Dutchman is not so lucky, medium Heat Critical.  The Space suits have a DB of 10, the attack roll for the fireball is 84.  Base DB is Agility bonus * 2

Dutch: 84 -10 -20  = 54

Prescott: 84 -10 -10 – 16 = 48
Medic (guessing agility bonus of 7): 84 -10 -10 -14 = 50  
[size=8][ November 10, 2005, 10:21 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 84. Reason : Fireball.
November 10, 2005, 10:17 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 82. Reason : Prescott Perception.
[ November 10, 2005, 10:16 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 38. Reason : Dutchman Perception.
[ November 10, 2005, 10:16 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 43. Reason : Medic Perception.
[ November 10, 2005, 10:03 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 70. Reason : Prescott - Machine Operation. [/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on November 11, 2005, 04:20:55 PM
The Dutchman,

As soon as possible Dutch will "rise again" and start extinguishing.

OOC
Any chance of resisting the stun?
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on November 12, 2005, 01:14:24 AM
Ryan turns to Reegus, "Once we revert to normal space let me know so I can see if I can figure out where we ended up."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on November 12, 2005, 03:56:30 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Stranded somewhere in hyperspace

"Will do."

"And I suspect that the violent shaking and small explosive noises will probably announce our reversion to realspace for me."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 13, 2005, 10:42:38 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(jaysek @ Nov 11 2005, 10:20 AM)
The Dutchman,

As soon as possible Dutch will "rise again" and start extinguishing.

OOC
Any chance of resisting the stun?
The fireball only lasts a moment as all the available oxygen in the area is immediately consumed and the flames die down.  Once everyone recovers from the initial blast, it is fairly easy to track down the few remaining hot spots and extinguish the flames.  The smoke is still quite thick, and there is an oily film over everything.  After an initial inspection, Prescott is able to get the air scrubbers turned on and the smoke starts to clear.  A few hours of work will be required to fix the rest of the fire control system, a few pipes need replacing and some of the circuitry needs replacing. The engines however are a different story.  The sublight engines should be okay, although you would recommend only using half power to be safe and definitely no atmospheric landings.  As for getting back into hyperspace, forget it until you have a chance to look at them from the outside.  From what you can see, there is a major chunk of hull missing in the vicinity of the Lagrange drive and most likely a few important components went with it.

Up on the Bridge, if by some miricle your course wasn't altered, it will be four days before you reach the destination you aimed for.  If you happen to pop out at the closest system to the one you left, it would still be two days.  Assuming nothing else strange happened to affect your travel time.  You should get at least a fifteen minute warning through various sensor readings and the vibrations of the ship before you drop into Realspace, so you don't need to stay on the Bridge constantly.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on November 14, 2005, 05:56:44 PM
The Dutchman

Hieronymus gets on his feet, extiguishes for a while and then moves over to the sick bay...

To doc:

"Hi, mind doing a bit of work? basic patching and band-aids mostly..."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on November 14, 2005, 09:47:04 PM
Prescott Harland - Inside Engine Room[/font]

Complaining and swearing all the way of the inspection
"*** this doesn't look good !"
To the crewmen who were with me
"Okay guys , thanks for the help, but now it's out of your league, you can go to the infirmary check on those burns, it's  (telling them the way to it) and you're there."

Then over the comm to the bridge
"Prescott here,we've got the fire under control now sir, we got some light burns in the process but nothing incapacitating , i just sent them to the infirmary."
"The good news is that the fire didn't do that much damage, nothing a few hours of hard work can't mend."
*dramatic pause* and perhaps some reaction from bridge
"That was the godd news sir , ready for the ugly ones ?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on November 16, 2005, 03:44:17 AM
Toulaan

Toulaan remains on the bridge replaying what footage of the battle there is until given orders to be more useful.  Upon replaying the hit to the bar he mutters, "That was close!  Need to brush up on those precogs a tad."

If/when he's given orders to help mend the damage he'll do what little he can, even if it is just holding tools or material while others do the actual repairs.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on November 16, 2005, 09:13:25 AM
Prescott Harland - Inside Engine Room[/font]

With no response from the bridge
"I'll assume that's a yes then ..."
takes a breath
"We seem to have lost some part of our hyperdrive."
"Can't say the extent of the damage 'till i go out and check for myself and it's impossible until we're back to normal space."
"That being said, can you give me an estimate of our leaving hyperspace ?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 16, 2005, 11:43:29 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Nov 15 2005, 09:44 PM)
Toulaan

Toulaan remains on the bridge replaying what footage of the battle there is until given orders to be more useful.  Upon replaying the hit to the bar he mutters, "That was close!  Need to brush up on those precogs a tad."

