HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 09:04:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350470
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 9
Total: 11

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Chapt 3 - Of Wards and Guards (Dinak)  (Read 1162 times)

Offline TJ

• Baron
Chapt 3 - Of Wards and Guards (Dinak)
« on: September 10, 2009, 02:11:35 AM »
Dinak moves on to the dive bar on Paladin Way to meet with Catalina.  He enters the bar and assumes his seat in the dark corner he sat in previously. After ordering a beer and nursing it he spots a cloaked figure enter the establishment, her lovely hair peeks out from beneath the covering over her face.  She again moves into the private room.  Dinak waits until finally the serving wench approaches him and indicates that his associate awaits him within the private room.

ooc:
I'll leave it here and then respond as Dinak reacts.
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
Re: Chapt 3 - Of Wards and Guards (Dinak)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »
Dinak

Approaches the curtain and knocks on the door frame before entering, in the manner of a servant attending to a noble.  He then enters and assumes a seat opposite his hostess.  He smiles and nods to her, but says nothing.  He again assumes the bearing of the lesser awaiting his mistress to speak first.

Offline TJ

• Baron
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:37:46 PM »
As Catalina rests back against the pillows she gestures for Maros to be seated.  Drawing forth a pounch that appears to contain some relatively heavy objects, she tosses the pouch to land upon the pillow before Dinak. "There are your amulets. They will grant you protection from his mystical wards at the entrance, but they won't protect you from me if you decide to try to avoid sharing your gains with me." Her cold business sense kicks in with her threat, but it is most difficult to take her seriously as she does not appear to be much of a physical threat.
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »
Dinak

Maros thief, but he know cheat customer no good business…you no come back.  I give you yours, yes.” Then he smiles and adds, “Maybe work together  more soon.”  As he says the last he lets his eyes roam over her form with no effort to hide is leering.  Then he says, “First must finish this job.  Do these (he hefts the pouch) work on windows too?  Where guards and when?  How big you think vault is?”

Offline TJ

• Baron
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 04:23:54 AM »
Catalina looks upon "Maros" with some suspicion. "You can dream, but you can't touch." She answers as he eyes her body.  Then she adds, "I only know that the charm will work on the wards on the doors. If the wards on the windows are the same then perhaps they will work, perhaps not. There will be no guards tomorrow night, he'll be having a guest for some very confidential business arriving when the moon is at the highest point, so if you time your arrive an hour or so before then there should be no guards in place."  She then begins to rise and adds, "The vault? If I had knowledge of the vault I would not need you. Find it and loot it - but remember my share - and I'll want those charms back as well when you are done with them." 

Catalina begins to leave as Dinak spills the necklace charms onto the pillow.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 01:21:10 AM »
Dinak

"Tomorrow night, do work.  Meet you here again in 3-days with your share," says the theif to his departing employer.  As he says this he takes a quick count on the number of amulets.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »
Dinak

Dinak thinks, Well, eyeing her up and discussing working together in the future should allay any fears she had that I will not return with her share!  I do wish that she had provided a few clues as to the nature of the safe.  If it was large enough to hold a rug or even a bolt of silk that would eliminate a lot of places that that are big enough only to hold a handful of coins.  Oh well, such is the nature of a challenge, I guess she’s right she could have taken the gold herself if she know where the safe was.

He thinks about sitting here for a bit to mull over the job ahead, how the break the news to his partner that there might be a few more joining them, and how best to facilitate an exit from town loaded down with the take.  But as he waits for the fair Catalina to exit the bar he can already feel things crawling amongst the pillows.  He decides that anywhere, no matter how crowded or noisy, is better than here.  After a few minutes he moved to his usual corner of the bar, finishes a second beer fairly quickly and departs for the inn where they are staying, by way of the stable.  He wants to check on Midnight, his horse.

Offline TJ

• Baron
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 05:29:18 PM »
Dinak is able to locate his horse and sees that Midnight is indeed being well cared for, and he is pleased that the stablehand who answered his knock (being different than the prior one) would not permit him entry until he was able to get his cohort to confirm the man's identity, not that Midnight would be likely to allow a stranger into the stall regardless.

After checking on the horse he begins to depart and hears a comotion erupt about 2 blocks over.
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 02:57:53 AM »
Dinak

Despite his obligation to meet the two from earlier in the day, Dinak could not get the better of his curiosity.  He follows the sounds of the commotion, wherever they lead.  Despite this apparent abandon, he keeps his whits about himself enough to keep tabs on where he was headed in relationship to the stable and inn.

future fantasy tabletop role play game, sic-fi and fantasy writers links to www.swordandsigil.com