HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2019, 09:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350141
  • Total Topics: 7456
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: The Vigil  (Read 9686 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 10:30:50 PM »
The gunshot startles all those present, and there is a moment of silence before all hell breaks loose.  You hear a voice shouting, "GOD"S Dead!  GOD's Dead!"  Looking over there is a force of police moving to where the gunman is, and you see the gunman take his own life.

Dex, you notice that in the rush to get people off the stage, at least two people are about to be trampled, and that one of the cop cars moving in is most likely going to hit the side of the stage.

Bruce, you heard the gunshot, and you see the people around you start to panic.

Nick, if you decided to go to the vigil, you will have seen the basics of the gunman.  You have a flashback that it's all about to happen again.  (nick, tell me if you did decide to come here).
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline GrumpyOldFart

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5659
  • Nice lad, but a bit cup-and-plate in the head...
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 11:29:43 PM »
Dex

 (under my breath) "Aw hell no, not again!"

There's always backup mics, at least one or two, especially with wireless mics as these are likely to be. You never know when a battery is gonna start giving up. I grab the backup, cut the channel in, max the gain and yell,

"EVERYBODY DOWN!!!"

then mute it and make a long flat dive for center stage. If the cop car hits the stage, center stage is the safest place. And the last time weird stuff started happening... you know, the stuff we're here for a vigil for?!?.... panic ended up hurting more people than anything else. With any luck, if everyone drops flat for a second or two, the cops and the ministry will get a breathing space to get the mob under control.
Whatever. But not again. No more. Whatever it takes to make that not happen.
Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog.
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting, lizard’s leg and owlet’s wing.
   - Traditional physical spell components
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out...
  - Traditional somatic spell components
Ooo Eee Ooo Aaa Aaa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang.
   - Traditional verbal spell components
Take the lime and the coconut, and drink them both together.
  - Traditional potion formula

Offline Usdrothek

  • Grey Council
  • Prince
  • *
  • Posts: 19620
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 03:35:45 AM »
Bruce

Bruce flinches at the sound of the gunshot. His shoulders hunch and his head ducks involuntarily. He reaches out to grab Kira by the shoulder and guide her down to the ground. He will try and drop to a knee and encourage other to do so too. He looks about to see if he can see what is happening....the gunman, police or security.

"GET DOWN! STAY CALM!"

Bruce is really hoping that the people in the crowd around him don't start to panic and run, causing a human stampede. He is ready to stand up again to prevent himself, Kira and Cathy getting trampled.
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »
Dex Rolling 1d100:
(45): Total = 45

Dex Rolling 1d100:
(15): Total = 15


Bruce Rolling 1d100:
(46): Total = 46

Bruce Rolling 1d100:
(4): Total = 4

"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 02:14:17 AM »
Dex, you make the announcement, but your not sure how effective it will be.  For the safety of your crew and yourself, you head to the center of the stage.  You notice that Rev. Elijah McDougal is making his way to the mike, but the police cruiser, though going at low speed, looks like it will sideswipe the back quadrant of the stage. 

But not again. No more. Whatever it takes to make that not happen.

At the last moment, the car barely misses the stage. 

Bruce, you notice that in the start of the panic, people are starting to scream.  Some in confusion are starting to run.  You stand ready to defend yourself, Kira and Cathy. 
Rolling 1d100:
(58): Total = 58
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 02:16:22 AM »
Bruce
A man, dragging a woman behind him, runs toward you.  He doesn't even notice you, as he is looking behind him.  As he comes forward, you shift your weight, throwing the man out of the way.

ALL
A piercing noise stabs through the air, as if all the microphone suddenly had extreme feedback.  It shocks everyone.
Rolling 1d100:
(96): Total = 96

"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 02:20:31 AM »
Rev. Elijah McDougal shakes his head after the burst of sound, then moves up to the microphone. 

"Friends!  Friends!  Listen!  This is madness!  As Reverend Moses said, we must have faith!" 
Rolling 1d100:
(84): Total = 84
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 02:33:24 AM »
The crowd still looks scared, but the sonic burst seems to have killed most of the panic.  People are still very skittish.  It's not hard to notice the people who are reliving shock.

Bruce, you notice a man near you hold his head in his hand, and a woman who seems to be mumbling to her self.
Bruce Rolling 1d100:
(18): Total = 18


Dex, you see a man close to you who is looking very agitated.
Dex Rolling 1d100:
(4): Total = 4
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 02:48:47 AM »
Bruce
The air around the man is starting to shimmer, and the woman is starting to fade from sight.

Dex
You realize that the man is clinching and unclinching his fists.  As he does this, you notice heat waves around his hands.

"Friends," continues Rev. McDougal.  He lowers his head for a moment, then looks out, with a face showing serenity, "my friends, it is time to have faith.  God is with you."    He then begins to sing.

Make me a channel of your peace:
Where there is hatred, let me bring you love;
Where there is injury, your healing pow'r,
And where there's doubt, true faith in you.

Make me a channel of your peace:
Where there's despair in life let me bring hope;
Where there is darkness, - only light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy.

O Spirit, grant that I may never seek
So much to be consolded as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love with all my soul - .

Make me a channel of your peace.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving to all that we receive,
And in dying that we're born to eternal life.


