HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2019, 09:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350141
  • Total Topics: 7456
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: Scene 05  (Read 29784 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2005, 03:33:39 PM »
She chuckles slightly and pulls out of the parking lot. She doesn't instigate any conversation as they drive out.

OOC: It doesn't mean they can't talk, just that Mack will have to start talking if he wants to.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2005, 12:37:47 AM »
OOC: I read the post wrong. I thought there must be a driver blowing the horn... :D

BIC: While we're on the way let's get to know each other a little better, I'm Mack, what's your name? Mack smiles at her, completely relaxed, remaining calm as he wonders where they are going. My name's Susan.

Mack is amused, and allows it to show, with a twinkle in his eye as he asks, Can you give me a hint, or is it too much of a secret?
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2005, 01:42:47 PM »
OOC: In this case, you don't get to run the NPC. :D

BIC: While we're on the way let's get to know each other a little better, I'm Mack, what's your name? Mack smiles at her, completely relaxed, remaining calm as he wonders where they are going.

She doesn't take her eyes from the road, a slight smirk appears on her face. You really need to be more careful about giving out information about yourself Mack she laughs quietly as she maneuvers the vehicle quite expertly through the traffic. Mack starts to speak again but the car decelerates quickly and the blond woman makes an angry sound before hitting the horn. Mack turns to see what the problem is, and sees a large dog in the middle of the street in front of the car. It takes a moment to register, but Mack realizes that he saw someone familiar on the sidewalk as he was turning to see the dog.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2005, 03:16:40 PM »
Mack looks back to see who the person he saw was. Depending on who it is, he may open the door and get out just based on the girl's responsonse. Remaining calm, and with time appearing to slow down from his perspective as his mind works rapidly, Mack asks, It's true that I should be more careful in giving out information about myself. Is there anyone you are thinking of who I shouldn't give out information to? Or is that another mystery you prefer to keep to yourself right now. Mack prepares himself to use his weapon, or to change form if he sees the need.

OOC: Looking back, do I recognize the individual I thought looked familiar? What type of dog is it?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 04:20:45 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2005, 03:17:59 PM »
First in action is the dog. It seems to be a husky dog. The person standing at the side of the road was the long haired man from the class that was looking at Mack.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2005, 04:09:53 PM »
OOC: Why am I not surprised?

BIC:  Mack states calmly to the girl, "Drive on." He pulls his weapon at this point, muzzle tilted slightly upward, he clicks off the safety. Two options if she does not drive on.

If she does not drive on, he stomps the accellerator with his left foot, grabbing the wheel with his left hand. He will head directly for the dog at first, then vear off enough to just clip the dog as he gets closer. Mack pays close attention to what the girl is doing through all of this, alert for some sort of attack from that direction. If she does attack him, Mack will use his gun in a blow to the side of her head to knock her outMack is prepared to fire short bursts at the dog if it begins to move toward the car, or to bail out of the car if need be. As usual for him at times like this, it seems like everything is happening in slow motion.

If the arrangement of the car makes the option of stomping the accellerator and grabbing the wheel not seem good, he will let down the window and fire short bursts, first around the feet of the dog, and if the dog doesn't move he will shoot it. If he uses that option and the girl begins to let the window up, he will quickly pull his arm back in, open the door and get out. turning so that he can watch all three as he waits to see if any attack, reacting if they do.
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2005, 04:38:04 PM »
The woman looks toward Mack as he moves. She looks out the window toward the long haired man. Without a hesitation, she jams her foot down on the accelerator as Mack draws his handgun. There is a slight yelp as the dog gets bumped by the car's bumper as it tries to get out of the way. She looks briefly at Mack.
At least you are wise enough to realize that their kind is dangerous, though you might want to put that away before you attract too much attention. She pauses for a moment before continuing. It seems as if the deviants want you too.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2005, 01:57:30 AM »
Mack immediately holsters his handgun, a grim smile on his face, his eyes with a deadly chill. Some of that chill is in his voice as well as he speaks.Yes, I recognize that danger. Tell me about these deviants while we ride. I expect to find out more about you soon enough. I recognize that they are dangerous, and want to know more of them since they have tried to waylay us. That was a mistake on their part. I take that sort of thing very personally.

