HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 08:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350470
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 8
Total: 9

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Dark Magic (HARP) IC  (Read 238011 times)

Offline Hayek

• Viscount
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4360 on: June 05, 2019, 06:17:14 AM »
Auris

Orders the new undead cavalry to stay close for now, and focus on the Gondorian troops still outside the fort. "Kill them all! Rip their guts out!" And he directs them to start with the gondorians that are most a threat to his own person.

The task of running any fleeing Gondorians to ground will follow soon, but will be left to the Easterlings, he trusts their horsemanship better anyway. He gives some orders to that effect:
"Once the battle has turned here, go to your horses, mount up, and pursue those that fled. Beware of traps, but bring them all in. I do not want maps to show a fortress here anymore, just a pyramid." When he sees non-understanding looks on their faces, he explains "A pyramid of skulls, so people will only wonder what happened here, but no-one to tell the tale"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 06:21:33 AM by Hayek »

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #4361 on: June 05, 2019, 07:30:24 AM »
Is this what you're talking about?

Offline Jaeru

• Marquis
« Reply #4362 on: June 11, 2019, 02:49:29 PM »
Situation:

The Easterling cavalry under the command of Nameless (for the time) is charging the gates (which are closed, so unsure what they will do once they arrive there).

The Easterling foot soldiers under the command of Jylnath (for the time) are slowly moving in on the fort as well, banging their shield in a menacing way.

Auris’ undead cavalry (8 in total) is also moving in on the gates.

Meanwhile, the Gondorian cavalry (or what is left of it) continues galloping away. Some wounded Gondorians try to crawl or stagger away. They are dispatched by Auris’ undead cavalry. (They could be raised as undead foot soldiers)

Down the hill you can see Auris’. Undead captain on foot trying to keep up with the fleeing gondorians on horseback. It’s a hilarious if not sad sight to behold. He has left Auris’ sphere of inlfuence and continues his futile quest

Inside: The archers relay to the soldiers below that the Easterlings are about to storm the gate. The officer commands the archers to start firing, while he commands a separate group to fetch oil and stones and man the walls. The remaining infantry is ordered to brace the gates.

Falco has successfully exited the tower. And is clear to walk to the gate.

Actions please

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #4363 on: June 12, 2019, 01:41:53 AM »

** Do the gates open in or out? I believe inward and the bar is destroyed by my lightning bolt correct? So ...

Nameless

Calls out, "The bar is broken, push inward proud warriors of the east, PUSH INWARD!"

Nameless reins in near Auris and trundles along in whichever direction he goes, while waiting for the cattle to arrive.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Hayek

• Viscount
« Reply #4364 on: June 12, 2019, 09:42:24 AM »
Auris raises the newly dead as footsoldiers.

He will instruct Nameless to go after the fleeing Gondorians as soon as their current charge on the gate is done - no point in interrupting it now.

"Jylnath, force the door with your footsoldiers. Let mine serve as the first blow"

He instructs the newly raised footsoldier to storm the gate. "Run, be there before the other footsoldiers!"

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #4365 on: June 12, 2019, 11:41:25 AM »
Nameless

Looks at Auris, smirking behind the metal, "I'll take your ... suggestions ... under ... advisement." Laughs hollowly.

Once the cows have gathered, he'll prepare them to stampede, either after the Gondorians or into the keep, depending on the situation.

Offline Jaeru

• Marquis
« Reply #4366 on: June 12, 2019, 05:22:02 PM »
@nameless: you can definitely use the cows for this tactic, but then call off the current charge and sit out while the cattle slowly gathers. We’re now in combat time and the gathering of the cows will take at least 15 minutes, which is 90 rounds!

Offline Jaeru

• Marquis
« Reply #4367 on: June 12, 2019, 05:23:30 PM »
Auris is able to raise another 9 footsoldiers. They will not outrun the Easterling horsemen, so need to decide what they’ll do first.

What will your undead horsemen do?

