Author Topic: IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space  (Read 26211 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2006, 04:04:10 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(lonejedi @ Apr 19 2006, 06:56 AM) [snapback
32166[/snapback]]
Reegus - Pilot - Knows where his towel is
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 19 2006, 07:34 AM) [snapback
32149[/snapback]]
Watching Reegus climp up to the green container, speaking/shouting loud enough to be heard by him
"You sure you don't want our squasher comrade to get the container down ?"
"I don't think we'll need to, unless we all want to check each of these doors at the same time.  I was just attracted by the pretty green," he finishes with a wink.  He then continues to check the various doors on the green container.  If any of them prove unreachable, however, then he will seriously reconsider the offer.
There is enough of a ledge that it is fairly easy to move from door to door, probably safer than having Phill attempt to move it with the shot up control panel in the crane.  If you really want a bit more of a safety margin, the forklift that Prescott was driving can lift up high enough to be level with the doors and he could move you from door to door.
In any case, the next door has a stairway that goes up half the height of the container (level with the ceiling in the first room) then has doors to the left and right that open into rooms that are similiar to the first one.
Near the middle of the container, there are a couple different rooms.  On the bottom floor is a larger common area that has a kitchen, a laundry area, and what seems to be an entertainment room.  Again, these are laid out with some basic items that are bolted done (counters, tables, etc) but nothing that is loose. Above that room on the second level is what is probabaly an office with several workstations.
You figure the whole container seems to be something you might put down on a worksite for a large construction project.
This is confirmed when the first couple grey containers are looked at and they contain earth moving equipment, steam rollers and other construction equipment.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 04:15:07 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline TJ

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2006, 05:53:48 PM »
Ryan calls out to the others as their search wraps up. "OK, folks, enough goofing around here. We've got brothers inside this tin can somewhere. Let's find out where they are."

He motions for the others to join up near the remaining doorway.  Once in place he instructs. "Phill, you take the lead."
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2006, 06:39:23 PM »
The doctor:

The doctor takes his place at the rear of the team.  With his newly repaired jumpsuit, medical backpack and his laser pistol in his hand.

He takes a swig from his water flask while he waits for the others to get ready.

"Anyone injured?"

He asks.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2006, 08:24:46 PM »
The door seems to require some sort of access card before the keypad will activate and allow the doors to be opened and closed.

Offline TJ

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2006, 08:33:07 PM »
From your April 11th post:
The door on the left is still open. A couple meters ahead and to the left of the door is a fairly large stack of crates, stacked 4 meters high, 2 meters deep and about 6 meters long.

Please advise. I understood this to be a second door into the vessel.
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2006, 10:26:16 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Apr 19 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback
32191[/snapback]]
From your April 11th post:
The door on the left is still open. A couple meters ahead and to the left of the door is a fairly large stack of crates, stacked 4 meters high, 2 meters deep and about 6 meters long.

Please advise. I understood this to be a second door into the vessel.
Ahh, I see the problem.  They are both airlocks so there is an inner and an outer door, the outer door being the one that opens into the docking bay, the inner door opens into the ship proper.  The right hand airlock has both doors closed, so the dead robot is basically stuck in a closet.  The left hand airlock has the outer door open but the inner door is still closed.  This is the one that Toulaan could see through the portal in the inner door and saw a set of stairs  going down.
The crates are inside the docking bay itself, so the robot moved from being in the doorway of the airlock and into the docking bay and then over behind the crates.  Hope this helps, if I had the time and the skill I'd do up a map in CC2.  I could probably draw a rough one by hand and scan it if need be.  Of course that would mean I'd actually have to have some idea of what the Jenny Allen actually looks like...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:30:43 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2006, 07:20:50 AM »
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

"This ship feels more and more like an arkship or colonisation ship of sorts to me captain."
"Though its size and outdated equipment beats me."
...
"So we try tampering with the lock ?"
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2006, 07:46:57 AM »
Phill...
something tells him he should check out the hatch while he is up here...
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline TJ

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2006, 03:46:46 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 20 2006, 03:20 AM) [snapback
32212[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

"This ship feels more and more like an arkship or colonisation ship of sorts to me captain."
"Though its size and outdated equipment beats me."

Ryan agrees. "Your assessment is dead on... unfortunately if this ship has been here long enough to make these tools antiques - we're going to need to find our way out before we end up antiques ourselves."

