HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2019, 03:13:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350764
  • Total Topics: 7462
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 11
Total: 12

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: The Vigil  (Read 9777 times)

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2009, 03:55:51 AM »
Bruce

"Hey, how ya doing"

(same for Bruce. He is firmly in the passenger seat for now.)

Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2009, 03:32:04 AM »
(No problem, just wanted to give people the opportunity).

"Where's my manner," says Elijah, "Mark, Luke, Mary, meet Dex, Bruce and Theira.  They're good people who helped me out at the vigil.  Like you, something is happening to them."

"Now Reverend," says Mark, "this is all crazy.  You seem to think that we've changed some how.  I admit that strange things are happening, but that does not make it the work of the Lord."

"Your right in a way Mark,"  Elijah sits down at the table, "this was not started for a Godly purpose, but I believe that it is the Will of God that now directs us." 

He takes a few minutes.  "I didn't want to tell ya'll this right now, but I think I must."  He looks over to each of you, then his flock.  "Luke, do you remember Tabitha?"

"That young woman with the small child?"

"Yes, that's her."

"Is she alright?  She was doing so well at the center."

"Yes, she was.  I worked it out the social services to have meet her child in a public supervised place.  The boy loves baseball, so they came with me to the game."

"I lost track of Tabitha during the chaos.  I was carrying young Thomas at the time.  After we got out, I sent people to look for her.  Theresa, one of my assistants," he says looking to you, "found out that she was taken to Grady."

"After making sure that Thomas was cared for, I went to see her."  He bows his head, his pain radiating from him.  When he looks up, you see tears on his face, "she was so badly beaten."  He takes a handkerchief out and wipes his eyes, and takes a deep breath.

"I knelt down by her bed, and began to pray.  The nurse had told me that she had not awoken, but when I raised my head, I saw her looking at me.  Her hand twitched, and I somehow knew that she wanted to hold my hand.  I did, thinking of saying a prayer, but that is not what happened."

"As I held her hand, my mind was suddenly filled with visions."  He shakes his head, "they were just scattered images, fleeting glimpses of people and places.  Then I heard her voice, 'we are children of God, as is this gift, but he released to cause chaos.  You must stand against the chaos.”
“She passed out, and I left the room dazed, no, frightened.”  He shakes his head, “when I returned, she had passed.  I couldn’t stand with her during this trial.  I knew something was happening to me, and to others.  Like you Mark, I mistrusted this.  I saw it as a sign of the end of times, but now I know that we are needed to stand against the coming chaos that Tabitha saw.”
“Then is this the rapture?  We’re not the faithful to be taken up?  Is this a test of our faith?”
“I have struggled with these same questions Mary, and read Revelations again and again today.  All I can say is what is in my heart.  I have heard of no one being taken up into heaven, but there is a darkness coming.  Theira has seen it in her visions, and yes, she has visions.  Whether this heralds the coming of the anti-Christ or not, this is a darkness that opposes the Will of God, and we must stand against it.”

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:39:45 AM by rmax »
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2009, 10:28:20 PM »
<I'm going to wrap up the meeting, and see what ya'll want to do with what the Reverend suggests>

After revealing Mary's vision, the Reverend silently prays.  You can tell that not all the people around the table are convinced.  Elijah's revelation is a little out there, but strange things are happening around the town.

After the prayer, "someone brought this chaos to us, and people are needlessly dying.  We must find out who and why.  Tabitha has seen visions, and Bruce has known someone who died.  We must find answers.  Still, we could all do with a good meal and some sleep.  Call those you think can help, or anyone who may know something."

With that, Elijah goes and get's a plate of food.

<I know that Dex is going to talk to Elijah about getting any video footage, or reliable witnesses, i.e., the crew, and about Ashton.  Are there any other contacts or ideas people want to present?  Elijah has rooms ready for anyone, but if anyone wants to go home, he will direct his driver to take you there.>
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • Nice lad, but a bit cup-and-plate in the head...
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2009, 01:06:26 AM »
Well you already have what's on my plate... but I'll add that the next time it's convenient, I'd like to go get my own car. I dislike having my mobility be dependent on others.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:08:37 AM by GrumpyOldFart »
Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog.
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting, lizard’s leg and owlet’s wing.
   - Traditional physical spell components
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out...
  - Traditional somatic spell components
Ooo Eee Ooo Aaa Aaa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang.
   - Traditional verbal spell components
Take the lime and the coconut, and drink them both together.
  - Traditional potion formula

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2009, 05:40:55 AM »
(Bruce has already volunteered to do what he can and I guess he is waiting for some more concrete direction from the Rev. He will mention/offer to the Reverend his skills as a security system/data installer. Then I suppose Bruce will get some much needed sleep.)
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Advertisement