HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 12:27:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349610
  • Total Topics: 7450
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 7
Total: 10

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Dark Magic (Harp fantasy)  (Read 4566 times)

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (Harp fantasy)
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know, that although we're already under way, were still open for new recruits.

Currently the group is underway in the equivalent of the plains of Gorgoroth to find some hidden treasure of the Dark Lord...its an Indiana Jones style excursion with a clueless noblemen having hired some experts for his greater glory. Already there is some internal strife between our PCs and the nobleman's retinue...at the same time they've just come across an orc tracker, so an orc encounter seems imminent. Let alone the other dangers these lands provide...

In short, they can use some help  :yes:

Jaeru - do you still have slots open? I am familiar w Rolemaster :) so I think I could probably pick up the rules fairly quickly. However if you have a pregen floating about (any warrior type will do), that would be cool.

Regards,
Old Man
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
your more tan welcome to join. unfortunately i dont have a ready made character, but HARP is pretty easy. you have the rulebook? in any case its like MERP. but if you need help let me knw.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
your more tan welcome to join. unfortunately i dont have a ready made character, but HARP is pretty easy. you have the rulebook? in any case its like MERP. but if you need help let me knw.

No, I don't own a copy of HARP (though I do have a copy of MERP). What level characters?

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2012, 09:43:28 AM »
If you want you can you attached character. Just decide on a name and a backstory and you're good to go. The character is a bit of a muscle, but the group can certainly use that  :yes:

Alternatively you can make a level 1 MERP character and I'll translate it to HARP, but that's not ideal as you don't take advantage of all the nice extra's that HARP has.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »
If you want you can you attached character. Just decide on a name and a backstory and you're good to go. The character is a bit of a muscle, but the group can certainly use that  :yes:

Looks good. Am pondering a name and story ... Is his race a normal occurance or highly unusual?

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2012, 06:59:31 AM »
Highly unusual...think Middle Earth and how the relations between dwarfs and elves are there...but we're talking 4th era, so relations have improved markedly

btw feel free to join in...we have enough nameless/faceless adventurers NPCs in the group that can turn into you. The group just finished a major battle. You could be the adventurer that got shot in the leg and immobilised (nothing permanent, just almost bleeding to death), immediately giving a good explanation why you weren't fighting given your awesome fighting abilities  :mellow:

He just got revived by one of the players, so gives a nice entry to get to know the group better

http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=7782.160
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:01:26 AM by Jaeru »

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2017, 11:52:10 AM »
Wow, just found this old recruitment thread...we've been going for almost six years now apparently...and still going strong! But we could use some new blood, so if anyone is interested, let me know!

The game is set in 4th era Middle Earth. The party is currently part of an Easterling/Variag army that is about to invade Nurn and Mordor with the intent of taking over stewardship from the Gondorians, who they feel have let their stewardship slip due to corruption (resulting in increased orc incursions in the East).

The question though is whether their intentions are indeed as noble as they claim they are...

At this point the party has just captured a vital fortress near a river crossing. The Gondorians are still unaware, but the moment the host will cross that river, it will be war!

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2017, 11:23:52 PM »

I suggested to a friend (Sir Reginald's player in the seige game) that he check out this one.

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2017, 09:39:33 AM »
Cool, thanks!

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2017, 02:00:38 PM »
His login is i8flesh. I sent him a PM about this thread.

5 years ago I joined, wow ...

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2017, 12:10:09 PM »
Time flies when your having rum  :lol:

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2019, 07:57:09 PM »
Going for 8 years...and still going strong! But we could use some new blood, so if anyone is interested, let me know!

The game is set in 4th era Middle Earth. The party is currently part of an Easterling/Variag army that has invaded Nurn and Mordor with the intent of taking over stewardship from the Gondorians, who they feel have let their stewardship slip due to corruption (resulting in increased orc incursions in the East).

The question though is whether their intentions are indeed as noble as they claim they are...

The party and the army is closing in on Minas Ithil...the final defensive line of the Gondorians close to collapse.

If you're interested...please feel free to apply. All players (including new) have a powerful artefact from the second era, which is both a blessing and a curse...Up for it?

Offline Opale

• Messenger
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2019, 11:05:52 AM »
Hi there !
 :)

Curious about it. I'm sending you a PM.

Regards