Author Topic: IC - Stranded in Space  (Read 23373 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2005, 08:30:54 PM »
Doctor

Med-Bay

"Just one more for medicinal purposes ...."
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2005, 04:20:06 AM »
The fire seems to have gone almost completely out.  There is an emergency door a short ways down the corridor behind you that could be closed to prevent the smoke from the engine room from spreading through the rest of the ship if you choose to open the door to the engine room.  The door to the engine room can be opened manually with a little effort.
Prescott , you have not been able to get the fire control system reactivated, it looks like it must have been wiped out by the incoming blast. You could however, remotely blow one of the emergency hatches in the engine room and vent it to space, thus insuring that the fire is out. However, you are not sure if you can get the hatch to reclose afterwards.  If you can't, then it will be open to vacumn.  You could still get in, the emergency door in the corridor could be shut, then the air removed from the corridor, thus forming an airlock, then the door to the engine room could be opened.

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2005, 09:24:12 AM »
Prescott Harland - Outside Engine Room[/font]

To the crewmen with me
"Okay everyone fire system's gone out for good and this door's circuits too, so we'll have to barge our way in."
"One of you go close that door."(pointing to the emergency door a short ways down the corridor behind you)
"Once done we'll have to pry this blasted door open with our sweat gentlemen."
"Understood ?"
"Be sure to have suit on and enough air left before we go in,t'will be too late after that."

To the bridge :
"Prescott here, about to enter the engine room in a minute or two."
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline TJ

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2005, 10:21:36 AM »
"Good fortune" Ryan responds. "Keep us advised of your progress."

Turning to the pilot he asks, "What happens when their done with that? Are we going to just show up somewhere?"
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2005, 02:13:42 PM »
Reegus - Pilot - Madly pressing buttons and pulling levers

"Well, that's a good question..."

"It'll really depend on how bad the damage was to the ship's computers, I suppose.  I'm trying to find us a vector to take as soon as the fire is under control... but whether she'll take it or not is another matter."

"I recommend buckling up once we're ready to revert to normal-space," he adds with a wink.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 02:14:01 PM by lonejedi »
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2005, 06:12:36 AM »
Outside the Engine Room[/color]
Prescott, the Medic, and the Dutchman check their suits, the Dutchman goes and hits the button to close the emergency door.  Once it's closed, the Medic and Prescott heave on the big wheel which is off to the side of the door to the Engineering Room.  It sticks momentarily, then shoots open.  Rather than the smoke billowing out as you expected, the smoke in front of the engineering door dissipates as the air from the corridor rushes in.  Prescott immediately yells “Duck!” and dives to the side, dragging the Medic with him.  The Dutchman pauses for a second, then dives to the floor as a fireball suddenly forms in the doorway and comes shooting out into the corridor directly towards him.

Prescott and the Medic end up taking 15 hits and being stunned for 1 round, the visors on the helmets get a coating of soot on them, making it difficult to see.

The Dutchman takes 18 hits, with his arms getting slightly par-broiled.  He is stunned for 3 rounds and is at -10


The Medic and Prescott get further out of the way, small Heat Critical (-10). The Dutchman is not so lucky, medium Heat Critical.  The Space suits have a DB of 10, the attack roll for the fireball is 84.  Base DB is Agility bonus * 2

Dutch: 84 -10 -20  = 54

Prescott: 84 -10 -10 – 16 = 48
Medic (guessing agility bonus of 7): 84 -10 -10 -14 = 50  

[size=8][ November 10, 2005, 10:21 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 84. Reason : Fireball.
November 10, 2005, 10:17 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 82. Reason : Prescott Perception.
[ November 10, 2005, 10:16 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 38. Reason : Dutchman Perception.
[ November 10, 2005, 10:16 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 43. Reason : Medic Perception.
[ November 10, 2005, 10:03 pm ] - ob1knorrb rolled 1d100 and obtained 70. Reason : Prescott - Machine Operation. [/size]

Offline jaysek

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 153
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2005, 04:20:55 PM »
The Dutchman,

As soon as possible Dutch will "rise again" and start extinguishing.

OOC
Any chance of resisting the stun?

Offline TJ

  • GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2005, 01:14:24 AM »
Ryan turns to Reegus, "Once we revert to normal space let me know so I can see if I can figure out where we ended up."
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline lonejedi

  • Squire
  • *****
  • Posts: 82
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2005, 03:56:30 AM »
Reegus - Pilot - Stranded somewhere in hyperspace

"Will do."

"And I suspect that the violent shaking and small explosive noises will probably announce our reversion to realspace for me."
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2005, 10:42:38 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(jaysek @ Nov 11 2005, 10:20 AM)
The Dutchman,

As soon as possible Dutch will "rise again" and start extinguishing.

OOC
Any chance of resisting the stun?
The fireball only lasts a moment as all the available oxygen in the area is immediately consumed and the flames die down.  Once everyone recovers from the initial blast, it is fairly easy to track down the few remaining hot spots and extinguish the flames.  The smoke is still quite thick, and there is an oily film over everything.  After an initial inspection, Prescott is able to get the air scrubbers turned on and the smoke starts to clear.  A few hours of work will be required to fix the rest of the fire control system, a few pipes need replacing and some of the circuitry needs replacing. The engines however are a different story.  The sublight engines should be okay, although you would recommend only using half power to be safe and definitely no atmospheric landings.  As for getting back into hyperspace, forget it until you have a chance to look at them from the outside.  From what you can see, there is a major chunk of hull missing in the vicinity of the Lagrange drive and most likely a few important components went with it.

