HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 12:47:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350776
  • Total Topics: 7462
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space  (Read 21927 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2006, 02:26:33 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Ironmaul @ Sep 14 2006, 03:52 AM) [snapback
38534[/snapback]]
Dutch

Seeing the expression on the Docs face, Dutch looked towards the front window of the train and cursed. "You've got to shucking well fiting me!" Seeing the blazing inferno ahead Dutch reached up and grabed hold of The Emergency Braking Lever and gave it a yank. It did not budge. Dutch looked again at the oncoming inferno getting closer and began vigorously pulling at the lever.......?

The lever suddenly moves and flips down, there is a horrible screeching noise and everyone gets thrown forward as the train suddenly starts decelerating.  You can see the sparks flying off the wheels of the train.  Phil had just noticed the card slot in the vending machine when he finds himself skidding along the floor towards the front of the train

[OOC] I was thinking a big red button in the cab of the train, but hey, a big lever works too  B)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 02:30:03 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2006, 08:03:50 PM »
Phill

"Frack..."  gets up and heads back to the vending machine fires his rifle at the coin box.

"Make me fall down will ya"
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2006, 09:22:49 PM »
The doctor watches his razor fly out of his fingers as he grabs for support.  He watches the baron carefully in case he might need any "medical assistance".
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline Maelstrom

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4627
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2006, 05:54:24 PM »
Deep in his musings the baron is caught by surprise and falls into the doctor, taking them both to the floor with a heavy thud.  Toulaan gets up and looks down at the doctor,  "Thank you.  You broke my fall perfectly."

:D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 05:55:11 PM by Maelstrom »
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2006, 06:05:51 PM »
The doctor uses his capoera skill to flip the baron under him.  Then uses any appropriate hand-holds to regain his feet.

"No problem.  We really should talk about your diet.  I think you are getting a little heavy."
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2006, 02:04:18 PM »
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship[/font]

Having miraculously avoided his companions and serious hurting in the sudden and forceful braking Prescott gathers himself back up and observe the situation

Eberybody's ok ?" Praying for it to be since he wouldn't like the doctor to have a helpless victim at hand.
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9537
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2006, 07:56:15 PM »
Gustav the Rat

Checks to see if he is on fire...if he isn't goes over to check that the vending machine isn't.

Assuming the vending machine is accessable due to rifle damage...he borrows as many items as he can and starts stuffing them into his bag.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2006, 09:46:39 PM »
[OOC] Nobody is on fire, or injured.  Haven't worked out the damage to the vending machine yet.  Waiting for a couple players to get caught up before I do the next major posting, but I may do a minor update posting tonight.

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2006, 10:26:53 PM »
Reegus - Pilot

Reegus finds himself regaining consciousness in a roughly upside-down position at the front of the train.  His head is a little groggy (he has trouble remembering just what happened since originally arriving at the station), but he has his wits about him now.

"Ow.  Whatever we just did... let's not do it on the way back."
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2006, 03:07:24 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Grinnen Baeritt @ Sep 20 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback
38737[/snapback]]
Gustav the Rat

Checks to see if he is on fire...if he isn't goes over to check that the vending machine isn't.

Assuming the vending machine is accessable due to rifle damage...he borrows as many items as he can and starts stuffing them into his bag.

The vending machine has blown apart, there are little bags all over the back part of the train.  On many of them the ink has faded to the point of being unreadable, some of them have mould on them, others just seem to be dust.  There is one type of snack that seems to look like it is still okay, a yellow spongy roll with some sort of creamy filling.  There are about a dozen of them laying around.

[size=8][Phill's skill of 91 plus a roll of 80 even if I give the vending machine a 40 DB, it blows up real good][/size]

As everyone gets dusted off and looks out the windows of the train, you are greeted with a strange site.  A little way down the tunnel, there seems to be a giant tree trunk which pushes up through the roof of the tunnel. There are several roots branching off this, one of which extends down the middle of the track towards you.  It looks like another train car hit this, got lifted off the tracks and flipped to the right and is now jammed in the tunnel between the root, the trunk of the tree and the side of the tunnel.  There are flames coming out of the train car, and root itself is on fire. Several smaller side roots are also on fire, these extend along the side walls and the roof of the tunnel and extend back to where your train car is and several meters back behind you.  There are also alot of orange emergency lights flashing in the tunnel, which adds to the effect of the fire being larger than it actually is.  Everything in the tunnel is fairly damp, so the parts of the tree that are on fire are burning quite slowly.  Most of the smoke in the tunnel seems to be moving up through the roof near the tree.  

