HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 11:09:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349145
  • Total Topics: 7443
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 11
Total: 12

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Preparing for a job....  (Read 1058 times)

Offline TJ

• Baron
Preparing for a job....
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:03:21 AM »

Dinak returns a few minutes later bearing a tray with a loaf of bread, a small wheel of cheese, a bowl of fruit and two glasses and a bottle.  Dinak sets the tray down and grabs the glasses and bottle.  He pours about 2 ounces of the liquid into each glass and passes one to Strom.  “I hope this is good.  I tried hard, in my limited Nemedian, to convey that I wanted his best liquor.  Here’s to our new partnership!”  The Zamorian tosses the shot down his throat and smiles at his new partner.

Strom drinks, and sets his glass back down.

The Zamorian offers the bottle to the Gundersman and says, “Well if we are agreed, then we should begin planning this job.”

"What are we planning to take?" asks Strom.

“Our target is a wealth carpet merchant” says Dinak, “as fate would have it his shop and home are located directly across the street.  That is why I did not want to stay here if we could have found other suitable lodgings.  It is also why I did not want to put my horse up in his stable.  Hidden within the walls there is a vault that holds his wealth, which apparently is large enough to also store bolts of silk cloth.  The client will provide us with special amulets that are required to enter the property as well as the locations of the guards.  In exchange she demands half of the coins that we take from the vault.  From her description, there should be more than enough wealth to make this venture profitable for us.”  He then scrounges around within his cloak and produces a piece of parchment.  As he spreads it out upon the table he says, “Here is a map of the shops and home.  Take a look at it and then we can discuss options and strategies.”

"We would really need to know where the guards are, won't we?" asks Strom.

Dinak answers, "The guards wil be where they will be.  What we really need to figure out is where the vault is?  Then we can worry about how to get there and who may be in the way."

Strom then states, "People rarely hide anything important in an outside wall, the best stuff is usually in an interior room, a bedroom, or even a basement. If the money is used regularly, then it will be in the office, if not, likely the library, that's probably the room where he practices his dark arts. Some people just always put it in the bedroom where they can sleep with it."  Strom then spits aside to cast off ill luck.

Dinak listens to Strom and considers his words, then responds. “My thoughts are that the museum and the library are the primary locations.  You might note that both offices have at least one exterior wall.  Each office has at least one wall that backs onto the atrium.  Both offices also abut a public room—the pantry or dining room—where servants would frequent.  So I doubt that the office is the location of the vault.  The bedrooms are a possibility, but I doubt it.  I cannot prove it but I suspect that our client has spent time in at least one of the bedrooms.  The position of the rooms could go either way as to a vault, but there is too much exposure to common or less private areas.  I know that the library would be where I would place my vault.  As to a basement the client has told me that there is but one floor.  Although a basement vault would be far easier to secure than one in a wall.

He then adds,   “I will meet the client tomorrow.  I feel that it would be safer for all if you did not attend the meeting.  Should there be any chance of an intervention by the guard, you will be free—hopefully able to help my cause.  Should there be some sort of double cross, you will be on the outside to help level the scales.  Should something go wrong, the client will not be able to identify you.  If you have questions you want answered I will ask them.  You should be able to view our meeting from this window.  Do you have any skill with a missile weapon?”

(Continue from here....)
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
Re: Preparing for a job....
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:36:08 PM »
"Do you want me to shadow you, or wait here? I don't know how I'll even know if you're in trouble if I'm not there."
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 05:11:07 PM »
"I’d say stay here in the room and use the window as a vantage to overlook the meeting.  At this point I don’t expect much in the way of trouble, so you will know when you see it ‘cause it’ll likely be big.  A contingent of guards moving to take me, the doors of the stable flying open to reveal mounted thugs, me being whisked sky ward on a magic wind these might be signs that I am in trouble.  For the most part I would hope to be able to deal with more mundane issues.  I don’t see our client as wanting to do me any harm and I hope that no one else knows about the job yet.  If you have a missile weapon you could provide cover fire from the room just in case there is a problem." says Dinak still in Corinthian.

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 03:43:16 AM »
"You make sense."

Pulls his travel pack to him, and unties the long bedroll strapped to the side of his pack.

Opening it, it's wrapped around an unstrung bow about 6' long, and a narrow necked quiver with five arrows in it.

"I'll string it before you go."

Drinks off the last of the ale.

"So. . .we sleep now?"

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 04:41:51 PM »
Dinak

Dinak smiles at the sight of the bow, Yes that should address any threat in the street nicely.  “Yes, rest would be in order.”   Although, I may be awake for a while considering options for access and egress for the building.

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 06:12:43 PM »
Strom takes his boots and armor off, and hits his cot. Like any veteren, he can sleep anywhere, and swiftly drifts off.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 04:50:03 PM »
OOC:  I seemed to have made a mistake in memory.  The meeting is back at the shabby bar not in the street in front of the carpet dealer.  Given this realization, Dinak would probably have suggested that Strom take his pike to get repaired, while he meets with the client again.  Strom has already seen her and can identify her, but he was just one of many mercenaries flooding into the city and there was no obvious connection to the thief.  If he showed up again for a meet, it might become obvious that he was connected to Dinak.  Besides Dinak has little fear of a meeting back at the bar, other than picking-up fleas or worse.

That being said, I don’t know if we should re-post the exchange, edit the posts to address the issues or just let things stand as they are and leave Strom waiting for a meeting in the street while Dinak slips off to meet the client?

Sorry for the long delay I had posted this message over a week ago, I just posted it to the wrong game.  I just noticed it in that game and have moved it back to where it belongs.

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 07:21:27 PM »
Strom would be happy to get his pike fixed, and it's a simple fix.

DriveThruRPG.com