HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 07:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349223
  • Total Topics: 7443
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 12
Total: 13

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: Dark Magic (HARP) IC  (Read 233235 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3977
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4340 on: May 16, 2019, 11:36:52 AM »
@Nameless: 2 rounds until you reach the group, technically you are unaware that there is a gondorian cavalry unit charging up on the other side of the hill at the same time...you were aware of a signal to outside groups, but that’s it...the cattle will take much longer...100 rounds or so, so I wouldn’t wait for them


** So who did I shoot the Lightning Bolt at? Or do I get that back?
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • ***
  • Posts: 488
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4341 on: May 17, 2019, 01:05:34 AM »
** so, on the sketch, I am where archer 5 & 6 were located?

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9555
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4342 on: May 17, 2019, 03:09:07 PM »
@nameless: that is a valid point...I guess you now have visual contact  :yes:  my bad
@Falco: that is correct

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3977
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4343 on: May 17, 2019, 11:28:09 PM »
** 2 rounds of riding, depending on the rate, could easily be under 500' w maneuvering and what not.

Nameless

Encourages his riders to strike fear into the heart of his (their) foes, "DESTROY THEM! Prove your worth to the East!" :)


"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Online Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4188
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4344 on: May 21, 2019, 01:30:48 PM »
Auris raises the captain, he tries to do this with horse and all.

"Araise, first of the undead cavalry! Leave none of your former command alive, slay them all and enlist them in the ranks of the undead riders, the eternal cavalry!"

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9555
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4345 on: May 21, 2019, 07:29:33 PM »
Auris is successful in raising the dead captain. The horse has galloped off however, so I fear the first of his undead cavalry is on foot for now. The zombie captain does dutifully run after the charging gondorians hoping to catch one of them.


On the top of the hill, the Easterlings are utterly confused. The order of Jylnath with the Gondorians and Easterlings charging up simultaneously with them in the middle shakes their resolve. They decide to flee, leaving you alone on the top of the hill.


Jylnath seems unphased and reloads his bow.


Grixis in an act of desparation tries to shoot his sword on last time “Here goes nothing” he mutters “Hope I can prove my worth finally” With his eyes closed, he concentrates and fires another round. This time (GM rolled a proper 91  :yes: ) the ball explodes with deadly effect. Thirty of the fifty riders are launched from their horses and land on the ground dead or severely wounded. The horses of the others balk, throwing several on the ground. In the ensuing chaos, the charge halts and the Gondorians finally fail they’re morale check and flee.


Nameless charging up the hill, sees his enemies flee before him. The Easterlings beside him give a deafening roar as they spur on their horses with the intent of running their enemies down.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9555
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4346 on: May 21, 2019, 07:31:07 PM »
Meanwhile in the fort. The archers look on in shock and horror as they see the cavalry decimated and on the run. One of the archers shouts down: “Sir a sorcerer has destroyed the cavalry...their fleeing...what do we do?”


Falco can see the officer turning pale and pondering the next actions

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9555
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4347 on: May 21, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »
Please declare actions:


Auris: your gauntlet is buzzing with anticipation...so many dead to raise
Nameless: you have to decide whether to run down the enemy or do something else
Jylnath: feel free to pick of an opponent with your bow
Falco: let me know what you want to do

Online Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4188
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4348 on: May 21, 2019, 07:57:41 PM »
Auris

"More! Let death rein!"

Auris raises as many more of the fallen as he can. With horses if possible, without if need be.

Online Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4188
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4349 on: May 21, 2019, 07:58:49 PM »
And once raised, Auris commands them to wipe out the charging easterlings, and after that, go for the fortress.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3977
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4350 on: May 21, 2019, 11:58:41 PM »
And once raised, Auris commands them to wipe out the charging easterlings, and after that, go for the fortress.

** Easterlings? Hmmm ...

Meanwhile, Nameless bellows to the Easterlings, "LET THEM RUN. TAKE THE FORT!"

He'll eventually arrive at Auris' side, "S'up?"
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Online Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4188
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4351 on: May 22, 2019, 07:19:14 AM »
OOC: Correction: gondorians.

The fleeing easterlings would also get a piece of the sharp end, but later.

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6543
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4352 on: May 22, 2019, 08:45:22 AM »
Jylnath

picks a target for his bowshot while moving away from the point of stampede of the two cavalry forces.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • ***
  • Posts: 488
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4353 on: May 22, 2019, 08:38:09 PM »
** how far am I away from the fort commander?

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9555
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4354 on: May 27, 2019, 07:25:57 AM »
@Falco: within shooting range

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9555
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4355 on: May 27, 2019, 07:42:57 AM »
Jylnath takes aim at the fleeing Gondorians. His arrow pierces an officers skull from behind and the arrow portrudes right in the middle of his forehead...the officer rides on for a moment or two, then collapses with his foot stuck in the stirrups, resulting him in being pulled by his horse like a horrible plough


The fleeing Easterlings stop as they see the battle has turned convincingly and gather around Jylnath who has positioned himself away from the battle at this point


Nameless is able to turn the charge of the Easterlings towards the fort. They halt in front of the gate. The 4 archers on top cock their bows and aim downwards waiting for their orders.


Meanwhile, Auris starts raising the dead. He feels an enormous amount of necrotic energy spew forth from his gauntlet. In the distance he can see 8 frosted soldiers and their steeds starting to twitch and move as they slowly raise themselves from the ground awaiting orders (ooc: you feel you have more range than normal for the time being...but if you let them charge after the Gondorians you will quickly lose control regardless)

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9555
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4356 on: May 27, 2019, 07:43:08 AM »
Ooc: actions please

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3977
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4357 on: May 27, 2019, 12:54:26 PM »

Nameless

Yells at the Easterlings, "Stop making targets of yourselves! Take the fort. (Whether or not the gate is open.... )"

Continues toward Auris' position.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6543
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4358 on: May 27, 2019, 01:41:31 PM »
Jylnath

sighs at the sight of the fallen Gondorian knight. The Easterlings begun challenging the holders of the fort by clashing their spears and swords against their painted shields, but there was little they could do against them due to their small number.

The Easterling pointed at another Gondorian cavalryman with his bow that would slash some other soldier down.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • ***
  • Posts: 488
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4359 on: May 28, 2019, 01:59:18 AM »
Falco

(Still invisible)

I make my way down to the gate to make sure it is will be open once the gang gets back.

 

Red Cap