"Can someone get these doors open? Any sign of a keycard or way of using those robots to open them?" inquires Ryan
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2006, 03:53:24 PM »
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

If Prescott's confidence in his skills at possibly tampering with door's mechanism/electronics is good enough
"Let me have a look at this."
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2006, 02:22:13 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(allenmaher @ Apr 20 2006, 01:46 AM) [snapback
32215[/snapback]]
Phill...
something tells him he should check out the hatch while he is up here...

There is a wheel in the center of the hatch which sticks a bit when you go to turn it, but does move with a bit of effort an a disturbing grinding noise.  The hatch then pushes up, a couple of liters of dirty water dribbles out and you can see the ladder extends up into a dark access tunnel of some sort
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:41:00 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2006, 02:40:19 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Apr 20 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback
32242[/snapback]]
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

If Prescott's confidence in his skills at possibly tampering with door's mechanism/electronics is good enough
"Let me have a look at this."

Prescott takes a few minutes to look at the door mechanism, it seems to be a pretty secure setup and would require either an appropriate keycard to open or likely some sort of signal from a robot since a quick check of the robots doesn't reveal any cards on them. Bypassing the mechanism could be very difficult.

[size=8]April 20, 2006, 10:32 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of crayok and obtained 32. Reason : Stranded: Prescott Engineering-Electrical.
49 -Skill
81 - Total
[/size]

[OOC] The skill needed to actually bypass the lock is Electronic Bypass, which I don't believe anyone has any ranks in.

Offline Ironmaul

  • Grey Council
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2077
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2006, 11:41:58 AM »
Dutch

Dutch looks at the scratching of heads and says "Ok guys, stand back and let me slot my authorization card up this locks arse" Shoving his pistol back in its holster he grabs from his utility belt something that resembles a protien stick. Ripping the orange rapper off it, he slaps on the lock something that resembles sticky plastic. "Time for this party to see some fireworks" Dutch says, as he sticks in the timing detonator. 'Oh yeah, you guys might want to find somewhere to hide; that is unless you want the inside of this docking bay to be in a reddish colour." Dutch sets the timer for an appropriate countdown  :ph34r: Dutch then runs for cover.  :D



ooc: I was invited.  B)

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2006, 08:42:20 PM »
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship's Bay[/font]

As Dutch finishes his lecture
"Aww sh**!"
then runs out for some badly needed cover.
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline TJ

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2006, 08:49:10 PM »
Ryan nods as he sees Dutch prepare then realizes. "If we blow the door, then we won't be able to re-seal the airlock to allow ourselves to go into the rest of the ship. Effectively we are creating a major problem for ourselves.   Can we reconsider this?"
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Ironmaul

  • Grey Council
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2077
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2006, 04:15:37 AM »
Dutch sees Ryan deliberating and yells out over his shoulder, "Run Forest,....RUN!!!" :D

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2006, 01:58:56 PM »
The doctor is waiting patiently by the airlock quietly testing the medicinal properties of his homebrew (hopefully if he imbibes enough it will prevent stun).

When he realises what Phil is up to he lunges forward to stop him placing the detinator into the plastique.

His preferred method of preventing this particular, soon to be patient's, action is a (full ob) spinning kick aimed at the solar-plexus.

"Fool!"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 01:59:44 PM by Gribble »
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2006, 12:14:24 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Gribble @ Apr 23 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback
32425[/snapback]]
The doctor is waiting patiently by the airlock quietly testing the medicinal properties of his homebrew (hopefully if he imbibes enough it will prevent stun).

When he realises what Phil is up to he lunges forward to stop him placing the detinator into the plastique.

His preferred method of preventing this particular, soon to be patient's, action is a (full ob) spinning kick aimed at the solar-plexus.

"Fool!"
[OOC] I take it you mean Dutch, not Phill?  I'll have to work this one out tonight when I get back home.

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2006, 01:58:07 PM »
ooc:

sorry "dutch"

i only have a small screen ...
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Pt 2 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2006, 03:55:51 AM »
Just as Dutch is about to stick in the timeing detonator, the Doctor does a very impressive looking spin kick, hitting Dutch in the chest and knocking him back a foot or so from the airlock door.


+50 Die Roll
+76 - Martial Arts Styles - Capoera
-30 DB for Dutch
96 Total - missed, barely

[ April 24, 2006, 11:25 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 ± 0 on behalf of Gribble and obtained 50. Reason : Stranded:Gribbles attack on Dutch.



Phill is also suprised as he sticks his head up into the tunnel to take a look around and sees a very large rat staring back at him.  He's even more suprised a second later when he could swear the rat says "Crap!" and turns and starts running down the tunnel into the darkness.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 03:56:41 AM by ob1knorrb »

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk