HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 10:37:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350815
  • Total Topics: 7463
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: Dark Magic (HARP) IC  (Read 238678 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Round Table
  • ****
  • Posts: 665
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4400 on: July 08, 2019, 01:35:53 PM »
Falco

Falco comes out of the building with multiple scrolls in hand.

“I got maps of the area!”, he yells.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4181
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4401 on: July 08, 2019, 11:31:42 PM »
Nameless

Replies, "Very good find Falco. Anything else of interest?"


Nameless looks about for a clean table where the maps can be spread out. "if these are helpful, I think a reward is in order."
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6575
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4402 on: July 09, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »
Jylnath

The Easterling pockets the 10 gp, and goes take a look at the maps.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9627
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4403 on: July 11, 2019, 06:48:15 PM »
One of the maps shows all fortress locations of the Gondorian army in Mordor and Nurn. This map should probably have been destroyed before the fort was taken, but this didn’t happen as the commander was killed. A very good find indeed.


The other maps seem to be detailed maps of parts of the surrounding area. the seem to be surveying maps.


Another interesting overview map seems to indicate certain orc and other monster activity hotspots. Hotspots nearby link to the surveying maps, that show the same if you look for it, but in more detail. The source of the other locations is unknown, but there are a lot...a surprising amount

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4248
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4404 on: July 13, 2019, 06:13:30 PM »
Auris compliments Falco for the find - he isn't paying, there are quartermasters for that - but uses the old military currency of commendation: "Good find, I'll mention this in dispatches."

Looking at the maps, Auris gets the idea that things will get interesting rather too quickly. "Let's make for the host, avoiding these hotspots for now. If we're to start clearing all that out, we'll be busy for ages. This needs to go up the chain of command."

He tries to find the route that leads to the spot where he expects to find the Eatserling host without disturbing any monster hotspots.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4181
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4405 on: July 13, 2019, 06:50:30 PM »

Nameless

Asks, "Depart now, or at first light?"
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9627
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4406 on: July 15, 2019, 07:06:25 AM »
Auris has an easy time finding a route to the host without going too near to any hotspots. The hotspots are not close to Gondorian positions and the Host is going to Gondorian positions.


That said, he does remember how far the orc raiding party was away from their hotspot...he also notices that the mountains and Mordor are literally littered with them. If the host does go on to Mordor it cannot but stumble across one of them.

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6575
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4407 on: July 17, 2019, 10:17:12 PM »
Jylnath

"I want to get the feel of the rank and file," said the Easterling. He puts an arrow to the string of his bow. "Men!" he calls out aloud, "What do you think of your captain, who took out the Gondorian cavalry man?" and he looks to them whether they cheer.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4181
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4408 on: July 17, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »
Jylnath

"I want to get the feel of the rank and file," said the Easterling. He puts an arrow to the string of his bow. "Men!" he calls out aloud, "What do you think of your captain, who took out the Gondorian cavalry man?" and he looks to them whether they cheer.

** I don't believe your conversation with Auris is done, unless he has given you leave to depart ...
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6575
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4409 on: July 17, 2019, 11:56:24 PM »
Jylnath

"I have a question for you too Nameless, didn't you take half damage at the gate in a couple of rounds and the next we see you was fighting away from the gate, too, like me?

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4181
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4410 on: July 18, 2019, 12:02:40 AM »
Nameless

Shrugs, as the bard once sang, "Get in, get out, quit fracking about, yo ho."
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6575
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4411 on: July 18, 2019, 12:16:45 AM »
Jylnath

"I thought so!" :lol:

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4248
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4412 on: July 18, 2019, 06:26:19 AM »
OOC: the conversation is defintitely not done.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9627
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4413 on: July 23, 2019, 07:05:40 PM »
Ooc: no, but Jylnath is allowed to raise his voice so that others might hear.


The men start a cheer, but halfway through realise that there’s something amiss with the leadership...the cheer dies away, as quickly as it materialises...an awkward silence ensues


Grixis leans forward and in hushed voice asks Falco: “What’s going on there? Are they fighting over leadership?”

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Round Table
  • ****
  • Posts: 665
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4414 on: July 23, 2019, 08:55:24 PM »
Falco

The Halfling shrugs. “You know them better than I do. I hardly pay attention to all that blather. It makes no difference to me, I’m sure n it for the loot... (he pauses)... and the fame... but, mostly the loot.”

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4181
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4415 on: July 24, 2019, 01:37:04 AM »

** So we're having this conversation first and then the 2nd thread between the 3 of us? OK. Ignore my earlier OOC.

Nameless says to say ... Falco ... "What do you think he plans to do with that arrow?" and "See me later, I'd like to chat."


"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Round Table
  • ****
  • Posts: 665
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4416 on: July 24, 2019, 02:03:35 AM »
** I saw this as a personal aside between me and Grixis. If this was something other than that Falco’s reply would have been different.


** Nameless would have been busy with Auris and Jylnath.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4181
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4417 on: July 24, 2019, 11:45:54 AM »
** I saw this as a personal aside between me and Grixis. If this was something other than that Falco’s reply would have been different.
** Nameless would have been busy with Auris and Jylnath.


** My comment to you was when Jylnath drew bow and arrow as we discussed maps. So I do not think, pending GM, that we've split into the side conversation yet.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9627
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4418 on: July 28, 2019, 04:30:58 AM »
Ok, let’s do a situation sketch first.


Grixis and Falco are at the main campfire with the Easterling troops.


Jylnath, Auris and Nameless have moved out of earshot and have gathered around a large boulder to discuss the maps Falco found and to discuss other military matters.


The only way to hear them is if they shout.


That means that what Grixis, Falco and the troops hear is Jylnath’s shout about him shooting the Gondorian cavalry captain. Nameless won’t be able to casually discuss the arrow...unless he shouts it, but that would be weird  :yes:


As this could quickly lead to an in party melee, I’m going into combat rounds.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 04:53:08 AM by Jaeru »

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9627
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4419 on: July 28, 2019, 04:50:08 AM »
Round 0:

Around the rock:
  • Jylnath has a cocked bow and arrow, but I assume it is not yet pointed at Auris.
  • Nameless has drawn his hammer.
  • Auris is just standing there (but gauntlet is always drawn)


At the campfire:


  • After the awkward cheering has died down, the troops notice the drawn weapons. This starts a murmur and some of the men stand up, hands moving to their hilts, but other stay seated...overall they do not seem to know what to do.
  • Grixis also stands up and says to Falco: “They’ve seem to have changed and I don’t know Jylnath, but this seems ominous...I don’t want to end up fighting these Easterlings...shouldn’t we stop them?”


Please declare actions: As this could be PC vs PC combat, I’m running this by the book as I don’t want any complaints afterwards. So every round you need to roll initiative and declare an action. Please note that talking is not a separate action, so you can do that and declare an action. Given the stand-off situation...if you elect to do nothing (which is also an action), you can still respond to an attack with a counterattack and parry as long as you have a drawn weapon, however you lose initiative. This is slightly different in the case of Jylnath holding a bow. If Jylnath elects to do nothing and someone attacks him, initiative will decide who goes first. This to reflect that the melee attacker has to move in and Jylnath is not pointing the bow at someone. Lastly, please note that unless you shout, there is no communication possible between the groups. So Falco, Grixis and the Easterlings cannot hear what is said in a normal tone of voice by Nameless, Jylnath and Auris and vice versa. So please indicate clearly if you shout something...otherwise I assume it is said in a normal voice.


Cue spaghetti western tune  :mellow:



« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 05:47:37 AM by Jaeru »