HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 09:07:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350470
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 10
Total: 11

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space  (Read 24183 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2006, 08:09:39 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 11 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback
31701[/snapback]]
The doctor pauses as he is about to climb down the ladder.  His fingers twitch again as he gets a vision of the baron flailing for balance as someone stamps on his fingers.

"Hmm ... does the hole in this swim-suit matter?"

He asks, turning back and nipping into the airlock to go and change.

It will only take a couple of minutes to replace just the arm on the suit with a new one. You would have had to remove it to put on the bandage, so you're halfway done already.  The suits are self repairing to a point, but it's best not to take too many chances..
Unless you want to forego the space suit and take a chance with the light body armour.  See the posting in the OOC thread.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:11:06 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2006, 10:00:22 PM »
Dutch finishes getting up off the floor and looks at the arm of his suit
"Damn, I'd better get mine fixed too, Hey Doc, can you grab a spare suit arm for me while you are in there?"
He then moves over to the other airlock door
"The inside door is still closed on on this one, I bet if I stick a crate or part of this dead bot in the doorway so it can't close, then the inside door won't open"
He starts dragging the torso of the dead bot over towards the door.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 10:02:07 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2006, 12:57:35 AM »
Phill... finds a way up the crane ... to finish off the short robot.... or plug a few shots into what is left of it.
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2006, 01:38:21 AM »
Reegus - Pilot - On top of a big shiny box, inside a bigger shiny box, somewhere in space

Reegus makes his way down off the ship and begins a search of the boxes, crates and barrels around the docking bay.  He doesn't really know what he's looking for, but figures he'll know it when he sees it... or when something starts shooting again.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2006, 03:31:31 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 11 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback
31713[/snapback]]
Phill... finds a way up the crane ... to finish off the short robot.... or plug a few shots into what is left of it.
You climb up the ladder to the catwalk and get to a small control station with just a couple of controls

The crane looks somewhat like this:



The entire blue girder also rolls back and forth on tracks, giving access to the entire landing bay area.

From the catwalk you can see into the cab of the crane, the robot is laying on the floor, not moving.
The control booth on the catwalk would allow you to move the crane back to a position where you can get into the cab, but with the cargo container still hanging from the crane, you might end up slamming it into the wall. There doesn't seem to be a way to lower it from the station on the catwalk.  You could fairly safely move it to within 5 meters of the catwalk.  If you then felt particularly adventurous, you could walk along the girder to the cab of the crane.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2006, 04:05:10 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 11 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback
31714[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - On top of a big shiny box, inside a bigger shiny box, somewhere in space

Reegus makes his way down off the ship and begins a search of the boxes, crates and barrels around the docking bay.  He doesn't really know what he's looking for, but figures he'll know it when he sees it... or when something starts shooting again.

Looking at the crates that have been shot up, there is some sort of heavy grey powder leaking out of them.  The barrels seem to contain some sort of black tar.  The big cargo containers have a panel on them that looks like it will cause the wall at the end of the container to open up like a ramp.  There is also a regular size door that would open up to give access to the inside of the container without opening it up completely.

The cargo container on the top right seems a little different, instead of being a flat grey color, it is green, and it seems to have more regular doors and doesn't have a large door on the end.

By the time Reegus gets to the large cargo containers, the Doctor will have finished replacing the arm on his suit and can join him by the cargo containers.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 05:36:20 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2006, 08:28:55 PM »
Phill thinks the risk of letting a short anything live, is worth walking a girder... besides this crane could be fun to use... grins...
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2006, 03:00:59 AM »
Phill climbs out onto the girder and moves reasonably quickly out to the cab of the crane.  The robot can be seen laying on the floor of the cab of the crane, not moving and some smoke still coming out of the hole where the arm use to be attached, the arm itself is laying against the wall of the cab.
It takes a minute or so to figure out the best way to get off of the girder and into the cab of the crane, but he gets in safely.
Part of the control panel is damaged from a deflected laser bolt, but it looks like you should still be able to raise and lower the cargo container.
Prescott spends a couple minutes practicing with the forklift, then hops off to look at the grey powder that is in the crates.
"Hmm, some sort of concrete mix"


Walking along the girder to the cab of the crane:
[ April 12, 2006, 10:38 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of allenmaher and obtained 62. Reason : Stranded - Phills girder walk.

