HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2019, 09:56:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350191
  • Total Topics: 7457
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Scene 01  (Read 15949 times)

Offline Becky

• Knight of the Round Table
    • http://www.geocities.com/rebecca_tanis/mypage.html
Scene 01
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 02:55:12 PM »
OC: Yes, Vashti accepted the communication. Although, with prudence. Her grandmother taught her that Sensualists were non-productive and lazy. Vashti does not want to become intermingled with one (although I'm sure she's going to for the excitement!).  ;)
Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, "grow."

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 09:04:55 AM »
OOC: Sorry I missed that last post or I would have responded.

As Vashti accepts the communication, she feels a slow mental caress.

Hello and welcome. Are you here for the music, or for me? She feels a seductive smile in those thoughts. Perhaps both of those reasons would be nice.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2005, 04:13:27 PM »

Vashti mentally replies to Tyler, "I think you have your choice of any woman out there. From what I've seen so far, they would do anything you asked of them. You might have better luck with one of them." She lets slip, "but damn, you're hot."

Once back at the table, Vashti slides into the booth next to Jason. "Jason, the band seems so nice! Just a bunch of regular Joes." Vashti leans into the table and says, "I think Melody has a crush on you", she says coyly. "What? Who's Melody?" is Jason's reply. "Oh, I'm sorry. Our waitress is named Melody. She told me she thought that you were very cute." Jason blushes from the compliment. "Well ... she didn't seem to think so when you took me over there." "Oh, that. She was worried about getting caught sneaking people backstage is all." Vashti smiles at Jason and gives him a kiss on the cheek. "But I told her that she couldn't have you because you are all mine!" "That's right. My heart could belong to no other woman", Jason says as he theatrically places a hand over his heart. "I guess you won't be needing her digits then", Vashti says while pulling the napkin out of her pocket. "I'll just toss this on my way out." Vashti holds the napkin in the air and Jason tries to reach for it. "Oh, so you are interested. Well, I guess I'll have to step aside to let your heart seek it's mate", Vashti says with hurt playfulness. Vashti sets the napkin on the table and Jason picks it up, placing it in his own pocket. "My dearest, I am merely exploring my options. You will win my heart in the end", Jason beams a bright playful smile at Vashti. "I see you took the liberty of ordering me another beer." "I told you, tonight is on me. Drink up and enjoy", Jason says with emphasis.

The lights start to dim in the club and the buzzing chatter starts to die down. A spotlight is turned on the stage.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 05:18:38 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2005, 04:35:28 PM »
Vashti feels the equivalent of a mental smile. I won't deny that I have an attractive nature. Yet at the same time, it can be a problem. I am always noticed and at times the attention isn't wanted.
His thoughts move like a soft silken caress. You sense no trace of any doubts or hesitation in this intimate form of communication.
You speak like your gift does not set you above most others.  Why, out of a club full of fans, was I able to pick you out, even before you came backstage?

The club seems to take on a whole new feel as the music starts. Jason, cuts off in mid sentence, talking about some shopping plans he has made, as the first words are sung along with a low, careful guitar riff.
The words speak of reaching out to discover hope, of stretching forth to uncover truth.
Then from the shadows, Tyler, the blond haired singer, steps forward, his body and voice projecting control and power.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 05:29:48 PM by eijatriis »
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2005, 05:10:46 PM »

As Vashti hears Tyler's voice she is mesmerized by its sound. Her full attention is drawn toward him. Vashti can't help but feel excited by his presence. She feels a deep sexual attraction draw itself from within her. As Vashti watches the band perform, she imagines what he must be like in bed. She envisions her and Tyler tangled together, wrapped in sheets, dampened with sweat and ecstacy.

Suddenly, Vashti's grandmother, Azadeh, appears across the table from her. "Vu watch out for dis von, Vashti. Sensualist not tryink to help others. He only vatch for himself." Vashti lowers her head toward her grandmother and whispers, "I know, Nanna. I'm only looking." "Vu do more than look. Vu see intimate moment. I know, Vashti, he look nice, but don't touch. Stick with Jason. He nice man." "Yes, Nanna. I know." Azadeh knods and with that, she is gone.

Vashti glances over at Jason to see if he noticed her conversation, but he is still watching the band. He couldn't have heard her over the music playing.

