Author Topic: Active Games Still Recruiting  (Read 15720 times)

Offline CroakerDogBoy

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • Grand High Lord Master of Grotty Detail
Active Games Still Recruiting
« on: December 01, 2008, 09:39:58 PM »
Here is a list of active games that are still, or once more recruiting. Each item is a link, click on it to go to the board described.

After The Hammer (Aftermath):Post Apocalyptic survival. "Who knew cougars were tasty?"

Warriors (Heroes 5th Edition) : Gangs in New York .... Come on surely you've seen the movie?

Dead Rising (Free Form): Set in New york, the dead are rising, and the living have to run or die.

Rhodias: After the Fall (Rolemaster Classic) Ruled by its former subjects and preeminent only in matters of the Jaddite faith, much of Rhodias lies in ruins. Both Church and Empire are divided within and threatened from without by the rising power of the followers of Ashar.

In the Name of France! (Flashing Blades) Adventures in the time of the Three Musketeers.

The fall and rise of Kutahesa (Rope) You are the last of the Kutahesa, a ninja clan brutally murdered by some other ninjas. Can you re-build your clan and exact revenge upon the guilty parties or will you pass silently into the night? This is your chance to harness your inner ninja.

The Journey to Selaset (RoleMaster SS) Come aboard the cog Morning Cloud bound for the holy city of Selaset and experience an eventful journey that includes meetings with pirates, sea monsters and storms...

Indigo Awakenings(PsiWorld)Awakening from a long slumber, people are beginning to the promise and terror of a new era of human existence.

Catch & Release  (Paranoia 1st Ed):Team Building in Alpha Compex.

Mysteries of Dragon Pass - Part Deux (RuneQuest):Ancient mysteries have awoken in the town of Jelmein, as the oppression of the Lunar conquerors is quickly leading to a conflict that will engage not only mortals, but even the gods themselves.

Immortal Kombat (HARP): Put the HA! into HARP with Immortal Kombat. In this game Mortal Kombat and Dragon Ball Z meet Robert Aspirin (of Myth books fame) for some light hearted, literal High Adventure.

AlterNation (HERO 4ed): After an outbreak of a new "Flu" strange things begin to happen worldwide.

Tales of the Sith Empire (HERO 5ed): A long long time ago....... well you know the rest. The Sith empire is reaching it's limit. Eons of expansion, conquoring world after world in the name of the Sith have left the area with little or no room to grow. Your patron has wished to grow his part and hopefully take over the enitre empire and the known glaxy. Are you strong enough to help? Are you ambitious enough to overthrow him?

Innocence Proves Nothing (WarHammer 40k: Dark Heresy): Adventures serving the Inquisition in the Grim Darkness of the future.

Firefly & Serenity (White Wolf): This campaign will be based on the Firefly TV show, as well as the Serenity movie. I am using a rules-lite version of the White Wolf D10 dice pool mechanic from games such as Hunter, Vampire, and Werewolf. The crew will pilot and man a spaceship, and get involved in hi-jinx and thievery in the confines of Joss Whedon's setting, The 'Verse.

Shadows of a Fallen Age (RoleMaster 2): Year 5 of the Age of Hope when old terrors begin to rise again to destroy that hope and plunge the world into darkness again.

Confederation Trader 2611

In AD 2600 the human race is finally beginning to realise its full potential. Hundreds of colonised planets scattered across the galaxy host a multitude of prosperous and wildly diverse cultures. Genetic engineering aided by nanonic enhancements has pushed evolution far beyond nature's boundaries, reducing disease and producing extraordinary spaceborn creatures. Huge fleets of sentient trader starships thrive on the wealth created by the industrialisation of entire star systems. And throughout inhabited space the Confederation Navy keeps the peace. A true golden age is within humanity's grasp.......

....but still ever so slightly out of reach.

Despite the relatively stable interstellar situation policed by the Confederation, soldiers for hire are still a large business. Although there are no longer any land wars or interstellar invasions, the requirement for 'special forces' is at an all time high. Asteroid settlement rebellions against their founding parent companies are a frequent occurrence. Insurrections on stage one colony worlds are not unheard of. Every day new data hits the news threads about piracy of cargo vessels, data theft and hostile corporate takeovers. The Confederation is anything but a paradise.

4-6 Players will start as part of a human crew of an independent trader starship, capable of transporting both passengers and cargo across the depths of Confederation space. Players will need to hire out their ship or their skills, perhaps having to delve into 'less than legal' activities in order to make the bottom line in a highly cut-throat interstellar market. All characters will be 5th level to reflect a degree of competency in their relevant field.

Currently there are still 4 positions available

Rifts Chaos Earth: Hell on Earth   is recruiting we have about three players but I would like to have between 4-6 players to improve the survival rate.

The coming of the Rifts, The great cataclysm.  In the future it will be a time of myth and legend, the destruction of the great ancient empires, the destruction of technology, the coming of monsters, demons, things from other times and places.  For you it is today, December 22, 2098, the day the world ended and the nightmare began.
 This game will be using the Rifts and Chaos Earth RPG's from Palladium books, join us in a time of horror, death, struggle just to survive, Struggle to ensure that the human race does not die is not crushed under the weight of the horrors suddenly flooding our world.
  Are you strong enough, skilled enough, lucky enough to survive.  Join us in the effort to safe humanity, to safe yourselves, to save some shred of civilization for the future.

