Author Topic: Episode 1.7: The Old Maroon and Gold  (Read 38696 times)

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
    • CODA Star Trek RPG Support Site
Re: Episode 1.7: The Old Maroon and Gold
« Reply #780 on: July 16, 2014, 04:29:25 PM »
OOC: Got delayed. Deadline looming; we're mocking each other at the moment. I'll have a little bit more later today or tomorrow.
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #781 on: July 16, 2014, 04:45:56 PM »
OOC: No worries.

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #782 on: July 17, 2014, 01:20:19 AM »
Treyva smiled. "I knew you were getting an early start," he said, "though I wasn't aware that you were the youngest ever. I'll have to tell Misskar; she'll be surprised, I'm sure, to hear it." He thought for a moment, then added, "Don't overload on extracurricular activities, just because you don't need to sleep. Just trust me on this one."

He sighed, then continued. "I want you to keep an eye on Ernst as the two of you begin classes. His name isn't exactly an asset to him at the moment, because of what happened with his father, and he's going to need a friend, especially during this first year." He placed a hand on her shoulder. "I look forward to hearing about your accomplishments. I am so very proud of you."

OOC: I'm going to presume that I've spoken to Ernst off-camera, since it makes things faster....

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #783 on: July 17, 2014, 07:31:29 PM »
OOC: Yes, Treyva spoke to Ernst off-camera.

"Thank you, sozha."

Over the intercom, the trio hears the final boarding call for the transport to Denobula Triaxa, prompting Liera to grab her back. With a fond look at her husband and daughter, she bids them farewell.

As she watches Liera disappear into the transport, Miral asks her father, "Does it always feel like this? I mean, when you leave family for the service? It's like there's a huge knot in my stomach."

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #784 on: July 17, 2014, 10:40:37 PM »
Treyva nodded as he watched his wife leave; usually, it was the other way around. "Every time," he replied quietly. "Some times are harder than others. but yes, it happens every time. For me, at least. I've always found it to be worth it in the end, but the actual leaving? Never easy. And it shouldn't be."

EDIT: Just some tweaks. Nothing material has changed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:27:50 PM by PGoodman13 »

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #785 on: July 18, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »
Treyva
Miral nods, her eyes shifting to the transport as it slowly maneuvers away from the terminal window. The pair stand quietly as the ship approaches and traverses the docking bay doors and disappears from view.

Turning to her father, her eyes glistening, the young cadet asks, "Can we go get something to eat before I have to go back to campus? I don't want to have to leave both my parents behind so close together..."

OOC: I think we're waiting on thevshi to respond to Greg's post.

In the meantime, here's the experience for the epsiode:

Dourap 410
Maria 520
Rafe 585
Sorak 689
Treyva 488

Please update your characters.

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #786 on: July 18, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
"Of course we can," he replied. "You're in San Francisco for a few years...I suppose I should introduce you to Chinese food...."

OOC: And I think I'm out. Good one, guys; I had fun. And got an advancement out of the deal, to boot. Will post that later.

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #787 on: July 18, 2014, 04:59:24 PM »
OOC: I think Dourap advances this time, as well. When Sorak advances (after next episode), we'll do another round of NPC advancements.

Offline thevshi

• Knight of the Purple Sash
« Reply #788 on: July 20, 2014, 05:18:06 AM »
"Maria is that what brought you to the fleet?"   Pausing for just a moment, "If you don't mind me asking?"

Maria gave a small smile at the Commander’s questions.  “I do not mind at all, and yes, at least to a degree, growing up around Starfleet certainly steered me towards this career.  But I also felt it was a place I could help make some sort of difference, and find a challenge.”

(sorry for the delay, been a bit sick and busy with things)

Offline Ronin84

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • Sometimes a feeling is all we humans have to go on
« Reply #789 on: July 20, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »
“I do not mind at all, and yes, at least to a degree, growing up around Starfleet certainly steered me towards this career.  But I also felt it was a place I could help make some sort of difference, and find a challenge.”

Nodding his head in agreement, "For me it wasn't my parents, they are researchers, archaeologists by training, they have spent the better part of their lives in Orion space."  Stabbing at more meatball.  "It was my grandfather who had been in the fleet, he had some wild stories about pushing the boundaries of the Federation back then, being the first to see something."

Smiling, "He is a character, still going today, though I'm not sure who misses who more me missing him or him missing me...on the other hand I'm not sure my parents know where I'm at." 

(OOC:  Hope you are feeling better thevshi.))

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #790 on: July 21, 2014, 05:36:52 PM »
OOC: No worries, thevshi. Feel better. :)

A sudden discomfort prompts Miruku to change the subject. "Have either of you ever been to Cait before?" she asks.

Offline Ronin84

« Reply #791 on: July 22, 2014, 03:54:22 PM »
OOC:  Have I?

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #792 on: July 22, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
OOC: Up to you. Cait has been a Federation member since 2260. They have been in contact with the Federation since the late 2240s (the Caitians were one of the earliest first contacts of the Federation Expansion Initiative that began in 2245).

Cait is closest to Starbase 11 (but Starbase 2 is also nearby). Those of you who have served on the Drake before would have likely visited Cait at least once in their time (the Drake has often operated out of Starbase 11). Non-Drake alumni may have visited Cait at their discretion.

Here is my Caitian writeup.

Offline Ronin84

« Reply #793 on: July 22, 2014, 05:10:49 PM »
A sudden discomfort prompts Miruku to change the subject. "Have either of you ever been to Cait before?" she asks.

"I've stopped there a few times, they love our coffee AND have a strong martial tradition."  Finishing up the meatballs, putting his napkin next to his plate. "A rather pleasant place if you ask me, I've always, in my mind, likened it to feudal Japan."

Smiling after taking a sip, "Is there an issue?"

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #794 on: July 23, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »
OOC: Going to wrap this up, so we can begin the next episode...

"Issue? No," Miruku replies quickly. "Just curious about the planet. I've never been in that sector before."

Rafe doesn't think she's being entirely truthful; however, Lt. Del Vecchio chimes in before he can pursue it any further.

"I'm certainly looking forward to the visit. It'll be my first time in that sector, too," she says, sipping her cup of caffè crema. Rafe notices the pair share a quick glance that seems to convey quite a bit of information in a split second. "Well, I'm due on the bridge for the first of our pre-departure tests. Commander. Ensign."

She smiles as they stand together. Once the helm officer departs, Rafe and Miruku return to their seats. As the ensign picks through her potatoes, she asks, "I'm not due on the bridge for another few hours; if you're not busy, sir, do you feel like hitting the gym with me?..."

OOC: Aaaaaaaaaand scene. Once Patrick completes Treyva's advancement, we'll start Episode 1.8: "The Ship of Ice."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:21:57 PM by Dafydd Jones »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk