HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2019, 12:14:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350764
  • Total Topics: 7462
  • Online Today: 8
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 8
Total: 9

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space  (Read 24197 times)

Offline Ironmaul

• Grey Council
  • Baron
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2006, 05:35:13 AM »
Dutch

"Son of a bitch!" Dutch yells as he staggers back, the detonater sliding across the floor. :wacko: His hand then drops to his holster.  

He then spots the humungous rat starring at them quite menacingly (in his mind at least), " Hucking fell!" he curses, and draws his pistol to fire at Mickey Mouse on steroids. :blink:

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
    • http://
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2006, 05:53:20 AM »
Reegus - Pilot - Rummaging through big boxes

Reegus continues to look for signs of anything interesting (OOC: especially self-censoring rats, which he's deathly afraid of ;)) as he makes his way back to the rest of the group.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2006, 07:20:28 AM »
ooc:

Why not this?

96 -10 (small attack) = 86

86 on Martial arts sweeps table:

"perfect toss sends foe stumbling 5' away.  Foe takes 12 hits and is stunned 5 rounds."

;)
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2006, 02:42:58 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 25 2006, 01:20 AM) [snapback
32546[/snapback]]
ooc:

Why not this?

96 -10 (small attack) = 86

86 on Martial arts sweeps table:

"perfect toss sends foe stumbling 5' away.  Foe takes 12 hits and is stunned 5 rounds."

;)

[OOC] Duh! Lack of sleep on my part, for some reason I was thinking of Maneuver Rolls where you need to crack 100 to be successful, you are correct, Dutch should now be staggering around wondering what hit him.  (And I should be recovered from the conference and caught up on sleep in another day or two).  Also, remember, Phill is up on the catwalk on the other side of the landing bay, so at this point he is the only one who has seen/heard the rat.
So, official ammendment:

Dutch staggers backward a couple more feet and starts gasping for breath

Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 24 2006, 11:53 PM) [snapback
32538[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Rummaging through big boxes

Reegus continues to look for signs of anything interesting (OOC: especially self-censoring rats, which he's deathly afraid of ;)) as he makes his way back to the rest of the group.
You do come across a couple big spools of cabling that you think Prescott could make use of in one of the big freight boxes.  Stacking neatly near one of the steam rollers.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 02:40:01 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2006, 07:03:23 PM »
ooc:  He he no worries ... I suspected that it was a case of tiredness!

bic:  The doctor:

"What were you thinking of?"

The doctor moves forward to add another kick if the 'Fool' really does want to draw his weapon.

If Dutch stays calm then the doctor will apply one of his 'special dressings'.  If not he will hit him again before he can draw his gun.

ooc:  No offence Ironmaul ;)

Offline Ironmaul

• Grey Council
  • Baron
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2006, 09:16:17 PM »
Dutch Revised.

"Son of a bitch!" Dutch gasped trying to catch his breath, the detonater lay upon the floor.  His hand then drops to his holster but it slowly moves away.

"Bloody hell, Doc!" Dutch said, still trying to get his breathing back to normal. "All you had to do was to asked me to hold up,"He bent down and picked up the detonator and clicked the button on showing the small green LED flashing; he then clicked it off. " I can't blame you for being tense," Dutch gave a cough,"But Duck me fead, you can certainly throw a kick!" Dutch begins to chuckle and shake his head. "Don't worry about it Doc, I've had worse." Dutch said as put the detonator back in his utility belt.

ooc: No offence taken Gribble :D

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2006, 09:30:16 PM »
the doctor:

"Sorry Dutch, I guess I get kinda twitchy at the thought of having to breathe vacuum."

He pulls out his med kit and a 'nano patch' to heal the bruise.

Offline allenmaher

• Herald
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2006, 03:22:14 AM »
Phill puts his rifle in the hall and blasts off a few rounds to discourage any other rats from getting too close to his sandwhiches.  He (radios/signals/shouts depending on the availability of radios/line of sight/air) the rest of the folks bellow.. "Guys there is something alive in here... realy big talking rats."
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2006, 04:26:13 AM »
The doctor completes his administration of medicines to Dutch.

He then shakes his head, drawing in a breath through his teeth and pulls out a small cylindrical tube marked 'tranquuilisers'.

"Hang on Phil I'll be with you shortly.  Take a few calming breaths until I get there."

Offline Ironmaul

• Grey Council
  • Baron
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2006, 09:55:55 AM »
Dutch

"Don't go doin' all the killin', Phill." Dutch replied. Dutch looked inquisitivly at the Doc and said, "Did he say talkin'rats? :huh:  Dutch caught sight of the docs tranqilizers as his put them in his vest, "Maybe we should stick a few of those in his rations." :P  Dutch pulled the rifle from the sheath on his back and said with a grin. "Come on Doc we've got some lab rats to hunt for you to experiment on."  ^_^

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2006, 11:57:06 AM »
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Once he's sure there no big explosion coming ...
"What do you mean big talking rats ? Where ?"
he then goes back to where Phill is
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2006, 03:02:15 PM »
ooc:
Question...
We left our ship and entered the hangar area of the other ship. Due to the fact that the main hangar doors are not shut, we are in space and therefore using our suits for atmosphere concerns.  If Phill opened the hatch to the ventilation system and saw a rat - did the rat have some form of special equipment to provide atmosphere? Is the rat somehow capable of living in "space"?  Am I completely confused regarding the whole space/air/atmosphere issue?
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2006, 03:30:45 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Apr 27 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback
32698[/snapback]]
ooc:
Question...
We left our ship and entered the hangar area of the other ship. Due to the fact that the main hangar doors are not shut, we are in space and therefore using our suits for atmosphere concerns.  If Phill opened the hatch to the ventilation system and saw a rat - did the rat have some form of special equipment to provide atmosphere? Is the rat somehow capable of living in "space"?  Am I completely confused regarding the whole space/air/atmosphere issue?
Once the robot moved the freight box out of the cargo bay door area, the large doors closed and the atmosphere was restored to the landing bay area. (I'm pretty sure I posted that somewhere in the thread)