If/when he's given orders to help mend the damage he'll do what little he can, even if it is just holding tools or material while others do the actual repairs.
You notice something interesting when you get near the end of the battle footage.  Just before you made the jump to hyperspace, one of the scanners picked up what appears to be another Silth ship approaching the Jump point fairly close behind you.  Possibly even two of them.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on November 17, 2005, 10:11:14 PM
Phill

Searches for a galley... stays out of peoples way.
"there has to be stuff to make a sandwhich somewhere"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on November 18, 2005, 12:59:06 AM
Toulaan

Having finished his viewing of teh battle, Toulaan goes in search of the captain.  "Captain, after viewing the recordings of the battle I noticed a couple of interesting things.  First, One of the missiles fired at the station hit the lounge we met in.  Second, and more importantly, one or two silth fighters came into view shortly before we made hyperspace.  Would it be okay if one of the crew taught me how to use the ships systems, such as fire control, sensors or electronic warfare?  I might be able to enhance the ships systems while someone else is using them"

OOC: would it be possible for Toulaan to use his psionic abilities to meld with the computer during a battle and add some bonus to the operator of that system.  Kind of smooth the internal working of that system for greater efficiency?
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on November 18, 2005, 03:20:30 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Nov 17 2005, 06:59 PM)
OOC: would it be possible for Toulaan to use his psionic abilities to meld with the computer during a battle and add some bonus to the operator of that system.  Kind of smooth the internal working of that system for greater efficiency?
I'll look into that (see the OOC thread)
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on November 18, 2005, 04:02:11 PM
Prescott Harland - Inside Engine Room[/font]

Now i will start to
1) Clean the mess ( and grab any freeloader that i can grab ;) )
2) Make a checklist of what is to be repaired
3) Sort what i can't repair in actual conditions ( lack of pieces,hyperspace,etc..) and what is needed for the repairs
4) Work on what can be repaired till there's nothing more i can do or we jump back into normal space.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on November 19, 2005, 12:19:08 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(jaysek @ Nov 14 2005, 05:56 PM)


"Hi, mind doing a bit of work? basic patching and band-aids mostly..."
The Doctor:

The Doctor hastily hides any evidence of his 'medicinal' as the door slides open.

He eyes the visitor up and down carefully, running a quick diagnostic and making some notes before replying.

"Hmm.  This is really work for the nurse but seeing as he is busy playing with matches I don't mind getting my hands dirty."

He sways slightly as he reaches for a strange silvery object that looks like it might be used in some alien races torture chamber.

"Drop your trousers and bend over, this wont hurt a bit..."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on November 23, 2005, 02:54:39 PM
Dutch

"Hmmm.... I wouldn't want you to get your hands that dirty... I'll go see the medic about this...." (strides off)
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on November 23, 2005, 03:39:12 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Nov 17 2005, 08:59 PM)
Toulaan

Having finished his viewing of teh battle, Toulaan goes in search of the captain.  "Captain, after viewing the recordings of the battle I noticed a couple of interesting things.  First, One of the missiles fired at the station hit the lounge we met in.  Second, and more importantly, one or two silth fighters came into view shortly before we made hyperspace.  Would it be okay if one of the crew taught me how to use the ships systems, such as fire control, sensors or electronic warfare?  I might be able to enhance the ships systems while someone else is using them"
 
"Toulaan, feel free to assist in any way you can. Please keep us advised if you make any progress with that."  Ryan responds as he stares out into space.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on November 23, 2005, 07:09:50 PM
Toulaan

The nobleman wanders back to the bridge in hopes of finding someone to teach him some rudimentary skill at any of the controls.  Should noone be there he will go in search of Prescott.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on November 28, 2005, 10:25:19 PM
After the (obviously less injured than he thought he was) crewmember rushes off the doctor decides it might be time for a quick nap.  He tidies up then hops onto a diagnostics couch for a quick forty winks.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on December 01, 2005, 02:34:39 AM
Ryan spends most of the first few days trying to convey confidence to the others. His stories of how this has happened to him previously and it's simply a matter of riding out the time. Once they come out of hyperspace it will be simple enough to locate where they are so they can get back to work.

He does pull Toulaan aside and gives a simple direction - "Let me know if anything comes to mind. Do not hesitate."  His normal cheerful and confident nature has been let down as he speaks.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 01, 2005, 02:37:12 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Nov 17 2005, 04:11 PM)
Phill

Searches for a galley... stays out of peoples way.
"there has to be stuff to make a sandwhich somewhere"
In fact, there is a fairly well stocked galley, enough stuff available to make all sorts of interesting sandwiches.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 01, 2005, 02:40:39 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Nov 18 2005, 10:02 AM)
Prescott Harland - Inside Engine Room[/font]

Now i will start to
1) Clean the mess ( and grab any freeloader that i can grab ;) )
2) Make a checklist of what is to be repaired
3) Sort what i can't repair in actual conditions ( lack of pieces,hyperspace,etc..) and what is needed for the repairs
4) Work on what can be repaired till there's nothing more i can do or we jump back into normal space.
Clean up takes a couple of days, but goes well.  You are able to get most items repaired except the hyperdrive.  That will require doing some work outside the ship and you suspect you will need several replacement parts or a fully loaded machine shop to rebuild the fried parts
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 01, 2005, 02:42:25 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(jaysek @ Nov 23 2005, 08:54 AM)
Dutch

"Hmmm.... I wouldn't want you to get your hands that dirty... I'll go see the medic about this...." (strides off)
You do eventually find the Medic and get your injuries tended to.  Everyone will be recovered fully before you drop out of hyperspace
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 01, 2005, 02:45:18 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Nov 23 2005, 01:09 PM)
Toulaan

The nobleman wanders back to the bridge in hopes of finding someone to teach him some rudimentary skill at any of the controls.  Should noone be there he will go in search of Prescott.
Well, you do manage to spend a fair bit of time on the bridge over the next several days, you've gotten more familiar with the controls, no luck intefacing with them yet, but there's some glimmers of possibility there.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 01, 2005, 04:27:44 AM
After nine days in hyperspace, the alarms go off and the ship develops a disturbing vibration.  This gradually gets worse over the course of an hour, then suddenly you drop back into normal space.  There are a few tense moments as you drop into a moderately well populated asteroid field, but a couple deft maneuvers by Regus brings you out quickly. He shaking stops immediately and the ride seems pretty smooth.[/color]

+86 Piloting skill
+94 Die Roll
=180

[size=8]ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 94. Reason : Regus piloting[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 02, 2005, 05:19:22 AM
After clearing the asteroid field and taking a bit of time to scan the system you discover that there is some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that there are two planets in closer to the sun that look like they may be habitable.

The bad news is that the Jenny Allen may not be able to hold together for a planetary landing.  

The good news is that there is a ship orbiting the closest planet. The ship is about 25 kilometers long, 6 kilometers wide and 4 kilometers tall.

The bad news is it isn't answering hails.

The good news is that it appears that at least part of the ship is still functional
You can reach it in about two hours, assuming you are decelerating at around half of your maximum.  Prescott says that anything more than that could be hazardous to Jenny's health. He's not sure exactly what might happen, but it wouldn't be good.
[/color]

[size=8]
[ December 1, 2005, 9:33 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 14. Reason : Prescott Engineering.
[ December 1, 2005, 10:05 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 2. Reason : Reegus Signalling.
[ December 1, 2005, 10:11 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 93. Reason : Zaras Signalling.[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on December 06, 2005, 09:56:24 AM
Prescott Harland - Ship's Bridge[/font]

*whistles*
"Now that's what i call a big ship."

"Not that i want to boss you around , boss , but we'd better take our chance at this ship. Ours isn't in shape for more."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on December 06, 2005, 02:10:10 PM
Reegus - Pilot

"I could always just casually meander over that direction and knock on their front door.  Maybe no one's home?  We could just let ourselves in for a quick visit."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on December 07, 2005, 05:14:08 AM
Toulaan

"Frell!" is all the Baron can utter at the immensity of the ship.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on December 07, 2005, 04:37:43 PM
Reegus - Pilot

"Feh!  I've seen bigger... though I've never seen one that big just... sitting there.  Usually they're either bossing the smaller ships around, or sending over boarding parties.  Just sitting and watching isn't their style."

"I have a bad feeling about this... again... still... whatever."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on December 08, 2005, 05:08:07 PM
"It doesn't look like we have much choice." Ryan shrugs. "Bring us in and let's get a closer look. From there we can make a call of what to do."

Ryan then looks to Toulaan, "Anything we should know before we put ourselves in harm's way with that thing?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on December 08, 2005, 10:54:06 PM
The doctor:

Uses his free time to bully the nurse and his working time to understand the ships systems that pertain to him.

After his stash of alcohol starts to run low he sets up a "still" using some of the medical equipment and food supplies.  He endeavours to bully th medic enough to keep him out of his way while he sets this up ...
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 09, 2005, 03:41:38 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Dec 8 2005, 04:54 PM)
The doctor:

Uses his free time to bully the nurse and his working time to understand the ships systems that pertain to him.

After his stash of alcohol starts to run low he sets up a "still" using some of the medical equipment and food supplies.  He endeavours to bully th medic enough to keep him out of his way while he sets this up ...
Well, you get something set up, but it will be awhile before you know whether it will produce anything drinkable or not.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on December 09, 2005, 04:15:46 AM
As we approach the vessel (assuming it doesn't start firing on us or anything) Ryan calls out. "Prescott...  Take a look at this thing and see if you can figure out what is and what isn't working on that thing."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 09, 2005, 04:51:37 AM
As you get closer to the ship, you can make out additional details, the main body of the ship is a long rectangular box type shape.  There are three large cylindrical drive ports attached to the rear. Attached to the starboard side in a row are four large covered domes, the one closest to the stern has a large hole in the dome.  On the port side near the stern but ahead of the engines is attached some sort of large sensor array.  Attached to the port side at the bow is another flatter rectangular section.  It is about a third of the height of the rest of the ship, a fifth of the length and two thirds of the width.  About 50% of it sticks out in front of the ship.  About half way down the length of the port side, there appears to be another small kayak shaped vessel attached to the hull.
On the starboard side, not quite halfway to the stern, there is a spot in the hull that appears to have been breached by a metor strike, about a third of the way down the side
And finally, on the starboard side near the bow and near the bottom of the deck, there is what looks like a fairly large landing bay with the docking doors open.  There seems to be a damaged cargo container off to one side but sticking partway out into space that may have kept the doors from closing.
[/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 09, 2005, 05:10:56 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Dec 8 2005, 10:15 PM)
As we approach the vessel (assuming it doesn't start firing on us or anything) Ryan calls out. "Prescott...  Take a look at this thing and see if you can figure out what is and what isn't working on that thing."
After a visual inspection and some looking at some scans from Zaras, Prescott is quite sure that the vessel is basically space worthy, even with the damaged areas noted previously.  The engines are running at a reduced power level, providing power to the ships internal systems and just enough power for occasional orbit adjustments.  
However, Zaras and Prescott were not really able to tell what conditions inside the ship as far as life support and such are concerned.