+40 Easy (no rush, lots of hand and footholds)
+ 31 Climbing Skill
= 143 - Success


Climbing into the cab of the crane from the girder
[ April 12, 2006, 10:43 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of allenmaher and obtained 55. Reason : Stranded - Phill climbing into crane cab.

+20 light (lots of time, good hand and footholds)
+31 Climbing Skill
= 106 - Success


Prescott examining grey powder from crates
[ April 12, 2006, 11:13 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of crayok and obtained 64. Reason : Stranded: Prescott Habitat Engineering.
+0 Medium (not directly related to Habitat Engineering)
+49 Engineering - Habitat
= 113 - Success
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:19:38 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline TJ

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2006, 03:39:59 AM »
ooc:
Based upon the cargo being identified and Ryan's past experience in the area of new frontier development/research - can Ryan make any quesses as to what kind of ship this was, it's purpose, it's owners, etc.?
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2006, 05:14:02 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Apr 12 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback
31789[/snapback]]
ooc:
Based upon the cargo being identified and Ryan's past experience in the area of new frontier development/research - can Ryan make any quesses as to what kind of ship this was, it's purpose, it's owners, etc.?
Well, at the moment, you have tar and cement powder plus whatever might be in the large cargo containers that haven't been opened yet.  The cement powder would probably be mixed with large amounts of sand, gravel and water to make concrete, and there is enough powder here to make an awful lot of concrete if you had the other ingredients.
After checking out the forklift, Prescott can tell you that it is very old, but well maintained. Some of the parts are new but the design is one that hasn't been used in decades. Nothing about what you saw of the ship while landing or flying by seemed familiar to any of you.
The robots are also of a design that you don't immediately recognize, but might seem vaguely familiar in some regard.  Perhaps similar to something you may have seen in a museum somewhere?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 05:16:42 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2006, 03:24:59 AM »
Phill shoots the robot in the head, throws the robot to the floor after yelling look out bellow.... then tries to lower the container on it.  And gigles...  "short people... heeeheee..."
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2006, 03:31:51 AM »
Reegus - Pilot - Wandering around a cargo bay

Reegus is fascinated by the one green container in a sea of gray ones, so he heads that way to check it out.  Since it has many "normal" doors and no apparent ramp, he'll take a look at the center-most door on the side nearest him and see if he can find any lock or security on it.  If neither, he'll take a peak inside.

OOC: If there is some sort of control pad that needs "hacking" then I'm not sure Reegus is up to the task, so he'd likely have to call for assistance.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline Maelstrom

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4627
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2006, 02:13:02 AM »
Toulaan - Cargo bay - Trying to be useful  :rolleyes:

Toulaan goes to the door last closed by the damaged robot and tries to scry beyond it.  If nothing interesting appears to be going on he will do the same for all the other doors/entrances to the cargo bay.  Hopefully the doors are plastic.  If all the doors are metal he'll attempt to scry inside cargo containers, unless those too are metal.

If all else fails Toulaan grabs a hyper prybar and begins opening containers too.
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2006, 05:54:49 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 15 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback
31945[/snapback]]
Phill shoots the robot in the head, throws the robot to the floor after yelling look out bellow.... then tries to lower the container on it.  And gigles...  "short people... heeeheee..."
Well, it's more or less successful, there is a resounding crash as the container does a free fall drop for the last 2 meters.  The thing is the size of a freight car, so everybody jumps...  But it does squash what's left of the robot quite nicely

[size=8][ April 18, 2006, 1:34 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of allenmaher and obtained 54. Reason : Phill Machine operation.[/size]

Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 15 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback
31946[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Wandering around a cargo bay

Reegus is fascinated by the one green container in a sea of gray ones, so he heads that way to check it out.  Since it has many "normal" doors and no apparent ramp, he'll take a look at the center-most door on the side nearest him and see if he can find any lock or security on it.  If neither, he'll take a peak inside.

OOC: If there is some sort of control pad that needs "hacking" then I'm not sure Reegus is up to the task, so he'd likely have to call for assistance.