OOC: There's a problem with the forum as they set it up. I'm subscribed, but it doesn't show me when you've posted my adding color to the icon. I can only tell when I notice that you posted last. I'd have responded much sooner, but I thought you hadn't responded yet.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 02:01:17 AM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2005, 11:19:28 AM »
The woman seems to be far more focused as she drives.
The deviants are trying to block progress with their outmoded concepts and methodologies. Rational minds, like you and I, can see that through scientific process and technological innovation, true enlightenment can be obtained.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2005, 01:50:46 PM »
Do you have their headquarters located, or are they that organized? Waylaying us was not wise. Mack gets all the information that he can, having figured her for a tech mage earlier, but not recognizing the shaman. He will find out what he can of each of them on this trip, focusing first on anger at being waylaid, and everything she will tell him. (Using that information he will see about making contact with the man again, outside of class. He will use fasting and seek a vision to figure that out a little later, going to the YMCA to use the steam room, then a plunge in the pool to kick things off. That he puts off for now, the fleeting idea enough, focusing on this trip after getting what information he can from her about the first); now he hopes to learn more about techno mages and who some of them are in this area.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 02:17:04 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2005, 05:31:11 PM »
She laughs.
If I could discover something like a headquarters for the deviants, I would be on easy street. That is the big problem. We are organized by our nature. They are chaotic by theirs. So we have to single them out, isolate them one by one, then recruit them if possible, eliminate if not.
She pauses as if to listen for Mack's reaction.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2005, 12:22:43 AM »
What sort of outmoded concepts and methodologies are they using to block progress? With methods like trying to highjack people they tick me off. You say you eliminate them if you can't recruit them? Tell me more about recruitment and elimination of the deviants. My concern is to see the earth restored. I'm here getting degrees in agricultural engineering and environmental engineering to help accomplish that. The chill is still in his voice as he talks, but some of it leaves as he talks of his goals. He is keyed up highly at this point, waiting to see how she answers his questions. He waits for those answers before continuing, and if she doesn't answer, he tells her with deadly chill, Stop the car!

OOC: If she does answer, that answer will determine my response and her fate.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 01:18:00 AM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2005, 11:10:02 AM »
She doesn't seem to be tense or nervous at all. They vary in their methods she turns and flashes a very attractive smile in Mack's direction, her blue eyes matching her platinum blond hair perfectly.
Much like we like our favorite foods and drink, or even the way we dress. They are individuals and act and react as individuals. This is their strength and weakness at the same time. She pauses for a moment to make a turn. Your desire to restore the earth is good. We are using our resources to acheive the same ends I believe. I think that we could get you plugged into your working on your goal. It really depends upon you though.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2005, 02:10:26 PM »
Mack returns her smile with an interested and thoughtful look on his face.I notice that you just say you think that you can get me hooked into working on my goal... Do you give a person time to absorb all this and be sure things match up, or do you expect some sort of instant answer? I like what I hear, but I like time to think things through before I decide on anything as important like this seems to be. Mack watches her questioningly as he asks the question. Remembering what she had said about elimination, if he has any sense of possible ambush in this, the ride stops here. Otherwise he will go and check this out, being genuinely curious, and not one to rule something out without at least looking it over; yet being sensitive to traps from nature and training as well.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 03:02:06 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2005, 04:37:15 PM »
Mack realizes that if he were to go where she is taking him, he might be more vulnerable. The way she had spoken of her organization, it seems likely that there are more than a few people there. A nagging thought pops into his mind as he thinks. Perhaps the long haired fellow was trying to give Mack an opportunity to escape.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2005, 12:42:27 AM »
This is more than a nagging thought. It's been in his head the whole time. This suddenly crystalizes into conviction. Remembering her comment about recruitment or elimination, Mack suddenly attacks her with a blow to the side of the head, using his magic to will unconsciousness. The blow itself should be enough, yet he adds in the magical attack too, focusing his will through his gun as he does so. He grabs the wheel and steers the car to the side of the road, slamming on the brake as he does. Taking his gun in one hand he uses his magic to touch her memories, destroying memories of anything about himself. If he is unable to do that, he strikes her with a deep sleep. Either way he heals any bruising to where he hit her.

Driving the car rapidly back to the area where the dog was hit he is looking for the long haired man. If the long haired man happens to be around still, he will speak to him. If not, he focuses through the amulet/necklace to see if he can sense his direction and even call to him. If he can he will move to check and see if the dog was badly hurt, and if he can offer assistance. If not, then he will go back to where her car is parked, driving back to where she had parked for class, he extends his magic to wake her up. Thanks for the ride,and thanks for letting me drive back, he tells her. That's a nice car. He leaves her to go back to his appartment, lock up, and change to bear form to sleep. The next morning he will report for work, knowing there is a day before he has this class with the girl again. The next morning he goes to work, planning to meet up with the administrative secretary, Marcy, to go to the local Starbucks that night, since he did make that date. He begins  his fast, except for drinks at this time. He expects his spirit guide to help him on this one. The cave bear hasn't been much help to him lately. He smokes the pipe with red willow shavings, offering portions to the six directions..North, South, East, West, the sky, and the earth. When he does, he prepares to seek informatiion) He seeks to find ou more through dreamwalking,
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 04:11:03 AM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2005, 04:17:55 AM »
Ok, so Mack decides to attempt to hit her then. :D

As his hand moves to hit her, she moves to avoid the shot. Mack sees an object like a electro stunner being moved toward him from her right hand.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2005, 01:49:02 PM »
OOC: Okay, the attack was a bad idea... special forces to mage I figured, good matchup and less chance of getting run down after I get out... :P If I make it out  of this I'll know better next time.

Things seem to slow down around him, from his perspective, as they always do in dangerous situations.  He draws his gun.  As he draws the gun he attempts to chop down onto the arm as his arm is already extended, knocking the weapon out of her hand. At this point he also adds a magical attack causing her right arm to spasm and cramp, timed for when he its her arm, even if he misses. If she is disarmed and covered by his weapon he reaches over and opens the door, telling her, I don't intend to hurt you. I know that you won't give me time to think things over because of what you've said and what you haven't said, and I might have joined you, but you kill those who say no. I told you I don't like threats or ambush, and this is both. If these attacks are both unsuccessful he tells her to drop it and be still while immediately transforming, trusting the extra mass and the insulation of fur and fat to protect him from the weapon that she has if she continues to attack; smashing open the door and rolling out of the car. He runs into the woods as he gets to his feet. From the woods he shouts, If I trusted you to give me time to think things over I would have come with you, and maybe joined you, but you kill those who say no. I told you that I didn't like threats or ambush. This was both. He waits for a response, while moving quietly away, determined not to be seen as he moves back toward his apartment, through the woods.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 12:31:59 AM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 952
Scene 05
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2005, 11:24:56 AM »
OOC: In a scene like this one, we will go action by action.
From the special forces perspective, drawing a weapon in such a confined space is a bad idea. The martial arts techniques would work in a close confined space like that.

IC: Raw power is the nature of the Gurahl (Werebear). The woman's training prepared for an attempt to block her shot, but not for the power behind Macks move. His shoulder hit the door, and without actually pulling the handle, the door slides open after a soft pop. Mack tucks into a roll to avoid taking too much damage from the fall. He hits, rolls out of the tumble and looks up to see the car speeding away from him.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2347
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 05
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2005, 12:51:05 PM »
OOC: Will do. Thanks.

IC: Mack moves into the woods on the side where he will not have to cross the road they travelled to get back to his apartment. He is alert for any other presence, moving with silence and using his abilities to remain unseen, he actively checks for any other presence using his senses and his necklace. He listens, and seeks to sense through the necklace, to see if the girl is coming back.
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

 

Advertisement