HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2019, 12:36:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350486
  • Total Topics: 7461
  • Online Today: 9
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 5
Total: 7

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Worlds Of Wonder/Older editions of RQ/CoC  (Read 963 times)

Offline Shroudeye

• Banner Bearer
    • Ravenwise - Old School D&D Adventure In the world of Kalistria
Worlds Of Wonder/Older editions of RQ/CoC
« on: November 25, 2010, 04:12:50 PM »
I purchased the boxed set when it was new. I was curious to see if anyone else every owned this set? I thoroughly enjoyed this product and spent many hours pouring over the pages.

I also liked RQ2, CoC, and Super World before they made changes to the system and it turned me away from Chaosium after that. I really liked the old D100 system and actually tried using it with a D&D home-brew.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.

Want to be a vampire?

Offline ORtrail

• Knight of the Purple Sash
Re: Worlds Of Wonder/Older editions of RQ/CoC
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »
I picked up the WoW boxset at a gaming auction during a convention back in 1991 or so.  Futureworld was cool, but I really liked the simpler version of Superworld (compared to the Superworld boxed set which felt like it complicated things too much) along with several pages of designer notes from Different Worlds #23. 

The WoW boxed set was so very close to being one of, if not the very first, universal RPG on the market.  I would have loved to have seen a second WoW boxed set with Post Apocalypse/Wild West/Pirate settings. 

Ridgway Photography