It is stacked on top of one of the gray containers, so you would have to climb up to it, which would not be difficult. The smaller doors on the gray containers look like they just latch and don't have locks, from what you can see of the green container, the doors look similiar

Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Apr 16 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback
31998[/snapback]]
Toulaan - Cargo bay - Trying to be useful  :rolleyes:

Toulaan goes to the door last closed by the damaged robot and tries to scry beyond it.  If nothing interesting appears to be going on he will do the same for all the other doors/entrances to the cargo bay.  Hopefully the doors are plastic.  If all the doors are metal he'll attempt to scry inside cargo containers, unless those too are metal.

If all else fails Toulaan grabs a hyper prybar and begins opening containers too.

The doors themselves are metal, but there are plexiglass portals in them. The inside and outside doors are both closed in the airlock that the damaged robot is in, you can see the robot just laying there inside the airlock, it isn't moving at all.  You can see a corridor that extends past the airlock on the other side, but nothing moving there.
The other airlock is open on the docking bay side and closed on the far side. Looking out the portal on the far side, there is a short 3 meter room, then a stairway going down. There is some light coming from down the stairway.  There is a keypad on the inside of the airlock and what looks like a card reader attached to it.  The only other exit that you are aware of is the ladder going up to the ceiling off the catwalk (and the main bay doors of course :) )
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 05:38:08 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2006, 07:43:04 PM »
Reegus - Pilot - Mountain-Climber Extraordinaire
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 18 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback
32110[/snapback]]It is stacked on top of one of the gray containers, so you would have to climb up to it, which would not be difficult. The smaller doors on the gray containers look like they just latch and don't have locks, from what you can see of the green container, the doors look similiar
*sigh*  {It's always up, isn't it?} Reegus bemoaned to himself.  {Well, up we go, then.}

With a quick, deep breath Reegus adjusts his gear and starts his climb to check out the most convenient door on the green container.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2006, 08:54:52 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 18 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback
32114[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Mountain-Climber Extraordinaire
Quote from: QUOTE(ob1knorrb @ Apr 18 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback
32110[/snapback]]It is stacked on top of one of the gray containers, so you would have to climb up to it, which would not be difficult. The smaller doors on the gray containers look like they just latch and don't have locks, from what you can see of the green container, the doors look similiar
*sigh*  {It's always up, isn't it?} Reegus bemoaned to himself.  {Well, up we go, then.}

With a quick, deep breath Reegus adjusts his gear and starts his climb to check out the most convenient door on the green container.

Reegus scoots up with no problem, there is a ladder in one corner of the gray container, then scoots a couple meters over along a ledge to the first door.  The latch flips open easily and the door can be swung open, fortunately out and away from Reegus. It opens into what strongly resembles a dorm room, or a crew cabin on a small ship. It has a single bed (no mattress or sheets) and a desk and a small closet and not much more. It's about 4 meters by 3 meters. That would make it the full width of the container, but it looks like it is only about half the height. There doesn't appear to be another exit from the room

[size=8][ April 18, 2006, 4:37 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of lonejedi and obtained 82. Reason : Stranded: Reegus Climbing.[/size]

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2006, 12:30:28 AM »
Phil tries to move the crane to the side so that he can climb down easily...
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2006, 02:16:02 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 18 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback
32137[/snapback]]
Phil tries to move the crane to the side so that he can climb down easily...
Moving the crane back to the side, now that the container isn't attached, is very easy and accomplished quickly even with the shot up control panel.

[size=8][ April 18, 2006, 10:13 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of allenmaher and obtained 86. Reason : Stranded: Phill Machine Op.[/size]

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2006, 07:34:16 AM »
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

Watching Reegus climp up to the green container, speaking/shouting loud enough to be heard by him
"You sure you don't want our squasher comrade to get the container down ?"
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2006, 12:56:53 PM »
Reegus - Pilot - Knows where his towel is
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 19 2006, 07:34 AM) [snapback
32149[/snapback]]
Watching Reegus climp up to the green container, speaking/shouting loud enough to be heard by him
"You sure you don't want our squasher comrade to get the container down ?"
"I don't think we'll need to, unless we all want to check each of these doors at the same time.  I was just attracted by the pretty green," he finishes with a wink.  He then continues to check the various doors on the green container.  If any of them prove unreachable, however, then he will seriously reconsider the offer.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

 

future fantasy tabletop role play game, sic-fi and fantasy writers links to www.swordandsigil.com