Rolling 1d100:
(65): Total = 65


(you are free to act while he is singing)
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline GrumpyOldFart

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5659
  • Nice lad, but a bit cup-and-plate in the head...
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 03:25:58 AM »
Dex
You realize that the man is clinching and unclinching his fists.  As he does this, you notice heat waves around his hands.

If he's close enough to talk to, I'll go to him. If that means I get burned, well, then I get burned.

"Steady, bud. Panic and freakiness are your worst enemies right now, man. Stay with us."

(I've had practice at this. I can probably safely assume that Dex has had at least one druggie friend who overdid things and got weird one night.)
Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog.
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting, lizard’s leg and owlet’s wing.
   - Traditional physical spell components
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out...
  - Traditional somatic spell components
Ooo Eee Ooo Aaa Aaa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang.
   - Traditional verbal spell components
Take the lime and the coconut, and drink them both together.
  - Traditional potion formula

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 03:31:37 AM »
You move over in his direction, focused on him. 

"Steady, bud. Panic and freakiness are your worst enemies right now, man. Stay with us."

Rolling 1d100:
(72): Total = 72
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 03:32:23 AM »
His attention focuses on you.  You don't think your getting through.  Since your focused on him, and his hands, you notice that his sleeves are starting to singe.
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline Usdrothek

  • Grey Council
  • Prince
  • *
  • Posts: 19620
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 03:49:29 AM »
Bruce

"Are you OK ladies?" he asks the two girls, his head still swiveling from side to side, looking for rushing individuals.

What the hell is going on here! Bruce thinks as he sees the shimmering man and the fading woman.

Bruce's first urge is to get the hell out of here, this whole event feels like a powder keg ready to go up.....and the first match has been blown out...what about the second? On the other hand, he has just seen something really strange....what is going on?


"If you want to leave I'll take you girls out of here, just say the word."

All the while he stares at the shimmering man and the fading woman.
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5659
  • Nice lad, but a bit cup-and-plate in the head...
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »
Dex

(Still in the 'talking someone off a ledge' voice)

"C'mon man, chill out, calm down. I dunno what's got you goin, but you don't get to burn down my gig. It's over man, the moment has passed, we've lived through another day. Lemme snag you a soda or something, you look like a man who needs to relax."

Thinkin to myself, "Why am I the one doin this? There are bound to be people here who are better at this than I am, why hasn't one of em showed up?"

Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog.
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting, lizard’s leg and owlet’s wing.
   - Traditional physical spell components
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out...
  - Traditional somatic spell components
Ooo Eee Ooo Aaa Aaa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang.
   - Traditional verbal spell components
Take the lime and the coconut, and drink them both together.
  - Traditional potion formula

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 06:58:56 PM »
Bruce

Kira looks up at you, "I don't know if it's wise."  You can tell though that she sees the woman and the man as well.

The woman completely disappears from view, while multi-colored globes start to form around the man.
You hear a woman's scream coming from where the disappearing woman once stood.
You can tell that the man is starting to loose it.  He keeps looking at the balls, and then batting at them.  It becomes almost blinding to look at him.

Dex
Rolling 1d100:
(69): Total = 69
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 07:02:35 PM »
Dex

He still seems agitated, and you don't think your getting through to him.  It's almost like the fire is taking control.

Rolling 1d100:
(20): Total = 20

Rolling 1d100:
(26): Total = 26

Rolling 1d100:
(46): Total = 46
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 07:04:45 PM »
Theira

Deciding to go to the vigil, you left in plenty of time, but you kept getting stopped by every traffic light.
You have arrived just in time to see all hell break loose.
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 07:08:08 PM »
Dex Rolling 1d100:
(37): Total = 37

Bruce Rolling 1d100:
(20): Total = 20

Theira Rolling 1d100:
(26): Total = 26


"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 07:14:09 PM »
ALL

Rev. McDougal's hymn is taken up by others.  Those close by can hear, cracking, fear choked voices signing out, and as they sing, become clear. 

Dex, the man in front of you is still agitated, but seems to be a little calmer.  As the man becomes calmer, you relax just a bit.  McDougal's hymn also seems to calm your nerves

Bruce, Kira and Cathy, and the others in the group, begin to sing.  Out of the corner of your eye, you notice Cathy holding her hands in prayer.  As you watch, the woman begins to reappear, and the colors around the man begins to fade.

Theira, as you approach, you feel calm, though you can see the chaos around you.  The something clicks.  You feel it.  Not the emotion, but something else.

Dex Rolling 1d100:
(48): Total = 48

Bruce Rolling 1d100:
(88): Total = 88

Theira Rolling 1d100:
(90): Total = 90

Theira Rolling 1d100:
(26): Total = 26
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

Offline rmax

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2605
Re: The Vigil
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 07:18:38 PM »
(I know I'm doing some rapid posts, but things are happening very quickly.  Remember, you can always go back a little to add elements...but remember, events are unfolding very rapidly).

Theira
, you suddenly feel that there is something very wrong.  Your eyes focus on the stage, and you know that something very bad is about to happen.

Dex, being sensitive to the stage, you feel the vibrations of movement.  Looking back, you see a woman approaching Rev McDougal.  The woman's right arm is out stretched, and she is pointing at him.  Her face is etched in rage.
"I have feelings about you, not for you!  There's a big difference! "
- from "Soapdish"

 

ICE webring