HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 10:44:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349144
  • Total Topics: 7443
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Headquarters  (Read 13218 times)

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
Re: Headquarters
« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »
Rapier

Heads to the kitchen. . .if Security impinges on his perception again, he gets ready to do his "I'm the very picture of an angry officer and gentleman" tapdance, with more basso profundo this time.
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline rafmeister

• Earl
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2008, 04:05:31 AM »
     Before you can get very far, reporters and paparazzi step out of the elevator. Security tries to keep them back to no avail.

"Do you think this will affect your chances of winning the Tournament?"

"Is it true Lady Paris is having your baby?"

"How does it feel to be homeless? Does this give you sympathy for those living on the street?"

"Was anyone inside during the explosion?"

"Did you expect your teammate to win the Lakeside Rally?"

"Are you ready for tomorrow's ceremony?"

"What kind of creature was that at the Starport?"

"Why did you join the military, specifically the Explorer Corps?"

"You captured a spy in the kitchen. What did you feel when you shot him?"
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline Ironmaul

• Grey Council
  • Baron
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »

Before you can get very far, reporters and paparazzi step out of the elevator. Security tries to keep them back to no avail.

"Do you think this will affect your chances of winning the Tournament?"
"Not a hope, bring it on!"

"Is it true Lady Paris is having your baby?"
"No, but I wouldn't mind trying out her sister in the arena.. if ya know what I mean"   :-* ;)

"How does it feel to be homeless? Does this give you sympathy for those living on the street?"
In the military your never homeless." "Nup, no sympathy for the gutter huggers, I say go to the nearest recruitment officer and sign up!"

"Was anyone inside during the explosion?"
"That's a securty issue and not for public knowledge untill all avenues are investigated." ::)  :-X

"Did you expect your teammate to win the Lakeside Rally?"
"Of course." :-\

"Are you ready for tomorrow's ceremony?"
"Urm...yep, we sure are."  ;D

"What kind of creature was that at the Starport?"
"A maggot on steriods."

"Why did you join the military, specifically the Explorer Corps?"
"So I could get the chance to eat an Admirals steak and met women."  :D

"You captured a spy in the kitchen. What did you feel when you shot him?"
"The recoil if my pistol." ;)

Offline CroakerDogBoy

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • How do you like your blueeyed boy Mr. Death?
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
Behemoth

"Sorry Lady"

He tries to unfasten her belt. If that doesn't work he tries to wrench it lose. Then he tries to turn the weapon on the bikers.
"How do you hold on to an angel?"

"Hook em by the wing joint. You know where it jogs in there? Clip or a claw... a snare would do it."

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »
Rapier

Cutting through the mob of paparazzi with Maverick, turning in the elevator doors to stop them from re-boarding, but letting Mav slip past.

Points out the security officer who did all the talking before, while his other hand hits the lobby button.

"Officer Goodthrust over there has the full press briefing packages, but he only has four, we didn't expect so many of you. You'll just need to figure out how to share I guess."

Steps back into the elevator to allow the doors to close, will physically eject any paparazzi who even looks like they're gonna stop the doors from closing.

Offline rafmeister

• Earl
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2008, 05:20:49 PM »
     You end up ripping the seat belt loose, and point the weapon at the remaining two bikers. They take off citing discretion as the better part of valour. The woman comes over kisses you and says, "My hero!"

From the treeline a voice yells, "CUT!"

A man steps out from behind the scenes, "That was a two million credit helicopter. It was to be a CGI shot!"

"This was more effective." The director says. He has a maddened appearance and almost cackles when he speaks. "Realism. Explosions. Life and death settings. That brings them in."

"You almost got me killed!" yells the woman. Turning to Behemoth, "Thanks. By the way, I am Krista."

"I am supposed to be the star, not some nameless walk-on." You recognize this man as Malcom Waterly, the latest hack to play Sir Croydon Sterling - Secret Agent.

It dawns on Behemoth that he is on the set of a holofilm. In the distance, there is an explosion. It seems to come from the hotel district. Any private interactions with Krista can be placed in Behemoth's journal. Suggestions to leave before the fusion engine goes are well received. The producer and director go on about budget and "exciting" shots. The producer is fairly short and heavy set, checks his pulse regularly, and pops a bunch of heart pills just to be safe. (The chase is over.)
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline rafmeister

• Earl
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2008, 05:36:36 PM »
     Rapier and Maverick manage to squeeze the press out of the elevator. It takes three tosses before one of the paparazzi is slowed enough for you to go down. A few people look at your expressions and weapons, then decide to wait for the next elevator.

You notice that there is some consternation in the dining room, as it has been closed. The side door has a number of cooks glaring at you as they leave. There is a short and plump woman, of middle age having a heated discussion with the chef.

"And I say there was a report of rats. The health department is closing the kitchen until further notice! Ah, these gentlemen were here." She turns to you and winks, "There are reports that you saw two rats in here earlier. In fact the chef used his sword on one."

The chef growls something that you recognize as "Bad word. Bad word. Bad word." You believe that it is anatomically impossible without a yak...  ;)

The woman has security leave with the chef. "Name is Sheila, Dale sent me to help you out." She flashes the now familiar identification of OSI.

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »
Rapier

Doesn't look much happer than before, he approaches the woman in the nook leading to the kitchen, crowding her slightly, but not to the extreme he did to the security men earlier. Speaks in a low voice.

"Someone blew up our room, tell me you found what you were looking for."

Offline rafmeister

• Earl
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2008, 05:52:03 PM »
     "Not yet. Did you have any success?"

Offline rafmeister

• Earl
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »
     Searches of the Kitchen reveal nothing. After a while Viper returns and joins in.

Eventually the night manager arrives, apologizes, and mentions that what remains of your luggage has been moved to new rooms. He is rather surprised that so much of it survived.

After an exhausting day, Viper, Maverick, and Rapier reach their rooms. Each find that several uniforms are destroyed- essentially anything from the 35 Arctic Designer Wear and up. Pilots pack backwards, so Behemoth loses everything from #8P Harvest Ball, pinstripes and below other than the #3 that he is wearing.

Behemoth arrives late and finds his room gone. He is directed elsewhere, where he collapses on a couch. Smiling.

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2008, 09:02:27 PM »
Rapier

"Lovely, the Captain is gonna tear strips off our hides for what happened here. Let me know if we can help you any further."

Having no interest in re-searching the kitchen (His goal there was to hold the chef's head underwater until he talked), he turns to Maverick.

"Mav, join me at the bar?" (the hotel bar, hopefully the place has one).

"I think this is BS. . .He said something that sounds like skillet. . .what else sounds like skillet, that you could find in or around a hotel?"

(If impossible, I guess this conversation happens over a room service bottle and bathroom tumblers.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:07:22 PM by Celedor »

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2008, 09:11:52 PM »
I'm guessing I posted, alas, too late. . .shrug.

Offline rafmeister

• Earl
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2008, 01:01:41 AM »
Clean Up

Viper receives 8 XP for damage taken.
Viper receives 5 XP for driving test.
Viper receives 25 XP for winning rally.
Behemoth receives 15 XP for driving tests.
Behemoth receives 10 XP for "destroying" the helicopter.
Rapier receives 10 XP for checking ID on Agent Stevens.

Viper has taken 12 damage total.

The group receives 60 XP (total) for catching the spy - even if he was brought down by the chef.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 01:19:18 AM by rafmeister »

RPGNow.com