HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 11:44:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350764
  • Total Topics: 7462
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Episode 1.6: Prime Suspect  (Read 35480 times)

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
Episode 1.6: Prime Suspect
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
Captain's Log, Stardate 8498.8, Lt. Cmdr. Garav reporting as acting-captain: The Drake has arrived at Starbase 11, where the ship will receive a quick once-over from station engineers and Commander Treyva will submit to a board of inquiry to investigate his actions on Tablas a few weeks ago. We've been ordered to report to Commodore Krane's office immediately upon our arrival...

Two figures appear on the small transporter pad in the Portmaster's office. A tall, powerfully built man in a commodore's uniform stands waiting, a young human female yeoman at his side. His face is curled into what seems to be a semi-permanent scowl, his nearly-snarling lips framed by a salt-and-pepper mustache and goatee.

"Commanders," Commodore Krane says by way of greeting as Treyva and Garav finish materializing. "It's good to see you both in one piece. I look forward to your full report on your first contact with the denizens of Theresus AB IV, but we have this other sticky business to address first. Come, have a seat."

Krane gestures to the two chairs in front of his desk as he rounds the other side and sits. The yeoman quietly takes a chair in the corner.

"We'll start the inquiry tomorrow morning. Captains Ayirsti of the Volgograd, Alexander of the Saratoga, and Schrepfermann, my chief engineer, will join me on the board. We will look into the Tablas incident and Commander Treyva's actions. It should only take a few days to complete, but I'm going to have the Drake in port for a week. Questions or comments, gentlemen?"

OOC: Because they operate out of Starbase 11 much of the time, both officers have met Capt. Schrepfermann. And, of course, they both know Capt. Alexander from Episode 1.3. Treyva and Garav may each make a Culture (Starfleet) TN15 renown test to recognize Capt. Ayirsti's name; his renown bonus is +1.

Both officers may also make Culture (Starfleet) TN15 renown tests to determine how well they know the engineer; he also has a renown bonus of +1.

Oops, I forgot to add that the part of Commodore Krane is being played by Keith David.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:35:21 PM by Dafydd Jones »

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
Re: Episode 1.6: Prime Suspect
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:51:35 PM »
...meanwhile on board the Drake...

"Mr. Sorak, the Starbase 11 inspection team has arrived in Transporter Room 2."

Sorak has been anticipating the team's arrival, which was due 12.368 minutes ago.

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
    • CODA Star Trek RPG Support Site
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:24:48 AM »
Treyva's Culture rolls. Skill +6, INT mod +2, Renown mod +1 = Total mod of +9

Recognize Captain Ayiristi
Rolled 2d6+9 : 3, 3 + 9, total 15

Recognize as=yet-unnamed engineer
Rolled 2d6+9 : 5, 6 + 9, total 20

Here's hoping....
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 12:47:09 AM »
"At the moment, sir, I just want to reiterate that the responsibility for what happened at Tablas is mine and mine alone," Treyva said quietly. "And, if it's possible, I'm curious as to the general mood regarding the situation. I understand that Captain Kirk being back in the center seat on the new Enterprise has a lot of people feeling twitchy. I'm hoping that twitchiness hasn't attached itself to me, or more importantly, the people under my command."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:49:19 PM by PGoodman13 »

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »
Ignore that as-yet-unnamed thing up there. My laptop screen gives me fits sometimes.

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »
Treyva knows a bit about Ayirsti's story. The chocolate-furred Caitian had graduated from his planet's military academy in 2257, two years before Cait joined the Federation; he's known as one of the Original Twelve, the moniker given to the first 12 Caitians to enter Starfleet in 2261. Ayirsti is Treyva's age, but, as Caitians mature earlier than most species, he's had a longer career. He currently commands the Kiev-class frigate USS Volgograd (NCC-2125).

(OOC: If you took away all the fur, Ayirsti would bear an uncanny resemblance to Djmion Hounsou.)

Capt. Dietrich Schrepfermann is a salt-n-pepper-haired German man (with an ever-present goatee) in his mid-50s, and his and Treyva's careers have intersected a few times. He's always been a port engineer, and has built an excellent track record for getting ship repairs done ahead of schedule. Schrep has a large family; he's one of seven children, and has six of his own, two of which have already followed their father into Starfleet (and a third about to take the entrance exam). The two men often find time to sit down for a drink and chat about their children.

(OOC: "Schrep" is being played by Christoph Waltz.)

"There are a lot of folks who think that, despite saving Earth for the second time in 12 years, Jim Kirk should've been forced to retire instead of being rewarded with another captain's chair," Krane says, leaning forward. "Starfleet Command is split down the middle on Captain Kirk and his cavalier approach to first contact situations. So, potential Prime Directive violations are getting greater scrutiny.

"I can't say if a 'taint' of some kind will follow you and your crew because of the Tablas incident; I suppose it depends on the individual flag officer."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:32:12 PM by Dafydd Jones »

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »
"Fair enough, sir," he replied. "I'm particularly concerned about one of my young engineers, Nikolai Kolesnikov, who Lieutenant Sorak recommended for promotion to j.g. based, in part, on his actions during the Tablas incident. I endorsed that recommendation with enthusiasm. I can take a hit to my record; I knew what I was getting myself into when I started giving orders that day. But Ensign Kolesnikov has more than earned that promotion, even without his exceptional service on Tablas, and I'd hate for whatever happens to me at this inquiry to get in the way of that."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 06:33:52 PM »
"As far as I know, promotions will not be held up by this inquiry, Commander. Yeoman, check on Nikolai Kolesnikov's promotion recommendation."

The yeoman nods and notes it on her tablet.

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 06:40:07 PM »
"Thank you, sir." Treyva relaxed slightly. "So, other than my causing trouble out there, how have things been on the home front?"

OOC: I've lost track. Praxis hasn't happened yet, has it? Where in the chronology are we again?

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:43:38 PM »
OOC: We're in 2287, about a month or two after the apocryphal events of ST V (which don't happen in the game continuity). The major news of the past couple of months is the new Enterprise's very public shakedown cruise (how can it not be when she has three officers of captain rank aboard?), which apparently has been quite problematic. Scuttlebutt is that Capt. Scott has his work cut out for him getting her ship-shape in time for their next five-year mission.

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
"The Klingons have been mostly quiet, and that alone is cause enough for concern," Krane says. "Starfleet Command has extended tours for most smaller ships, so we're starting to see fewer, but longer, repair stops here. Oh, and congratulations on the back-to-back first contact record. That's quite an achievement; I think I can say that without showing bias toward the inquiry."

Offline Dougals

• Baron
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 08:48:56 PM »
"Mr. Sorak, the Starbase 11 inspection team has arrived in Transporter Room 2."

Sorak sets aside the list of proposed maintenance and upgrades for the Drake and acknowledges the notification. He stands, adjusts his uniform, and makes his way to Transporter Room 2, his face concealing his impatience to get the inspection started and done.
"Plus who is going to be consoling Sorak there?"

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »
"Thank you, Commodore," Treyva said, smiling. "When Admiral Vandenboogard mentioned that in his message to me, I went and looked it up. I was impressed to discover that there were still records to be had that Enterprise, in one incarnation or another, didn't own." He leaned back a little bit in his chair. "As far as the Klingons being quiet ... well, all things being equal, I think that I prefer them that way. This past year or so has probably colored my perceptions on the issue, though."

Offline Nolmir

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 06:07:47 PM »
Garav's Culture rolls: Skill +4, INT mod +0, Renown mod +1= +5
Ayiristi:
Rolled 2d6+5 : 6, 1 + 5, total 12

Schrepfermann:
Rolled 2d6+5 : 1, 3 + 5, total 9

Offline Nolmir

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 07:02:24 PM »
Garav shifted uncomfortably in his seat as Treyva and Krane made small talk. Hearing that Capts. Alexander and Schrepfermann would be on the board of inquiry came as something of a reassurance -- the crew of the Drake had helped to save her ship not all that long ago, and Garav knew that Treyva and the engineer knew one another. Still, their friendship was no assurance that either of them would rule in Treyva's favor.

"Being abducted by Klingons will tend to do that, even if they were under a psychic influence," Garav commented, trying to put a bit of humor into it, but was not entirely successful. Garav cleared his throat. "Anyway, sir, I just want to say that I think I speak for the entire crew in saying that we stand by Commander Treyva and his decision to assist the people of Tablas. I will be telling the same thing to the full board of inquiry tomorrow."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 12:06:10 AM »
...on board the Drake...

Sorak enters the transporter room to find the familiar face of Capt. Schrepfermann waiting for him, with a pair of lieutenants in tow.

"Hallo, Mr. Sorak," Schrep says in his usual friendly tone, a broad smile peeking through his goatee. "It is good to see you again. I apologize for being late; we had a small problem with the Volgograd repair schedule. It kept me in the office longer than I would have liked. Now, how is your beautiful old ship faring?"

...in the Portmaster's office...
"There's no need to lobby me now. You'll have plenty of opportunity to voice your support during the inquiry, Mr. Garav," Krane reminds the Andorian. "If there's nothing else, gentlemen, Commander Treyva will be given quarters on the starbase for the duration of the inquiry. Traci here will make sure you get settled in." -- he gestures toward the yeoman -- "Dismissed."

OOC: Feel free to do a little RP.

Offline Dougals

• Baron
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 01:12:48 AM »
"Welcome aboard, Captain," Sorak greeted the station engineer, his right hand extended in the Vulcan salute and thecorners of his mouth twitching upwards into what, for him, could be considered a wide smile. "Had I known you would be performing the inspection personally, it would have been distinctly less difficult to contain my impatience."

"And to answer your question, the Drake has maintained or exceeded her expected standads of operation. Standards I can assure you my staff and I have expended no small amount of effort in establishing." The Vulcan gestures to the door, "We can begin at your discretion. What shall be our first stop?"

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 04:44:35 PM »
"Let's start at the heart, shall we? Main engineering," the captain says. As they exit the transporter room, he continues, "How is your son, Sorak? Is he still engrossed in his studies?"

Offline llashb

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »
Dourap is going onto the Star base to see his friend Lt. Cmdr. John Farrell.  He will ask him who is on the board armed with this information he will do a psycological profile of the three Captains for our  Captain. (All three Captains should have substantial data available from log recordings and public records and I will spend all night going over them.)

Medical Roll 1
Rolled 2d6+19 : 2, 1 + 19, total 22
Rolled 2d6+19 : 2, 6 + 19, total 27
Rolled 2d6+19 : 6, 3 + 19, total 28

Offline Dougals

• Baron
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 07:04:53 PM »
Sorak nods as they make their way to the turbolift, "He is integrating quite well at the Academy and is enjoying his studies. Understandably, Sonek is having much less trouble with advanced quantum theory than he is adjusting to daily interaction with some of the more... flagrantly emotional species his classmates consist of." The trademark half-smile returns, "Although I dare say he would be having considerably more difficulty if he had been raised in a more Surakian tradition. I'm sure his sense of humor has been equally troublesome to those expecting the more traditional form of Vulcan stoicism."

Creative Freedom banner