HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 12:11:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349609
  • Total Topics: 7450
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread  (Read 7428 times)

Offline rmax

• Viscount
Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur - IC Thread
« on: March 02, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »

This topic will be for Theira McAran Deangelo Hastur.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:25:54 PM by rmax »
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

• Viscount
Re: Theira - IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:51:25 PM »
Theira

You finish working at the scene.  After you finish taking pictures, one of the senior techs will help you upload the images (i.e., gets you a laptop), and then sends you home.

You meet with the others at Manuel's Tavern, and discuss what happened today.  While your phone still has images of the man that was helping the people sitting around the table, the images appear to be blurry.  You could swear that they were in focus earlier, but not now.

(OOC:  if you have questions, please ask).

After the gathering breaks up, do you go home?
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 08:46:45 PM »
Theira

If you have questions, please ask, but to bring you up with the others, I'm going to advance your thread.

At some point you return home and go to sleep.  All of the activity of the day makes you incredibly tired.  Even dead tired, you dream (note, this is not a lucid dream that you control, but things you remember when you wake up).

In your dreams, you walk along the breezeway at Turner Field.  Bodies are strewn everywhere, their faces contorted in rage, their bodies twisted and broken.  In your dream, you feel nothing for these figures.  You walk across the figures, walking toward one of the entrances to the bleachers, and while the muffled cries of those beneath your feet echo through the breezeway, they mean nothing to your dreamself (when you awaken, you will strongly remember this cold, dispassionate feeling...remember this is a dream, and does not represent who your character is in the waking world). 

When you come out of the breezeway, into the bleachers, still walking over the crumpled forms of the fallen, you see to your right a burning bright red star, reaching out over the fallen.  That is when you see tiny red threads leaving the star, linking the bodies together.  It is not that the star is attached to each person, but it is attached to a few, and those attached to others, and those to even more. 

"You are in danger,"

You wake up in a cold sweat, your heart racing.  Turning, you see the clock read 2:30am.

- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 03:17:20 AM »
Dranthor, I need your response to bring you up to the others  :yes:.
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 04:02:58 AM »
((sorry didn't see the post until now))

I get up and wash my face. I then look for the number of the guy I talked to that night after all the rucks.  I call him.

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 05:38:03 AM »
((No problem, but I am going to speed you up a little, so the call will occur later that day.  This will bring you up to the timeline.  I'm assuming that you are saying that you will call Nick)).

Though out the day, you are brought back to the words, "you are in danger."  It comes up in strange places, like looking at a news paper, and misreading the headline, or catching a momentary fragment of a conversation.  But there is a lot of work to do.  There is more evidence than you have ever seen.  Bags are filling all of the hallways, just waiting to be cataloged, and as a junior tech, it's going to be your job.

"Theira,"  says your boss Amanda Thuroghgood, "glad to see you in today.  As you can see, we have a lot of material to process.  Everyone is working on the Turner Field Case, and we have people from the NSA, FBI, ATF, and every other acronym there is here today.  The best thing to do is to stay out of the way and start logging evidence." 

((Go on and we'll work through your work day, and then you can get the call into Nick.))
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 06:02:20 AM »
((works for me and yes I'm going to call Nick))

I will stay busy all day not taking breaks or anything and try to ignore my feelings and the warnings until such time as I can talk to Nick.  I wonder if he has been feeling the same or if any others have the same feelings. If I can overhear anyone talking about those feelings I will try my best to unobtrusively listen in.

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 06:06:53 PM »
You go to your computer and start.  Images have been uploaded, and have codes as to location, but have not been cataloged or cross-referenced.  So you start there, pulling up pictures.  It's hard to dissociate after having been there, but you try.  Pictures taken only two-three feet away from each other, all forming a massive mural of the carnage.  As you work, catalog numbers of physical evidence appear, as do victim names, each one needing to be tagged to a given image. 

After lunch you switch off with another tech.  They take over the image catalogs, while you start working with the physical evidence.  Breaks are always welcome, and you have never seen so much evidence.  So, bag by bag you check the tags and input them into the computer.  A tech stands by to move the bags over to a designated boxes and rooms.  As you work, pattern of evidence start to come together.  Not that they tell you anything really, it's just that the pieces of physical evidence are now starting to really match the pictures.  It will still take weeks to shift through this; luckily the feds are sending extra help.  Normally they may have just taken over the investigations, and still might, but for now there is just too much evidence for just one group to tackle.

Your mind wanders as you go through the bags of physical evidence, logging them.  ouch.  Its just an involuntary response when you prick your finger and shake it.  Looking, there is no blood, but dang it stings.  You pick up the bag you were reaching for, and see that the bag is sealed with evidence tap, and nothing seems to be poking out.

The tag reads, "personal effects of Tamara Gordon."  Reading, this was taken from the body of a woman in the section where the fighting started.  As you read, your mind races back through the events of yesterday, and all of the horror is once again right before your eyes.
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 10:28:47 PM »
I shake my head and when that doesn't help, I go to the bathroom and wash my face.  I try thinking about something calming and then once I feel a little calmer I head back out and start handling the evidence while trying to think on better times.  When I think that Nick might be home that day or that it might be a time I can call him and maybe get him to meet me that evening. I'll do so.

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 02:17:56 AM »
As the cool water strikes your face, the memories begin to fade, almost like the water is washing away the pain.  After a few minutes, you feel better and return to work.  The evidence stacked in the hallway seems overwhelming, and a little oppressive.  You get back to the catalog room and put in your pass word.  You review your recent work, and reach over for the next evidence bag.  Involuntarily, you stop.  It's the bag with the personal effects of Tamara Gordon.  You realize you have some trepidation about touching that bag.
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 04:21:06 AM »
Theira

go to my computer and look up the name Tamara Gordan and see what I can find out about her.
I'll by pss her bag and get the next one in the stack and hope one of the others take hers.

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 04:56:07 AM »
You do a search for Tamara Gordon, which calls up the pictures currently tagged, a link to her pending autopsy, and pertinent police information.  You have her driver's license and address, but it does not appear that there are any criminal records.  She is completely uninteresting.

You continue your work, avoiding that bag.  While monotonous inputting data, it is a job and a way of getting experience.  Bag by bag, the catalog grows.  The day is almost over when you reach for a bag, and again get a shock.
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 05:36:08 AM »
Theira

Check the bag is it the same person?

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 06:41:19 AM »
No, but it is from the same seating section of the stadium.  The name on this is David Morgan.
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 01:48:43 PM »
[bTheira][/b]

Ok I take a deep breath and open it and tag the evidence

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »
Knowing that you will have to reseal and write your name on it (you could easily say that the bag was not sealed fully, which with this much evidence is likely), you open the bag and look through the contents.  You see clothing and some personal effects, like a watch, wallet, etc....  Do you pull out the evidence to tag?
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 09:34:36 PM »
Theira

((ooc last name is McAran DeAngelo))

I will pull it out and tag the evidence as I normally would. But I will also look for anything that may have made me feel the way I am.

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 11:03:30 PM »
You start going through the bag, tagging the clothing, the shoes, the watch, and cell phone.  You reach in and take his wedding ring, and you pull back, you fingers still tingling from the shock.
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 11:25:48 PM »
Theira

I will feel right frustrated with myself and will shake my head and then reach bck in and take the ring tagging the evidence. 

I'm thinking that this is cause of all the stuff I went through yesterday being at the stadium.  I will wonder if I should take advantage of the counseling that I'm sure is set up for everyone.

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 02:07:12 AM »
(the therapist is ready  :yes:)

You grasp the ring, and hold it even through the shock.  Suddenly, your filled with rage, confusion, panic and pain.
Rolling 1d100:
(9): Total = 9
- from "Soapdish"

RPGNow.com