HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2019, 10:51:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350141
  • Total Topics: 7456
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 8
Total: 9

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: Scene 02  (Read 15373 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« on: October 20, 2005, 06:41:30 PM »
Setting: (City to be determined still)

The day is pretty average for Dylan. A week from the coming Saturday, his brother Patrick will be getting married. His fiance, Helena, recently discovered that she was pregnant. The wedding was planned before this discovery, but they are a bit embarrassed that the timing of the birth might be suspicious.

Dylan has found that he has been asked to do some potentially illegal things in exchange for the Medicine. The details haven't been revealed, but the hint that they will be needing some 'Special' help with some problems.

The last several days, he has been interrupted from time to time by a small boy that shows up at some odd and inconvenient times.

OOC: Any details for the story that you want, names of people you know or similar things, should be PM'd, or posted in OOC.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 05:50:06 PM by eijatriis »
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 03:08:13 PM »
Dylan
 
It's been a long day, Dylan doesn't exactly know what he did, but it's been long.  
 
Dylan looks at the clock. It's evening, at last. Just a couple of hours more. Within a couple of hours Greg's shift starts...

Dylan is waiting on his couch, staring at his tv. He doesn't know what's on, he's just staring, thinking: Who's the little boy? Is he a little boy, is he even real? Dylan wanders He looks real enough. Suddenly he realizes that he's playing with the remote. Did I grab it? where did it come from? I don't remember...
 
He get's up. "Time to go, I got to get out" Dylan walks to the door, grabs his coat and walks out of his apartment. Looks left and right, looks if there's a person out there. The makes his way up the stairs. He lives on the fifth floor, so only two stairs up to the roof. Locked. The janitor had another padlock put on it, time to get to work.
 
OOC: I'd like to try to pick the lock
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 05:27:10 PM by bionic_insanity »

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 03:34:57 PM »
This lock, like most others you have encountered, doesn't prove to be too much of a challenge. As usual, when you try to think too much about what you are doing, the process often becomes confusing and difficult. So you just let your mind free and your hands pull the pins and wires from your pockets and within a minute or two, the lock turns and you are on the roof.

The sounds of the city below can be heard. An echo of someone screaming "Macaroni" is heard. This scream startles a raven perched upon a wire.
Near the wall that is around the whole rooftop, you see a small table with two stools. Upon the table is a chessboard. It looks as if the white has made the first move.

You feel a strange sense of deja vu, and the world spins around.

Your eyes snap open and you find yourself upon your bed. Feeling a bit odd, you jump up and hurriedly grab a dose of the medicine. The weight of the padlock in your pocket brings the truth jarring into your mind that it wasn't just a dream.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 09:17:20 AM »
Dylan
 
Am I going insane? Is this lock real? Dylan gets up, his head is aching. As usual he checks his room, making sure all is in place, if all the details are correct.
 
After making sure that he's in the real world again, he grabs his coat and goes for the door. Just before grabbing the handle he stops. Oh no, I'm not doing that again tonight.
He walks up to the kitchen window, looking outside if someone is on the fire escape. After that he opens his window and gets out, closing the window behind him and goes down the ladders. When he gets down, he gets on his bike (which is always behind the garbage container in the alley) and drives towards the hospital.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 05:25:11 PM by bionic_insanity »

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 05:11:02 PM »
The bike is JUST like you left it when last you rode it.
Something feels wrong about it even though it is exactly right.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 05:36:25 PM »
Dylan

What the... something's odd. Dylan has learned to trust his feelings more than his senses the last couple of years. He putts the bike back and considers his options. Suddenly Dylan is caught by a anxiety. I have to take the subway...
After taking a second to breath again, he makes his way to the subway, firmly holding the padlock in his pocket.

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 08:17:43 PM »
The lock feels as if it it wants to wriggle from your grasp as you make your way toward the public transportation.
As you move, you notice a paper bag lying in the middle of the sidewalk. It looks as if it is a fast food bag. As you take another step, the bag moves as if something is inside it.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 08:49:58 AM »
Dylan
 
I must be going out of my mind... Dylan walks slowly towards the bag and whispers to himself: "It's nothing, it's nothing, it's nothing." When he reaches the bag he cautiously tries to look inside.