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2006, 03:46:53 AM »
Phill,

"Alright Flinkies,"  picks up one and eats it... barely pausing to spit out the wrapper "I love these things" he sais with a mouth still half full.

Begins gathering up the other Flinkies.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 03:55:14 AM by allenmaher »
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2006, 06:01:40 AM »
The doctor notices Regus' plight and starts rummaging in his bag for something to help.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2006, 08:49:28 AM »
Prescott Harland - Derelict Ship, Train wreck site[/font]

As he ecompasses the whole scene
"Tch ! Could have warned us of it , little bastard."
as an afterthought
"Not meaning you Gustav."

He steps out of the train
"I'm going to take a closer look. Anyone care to join ?"
Without waiting for others to join he goes forth , he will get as close as the fire will permit , looking for ways to bypass the root on sides , up and down. If it would support our weight and the likes.
He will also try to determine how old the wreckage is given the fire , dampness , etc...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 08:49:53 AM by crayok »
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2006, 02:22:48 PM »
If you stick close to the side of the tunnel that the other train car ended up on, you can get almost right up to the other train car if you are careful.  Considering the conditions, the fire has got to be very recent, within the last hour or so.

The Flinkies are a little dry, but otherwise fine.  Gustav manages to scoop up five of them and stash them away for later as well.  "Flinkies, the snack with a half life, not a shelf life!"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 02:26:33 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline Ironmaul

  • Grey Council
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2077
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2006, 09:48:31 PM »
Dutch

Dutch gets up off the floor, his hand still clutching the lever which had broken off from the force. Dutch hears Prescott say, "I'm going to take a closer look. Anyone care to join ?"
"Yep, count me in." Dutch replied throwing the lever to the floor, and stepped out of the train to join Prescott.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2006, 10:19:04 PM »
[ooc] Anyone else besides Phil actually eating the Flinkies, or any of the other less well preserved snacks?

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9537
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2006, 10:59:52 PM »
Gustav the Rat

Having heard that the "Flinky" bar has a nutritional content somewhat less than its wrapper decides against trying one, after all it might be good for barter at a later date....

He gets up and takes a look outside...but he draws his gun as he does so...he doesn't trust trees...

Offline Maelstrom

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4627
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2006, 09:58:17 PM »
Toulaan climbs out after picking up a couple of Flinkies and wanders towards the gathering group by the tree.  Not worrying about the train, he begins examining the tree.  

After finishing a visual inspection he throws out his senses to see if he can find any sentient being within range that he isn't already aware of.
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2006, 02:58:16 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Sep 24 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback
38830[/snapback]]
Toulaan climbs out after picking up a couple of Flinkies and wanders towards the gathering group by the tree.  Not worrying about the train, he begins examining the tree.  

After finishing a visual inspection he throws out his senses to see if he can find any sentient being within range that he isn't already aware of.

Toulann doesn't sense anything, but is still somewhat shaken up from the sudden stop and is having a little trouble concentrating

As the folks moving towards the other train car get closer, you can see that most of the flames are coming from what was the bottom of the train, there is some smoke coming out from the side windows, but no large flames.  You can get to within 5 meters of the back of the train before things start getting uncomfortably hot.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:59:25 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - pt 3 - Stranded in Space
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2006, 03:55:39 AM »
Reegus - Pilot - All Shook Up
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Sep 21 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback
38760[/snapback]]
He steps out of the train
"I'm going to take a closer look. Anyone care to join ?"
"Yeah, I'm right behind you. Well, maybe a little ways behind you, I'm still a little shaken up and probably better stay back a little bit till my blaster hand settles back down," Reegus finishes with a quick wink.
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

 

Creative Freedom banner