HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 11:32:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349145
  • Total Topics: 7443
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 13
Total: 16

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Boot Hill  (Read 1025 times)

Offline joewells

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
    • http://jawells10.tripod.com/homepage.htm
Boot Hill
« on: May 30, 2006, 03:31:43 PM »

Located behind the Church, this large cemetary is surrounded by a sturdy fence to keep out varmints.
Rooster--- "I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience!  Which will it be?"
Lucky Ned Pepper(while laughing)---
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!"

Offline joewells

Boot Hill
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 04:14:44 PM »
(ooc)a small ceremony takes place....the gravedigger, the Father, and the whitened corpse of the hired killer laying in a cheap wooden casket. The grimy gravedigger leans on his shovel next to the deep grave.

"Boy the barber done a fancy-fine job on dis one" thinks the gravedigger to himself. "You can't hardly smell him so bad!"

The Father approaches and speaks, " Qui resurrexit a mortuis....... Qui in caelum ascendit....... Qui Spiritum Sanctum misit...... Qui te assumpsit.......Qui te in caelis coronavit.......

(ooc)During this reverant prayer, the  gravedigger spits a mouthful of tobacco juice which splats against the casket, and then he realizes that he has broken the Father's train of thought. Father Perrer stops praying and frowns at him.

"Sorry father" said the gravedigger as he looked downward.

(ooc) As the father continues with his prayer, there approaches from behind the Church, two men. They are both dusty from the trail, and tired looking. They walk up to the grave and stand to listen to the funeral prayer.

"Qui pro nobis sanguinem sudavit......Qui pro nobis flagellatus est.......Qui pro nobis spinis coronatus est..... ...." intoned Father Perrer.

(ooc) as the ceremony ends, the Father looks at the casket, and then looks at the two men, and then walks slowly back toward the church. The gravedigger whistles with two fingers in his teeth, and his teen-age son 'Zack' comes running to help him lift the casket into the grave.

"Did you know this feller?" said the gravedigger to the two men.

"We sure did....." the taller of the two said softly.  "He was our brother."

(ooc) the gravedigger nods and continues wrestling the casket into the hole
Rooster--- "I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience!  Which will it be?"

Offline joewells

Boot Hill
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 05:17:27 PM »
THE PAULEY FUNERAL THREAD

(ooc)Zack, the son of the gravedigger sits at the prospective spot of the new grave. His shovel lays nearby.

He whistles as he whittles on a branch. Father Perrer walks toward him.

'Son.....will the two of you have the grave dug by tomorrow?" he said with worry in his voice.

The boy whittles and replies, "Sure thing Father, I took Pop's whiskey away early this morning." he said hopefully.

"Demon rum will destroy him" said father Perrer seriously. "He plays right into Satan's hands!"

"Aw, he'll be OK in another hour or so.....If not I'll toss a bucket of 'washwater' in on him." said the boy as he shaved the wood.

(ooc) Father Perrer turned and whispered to himself in Latin as he left to the church.

Offline joewells

Boot Hill
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 09:10:26 PM »
(ooc)Zack is digging, and making good progress

"OOOH my head" said Zack's dad as he stumbled toward the grave.

"Bout time you made it to work.....It's afterNOON you know!" said Zack jokingly.

"OOOOOHH, me head...." moaned the man, obviously in pain. "Don't talk so LOUD"

(ooc) Zack and his no-good father begin digging in earnest.

Offline joewells

Boot Hill
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 04:51:56 PM »
(ooc)Just a few minutes before the funeral....a small crowd gathers to hear the Father talk.

Please.....friends and family.....

(ooc) the Father raises his hands

"Gather close so you can all hear me as I speak of our dear departed brother, Augustine Pauley." he says in a somber tone.

(ooc)Francesca begins to sob

Pauley's grandfather from the Dakotas says,

"Speak Father...." and he takes a withered hand and tries to console Francesca.

"We'll wait just a couple of  minutes...... there's still time for some late arrivers." says the Father.

Offline joewells

Boot Hill
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »
(ooc) Father Perrer finishes his eulogy by tossing a handful of dirt onto the coffin. He moves to comfort the widow.

"If there's anything we can do to help you out.....I mean financially....." he said.

"Father...." she sobbed. "I'll find some way to get by..... and we do own our house.....I mean....MY house!" she said as she broke down sobbing again.

(ooc) as the few funeral attenders begin to walk about, two men and a boy advance to a nearby headstone, and lean against it while talking......Squint was talking to the Gravedigger and his son Zack

So's ......this is what we do.....listen.....we KNOW she has to have a few things in her house....I mean like weapons and such that she won't need anymore....." he said knowingly. "Maybe even a few hand-me-down trinkets of some kind.

"But.....we'll get arrested and jailed....." interupted Zack.

"Listen to Squint Boy!" said Zack's father as he threatened a backhand across the boy's head.

"Yeh, Zack...at least give a listen to what the plan is........before you get all 'righteous' on us" said Squint a he looked at the departing funeral party. "So here's what we do....."

RPGNow.com