HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2019, 10:25:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350141
  • Total Topics: 7456
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 7
Total: 8

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Scene 11  (Read 6005 times)

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
    • http://HealYourGrief.com
Scene 11
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 11:34:02 PM »
Looks like time for us to help out. We're not trained in their way of doing things, but we can add in our own way of doing things! Mack looks to Robin, Come on, let's not be left out of this. Someone's attacking where they have no business being. Let's follow along! Mack jumps up to follow where everyone is going to, motioning to Robin to follow.
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun Tzu

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »
OOC- Sorry.  been out of pocket for a few days and am only sporadically available for the next few.  Dealing with a family issue and gong back to Monkeytown for three days this week.

Robin watched the battle enraptured by the beauty of the dance that was combat.  At the sound of the alarm, he dropped his shoes and headed off in the direction of the others.

"Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 09:17:45 AM »
The masses of people head off. Mack and Robin see a point that has groups. As they get closer, they see multiples of one man. As Mack gets close enough to see, he realizes that there are probably more than 30 copies of Stephen working at getting people ready. As they reach the courtyard, they see a group of six vanish at the touch of Stephen.

You serve yourself as you serve others. Protect what is good from that which is darkness. another group vanishes after his words.

My friends.. Stephen says from the left of Robin and Mack as they approach. I know your training and nature lead you to join our fight. This is honorable and welcome. Know that if you choose to wait until you have been trained, it will not be ill nor cowardice. This fight we go to, is far away from any earthly realm. Yet within it are those that strive to protect humanity from the foul things that would seek to breach the boundaries of peace and life.
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 11
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 09:34:07 AM »
Would we add to what can be done against thems, or be in the way because of our different training and are not being coordinated with the rest? I understand group tactics and don't want to interfere with what they are used to. We don't want to make the attack less effective, or endanger anyone else; but would like to be involved if it would help; though if it would not we would not throw our lives away uselessly when we have more to do. Mack looks intently to Stephen as he asks this, glancing to Robin to see if he's in agreement with this.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 09:36:52 AM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 09:52:05 AM »
Robin simply nodded and replied, "Men die, Cattle die, and we ourselves too shall die, but glory is forever for those who earn it."  He then smiled and said, "Or to put it another way: Lock and load"

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 08:37:12 PM »
Stephen nods and shifts into star panther form. He reaches and touches each of them and a surge of power flows into them, bringing their thoughts to the center of themselves. Stephen is with them still. Which role would you prefer? Offensive, or defensive? he says. A quick look reveals they are in a place that is marvelous as well as bizarre. They are standing within a clear tube like tunnel. Looking through the translucent material reveals that the tube runs through a huge sphere. Within that sphere are other shapes and tubes run through the area.

OG: Picture a huge sphere. Within the sphere are rooms and areas that are linked via tubes. Some of the shapes are translucent and easy to see through. Others are opaque and hidden. There are some other spheres, but many shapes can be seen, but all of them are done with an artistic and creative theme.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 11
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 10:36:06 PM »
I prefer the offensive role,  says Mack with a bit of a growl in his voice, as he prepares to shift forms to whatever seems most appropriate.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 10:36:51 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 11:05:22 PM »
Robin chuckled and said, "I tend to use hit and run tactics for both purposes."

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 11
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2006, 08:43:45 AM »
Much like special forces in that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 08:44:55 AM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 09:21:46 AM »
Stephen nods almost as if he expected just such a response. He begins to jog down the tube. It merges into a larger tube. This one is a bit disorienting to the two, raised upon the Earth. There are people traveling in the same direction as them as well as a fair number heading in the opposite direction. The odd element is that some seem to be traveling along the walls and ceiling without any noticeable problem.
They travel with an urgent silence for a few minutes before the tube branches into a number of smaller tunnels.
Stephen pauses a moment before picking one of them. The trio enter the tube and after a few steps, Mack and Robin can smell something foul. A moment or two of consideration and they realize that it isn't just the scent, but the wrongness of something can actually be felt.

OG: Write how Mack and Robin react to this and then I will continue.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 11
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 10:17:57 PM »
Mack begins to sing a song of righting a wrong as he follows Stephen, seeking how to change this wrongness, or destroy it. He seeks what the wrongness is, and what it's weaknesses might be so he can direct an attack, or change this to be right again. He morphs his ears and nose into bear form as he does this to bring all his senses to bear on this wrongness.