[size=8][ December 9, 2005, 12:02 am ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 90. Reason : Zaras - Signalling.
[ December 9, 2005, 12:00 am ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 69. Reason : Prescott - Engineering Space .

[ December 8, 2005, 11:58 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 79. Reason : Prescott - Engineering Power Systems.
[ December 8, 2005, 11:58 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 30. Reason : Zaras - Signalling.

[ December 8, 2005, 11:56 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 15. Reason : Zaras Signalling.
[ December 8, 2005, 10:01 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 6. Reason : Prescott - Engineering Habitat.[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on December 09, 2005, 10:36:37 AM
Prescott Harland - Ship's Bridge[/font]

"No obvious weaponry there ..."
"We should try to dock in, sir. We should have abetter grasp on the environlent in there once we're inside."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on December 12, 2005, 01:22:08 AM
"OK then. Dutch - you take the lead going over. Prescott, you go with him to inspect the vessel and advise the status. Phill, Zaras and medic will complete the team.  Reegus and I will stand ready with Toulaan nearby. Doctor - you stand ready in case of need.  I want everyone available on a live comm."  Ryan glances back over to the foreign vessel and then adds, "I want everyone coming back."

"Reegus - bring us to dock."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on December 12, 2005, 01:56:09 AM
Reegus - Pilot

"Aye, one dock comin' up.  Bringing up the thrusters now."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on December 12, 2005, 08:02:52 AM
Prescott Harland - Ship's Bridge[/font]

"Roger that boss."
"Zaras .. it is ? ... let's get a new scan when we're in."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on December 12, 2005, 11:17:29 PM
The Doctor:

As the doctor was napping up until this point he tries a snifter of his homwbrew to help clear his head.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on December 14, 2005, 12:38:59 PM
Dutch

"Ai, Ai Sir!" to the rest "OK guys, buckle up and get yourselves ready, we don't know about life-support on this ship so... you've guessed it... suits everyone."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on December 15, 2005, 04:00:58 AM
Toulaan

The noble gets into his suit and finds the Captain.  "Sorry sir.  The ship is too far for my abilities to be of any help yet."

As soon as the ship is close enough Toulaan will attempt detection of sentient life on the other ship and any other applicable detections.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on December 17, 2005, 08:55:34 PM
As you approach the landing area, you can see that the ship as a lot of minor pitting and small impact marks.  It is obvious that it is extremelly old.  As for the landing bay itself, there is a freight car sized cargo pod sticking partway out of the bay, preventing the cargo doors from closing.  There is still plenty of room to enter the bay and land, it could easily accomadate at least 5 or 6 ships your size.  Currently there aren't any other ships in the bay.  There is some other equipment at the sides of the bay, small and medium size cargo movers, a couple of tractor type vehicles and various crates and containers.  There is also a set of three large cargo elevators towards the back of the bay. A few moments after you land, a few lights come on, there is one flashing red light near the bay doors, and a couple small flashing amber lights that are above two regular size doors against the back wall.

Back in the medical bay, the Doctor is sampling his new batch of home brew.  It does the trick as far as clearing his head, mostly due to the less than stellar taste. It won't win any awards, but it won't immediately kill anyone. Long term effects are still debatable.

Toulann isn't able to detect anything specific, but there is sort of a background hum that indicates there is probably life of some sort and in fairly large quantities on board.  Nothing really nearby though.
[/color]
[size=8][ December 17, 2005, 3:28 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 84. Reason : Octavius Chemistry. +19 Chemistry skill
[ December 17, 2005, 3:26 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 56. Reason : Reegus Piloting. +86 skill
[ December 17, 2005, 3:25 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 23. Reason : Toulaan PSI Roll. +29 Clairsentience skill[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on December 17, 2005, 11:03:11 PM
The doctor, who is more confident in his ability to create and handle alcohol than any mere GM, wanders up to the bridge to better follow the away teams progess.  he absent mindedly notices that his new friend, the nurse, is wearing a red shirt and thinks that this will help him demonstrate his friendly intent in any encounter with alien beings.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on December 17, 2005, 11:38:01 PM
Phill... in the galley...

Quickly makes a sandwhich for later and makes another to share ... just in case any aliens are hungry.  Better they eat his extra sandwhich than him.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on December 22, 2005, 02:30:53 AM
Toulaan decides it's best to save his energy for later rather than to attempt any additional information at this time.  "Capt'n, there is life aboard that ship.  It could be intelligent or merely vermin.  I can't tell yet."

Once the ship is landed he'll attempt to determine the level of intelligence of the lifeforms he's detected.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on December 22, 2005, 02:45:28 AM
"Please continue to keep me advised." responds Ryan.

"Dutch - we've got life aboard the vessel - number, type, intelligence and motivation are all unknown. Initial contact is to be peaceful if possible - but deadly force is authorized if you deem it necessary."  Ryan relays via the comm to the away team.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: jaysek on December 27, 2005, 10:33:12 PM
Dutch:

"OK, boys, you heard that, no one fire until I do!"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on December 28, 2005, 03:23:01 AM
Phil

Phil goes and gears up... finds the biggest gun he can, finds the next biggest gun he can.  Finds any explosives he can get. gets extra.  Puts on a protective suit.  makes sure his sandwhiches are handy incase he has to use them to buy time.

"Just show me where to shoot"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on December 31, 2005, 05:40:11 PM
Toulaan

The Baron wanders to the galley to chase away the gnawing hunger.  He then returns to his bunk and lays out his blaster and suit just incase he's needed after the area is secure.  

Once he's finished his preparations he turns down the lights to near dark and calms himself for any necessary use of his abilities.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on January 01, 2006, 02:57:59 AM
Reegus - Pilot - Sandwichless in the Cockpit

"I ate before we came out of our jump," Reegus grumbles into the comms, "so I'll just hang out here at the controls until I hear either an all-clear or a blood-curdling scream.  Either way, I'll be ready to leave."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on January 04, 2006, 03:39:23 AM
The main airlock is still unusable as a result of the battle, so you are forced to use the two emergency airlocks which can only accommodate one person at a time.  Dutch and Phill go out first, armed with laser rifles, a few explosives and a couple of sandwiches.  A quick look around doesn't reveal any sort of danger.  A couple minutes later Zaras and the Medic come out, followed in a couple of minutes by Prescott.
 
Prescott begins surveying the damage to the outside of the ship.  The main airlock is basically welded shut due to the laser blast and will likely require some work with a cutting torch to fix.  Which would be alot easier if you weren't currently still in a vacuum.
As for the hyperdrive, it looks like a large peace of the hull got blown away and took a big chunk of the cabling with it.  There are all sorts of loose ends hanging everywhere and some of the cables have been completely fused with each other.  It's going to require more spare parts to fix than what you've got on the ship.
 
As Prescott is doing his inspection, Phil and the Medic both notice that the flashing amber lights above the doors near the back of the landing bay have stopped flashing and have switched to green.  The Medic notices a puff of fog come out at the bottom of one of the doors and says over the intercom "We've got something coming out of some airlocks at the back of the bay!"

 
[size=8]
[ January 3, 2006, 10:21 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 26. Reason : Prescott - Engineering Magnetogravitic. +78 skill = 104
[ January 3, 2006, 10:24 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 63. Reason : Prescott - Engineering - Mechanical. +49 skill = 112
 
[ January 3, 2006, 10:29 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 35. Reason : Dutch - Perception. 34 skill = 69
[ January 3, 2006, 10:29 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 96. Reason : Medic - Perception.
[ January 3, 2006, 10:35 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 28. Reason : Medic - Perception (follow up).
[ January 3, 2006, 10:29 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 92. Reason : Phill - Perception. +7 skill = 99
[ January 3, 2006, 10:27 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 30. Reason : Zaras - Perception. 39 skill = 69
[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on January 04, 2006, 04:16:13 AM
Toulaan

Toulaan wanders to the bridge to see if he can be of any help now that he has calmed his psyche.  Upon hearing a warning about possible sentience he refrains from using his psychic powers to wait for a time in which they might be needed.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on January 05, 2006, 10:15:34 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay (Vacuum)[/font]

Prescott can't help but swear at the extent of the damage he's seeing and is worried for the hyperdrive. That one will take the most work , let alone finding spare parts.
Now that the Medic has bore the fog to our attention, he wonders what is is and how it can be ... smoke from fire ? difficult in vacuum environment ... some kind of gas leeking ? dubious in this freezing environment
OOC : trying to figure out what non-alien non-living hypothesis could make such a thing in vacuum
IC:
"Okay boys who volunteers for taking a wary look at that ? Scans or eyeing."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on January 05, 2006, 10:59:24 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Jan 5 2006, 04:15 AM)
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay (Vacuum)[/font]

Prescott can't help but swear at the extent of the damage he's seeing and is worried for the hyperdrive. That one will take the most work , let alone finding spare parts.
Now that the Medic has bore the fog to our attention, he wonders what is is and how it can be ... smoke from fire ? difficult in vacuum environment ... some kind of gas leeking ? dubious in this freezing environment
OOC : trying to figure out what non-alien non-living hypothesis could make such a thing in vacuum
IC:
"Okay boys who volunteers for taking a wary look at that ? Scans or eyeing."
The Medic is quite certain that the puff would be caused be a small amount of air that would remain in an airlock when it is opened into a vacuum.  Obviously not a top of the line airlock.  Both doors are now slowing opening, sliding upwards.  You can see what appears to be a couple sets of metallic boots showing from within each airlock.  The doors are moving upward quite slowly.  Toulaan still does not detect anything obviously sentient from that direction.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on January 06, 2006, 05:57:28 AM
Phill,

Levels biggest gun at target and waits...  Uses other hand to check on the sandwhiches... never know when it might be hungry.  Glances down, makes sure his shirt is not red.  Doesn't really know where the superstition origiinated, but doesn't want to take chances.

"Can I shoot at that?"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on January 06, 2006, 01:07:53 PM
The Doctor:

The doctor watches on with mild interest.  he take the oportunity to double check the scanners for life support information.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on January 13, 2006, 04:36:28 AM
The Doctor idly fiddles with the sensors for awhile, but doesn't come up with anything interesting[/color]
[size=8]
[ January 12, 2006, 11:08 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 13. Reason : Gribble - signalling.[/size]

Meanwhile, outside the ship, the two airlocks finish opening and out of each airlock step two humanoid looking beings.  One being from each airlock is tall (about 2 meters)  and fairly slender, and has a polished metal shine. One of these two starts walking somewhat stiffly towards your ship.  It is carrying what appears to be a clipboard or pad of some sort.
The other one is heading towards what appears to be a large forklift parked at the side of the landing bay.