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2005, 05:21:21 PM »
Relavites can be such a bother.[/i] Tyler's mental thread brings to Vashti's awareness. It is hard to connect this slow and relaxed tone to the man that is performing up on the stage. The shirt is open and showing a nearly perfect body. The light glistens off the persperation on his form. It almost seems as if the moisture is there for effect more than due to exertions of his performance.

My father was almost always gone. The only one of my family I can really depend upon is my twin.[/i]
He pauses a bare moment to let that sink in.
The two of us in the same place might be too much of a disruption.[/i]
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2005, 05:49:05 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE
Relavites can be such a bother.[/i]

You saw her? You saw my Nana?

Quote from: QUOTE
The only one of my family I can really depend upon is my twin.The two of us in the same place might be too much of a disruption.[/i]

I can imagine, that must cause quite a ruckus. Does he have the same talents as you?

Vashti begins to feel uncomfortable from this unspoken conversation. It is confusing to her that Tyler can be doing two completely different things at once. She knows that it is possible, she does it herself, but to know that someone else is doing it seems strange to her. She had not come across others that shared in this trait, aside from her grandmother. The beer, the atmosphere, and the sexual fantasies had taken their toll. Her head spinned.

Vashti leaned into Jason and said in his ear, "I'm going to get some fresh air." "Do you want me to come with you?" he yelled back. "No, I'll be fine." Vashti slid out of the booth, put on her coat, and made her way through the crowd. Once outside, she breathed in the cool air deeply and asked someone outside if she could bum a smoke from them. "Five years down the drain", she thought as she lit the cigarette.

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2005, 06:17:07 PM »
Tyler's mental presence seemed to embrace Vashti as he continued.
Yes, I could sense her. Her power and presence would be hard to hide from one of the gifted.
A mental smile
I am a little more gifted than most.

My brother is like me in almost every way.

It is a bit more uncomfortable as Vashti realizes that he is aware of her discomfort at the communication.
We can speak later, REALLY speak if you prefer, but I give you liberty and freedom to pursue your own course.

The last statement has a ring of magic to it. A bit of reflection and she realizes that with magic on her own part, she could remove the mystical connection, although very weak, it still exists, that has been made in the short contact with Tyler. This would remove the ties that would allow him to find Vashti easier than if he had never met her. On the other side, it works both ways. She would have to go looking for him again without the benefits of magic. Though she are certain that she could find him easier than he could find her. A rocker is going to be far easier to locate than a university scholar.

As Vashti looks around for something to release the tension, she sees a person walking toward her. The sensuality that seems to flow from this person makes it rather obvious that he isn't just some random person. A quick check makes her realize that since Tyler is still performing, this HAS to be the twin.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2005, 06:56:53 PM »
OC: Okay, so Vashti can disconnect by magic. Didn't know that. Humph. I think she'll keep the connection there for a while, even against the advice of her grandmother. She is flattered by the attention.

Vashti exhales the smoke from her cigarette and watches as the man approaches.

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2005, 07:03:51 PM »
Nice night isn't it?
The voice has the same seductive resonance. Almost dangerous in how aluring it is.
As he steps closer, it seems as if the tension seems to flow away. Part of Vashti is concerned at how easy it is to feel relaxed around this person, in spite of not really knowing him, but at the same time, she can sense a strong feeling of being safe.

I am sure that the performance was a little too potent for someone that is able to perceive as much as you can. We don't mind that you had to step away for a moment to collect yourself.
He steps close enough to reach out to touch her shoulder.
Would you like to take a walk? It isn't the best of views, but I am certain that it would be better together than alone.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2005, 07:15:12 PM »

"Sure. That would be lovely. Just give me one moment." Vashti pulls her cell phone from her coat and texts Jason: I'm out. Have a good night. See you tomorrow.

Vashti slips her arm into the twin's and says, "lead the way." As she walks away, she hears her grandmother knocking, but Vashti closes the door.

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2005, 04:55:02 PM »
The twin slips his hand down to take Vashti's as the step away from the club.
My name's Toby he says. His warm and comfortable nature making Vashti feel pretty comfortable. Two steps into the walk brings a slight surprise. Touching someone usually meant she felt their surface thoughts. It was very helpful in some situations, especially in the dating arena. With Toby, all she felt was a confident and comfortable man. She realized that he probably knew how to shield his thoughts, much like she did. This time, she wished that she could see if his thoughts said anything about how he felt.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2005, 06:21:38 PM »

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Toby. My name is Vashti. But I suppose you already know that." Vashti glances up at him quickly with a little smile. Trying to make the conversation a little less akward, Vashti says, "so tell me, what do you do for a living?"

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2005, 06:38:04 PM »
I do what comes up. I am curious to what you do. We find it hard to fit into normal situations. Our talents seem to stir up things that usually turn out rather odd. I think that is why we tend to keep to the club circuits. A bit of laughter comes out and draws Vashti even deeper into the companionship of the walk. There are enough weird things going on at clubs that we don't stand out so much.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2005, 06:52:27 PM »

"Me? You want to know what I do?" Vashti is a bit taken back. She hadn't thought of her line of work as an interesting topic of conversation, but she wanted to impress this man, so she said, "I am currently working on a way to end world hunger. I feel that my life's work is intended to cure all misery in this world, one step at a time." Realizing how naive and overeccentric that sounds, Vashti stops and turns to look at Toby. "But I like to have fun with my time away from work", she grins.

Vashti takes a moment to look at her watch, and realizing what time it is says, "it's getting late. I should be heading home."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 08:37:31 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2005, 07:05:30 PM »
Home? he turns and with a wistful expression, Is that a polite way to say you tire of my company, or do you think that you need the rest and relaxation after a hard day solving the world's problems? A smile grows on his face, I won't promise that a night with me will leave you rested, but I can tell you with certainty that it will not be something that is easily forgotten.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2005, 08:36:30 PM »

Vashti considers this proposal and, with much hesitation, says, "oh, no. It's not that I tire of your company. It's just that I have another long day ahead of me tomorrow." Considering the circumstances of the situation she has found herself in, Vashti asks, "would you like to walk me home? Maybe have some coffee?"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 08:39:43 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2005, 03:44:41 PM »
Walking home sounds like a wonderful way to begin. Toby says with a smile. Do you wish to go fast or slow? If you enjoy the walking, then we will go slow, if you wish to be home now, then we will go fast. The mention of being home brings up ideas of possibilities of having this sensual man in her home. The presence of Nana tries to push through to demand acknowledgement.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 05:15:54 PM »

Nervous about the prospect of having Toby in her apartment, Vashti says, "let's walk slow. Let's enjoy the night's fresh air." Vashti mentally tells her nana, "not now, I'll talk to you later." Apparently nana could sense Vashti's irritation and insistence, and so she went away.

Vashti knows that she shouldn't have Toby in her apartment, her nana would/will be so upset with her for doing it, but Vashti is intrigued by meeting someone with the same abilities as her own. For all of her life, she knew that there were others like her and her grandmother, but she had never met them. Vashti had felt so alone for so long that the prospect at having a companion that understood all aspects of her life was too great for her to walk away from. She believed that her nana would eventually understand. Even if Toby was a sensualist, at least she would have someone to talk to.

As they stroll to her apartment, they chat about the club, the stars, the moon, and the night air. Once they reach the door to Vashti's apartment, she fumbles with her keys a bit before getting the door open. Once inside, she turns on some lamps and hangs up her jacket. She says to Toby, "make yourself comfortable. I'll start the coffee." Vashti goes into the kitchen and starts to brew the coffee in her French press.

OC: There is no need to worry about Sarah appearing. There is an unspoken understanding that Sarah comes over on the nights Vashti visits the coffee shop. They have mutual respect for one another in knowing that their usual lives must go on as well.

If Toby has a seat in the living room, he will notice an eclectic choice of furniture and decorations of moderate expense. The style of the living room is uncommon, but clean and comfortable. There is a scent in the air of burned incense and perfume. The couch is a dark green velvet and the chair is a purple cotton. There is a coffee table made of carved oak that holds many candles. There is a bookcase in the corner filled with all sorts of medical journals and supernatural interest books. Pictures sitting on the bookcase hold snapshots of what appears to be family. There are two pictures of whom do not look like family members; one male, and one female. On the wall opposite the couch, there is a small television set sitting on top of a small table and a boombox sits on top of the television.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 07:43:55 PM by Becky »

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2005, 06:09:31 PM »

Vashti brings the french coffee press, cups, sugar, and creamer out to the sitting room on a tray. She places the tray on the coffee table and sits on a floor pillow. She presses the coffee and passes Toby a cup. "I know it takes a little longer to brew this way, but I like it better."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 06:10:52 PM by Becky »

Advertisement