OOC: I've had extra hours added to my schedule, but at a separate VA in another city. I'm working 42 hours a week, but sometimes it's split between the 2 VA's on the same day, about 1 1/2 hours apart. Add in traveling time and it's adding up. I'm going to be a little slow posting because of that in the next few. Add to that working Monday - Saturday each week, and I'll actually have Sunday off if I'm not called into the B'ham VA Sunday, then work that Monday through the second Saturday following, yep 13 straight days, and I think I'm on call again the Sunday I'm off again. However the hours will fall to 32 after next week, since that's when Birm VA is cutting me back to 20 from 30. I've got to get my VA application to central office in during the next 4 weeks too. The rest of it anyway. Lot's of work involved there. RL is comin' off the top rope with a few illegal elements in hand... ;)
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »
Robin showed no reaction to the smell, but simply waited as his form slowly slipped into his near man form, the only sign of any agitation being the twitching of his tail.

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 08:24:55 AM »
The song resonates very easily within the tubes. It echoes with harmonics back in the direction they came from. Forward, the sound seems to immediately dampen, and then twist into a chaotic noise further up. Nearby, ahead, four creatures, almost crablike in appearance, but the size of an average sized sheep can be seen attached to the tube at the floor, ceiling and walls. Something broke their chameleon blend.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:38:39 PM by eijatriis »
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 11
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 11:46:23 PM »
Mack idly wonders if his magic actually revealed the creatures in his search for a weakness, or if Stephen revealed them. He continues to sing, but switches to Gurahl as he changes into his crinos form. Looking at the size of the tunnel, Mack changes his song to taking advantage of the weaknesses of enemies and forcing them out of ambush. As he sings this song, he attempts to teleport the crab on the ceiling to the ground at his feet, still upside down and lying on it's back, and to smash it where it lies.
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »
As Mack extends his awareness to reach out and pull the demoncrab to him, he feels the crab is very secure in location. With a surprise twist, Mack suddenly finds himself pulled, much like a snap of a rubber band to the demoncrab. He feels himself falling head first toward the ceiling or rather the floor that had been the ceiling. As he tucks to roll and avoid injury he sees a couple of the demoncrabs moving toward him at a fast skittering pace. His ears allow him to hear the sound of many more coming this way from further up the tunnel.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline cobalt-blue

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2006, 01:44:15 PM »
Robin began to sing his own song, deep in on Old Norse as with the claw of his hands he carved into the air the rune Thuriaz. singing:
I know a third for the event
that I should be in dire need of fettering a foe.
I can dull the blades of my attackers
so that they can strike by neither weapon or wile.

Slashing the air, he points the rune toward the crabs attacking Mack and released his will.  (Life magic 3 to dull reweave their patterns to dull the edges of their mandibles and claws as well as to cut down on the blood to their brains.)

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 11
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »
As Mack rolls toward the crab he changes his chant, calling on the lessons he learned from training as a gurahl. He changes his fur, already acting as armor in this form into the denser matter known to Gurahl as Ursa's Coat, singing of the untouchable warrior whose weapons kill with every strike. His fur darkens to that of a midnight sky with stars shining through the black. Mack attempts to make the armor more resistant than the gift that he learned, using his life magic. As he continues singing he attempts to slash into the crab with his 9" claws as he comes out of his roll.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:48:14 PM by sbcjohn »
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 09:26:52 AM »
Mack feels the wrongness of the area, almost as if a sticky web filled the space. Each movement, and in horror, he almost feels as if each thought, is touched by this wrongness, making everything just a bit off. The creature doesn't seem to be hindered in this fashion, and with an anguished grunt at missing the demoncrab with his swipe, he watches as its spring, that it used to avoid the swipe, brings it to attach to the fur of his abdomen.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline sbcjohn

• Baron
Scene 11
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 12:57:43 AM »
Mack reaches down with both arms, and applies his 9" talons to the underside of the crab. He turns his hands so that they are both facing outward as he punches into the shell of the crab with all of his considerable strength, tapping the reserves of his strength as he sings, putting more and more pressure with his claws. If he is able to puncture the crab's shell he will pull his arms apart, opening the crab like an clam shell... If unable to do so, Mack tries to teleport back to where he just left...
Murphy was an optimist.
Robert Asprin

Sun Tzu

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 11
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 10:00:56 AM »
As Mack strikes, he feels the sting of the creature's claws biting into his flesh. Either the startling pain, or the weird wrongness, one of these, or perhaps just chance, makes Mack's strike hit a bit off. His dominant hand strikes true, but the other glances off the upper part of the armor like shell of the demon. The force of the impact tears the creature from Mack's stomach, but the energy of the strike drives the claws into his own arm from the claw that was deflected.
Self proclaimed bard

future fantasy tabletop role play game, sic-fi and fantasy writers links to www.swordandsigil.com