(http://www.icewebring.com/Stranded/File0001.jpg)

The other two beings are slightly shorter and much stockier.  They also appear to be encased in metal, but with a duller finish.  One steps out of each airlock, then they stop and appear to just be standing there doing nothing.

(http://www.icewebring.com/Stranded/File0002.jpg)

For the folks outside the ship, you did have enough time while the doors were opening that you could conceal yourselves quite well, particularly if you are on top of the ship and lay flat.  If you have done that, odds are pretty good that you won't be spotted unless someone is looking very hard.
[/color]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on January 13, 2006, 04:59:50 AM
New post to test tracking
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on January 13, 2006, 08:01:51 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay (Vacuum)[/font]

As trying to hide himself in the wrecked part of the ship would only delay him if he had to hurry backinto the ship Prescott joins his buddies on top of the ship and lay low.
He observes the what-the-hell-are-they humanoid looking things and ponders ( automatic response from inside the ship ? ) and signals the others to keep silent ( if he can manage :) )
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on January 18, 2006, 05:28:59 AM
Toulaan

If Toulaan is aware of the "visitors" he takes a moment to check the second pair of humanoids for sentience and their general emotional state.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on January 19, 2006, 06:21:58 AM
Phill

Finds cover (if possible) then minimizes exposure and aim's at the nearest short one... never really liked short robots... got no reason to live...
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on January 20, 2006, 05:29:23 AM
 
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Jan 17 2006, 10:28 PM) [snapback
27601[/snapback]] [/color]Toulaan
 
  If Toulaan is aware of the "visitors" he takes a moment to check the second pair of humanoids for sentience and their general emotional state.
[/color]

 There is a moniter on the bridge where you can see what is going on outside. The first short being with the clipboard walks up to within 5 feet of the ship then starts walking around it and seems to be taking notes. He pauses for awhile in front of the damaged main airlock, steps towards it and examines it fairly closely, making several notations on the clipboard. He then continues around the ship, ending up back where he started. If he spots anyone on the top of the ship, he gives no indication of it.
 The second shorter being goes to the forklift, climbs in and drives it towards the ship. He stops about 5 feet away from the ship, gets out and appears to be confering with the being with the clipboard in some manner. The one with the clipboard points towards the cargo pod that is sticking out of the cargo bay into space. He points upwards toward the ceiling off to the side of the bay near where the forklift was. Looking that direction you can see a large crane type apparatus that looks like it can move around the bay on tracks on the ceiling. There is a small open elevator near the wall that goes up to a catwalk where you can get into a control booth attached to the crane. The second short being starts walking back in that direction.
 
 Toulaan concentrates and focuses on the second set of beings. He does that for a few seconds, appears to relax and starts to say "I don't detect..." and then suddenly bolts upright, his eyes glaze over for a couple of moments, he shudders and slumps back into his chair.
 [/color][/size]
 
 
 [OOC: Maelstrom, look for a PM from me.]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on January 20, 2006, 10:45:06 PM
the doctor:

The doctor takes off his left shoe to try and "fix" the obviously faulty signalling equipment.  His ministrations are halted by the collapse on the Baron.  

He wanders over to apply his various skills in "fixing" the baron.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on January 23, 2006, 04:15:00 AM
Toulaan

When Toulaan recovers he reports to the captain, "There appears to be a very powerful and evil psionic presence aboard the alien ship.  There also may be numerous allies within as well.  The entities currently outside the ship seem to be merely robotic.  Perhaps allowing them to continue their tasks unassaulted would be recommended.  Further exploration of the ship should probably be conducted under extreme caution."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on January 23, 2006, 06:08:58 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Jan 20 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback
27735[/snapback]] the doctor:

The doctor takes off his left shoe to try and "fix" the obviously faulty signalling equipment. His ministrations are halted by the collapse on the Baron.

He wanders over to apply his various skills in "fixing" the baron.

 
The Baron seems to have simply fainted, his pulse is racing, he is sweating and breathing heavily.  A dose of smelling salts brings him around, at which point he makes the report in the previous post
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on January 23, 2006, 08:21:18 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Jan 23 2006, 01:08 AM) [snapback
27814[/snapback]]
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Jan 20 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback
27735[/snapback]] the doctor:

The doctor takes off his left shoe to try and "fix" the obviously faulty signalling equipment. His ministrations are halted by the collapse on the Baron.

He wanders over to apply his various skills in "fixing" the baron.

 
The Baron seems to have simply fainted, his pulse is racing, he is sweating and breathing heavily.  A dose of smelling salts brings him around, at which point he makes the report in the previous post


Ryan calls over the comm unit - "We're dealing with a mindbender here. It's definitely not friendly and probably did a number on the crew inside. Do your best to maneuver past the robots and work your way inside. We need some recon work done before we can simply hang around working on repairs.  Keep us advised."

Turning back to the others on the deck, "Doc - make sure he's up and running quickly. He's our only hope at understanding this thing."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on January 23, 2006, 10:37:23 PM
Zaras and the Medic volunteer to hop off the roof of the ship and start scouting around the landing bay for possible exits.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on January 23, 2006, 11:32:19 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Bridge

Over the comm - "Well, if anyone needs a busted-up space ship to do any tricks for them, just let me know.  I'll keep the lights on while you guys go exploring."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on January 24, 2006, 08:23:52 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay (Vacuum)[/font]

"Roger that boss, I'll stay here and assess what exactly we'll need to repair this mess. Be careful boys, mindbenders are nasty things to contend with."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on January 28, 2006, 11:52:27 PM
The doctor.

At the Pilot's command the doctor adds a well timed slap to bring the Baron back up to speed.

"Wake up Baron, no sleeping on the job!"
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on January 30, 2006, 05:53:16 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Jan 28 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback
28001[/snapback]]At the Pilot's command the doctor adds a well timed slap to bring the Baron back up to speed.

The baron grabs his head as he sits up, groaning at the pounding migraine reverberating around his skull.  As he grabs for a chair he glares venomously at the doctor for using such brutal, uneducated methods.  Slowly he manages to gain the seat before he grumbles, "It's a wonder any of his patients survive his care."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on January 30, 2006, 11:14:35 PM
The doctor:

"I haven't killed any of my patients, yet."

He says with an air of detatchment.  

"My prescription is that you get back to work and stop your bellyaching.  When there is time I will help you with a fitness regime, too.  You could do with a bit of physical shaping up."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on January 30, 2006, 11:26:51 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Jan 30 2006, 04:14 PM) [snapback
28083[/snapback]]
The doctor:

"I haven't killed any of my patients, yet."

He says with an air of detatchment.  

"My prescription is that you get back to work and stop your bellyaching.  When there is time I will help you with a fitness regime, too.  You could do with a bit of physical shaping up."

The baron...

"I did not say you killed them." as he lays his head in his hands hoping to expedite the depature of the headache with a scalp massage.  "It's not my body that I'm worried about."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on January 30, 2006, 11:50:26 PM
The doctor:

Appearing even more bored he palms a wicked looking vibroknife from one of his pockets.  He looks the fat baron up and down.

"I'm no neurosurgeon but I think I can excise most of the faulty brain matter if you require."

A gleam in the back of his eye makes you think that he means it too.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: allenmaher on January 31, 2006, 04:29:49 AM
Phill -

Signals Dutch and says "Dutch the short ones are looking this way funny and I don't feel like wasting an sandwhich on them... can I bag him?"

"Who's going to miss a short ugly robat anyway?"

Fingers trigger waiting for anything he can misinterpret as permission to shoot.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on January 31, 2006, 04:29:57 PM
Once Zaras and the Medic climb down from the top of the ship and start walking towards the back wall, the short robot with the clipboard starts walking very quickly towards them, waving the clipboard at them
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on January 31, 2006, 09:18:32 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Jan 30 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback
28085[/snapback]]
"I'm no neurosurgeon but I think I can excise most of the faulty brain matter if you require."

A gleam in the back of his eye makes you think that he means it too.

"And I could excise most of the faulty knowledge you have.  I doubt I could keep you from doing little more than drooling and babeling incoherently after I'm finished, I fear."  Toulaan turns his head slowly, as his eyes come into view the malice pouring out of them is unmistakeable.

OOC: Toulaan is by no means a Harkonen.  He is the prime of his life and in at least relatively good physical condition.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on February 01, 2006, 10:43:07 PM
The doctor:

The doctor appears unmoved by neither the telepath's physical condition or his threats.

"I ran a busy department for two years in that very condition.  Try your worst and I'll kick your sorry, spoon-bending backside all over this ship."

The baron's best attempt at malevolence is wasted upon the doctor's current inability to fear for his own safety that borders on the psychotic.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on February 01, 2006, 11:16:41 PM
Reegus - Pilot - On the Bridge

Reegus muffles his own snickering as he watches the exchange between the doctor and the baron on his monitor station.

"Well, if we need to make a hasty retreat, at least we know who'll stay behind to provide the distraction," he jokes to everyone on the bridge with him (comms closed).
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on February 02, 2006, 02:55:45 AM
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Feb 1 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback
28159[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - On the Bridge

Reegus muffles his own snickering as he watches the exchange between the doctor and the baron on his monitor station.

"Well, if we need to make a hasty retreat, at least we know who'll stay behind to provide the distraction," he jokes to everyone on the bridge with him (comms closed).

Ryan shrugs his shoulders. "Worst thing about it... we need those two probably more than anyone else." He smiles and adds, "Present company withstanding of course."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on February 02, 2006, 04:33:31 PM
The baron on the bridge of the Jenny Mae

With the pounding inside his head (from the recent psionic encounter) subsiding into a mere inconvenience he dismisses the doctor's final retort as little more than the quiet buzzing of a gnat as he expounds upon his initial report.

"Captain, although there is a single powerful malevilent psionic force onboard, there are many smaller benevolent psionic entities that came to my aid.  It would seem that there is some kind of conflict aboard this 'derelict.'  I think it wise if we try to contact these benevolent beings.  I should be able to speak with them but my range to do so is limited and I must be able to see them."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on February 02, 2006, 05:47:55 PM
"I was afraid something like this would happen." answers Ryan.

"Reegus, it's not as if we're going anywhere without the others. So rather than sit around waiting for them to go shooting up the good guys, let's suit up and join them. Baron and Doc - you're both coming along too." advises Ryan.  As he prepares himself he mumbles quietly, "I hate this stuff. It's so much easier going in after the fact..."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: lonejedi on February 02, 2006, 05:56:51 PM
Reegus - Pilot - Preparing to Disembark

"Sure, 'it'll be a quick and easy job' they say.  'Just fly these people around and collect your money' they promise.  'Nothing could possibly go wrong'," Reegus grumbles to himself as he resigns himself to heading aft to find an environment suit and the biggest weapon he thinks he can handle.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on February 03, 2006, 06:00:39 AM
[Landing Bay Outside the Ship]

Zaras and the Medic head towards the back wall of the landing bay, the short robot with the clipboard chases after them, gesturing frantically.  He eventually catches up to them, types something into the clipboard and shows it to Zaras, who reads it off over the comn unit.
"He's asking to see our security clearance card, we aren't allowed to be in the landing bay while it is in vacumn without clearance"
Zaras picks up the clipboard and types a note back.  The robot then takes it reads it, types again and hands it back, then points towards one of the larger robots standing by the left hand airlock.
"He's says the Security Guard can take us to a waiting room until they clear the door and restore the atmosphere, I think we'll go check it out"
They start walking towards the airlock.

Meanwhile the other robot has taken the small elevator up to the catwalk and has entered the control booth for the crane.  The crane moves along the rails on the ceiling until it is over top of the cargo pod and lowers a large grapple down from the crane over top of the cargo pod.  The grapple gets attached to the pod, then several amber lights start flashing in the Landing Bay.  Nothing else seems to be happening at the moment, Zaras and the Medic are just reaching the airlock.

[/size]
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on February 04, 2006, 08:12:25 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Feb 2 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback
28184[/snapback]]
The baron on the bridge of the Jenny Mae

With the pounding inside his head (from the recent psionic encounter) subsiding into a mere inconvenience he dismisses the doctor's final retort as little more than the quiet buzzing of a gnat as he expounds upon his initial report.

"Captain, although there is a single powerful malevilent psionic force onboard, there are many smaller benevolent psionic entities that came to my aid.  It would seem that there is some kind of conflict aboard this 'derelict.'  I think it wise if we try to contact these benevolent beings.  I should be able to speak with them but my range to do so is limited and I must be able to see them."

The doctor sneers as the baron backs down from confrontation with a real man.  

"Be careful out there baron."

He reluctantly leaves to collect his medical equipment and a large laser pistol.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: TJ on February 05, 2006, 02:03:34 AM
Ryan rejoins the others, dressed ready for the mission, and carrying a laser rifle in his hands. He comments quickly to Reegus, "I'm not very good with this thing, but I guess I am better with it than I would be trying to cut a foe down with harsh words."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on February 09, 2006, 04:58:48 AM
The baron takes the high road and maintains his diplomatic solution by letting the child throw his cute little tantrum.  After climbing into a suitable suit and grabing a laser pistol, just in case, he meets Reegus and the Capt. in the airlock, ready for scouting duty.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on February 14, 2006, 08:29:38 PM
Zaras and the Medic go through the airlock, you can hear the Medic reporting over the comm units:
"We are going down a corridor, we've gone about 100 meters and are now turning to the right.  Okay, there's a door at the end, the robot's put some sort of card into a slot near the door.  It's opened up.  It looks like it this is some sort of subway system or something.  Okay, we are getting into one of the subway cars.  Actually, I'm not sure this is such a great idea, too late, it's starting to move.  Geez this thing is moving fas...."  
Now all you get is static, seem like they must have moved out of range, or something is interfering with the comm.

Meanwhile, the crane has lifted the frieght box and pulled it into the landing bay and the landing bay doors have closed.
It appears that the bay is being repressurized.

Another security robot has come out of the airlock that Zaras and the Medic went through and is standing by the door.
The folks in the ship have finished suiting up and are ready to go through the airlocks.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on February 19, 2006, 08:46:09 PM
The Doctor:

Grins.

"After you, El Baron.  I got your back ..."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Maelstrom on February 19, 2006, 11:14:38 PM
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Feb 19 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback
28874[/snapback]]
The Doctor:

Grins.

"After you, El Baron.  I got your back ..."



The Baron:

Smiling as he states sarcastically, "Seeing that you fear for your hide, I would not hesitate to be a part of the vanguard to insure it's protection from those things that go bump in the night."
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: Gribble on February 19, 2006, 11:25:49 PM
"You have a pretty mouth, Baron.  For that I insist that I go first.  We don't want your head being damaged just yet, do we?"

The doctor shoves his way to the front of the group.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: crayok on February 20, 2006, 08:51:58 AM
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay (Vacuum)[/font]

With the two of them gone out in the corridor Prescott gets back to the task at hand and starts making a list of what is really needed to repair at least enough to get it functional.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on February 20, 2006, 03:47:03 PM
The list of required parts comes together pretty quickly.  The major things are lots of cabling and some sort of hull plating to cover the holes.  There are some other smaller parts that would be good as well, but most of those could be jury rigged, especially if you can locate a decent machine shop.
As for who goes first out the airlock, there are two emergency airlocks that can be used, so while the Baron and Doctor are bantering at one, the rest of the crew makes use of the other and gets out on top of the ship.
Title: IC - Stranded in Space
Post by: ob1knorrb on February 27, 2006, 05:37:34 AM
Continued in:
http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1319 (http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1319)