Ahh, found it:
http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=28720

I also mentioned it in (admittedly not really clearly) in the summary at the start of this thread.  I figured most of the characters were keeping their suits on because of healthy paranoia  :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 03:35:38 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2006, 03:45:28 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 26 2006, 09:22 PM) [snapback
32677[/snapback]]
Phill puts his rifle in the hall and blasts off a few rounds to discourage any other rats from getting too close to his sandwhiches.  He (radios/signals/shouts depending on the availability of radios/line of sight/air) the rest of the folks bellow.. "Guys there is something alive in here... realy big talking rats."

A voice comes from down the corridor:
"Hey you big git! What the hell are you shooting at me for?  I'm not the one coming into your home uninvited?"  
Sniff Sniff
"Hey, are those fresh sandwiches?  Hey guys, the big fellow has snacks!"

[OOC] I assume you were just popping off a couple of random shots and not really trying to hit anything.  There is air available so you could be shouting and/or using the radio.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 03:49:54 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2006, 05:57:28 PM »
Toulaan - Cargo Bay (being next to useless i.e. the doctor. ;)  )

"DON'T SHOOT THE RATS!" Toulaan yells into the com, "Captain, remember the numerous beneficial sentient minds?  I wonder if it could be the rats?"

If Toulaan has enough capabilities...
He then settles his mind and reaches out psychically to the little buggers, "Be careful.  He's trigger happy when it comes to his sandwiches."

Otherwise...
Toulaan looks around for one of the oversized rodents.  Once he is able to make visual contact, he settles his mind and reaches out psychically to the little buggers, "Be careful.  He's trigger happy when it comes to his sandwiches."
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2006, 08:09:13 PM »
And there is a mass exodus away from the Airlock, up the ladder to the catwalk and along the wall to the other ladder where Phil has got the upper part of his body sticking up into the access/maintainance tunnel looking around for the talking rats...  I'll sort out what order everyone arrives in and Toulann's results this evening.  I think Prescott is actually closest to Phil since I don't believe he had moved over to the airlock yet, probabably followed by Toulann as the Dutch and the Doctor would be a bit delayed by their previous activities.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 03:21:17 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2006, 01:22:34 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 27 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback
32700[/snapback]]
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Apr 27 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback
32698[/snapback]]
ooc:
Question...
Once the robot moved the freight box out of the cargo bay door area, the large doors closed and the atmosphere was restored to the landing bay area. (I'm pretty sure I posted that somewhere in the thread)

Ahh, found it:
http://resourcemasters.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=28720

I also mentioned it in (admittedly not really clearly) in the summary at the start of this thread.  I figured most of the characters were keeping their suits on because of healthy paranoia  :D

Thanks. Somehow I missed it.  :D
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2006, 03:45:37 AM »
Prescott and Toulann climb up to the catwalk and walk over to the short ladder that Phil is standing on.  Dutch and the Doctor are close behind.  Toulann pauses for a moment and concentrates, then gets the following response.
" If he's that trigger happy over sandwiches, what the hell does he do over beers? "

[OOC] A few game stats to demonstrate the skill (and let Nicholas and others check to make sure I didn't miss anything)

Telepathy
Range: Standard
Area of Effect: Standard (Targets)
Duration: Standard
Type: Utility or Attack
RR: Will
Field: Telepathy

Toulann has Telepathy developed up to Tier 3 so can accomplish the following:

Range - 5 meter/rank = 25 meters
Area of Effect - 1 Target per 5 ranks or 10 meters Radius
Duration - 5 rounds per rank = 25 rounds
Type - Utility - "Players attempting a Psi Discipline in Utility mode make an open-ended percentile roll, adding their skill bonus in the Psi Discipline and applying all Tier modifiers, energy bonuses, and focus bonuses. The player then consults the Utility column of the Maneuver Table to determine the result"

Tier 3: If target is of the same species as activator, the activator can send a one-way message to a non-telepath target. If target is of a different species to activator, the activator can establish two-way communication with another telepath target.

So, if at least one of the rats is a telepath, once Toulann is within 10 meters of them he could broadcast his message.
First attempt while standing on the ladder just below Phil:

[ April 27, 2006, 11:44 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of Maelstrom and obtained 81. Reason : Stranded:Toulann Telepathy.

Skill of 49
Tier 3 modifier -20
110 Total

Looking up 110 on the Utility column of the Maneuver Table gives a result of "Normal", which means the Discipline functions normally
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 04:01:15 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline allenmaher

• Herald
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2006, 04:54:52 AM »
Phill
radios... "Dutch the rats are definatley talking and eyeing my sandwhiches... I am not liking this. And guy who was yelling... why not shoot the freaky fracking talking rats?'
to no-one in particular...
"what the heck are they talking for anyways... frack I hope this isn't another acid flashback"
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2006, 06:50:29 AM »
The doctor hurries over as the baron and Phil seem to be having sme kind of panic attack.

"Talking rats!  Clasic symptoms..."

He says to himself.  He plunges one tranquiliser into the baron's buttock (bonus from behind)  then starts climbing the ladder with the other in his teeth until he can reach the next patients leg.