Up on the Bridge, if by some miricle your course wasn't altered, it will be four days before you reach the destination you aimed for.  If you happen to pop out at the closest system to the one you left, it would still be two days.  Assuming nothing else strange happened to affect your travel time.  You should get at least a fifteen minute warning through various sensor readings and the vibrations of the ship before you drop into Realspace, so you don't need to stay on the Bridge constantly.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 10:43:31 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline jaysek

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 153
    • http://
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2005, 05:56:44 PM »
The Dutchman

Hieronymus gets on his feet, extiguishes for a while and then moves over to the sick bay...

To doc:

"Hi, mind doing a bit of work? basic patching and band-aids mostly..."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 05:57:24 PM by jaysek »

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2005, 09:47:04 PM »
Prescott Harland - Inside Engine Room[/font]

Complaining and swearing all the way of the inspection
"*** this doesn't look good !"
To the crewmen who were with me
"Okay guys , thanks for the help, but now it's out of your league, you can go to the infirmary check on those burns, it's (telling them the way to it) and you're there."

Then over the comm to the bridge
"Prescott here,we've got the fire under control now sir, we got some light burns in the process but nothing incapacitating , i just sent them to the infirmary."
"The good news is that the fire didn't do that much damage, nothing a few hours of hard work can't mend."
*dramatic pause* and perhaps some reaction from bridge
"That was the godd news sir , ready for the ugly ones ?"
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 09:47:22 PM by crayok »
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline Maelstrom

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4627
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2005, 03:44:17 AM »
Toulaan

Toulaan remains on the bridge replaying what footage of the battle there is until given orders to be more useful.  Upon replaying the hit to the bar he mutters, "That was close!  Need to brush up on those precogs a tad."

If/when he's given orders to help mend the damage he'll do what little he can, even if it is just holding tools or material while others do the actual repairs.
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2005, 09:13:25 AM »
Prescott Harland - Inside Engine Room[/font]

With no response from the bridge
"I'll assume that's a yes then ..."
takes a breath
"We seem to have lost some part of our hyperdrive."
"Can't say the extent of the damage 'till i go out and check for myself and it's impossible until we're back to normal space."
"That being said, can you give me an estimate of our leaving hyperspace ?"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:14:07 AM by crayok »
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2005, 11:43:29 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Nov 15 2005, 09:44 PM)
Toulaan

Toulaan remains on the bridge replaying what footage of the battle there is until given orders to be more useful.  Upon replaying the hit to the bar he mutters, "That was close!  Need to brush up on those precogs a tad."

If/when he's given orders to help mend the damage he'll do what little he can, even if it is just holding tools or material while others do the actual repairs.
You notice something interesting when you get near the end of the battle footage.  Just before you made the jump to hyperspace, one of the scanners picked up what appears to be another Silth ship approaching the Jump point fairly close behind you.  Possibly even two of them.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 11:44:03 PM by ob1knorrb »

Offline allenmaher

  • Herald
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
    • http://sask.nfgh.com
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2005, 10:11:14 PM »
Phill

Searches for a galley... stays out of peoples way.
"there has to be stuff to make a sandwhich somewhere"
Cyradon On-line Digital Gaming Table Campaign.  Every friday night 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Always room for more players...

Offline Maelstrom

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4627
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2005, 12:59:06 AM »
Toulaan

Having finished his viewing of teh battle, Toulaan goes in search of the captain.  "Captain, after viewing the recordings of the battle I noticed a couple of interesting things.  First, One of the missiles fired at the station hit the lounge we met in.  Second, and more importantly, one or two silth fighters came into view shortly before we made hyperspace.  Would it be okay if one of the crew taught me how to use the ships systems, such as fire control, sensors or electronic warfare?  I might be able to enhance the ships systems while someone else is using them"

OOC: would it be possible for Toulaan to use his psionic abilities to meld with the computer during a battle and add some bonus to the operator of that system.  Kind of smooth the internal working of that system for greater efficiency?
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

  • Moderator
  • Baron
  • *
  • Posts: 1900
    • ICE RPG Webring
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2005, 03:20:30 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Maelstrom @ Nov 17 2005, 06:59 PM)
OOC: would it be possible for Toulaan to use his psionic abilities to meld with the computer during a battle and add some bonus to the operator of that system.  Kind of smooth the internal working of that system for greater efficiency?
I'll look into that (see the OOC thread)

Offline crayok

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3640
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2005, 04:02:11 PM »
Prescott Harland - Inside Engine Room[/font]

Now i will start to
1) Clean the mess ( and grab any freeloader that i can grab ;) )
2) Make a checklist of what is to be repaired
3) Sort what i can't repair in actual conditions ( lack of pieces,hyperspace,etc..) and what is needed for the repairs
4) Work on what can be repaired till there's nothing more i can do or we jump back into normal space.
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline Gribble

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 2165
  • Easy Tiger
IC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2005, 12:19:08 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(jaysek @ Nov 14 2005, 05:56 PM)


"Hi, mind doing a bit of work? basic patching and band-aids mostly..."
The Doctor:

The Doctor hastily hides any evidence of his 'medicinal' as the door slides open.

He eyes the visitor up and down carefully, running a quick diagnostic and making some notes before replying.

"Hmm.  This is really work for the nurse but seeing as he is busy playing with matches I don't mind getting my hands dirty."

He sways slightly as he reaches for a strange silvery object that looks like it might be used in some alien races torture chamber.

"Drop your trousers and bend over, this wont hurt a bit..."
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk