HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 11:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350815
  • Total Topics: 7463
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: The Vigil  (Read 9785 times)

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • Nice lad, but a bit cup-and-plate in the head...
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2009, 03:46:47 AM »
Dex

"It occurs to me that if I ain't safe, Theo ain't safe either. He was workin the Braves gig with me."
Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog.
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting, lizard’s leg and owlet’s wing.
   - Traditional physical spell components
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out...
  - Traditional somatic spell components
Ooo Eee Ooo Aaa Aaa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang.
   - Traditional verbal spell components
Take the lime and the coconut, and drink them both together.
  - Traditional potion formula

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2009, 04:07:43 AM »
theira

"I don't know if it is visions  or what but sometimes I see things.  I saw someone killing people in the hospital and I think that she saw me. It scared me.'  I shudder and continue "If I am seeing the future then it will be horrible unless we can do something. I'm just not sure what."

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2009, 04:31:22 AM »
"I don't think that we will be in danger tonight, or even tomorrow."  Elijah thinks for a few minutes, "has he displayed any abilities?  If not, he may be safe for a while."  After a few more moments, "were you or he questioned by the police after the game?  If so, then they may have records of you."

"If you want to get him, then we'll get him.  Otherwise we can get him until tomorrow."

After listening to Theira, "someone killing people in the hospital?"  He considers this for a moment, "I have heard that there have been a lot of unexplained deaths, but..."  he just trails off in thought.
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2009, 04:41:35 AM »
Dex

"I don't think he's shown any abilities, but then I'm not sure I have either. He's had headaches. And yeah, we were questioned before we left, pretty much everyone was I think. We were some of the first ones out though, before the hammer really came down."
"He's probably as safe at the gig as anywhere right now, but... if I stop showin up places, you know the first person they'll want to talk to is Theo. And if he gives em straight answers, not knowing any better.... he'll end up bein a test animal in my place. No thanks, I don't accept that one. See what I mean?"
"Tomorrow? Sure. Just as long as it's before anyone starts wonderin where I went."

"Although.... really, it's easy enough for Theo and me to drop off the map without raisin a fuss. All we need is an out of town gig."

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2009, 05:06:03 AM »
"Why don't you give Theo a call, and ask him to meet you later tonight." 

He thinks about things again, "I was hoping that we would have enough time.  I have a lot of contacts, and as far as the police know, I left before the attack.  I might be able to get us some time." 

After a few moment, "if you know anyone else who may have been effected, call them.  We'll have them meet us at the church retreat."
- from "Soapdish"

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2009, 05:44:07 AM »
Dex

"Theo...Dex. How's the wrap goin?....... Well I'll try to get back, but you can wrap it without me easy enough. Gotta question, Theo.... are you up for another gig tomorrow, lookin it over tonight? The Rev wants us to look this over, and if we get it... well I dunno, probably day rate at least tomorrow, beyond that I can't guess."
"Aw c'mon man, sleep is for mortals. Are you in? Okay cool, if I'm not back before everything's out, call me when the truck is loaded."
"I'll keep in touch. Laters."

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2009, 06:14:45 AM »
"Sure thing Dex.  I have to get back tomorrow to finish prepping the truck for this weekend, but I'll come over.  Hell, that's what coffee is for!"
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2009, 07:02:51 AM »
Bruce

Bruce has been listening all this time and his face darkens when he hears the Reverend say "I hear that there have been alot of unexplained deaths.." and his brow furrows into a frown. Slowly he looks up at the Reverend and says very slowly.

"What do you mean unexplained deaths? Deaths in Hospitals? What is going on?" he makes eye contact with the Reverend. "I was at the game with a friend.....we both got hurt and send to hospital......I survived....and later found out my Mathew didn't. He died in that hospital. What do you know?"
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2009, 04:46:04 PM »
"I'm afraid very little Bruce.  I have been told that there have been a significant number of deaths among people admitted to hospitals from the game.  What was strange is that they all died from unexplained brain death."
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2009, 12:10:43 AM »
Bruce

Bruce clenches his teeth, the muscles in his jaw pulse as he grinds his teeth. His hands tighten into fists as he tries to contain his surging emotions.

"Unexplained brain death......Thats what the hospital staff told me happened to my friend."

Holding back some obvious beginnings of tears, he adds "What ever you need Reverend, count me in."
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2009, 12:26:14 AM »
Elijah leans over and takes Bruce's hand.  "I'm sorry for your loss."  He closes his eyes, seemingly in prayer.

"I'm going to need to start making phone calls.  If there is anyone else you think could help us, go on and call them.

Elijah starts making phone calls about what's happening, and trying to contact people to stop the spread of these "doctored images" hitting the media. 

"Such sensationalism just can't be tolerated."

It might give people a day or so, but you all have the sense that things are going to change quickly.
- from "Soapdish"

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2009, 02:29:43 AM »
Dex

"Hmmm... It occurs to me that you could buy yourself some time, maybe even stop the threat posed by 'those doctored images' with one simple sentence, showing up in comments wherever they get posted:"

"Ain't Photoshop cool?"

"I mean, seems like a lot of people believed in that doctored picture of a woman on top of the WTC with a plane coming in right behind her, right after 9/11, too. But in less than a month, the attitude was 'Yeah okay, nice job of fooling everyone.' I don't see why you couldn't get the same response here, especially if enough people from the vigil said no, I was there, that's not what happened."

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2009, 02:35:58 AM »
"Excellent idea."

Into the phone, "did you hear that?"  Looking up, "Dex, could you say that again?"  Assuming you do, Elijah continues.  "It can not look blatant.  Talk to Fred over at CNN.  He owes me a favor.  Also, talk to Sarah.  That kid is really into blogging and is computer savy.  She may be able to get the word out..."

The conversation continues with new plans.

All the while, the car continues on to the reverend's retreat.

(I'm going to see if Theira has anything to add.  Will continue this thread tomorrow with what happens at the retreat).
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2009, 04:05:03 AM »
Theira

I willthink on what he is trying to do and see if I can have a vision.  I concentrated hard. (of course I know I probably won't but got to try)

"It depends on what the people at the vigil really saw. Maybe it will work a little while but with allthe strangeness I don't know how long it will work." I say.  "I will do what I can to help but I still will have to go to work I don't think the ME would like it if I didn't show up. So much work to be done still.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2009, 01:24:41 PM »
Dex

"Well I don't know how well it'll work either, but remember it was a stage. Ya know what stagehands do for a living? They fool people into thinking they saw or heard things other than what was actually there, that's what. I once watched a dozen hands spend four hours building the Wailing Wall for a church gig out of styrofoam, plywood and paint, but that doesn't mean the church suddenly got transported to Jerusalem."
"Maybe that's why I'm having a little trouble accepting all this. I've spent too many years watching people create things out of tape and paint that flat can't exist in the real world. But none of that changes the fact that if you see it from the back, it's just tape and paint."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:27:50 PM by GrumpyOldFart »

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »
"I agree with you Theira that it won't hold the wolves at bay for ever.  There are a lot of strange things happening, and it won't be long before there is no way to keep things hidden.  As for work, I will make sure you make it there on time tomorrow."

"Dex, I know it is difficult, especially for an illusionist like yourself.  Just trust in yourself for now.  I hope we can get a handle on some of what has happened before things get really out of control."
- from "Soapdish"

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2009, 07:22:28 PM »
Dex

"That's just exactly what I'm doing, Reverend. I have no problem accepting that something really strange has happened, and is still happening, to a lot of people. And I may be one of them, and I'm okay with that I guess. We'll see when I know what it is."
"But the only thing I know beyond that is that just cos you see something doesn't mean it's real, and just cos something's real doesn't mean you'll see it."

"It's okay Rev, really it is. Saying 'I don't know' doesn't scare me."

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »
Theira sits comfortably with her eyes closed, listening to the discussion, when she suddenly begins to convulse (Theira, click here for your vision).  Her nose and eyes are bleeding, then her body relaxes with a sigh.

Elijah calls to the driver, and the car's speed increases.

"The ranch is close, and has medical facilities.  It's not a hospital, but we also have a helicopter if we need to get her somewhere quick."

With a few minutes, and after running a few red lights, the limo pulls up to a ranch.  Two men are carrying a stretcher, and help get Theira into the building.  Elijah looks to Bruce and Dex, "Dr. Watts will keep us informed.  She is a member of the congragation, and agreed to come when she new what was happening.  She was also at the game."

Your greeted at the door of what looks to be a lodge house by a young man dressed in a crisp white shirt and kaki pants.  "Rev., all is ready for you.  Brother Mathis, Brother Wilcox and Sister Matthews are here already.  There are also refreshments waiting for you and your guests.

Elijah stops and looks the boy in the eye, saying, "thank you Billy."  You see that he takes the time to really be present with each person he talks to, at least when he can.  The boy smiles with deep and sincere admiration (close to hero worship), and goes on his way.

Your shown into a meeting room, and three people are sitting there.  "Reverend," says a man around 30 as he stands.  The others follow suit.  

Looking to Dex and Bruce, Elijah introduces the people present, "Dex, Bruce, I would like you to meet Brother Luke Mathis," the man around 30, who has sandy blonde hair and hazel eyes.  "And this is Brother Mark Wilcox," the second man, average in height, has brown hair and eyes.  "And this is Sister Mary Matthews,"  a thin woman in her mid-twenties, with blonde hair and blue eyes.  While pleasant looking, you can easily see that she is a woman who get's her way.

Looking at them, Elijah says, "Mark, Luke, where are your wives and babies?  They need to be here.  Mary, where's John?"

They mumble a bit, then Mary says, "Reverend, we respect you and all, buy why did you have us come here?  At this hour?"

"Have you seen what happened at the vigil?"

"I heard something on the news," says Luke, "but that's it."

"Each of you came to me complaining of headaches, and strange things happening.  Well, hell broke loose tonight at the Vigil."  The three parishoners look shocked at the Reverend.  "What I mean is that things were moving on their own, people floating, people seeming to be engulfed in flames, and many more.  Something happened at that game, and we quickly need to find out what before innocent people get hurt."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:11:36 PM by rmax »
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

• Viscount
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »
((Sorry everyone, got busy again.  I'll post tomorrow, but in the mean time, is there anything anyone wants to say to the new characters?)
- from "Soapdish"

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2009, 02:09:43 AM »
*nods a welcome*

(Don't want to seem hostile or aloof, but this is the Reverend's gig, I'll let him get on with it.)

Creative Freedom banner