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #4368 on: June 12, 2019, 09:02:25 PM »
@nameless: you can definitely use the cows for this tactic, but then call off the current charge and sit out while the cattle slowly gathers. We’re now in combat time and the gathering of the cows will take at least 15 minutes, which is 90 rounds!
** Am confused - blew the horn on « Message by Old Man on March 24, 2019, 03:48:43 PM » as I approached Auris. I assume the cows are still gathering. Was waiting on sufficient numbers (within 100') before ordering the stampede. Are we there yet?

Offline Jaeru

• Marquis
« Reply #4369 on: June 13, 2019, 01:26:59 PM »
Ooc: I know it was a long time ago in RL, but it was just 10-20 combat rounds effectively. It just took almost two months to resolve a simple charge up the hill.  :yes:  You have to realise that the cows come walking when the horn is blown, not running. So the stampede continued, while you guys were fighting, teleporting away, charging back. That gave the cows some distance. They are now walking that distance back to you instead of stampeding.

So in short, you are not there yet to order a stampede. Give it 10 minutes (which is not a long time if you’re not in the middle of combat) and you’re there.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #4370 on: June 13, 2019, 11:50:55 PM »
Ooc: I know it was a long time ago in RL, but it was just 10-20 combat rounds effectively. It just took almost two months to resolve a simple charge up the hill.  :yes:  You have to realise that the cows come walking when the horn is blown, not running. So the stampede continued, while you guys were fighting, teleporting away, charging back. That gave the cows some distance. They are now walking that distance back to you instead of stampeding.

So in short, you are not there yet to order a stampede. Give it 10 minutes (which is not a long time if you’re not in the middle of combat) and you’re there.

** Yep, I figured all that, I was confused by "but then call off the current charge and sit out while the cattle slowly gathers" - did you mean call off the cattle or call off the Easterlings? Am fine with the Easterlings charging then, if needed, the cattle. :)

Offline Jaeru

• Marquis
« Reply #4371 on: June 14, 2019, 06:07:31 AM »
Ooc: I meant: if you want to let the cows breach the gate, then it doesn’t make sense to let the Easterling cavalry charge the gates (which they are doing per some earlier post). It is then better to stay out of bowrange for 10-15minutes and then let the cows do the heavy lifting. Or kill off the fleeing gondorians first while the cows gather, etc.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #4372 on: June 14, 2019, 11:36:39 AM »
Ooc: I meant: if you want to let the cows breach the gate, then it doesn’t make sense to let the Easterling cavalry charge the gates (which they are doing per some earlier post). It is then better to stay out of bowrange for 10-15 minutes and then let the cows do the heavy lifting. Or kill off the fleeing gondorians first while the cows gather, etc.

** OK. Cows/easterlings/undead ...  undead/easterlings/cows ... pretty much all the same to Nameless. :) He will continue to see how this all plays out.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #4373 on: June 15, 2019, 12:30:35 AM »
Jylnath goes with the other Easterlings, careful of bowshot, in the direction of the fort to storm the gate.

Offline I8flesh2

• Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #4374 on: June 16, 2019, 11:39:00 AM »
** Has Falco made it to the gates yet?

Offline Jaeru

• Marquis
« Reply #4375 on: June 17, 2019, 06:57:24 AM »
falco’s made it to the gates. He sees 6 soldiers desperately trying to barricade the gate with crates and what have you. Meanwhile, other soldiers are carrying barrels up to the walls.

Offline Jaeru

• Marquis
« Reply #4376 on: June 17, 2019, 06:59:04 AM »
Outside I have all units charging the gates...is that still correct?

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #4377 on: June 17, 2019, 11:41:42 AM »
Outside I have all units charging the gates...is that still correct?

** Nameless directed those with him to the gate.

Offline I8flesh2

• Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #4378 on: June 18, 2019, 03:07:32 AM »
** where is their leader ?

Offline Jaeru

• Marquis
« Reply #4379 on: June 21, 2019, 07:26:58 AM »
The leader is with the 6 soldiers barricading the gate

Advertisement