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 02:42:18 PM »
As he touches the top of the bag to unroll it, a small pair of claws thrust out of the opening.
(Roll Dex and Wits to avoid getting a scratch. Difficulty 7, need 2 sucesses)
The paws are followed by the rest of the cute tortoise shell colored kitten. (This is a brown and black mixture of coloration)
 
It quickly extricates itself from the bag and comes toward Dylan.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 08:03:44 AM »
OOC:
Quote from: QUOTE
[ October 26, 2005, 1:00 am ] - bionic_insanity rolled 1d10 and obtained 4. Reason : Potential for the Truth: Dylan avoiding a cat scratch.
[ October 26, 2005, 1:00 am ] - bionic_insanity rolled 1d10 and obtained 6. Reason : Potential for the Truth: Dylan avoiding a cat scratch.
[ October 26, 2005, 1:00 am ] - bionic_insanity rolled 1d10 and obtained 5. Reason : Potential for the Truth: Dylan avoiding a cat scratch.
[ October 26, 2005, 1:00 am ] - bionic_insanity rolled 1d10 and obtained 6. Reason : Potential for the Truth: Dylan avoiding a cat scratch.
[ October 26, 2005, 1:00 am ] - bionic_insanity rolled 1d10 and obtained 10. Reason : Potential for the Truth: Dylan avoiding a cat scratch.
[ October 26, 2005, 1:00 am ] - bionic_insanity rolled 1d10 and obtained 2. Reason : Potential for the Truth: Dylan avoiding a cat scratch.

 
Dylan
 
"Auw, damn it kitty... You scared me."
Dylan walks on, looking back only once.

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 08:55:35 AM »
As Dylan walks away, he sees the tiny kitten running to keep up. The same moment he feels the sting on his hand. Looking at the hand, the red marks of a three scratches are seen.

Dylan arrives at the bus stop. The kitten tries to stay close, though it does seem to be rather curious and investigates a small bunch of leaves off the curb of the sidewalk that is near where Dylan stands.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 10:00:07 AM »
Dylan
 
"Go home kitty, you'll be better off."
Dylan says while waiting for the bus. And as he waits, he keeps an watchful eye over the kitten, to make sure nothing happens to her, at least not while he's around.

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 04:07:11 PM »
The bus arrives. Dylan enters and stopping by the coin bin at the front, he digs for some coins. There is enough and some extra, but there always seems to be enough change for most things in his pocket he has discovered. The bus is empty save for an older gentleman that is asleep about halfway back.

The kitten jumps up upon the back of one of the seats and looks at Dylan as if to suggest that this is the best seat.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 08:08:01 AM »
Dylan  
   
Dylan sits next to the kitten. "So you want to come along, do you? Well okay, at least you're real, as real as my scratch on my hand." Dylan smiles. "It's good to have a companion." Dylan keeps talking to the kitten the whole way. When they get of the bus he picks up the kitten and puts her in his hood. "So, it's nice and warm in there. You'll have to be quit for a while, no animals are aloud in the hospital you know. Just don't let the receptionist or the doctors see you."    
   
As Dylan enters the hospital, he makes his usual turn left to the left wing of the hospital, where the morgue is located. He goes through the double door, down the hall and the double doors at the end of that hall, the sign says: restricted area, authorized    employees only. This is a tiled room, just like a bathroom. In the wall to the left are metallic drawers, where Dylan knows the dead body's are kept. To the right are windows with closed blinds next to a door that leads to the office beyond. Dylan walks to the door and knocks.  
"Doc, Doc, are you in there?"

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 04:40:04 PM »
You know you shouldn't be in here. 'Doc' says coming to the door. He looks around and then draws Dylan inside. You need some more eh?

Dylan hears a slow yet quiet growl of disapproval from the kitten.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 09:23:49 AM »
Dylan

"Yeah. But I also want to talk to you about what you want me to do. Let us sit down and discuss it. At least we've some other things to talk about than world politics."
Dylan fakes a smile.

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 03:38:47 PM »
Politics eh? Doc' says pulling the door closed behind you. You should try politics. At least YOU realize you need help. He walks over to his desk and opens up a drawer, second one down from the top. He pulls out a bag. The bag is what is usually used to carry lab specimens in and out of the hospital. He sits the bag onto the desk before dropping down into his chair. He has never actually sat down. It is always like looking at someone falling down, except that he manages to direct his fall into the chair. The chair lets out an agonized sound upon catching his weight. Yes, there is something that you might do for us. He always uses US, but you have never seen nor heard from anyone but him. You know computers, right? He pauses just long enough for Dylan to start to answer before interrupting. I need.. ahem.. we need you to retrieve some information from one of the hospital directors upstairs. Can you do it? He places his hand over the bag, making it obvious that if the medicine is wanted, the answer should be yes.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 09:06:10 PM »
Dylan

"Ehm sure. But what kind of information? Do you want the guy's e-mail address or something?"
Dylan jokes nervously, kind of avoiding the subject and thinking: What am I getting myself into this time?

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 02
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 06:07:31 PM »
Doc shakes his head and laughs That is why I like you Dylan, always something to make me laugh. He draws a rather bulky item from a drawer. Plug this into the USB port and copy everything. I am sure that you can do that right?
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline bionic_insanity

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 154
    • http://www.idonthaveone.com
Scene 02
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 08:15:04 AM »
Dylan
 
"Ofcourse, what's the guy's name? Department? Floor? Anything?"
Dylan answered excitedly. "Hmmm, and do you have a white coat like yours for me? I may be less noticed that way"

 

Red Cap