HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2019, 09:50:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350141
  • Total Topics: 7456
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Scene 03  (Read 20953 times)

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2006, 10:35:46 PM »
"I am sorry, I thought it was a challenge.  I am new here and am just trying to explore and discover what there is to learn here.  If given the choice I would prefer to wander for now to discover what I can of the people and training that happens here."  Robin picked up his shoes, bowed and went on his way again observing the various combatants as he worked his way toward the white lion in a multiple kumite.  

OOC- sorry, but I lost the connection at work.

"Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2006, 08:33:14 AM »
Before we came here, many used what you say as Scream and Leap to challenge for leadership of Pride. Here now, it is about Right rather than Might. Strength and Power are still important, but here we do not suffer the limitations that age usually brings. He pauses for a moment. The Pride of Earth considers what we are doing here to be rebellion from the old order. I guess that is true, but not all rebellions are wrong and or evil.

As he talks, Robin can tell that this Simba male is in the prime of his life, yet the way he speaks makes it obvious that he is an elder. As he talks, a male white enters the space that the female is fighting in. The other combatants make way and the two whites begin to square off against one another.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2006, 11:04:11 AM »
"I understand.  Sometimes there are those who become so caught up in tradition that they refuse to see that there can be a better way."  Robin shrugged, "Of course those kinds of people are welcome not to become part of what they decry.  That is the way it was when the misbegotten offspring of Angreboda's Son came skulking their way North trying to force their beliefs on our people.  Then we stood claw and spell with the Allfather's Bears and drove them from our lands.  Unfortanely, the war they brought weakened out people to the point that our forefathers were unable to resist the Desert God's forces and our ways were almost lost.  We find it sad that today they carry with them an association with our Gods, but there is little we can do about that except show the world that they truly are the ones who would bring destruction to man and Gods."

Robin watched the white male Simba begin to fight in the ring, studying the way he would shift forms in mid battle to gain the upper hand.  He noted the beauty of the deadly dance.  He hoped that one day, when his job on Earth was a little less pressing that he could find the time to study here.   It would be useful in his own battles to defend humanity from the darkness.

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2006, 02:42:43 PM »
The two white, male and female, flow through the forms and attack with a determination that leaves ferocity behind. Robin can feel the magic ripple as they add mystical potential to the mix of their attacks.

Here comes the Bear now. He will have to be informed that teleportation is dangerous when done in such frequency.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2006, 03:00:38 PM »
Robin watched the two spar, almost mesmerised by the use of magic.  He let his own senses shift to passively observe how their patterns were changing and to see how their magic flowed to help in the change. (OOC-Robin has a life magic of 3)  At the words of the guide, he looked up to see the person approaching.

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »
As Robin watches the two, he discerns a level of Life magic working. Almost in a martial Kata, they refresh the pattern that is their living existance. It seems a bit excessive though it would certainly keep them it good health, but he could see easier ways to do that.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2006, 05:55:54 PM »
Robin notes what he sees and wonders how it could be done in combat that didnt' require a total refreshing.  To him it seemed like making a complete backup of the hard drive of a computer every time you went to save a file.  He was sure that there was a better way of doing it that didn't require such an expenditure of energy that could better be focused into reflexes or strikes.  He thought about it as he watched wondering if he could train himself to do as well.  Of course he also recognized that he was dealing with lions and they were a much more communal creature therefore spent more time fighting among each other.  Tigers, especially Siberians being more massive tended to also be more of loners, and made up for their shortcomings in experience with raw strength.  Learning to fight as the lions do might be a good advantage to have when dealing with the darker wolves.

He continued to listen to the guide with him as he kept one eye on the combat and one on the approach figure that the guide labled as a bear.  Bears were of the good.  They were the Allfather's creature and had stood with Freyja's Children against Fenrir's offspring.  He was somewhat excited at the prospect of meeting one.

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2006, 07:28:50 PM »
The bear approaches and gets a short distance away before speaking Could I join you two? That is if I'm not interrupting you. I have some questions about the way the sparring is being carried out, and thought that I might like to try some of it myself. The Lion mentor turns toward the bear The sparring is arranged between the two parties. The rules are determined at the onset.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 07:31:31 PM by eijatriis »
Self proclaimed bard

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2006, 09:52:19 PM »
Robin stepped forward to the other man and said, "I am Marshall Robin Greenbough, US Marshall's Service." He offered his hand and added, "I'm sort of new around here and was just looking around.  It's an interesting technique they're using here and maybe something I might try after I've had enough time to study it some more."

Robin is a small man, barely clearing 5'6" with blond hair and ice blue eyes.  He carries himself with a grace and controlled power only possessed by shapeshifters.  He's youngish appearing to be in his early to mid twenties and is dressed in a pair of stylish dark blue Dockers, a pink button down shirt with a blue tie, and a gray tweed jacket.  He's carrying a pair of loafers in the other hand.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:53:40 PM by cobalt-blue »

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 03
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2006, 11:37:25 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(cobalt-blue @ Sep 13 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback
38506[/snapback]]
Mack meets the hand Robin offers with his own. I'm Captain, ohh Officer Macklin McClintock. Just got out of special forces, and part of a SWAT team now, though I've got to get word to them... My friends call me Mack. I just got here myself. Tell you more about it if you like. I'm just now looking around myself. I was thinking the same thing myself, and I'd like to study the squad tactics they're using and that obstacle course as well. What I really need though is a way to keep myself from being detected... and to get some clothes back, says Mack with a grin. What do you say that we study it for awhile and give it a try, asks Mack.

Mack is 6' 7" and around 300 lbs. There's no fat on him and he gives the appearance of overwhelming strength, though not as much grace as raw strength. There is a studied sureness to his movements, though not speedy. Mack appears to be in his mid to late 20's. He has dark hair that is short cropped and he has steely grey eyes, though his manner is amiable and likeable. He currently is wearing nothing but a pair of cotton boxers..

Robin shrugged and said, "Not much to tell really.  I was on my way to talk to somebody about a case that seemed a little off kilter when I get a weird phone call.  I dial a certain key code that I kept hearing and all these clowns suddenly show up in my livingroom.  The next thing I know, I'm here trying to figure out if I want to stay, become simply associated, or go home.  There seems to be a lot here to learn, but at the same time, I have a certain level of repsonsibility back on Midgarth that I can't leave."  He turned to where the lions are deep in their kumite and adds, "Still, this form of fighting by shifting shape could be useful in my role as both a mundane US Marshall, and as one who's been charged to stand between mankind and the darkness."