Things are jsut getting sorted out and the thread is still a work in progress but the game promises to be interesting.  If you are interested stop by and let me know.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 03:08:18 PM by Celedor »
"How do you hold on to an angel?"

"Hook em by the wing joint. You know where it jogs in there? Clip or a claw... a snare would do it."

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
Re: Active Games Still Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 03:51:28 PM »
Space Opera is still recruiting too. Starting up by Sunday of this week.

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 03:41:47 AM »
I still have 1 open slot for my Marth Ice World game using HARP.
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

http://samwise7.yolasite.com/

Offline Sir Wolf

• GamesMasters
  • Baronet
  • I might bite!
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 08:00:31 AM »
I have an opening for up to 3 players in my game The fall and rise of Kutahesa using Rope

"As for it, there is a what-if."

Offline Sorloc

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »
The WWII Supers game has Three groups running independently from each other, and three individual players expected to link up into a group.

There is room for 1 additional player, or 4 additional players...

I like groups of three.

Also, certain 'villains' are available.  These 'villains' are, in fact, the heroes of their own story.  They all have justification for their actions, and feel that what they are doing is the right thing to do.  (And it very well might be!)
I'm going to be kind of picky as to who gets to play my villains; nothing personal, but I have to have confidence in the player.

It must be kept in mind that many things that happened were not revealed until well after the war, such as the concentration camps (both the Nazi ones and the American ones), the experiments, the eugenics programs, the sacrifice of Pearl Harbor, the violations of treaties and alliance agreements...
...you can only make decisions based on the information you have.

Cast of Characters, including available Villains
PM Me if you'd like to play
Sample
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:01:16 PM by Sorloc »

"Terrible what passes for a ninja these days" -- Pops Racer (John Goodman), Speed Racer (2008)
"How hard can it be?" -- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Temple of Doom (1984)

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »
Space Opera have  room for more people

Be a person that takes the empire from the dark ages back to the glory the empire was. 

Interested parties do not need to know the Space opera system.

Take a look at the game, it is still in its infancy and contact me
Dranthor

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 06:12:13 PM »
I have 2 slots open for new players now in my Marth Ice World game using H.A.R.P.

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

Offline epohfossol

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • "I'm a high priest Vatican assassin warlock!"
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 05:11:15 PM »
I still have 3 spots for PC's to join and 1 NPC a player can take over in my Warriors game if anyone is interested.....  :rolleyes:
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...  - Vizzini

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 04:22:04 AM »
I have some interest from several people, so I may be full.  I will update when I am sure.

Offline Nightmaregold

• Banner Bearer
  • I am the Metal Alchemist... I work Alone
    • My account page on facebook one of the places you can contact me
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 05:26:02 PM »
Is the rolemaster ss still open?
I am thee God of War

Get a sword, if a sword doesn't work get a mace, if a mace doesn't work get a axe, if an axe doesn't work pick up anything big you can use to hit things with

these are some of the things Gods of War can use :)

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 12:48:32 AM »
It should be, if it's still listed.

I'd suggest posting into the OOC thread for that game:
http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=1311.0

Or sending the GM (Kalu) a personal message directly.
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 03:42:07 AM »
My Marth Game is now full, as I now have 6 players.

Offline Sunwolf

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
    • http://
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 06:00:06 PM »
Still could take another player or two for Dark Days in Chicago(WOD game).
Also ready for someone to open a Board for it so I can make some Character generation threads.  Doesn't seem to be a set way to request game boards be open perhaps that info could be added to the recruiting setup thread.

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 07:33:12 PM »
We are going to start moving recruiting thread into the game board when it's created.

GMs can indicate if they are still recruiting by updating that thread, in their game board, or this thread over in recruiting.

They can shut down recruiting by posting they are done recruiting in their board recruiting thread, and by telling us to take their game out of this recruiting thread here.

I'll be sending a PM on this to all the GMs. . .if you have any questions, you can ask in this thread, or in reply to your PM.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 08:50:48 PM by Celedor »

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »
if you're running an active game still recruiting and want to add your game or change the blurb above, just post the request in here, or send a PM to CroakerDogBoy.

If you are done recruiting and want your game removed from the list up top, same thing.

Offline Kalu

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »
I have taken actions that will hopefully make The Journey to Selaset come back to life (several ranks of necromancy purchased at last level gain helped! ::)). This means that I have room for one or two new players in my game now.

This, of course, means that I would like to have my game restored in the Active Games area. If possible, I'd also like to have the old recruiting topic for my game moved to my game board and opened.

//K
Creator of the game setting Taras.
Game master of the RMSS game The Journey to Selaset.

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead...
[Johnny "Dread" Wulgaru in Tad Williams's Otherlands quadrology]

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 11:19:25 PM »
I used your blurb on the top post. . .you might want to punch that up a bit.

Offline Sir Wolf

• GamesMasters
  • Baronet
  • I might bite!
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 08:25:22 PM »
The blurb for the Last of the Kutahesa game:

You are the last of the Kutahesa, a ninja clan brutally murdered by some other ninjas. Can you re-build your clan and exact revenge upon the guilty parties or will you pass silently into the night? This is your chance to harness your inner ninja.

"As for it, there is a what-if."

Offline ob1knorrb

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 05:27:10 AM »
Now closing recruiting for Bughunters.  Thanks

Offline Talea

• GamesMasters
  • Baronet
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 06:15:05 PM »
Shadows of a Fallen Age is still recruiting.  An essence user or archer would be nice to round out the party.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk