HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2019, 11:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350141
  • Total Topics: 7456
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Scene 05  (Read 29785 times)

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 04:42:08 PM »
Taking the runes into consideration, Mack casually states aloud to the professor, Sorry about that, this fly interrupted your lecture, please excuse the interruption and continue. Mack smile's gently at the professor as he says this, turning the attention to himself. When the professor turns his attention back to the lecture, after saying whatever he says, Mack will glance at the girl reassuringly, reach over and gently take her hand for a reassuring sqeeze. Thinking of the danger rune he focuses on each member of the class more closely with his magical senses, starting with the fly, then the professor, then the girl next to him, then each other to see if he notices anything strange.
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 04:44:48 PM »
OOC: Just in case things move quickly, Mack wants to talk to the girl, let's call her Christy, ;) some more...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 06:10:13 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 04:45:25 PM »
OOC: Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 05
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 03:09:18 AM »
OCC: Thanks and happy day to you as well.

IC: The lecture wasn't really interrupted by the sound, the professor kept discussing the topics of that day.

Mack notices two people paying more attention than normal to him. One is a dark toned man with longish dark hair. It seems to be a bit on the greasy side. The other is a smartly dressed young woman with short business cut blond hair. Her wire framed glasses accent her looks rather than subtract from them.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 03:33:55 AM »
OOC: You're welcome and thanks back

IC: Mack will study them from the corners of his vision, not looking directly at them and still watching the professor and taking notes on what he says. He focuses on anything odd that stands out about them other than just the fact that they are paying so much attention on him. If he doesn't pick up anything through his magical senses he will turn suddenly as though just realizing someone is looking at him, smile casually and nod at both of them. He will let them see that he notices the attention, but appear very casual about it.

OOC: Does the professor appear to be a good lecturer?
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 03:35:40 AM »
OOC: You're welcome and thanks back

IC: Mack will study them from the corners of his vision, not looking directly at them and still watching the professor and taking notes on what he says. He focuses on anything odd that stands out about them other than just the fact that they are paying so much attention on him. If he doesn't pick up anything through his magical senses he will turn suddenly as though just realizing someone is looking at him, smile casually and nod at both of them. He will let them see that he notices the attention, but appear very casual about it.

OOC: Does the professor appear to be a good lecturer?
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 05
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005, 03:31:40 PM »
The professor does seem to be pretty good at the lecture, but Mack is finding it hard to concentrate with all the extra distractions. He could filter out the other things and focus on the class, or keep his observations going.
The two people looking at him might just be the fact that he is a person that can stand out within a crowd. The woman might be attracted to him, and perhaps the man might be one of the jock's companions and thinking the usual 'He is big, but I could take him' kind of thoughts.
To discover any more details on these two, would take more active magic. The passive stuff he is using now isn't really detectable by others.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2005, 12:25:41 AM »
Mack will filter out the other things and concentrate on class for now.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 01:49:44 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 05
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2005, 08:01:56 PM »
The lecture flows as expected. It is kind of hard to avoid paying attention to the two that are watching him. The very fact that they are, makes Mack pay more attention to them. His notes suffer a bit, but he feels as if he has enough to go on. The class is done with some mention of some stuff to read before the next session. The long haired fellow moves toward the exit almost as soon as possible. The blond haired woman stands up and fixes her hair as she looks into a mirror. The jock walks toward Mack, but seems to be looking at the girl sitting next to him. She is dialing a number into her cell phone, oblivious to the jock's movement.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 12:29:49 AM »
As class finishes and Mack sees Christy dialing the number, he smiles saying quietly, When you have time, I'd love to talk more... not to interupt your call, but maybe a stop at Starbucks? Mack smiles at her and waits for her answer.

He notices the blond fixing her hair, but chooses to investigate those two at a later time, paying attention to rollcall next class to catch their names and start from there. He wants to know something about them, but right now he wants to get to know Christy a little better more than the other... :).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 01:01:17 AM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 05
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2005, 11:22:58 AM »
She seems to have zoned out any sounds but that of the phone as she starts to walk toward the doorway. Mack does see the jock moving to intercept Christy. He can't be around her all day, so either he will have to let him, or figure some way to keep the arrogant fellow from being such a creep.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2005, 02:16:15 AM »
Mack intercepts the jock, and with a friendly, but irresistable grip on his arm, says: Friend, we need to talk. He leads him aside and tells him, pointedly. It's obvious, if not to you, that Christy doesn't like your company. It wouldn't look good for you to be run in on a charge of harrassment, now would it. I suggest that you set your sights somewhere else, as in immediately. Take this as a friendly warning, I don't want to have to follow up on it in other ways. Mack looks at him very closely in the face, allowing his eyes to change color, and his voice to drop to to a deep beastial growl. You don't want me to get angry about this, now do you? This should give Christy time to get well away from the class. Still in the deep beastly growl (think teen wolf :) ) Mack tells him, I don't want to see you anywhere near her, I hope we have total understanding on this. If I see you approach her you will not like what happens. He watches the jock walk shakily away, not in the direction that Christy took. All of this was done in a way not to leave bruises, pressure points were used, and general intimidation.

Having this taken care of, he looks to see if the girl with the blond hair is still in the room. If so, he will approach her with a friendly smile, saying, Hi, I'm Mack could I ask your name? He pauses a moment and says, I couldn't help noticing you watching me during class... I was curious and thought I'd like to meet you. Why are you taking this class?

OOC: If she's already gone save the same conversation for the next class meeting.
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 05
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2005, 11:54:46 AM »
As the jock, let's call him Brock, leaves, Mack turns to see the blond woman looking pretty intently at him. As he approaches, she speaks as he gets closer, "Why are you wasting your time here?"
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2005, 01:37:59 PM »
Slightly taken aback, it takes him a moment to recover. Why do you say I'm wasting my time here? I knew that you were thinking something the way you were watching me, but... Mack smiles at her quizically and disarmingly. What should I be doing with my time?

Depending on her answer, he will more actively use his magic to examine her now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 01:42:09 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 05
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2005, 03:35:03 PM »
I can show you what I mean, but it can't be done here.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2005, 12:48:25 AM »
Mack smiles his friendly smile again, telling her Sure, if you can show me a better direction I'm always interested. Where are we heading, he asks? As he does so he uses some of his more active magic to investigate her.

Mack will ask that they take his hybrid SUV unless the location is on campus.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 12:51:05 AM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 05
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2005, 01:00:35 PM »
OOC: How are you casting this magic? Remember that Mack learned from a shaman relative, so his magic is going to take the form of native american ritual. Another question is 'What is Mack trying to do with the magic?
The next post will have to wait until I find out these answers as they will affect what happens next.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2005, 03:05:42 PM »
OOC: I was just coming back to edit my post and change my mind about the active magic for now. I will wait until later, and fast, using my pipe and blowing smoke to the north, south, east, and west and seeking answers through visions about these two I have encountered. When he does this he seeks anything unusual, or magical in nature about her or the man with the long hair. Let me study rituals of the Souix and some of the eskimo tribes so that it follows his character. These are the only rituals that I know follows Souix shamanistic custom right now, other than using the sweat lodge followed by plunging into cold water. I think he can emulate that at the local YMCA. Let's just get on with the role playing for now. Cut out the active magic for later use.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 03:21:09 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 05
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 03:12:35 AM »
OOC: Ok cool ideas.

As a lady, I am entitled to my mysteries. It isn't very far away though.

She leads the way, and Mack finds himself unable to resist watching her as she walks ahead of him. He figured she must be a dancer or a cheerleader with the way she moves as well as how nice she looks when she does. Before he can direct toward his own vehicle, his attention is brought to the sound of a car beeping.
Here we go. she says slipping into a dark blue sporty sedan popping the door open for Mack.
The seats go back pretty far, you should be comfortable enough.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 05
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 05:03:24 AM »
Mack gets into the car, making sure that he sits with access to his automatic, just in case, though he's more inclined to handle things hands on if need be. He slides into the seat, and with humor tells her, Okay, let's see what you want to show me?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 02:48:39 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Advertisement