HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 11:44:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350764
  • Total Topics: 7462
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Episode 1.9: Twilight of the Cat  (Read 97203 times)

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
Re: Episode 1.9: Twilight of the Cat
« Reply #920 on: March 05, 2017, 11:21:50 PM »
Rish'ga's ears perk up in curiosity as he joins the others.

Son of Brother to Leader of Left replies, "Pull was like being tugged by rope. Sometimes I gave in and let it guide. Sometimes it was not strong enough to take me. Sometimes it pulled me where it wanted to go."

"Fear does that to us, sometimes, though it isn't a constant companion," Rish'ga offers.

The other blinks. "I never felt fear."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #921 on: March 08, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »
The healer explains, "It's like your pull; fear can be weak, or it can be too strong to resist. But, it is not always with us, so it is not a constant fight against it."

"I...think I understand." The primitive is silent for several moments, then suddenly adds, "Your fear smell is less."

Rish'ga nods in response. "I don't know if it's me or you."

"It's him," the doctor says. "His fear-scent receptors are no longer hypersensitive -- a byproduct of the virus, I found.

"Captain," he continues, "I have scanned all four primitives and several Kharans; no trace of the virus. Once orbital decontamination is complete, it shouldn't bother them again."

OOC: Oh, I don't think anyone thought to contact the Caitian government or Starbase 11. Since it's been a day, shall we say one or both were done?

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
    • CODA Star Trek RPG Support Site
« Reply #922 on: March 08, 2017, 07:41:46 PM »
OOC: Yeah, the Captain's player got distracted. I've got something to say later on a real keyboard.

And both. Treyva isn't exactly happy with Cait at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:44:43 PM by PGoodman13 »
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #923 on: March 09, 2017, 06:31:48 PM »
"Thank you, Doctor," Treyva replied, and then turned back to the Kharans. "It's going to take a bit of getting used to, for both your people," he said to them. "Other enclaves and tribes are going to need to be notified of what's happened," he continued, "and you're going to need each other. There are many injured, especially among the primitive tribes; their healers are going to be overwhelmed."

To Rish'ga, he said, "You're going to have to help them, and you're going to have to recruit from other enclaves to do that. You're going to need his people's help to ensure safe passage for your messengers." He turned to Son of Brother to Leader of Left. "Many of your people were hurt; you're going to need his people's help to get them healing, and that will mean convincing your chief to accept the aid and making sure that they're safe as they move about your villages." He paused for a moment. "You're going to have to learn to talk to each other. It's not going to be easy; generations of fear and prejudice are often hard to put aside, but you're going to have to find a way."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #924 on: March 09, 2017, 11:25:27 PM »
"You speak. I hear," the primitive replies, dipping his head. Turning to Rish'ga, he says, "We go. I come back with leaders and chief in few days. They will see you no prey."

With a look towards the captain, Rish'ga responds, "Perhaps we shouldn't wait that long. I can heal, and I can teach your queens new ways of healing. If it is permitted, I can go with you now."

The primitives trade glances, and Son of Brother to Leader of Left dips his head. "You will come, then."

"I will gather my supplies," he says. To the captain, Rish'ga adds, "Thank you, Captain Treyva. You have given us hope for a future for our children. And you have given me the joy of experiencing something new.

"There was once a ritual of departure among my people, an acknowledgement and a blessing," the medicine man explains. "I was blessed, Captain, to have you in my company, and to exchange ideas and experiences. May your journeys always be so."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #925 on: March 09, 2017, 11:26:28 PM »
OOC: Unless you have anything else to add, let's do a wrap-up scene on the bridge as you folks break orbit. Everyone to the bridge. ;)

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #926 on: March 10, 2017, 05:05:28 AM »
OOC: Sounds good to me.

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #927 on: March 10, 2017, 06:02:34 PM »
Captain's Log, Stardate 8616.4: Orbital contamination of Khara was successful, and we are confident the Kharans will be able to make peace with each other. We left our enclave with two new wind-power generators and a Chappe semaphore station, and have given them plans and instructions on how to build more.

We have sent a report to both Cait and Starbase 11, and expect the Caitians to send a relief ship to continue aid at other enclaves. With a little luck and a lot of diplomacy, I have hopes that the Kharan civilization will survive and rebuild.

Meanwhile, I have...words...I want to share with the Caitian government, and I will get that chance in a couple of weeks...

The command crew is at their bridge stations as the ship prepares for departure. Doctors Welch and Dourap are standing near the center seat as the planet slides out of view on the main screen.

"Breaking standard orbit, Captain," Maria reports from her station.

Cathy adds, "Course for Cait plotted, sir."

"Course ahead is clear for egress out of the system," Paula notes.

Miguel adds, "All communication channels are clear, Captain."

As the ship glides on its departure angle, Katrina leans in and says, "So, your fourth first contact as captain. Another world saved, you think?"

OOC: Sorak is at the engineering station. Rafe is at the weapons control station, and Cadet Schrepfermann is at the Weapons Sub-System Checkout Station.

Also, PM me roleplaying award votes between Sorak, Dourap, and Treyva.

Offline llashb

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #928 on: March 10, 2017, 08:29:42 PM »
OOC:  Dourap  does all the work and the Captain gets the thank you. LOL

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #929 on: March 10, 2017, 08:35:51 PM »
OOC: He's taller and better looking.

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #930 on: March 11, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
"Take us to warp 4, Maria," he said. "We've still got some things to do."

Turning to the two doctors, he said, "Dr. Dourap, in case I haven't said it before...nice work. Not many people can put 'saved civilization of entire planet' in their CV." He looked at Katrina and continued. "How do your people put it? 'Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise,' I think. That's how Admiral Vandenboogard says it, anyway." He leaned back in his chair and thought for a moment. "I think they're going to be all right, especially if the Caitians follow through with relief efforts."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #931 on: March 14, 2017, 04:07:27 PM »
"Warp Four, aye, sir," Maria acknowledges. Next to her, Cathy lays in the course to Cait.

As the ship quickly accelerates along its departure vector, Katrina notes dryly, "It'll be two papers in as many years, won't it? I've struggled to get just the one published since I arrived on board."

Replying to the captain, she adds, "They seem to have a vested interest in doing so."

The surgeon pauses, mulling something in her own head. "How are you going to approach the Caitian church allegations?"

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #932 on: March 14, 2017, 04:45:37 PM »
The captain rubbed his temples. "Current speed? I've got a little over 320 hours to figure that out, a considerable portion of which will be spent consulting with Misskar and the other Caitians on board. She's been bringing them up to speed on what happened down there." He leaned back and sighed. "It's going to have to be delicately handled, but there's a great deal of explaining that needs to be done, in my estimation. A considerable portion of Caitian history got rewritten down there."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #933 on: March 14, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
"Secret warp drive. Secret first contact," Katrina notes. "But, today was a win. Let's enjoy that for the next hundred hours or so...still gives you plenty of time to work out how you're going to deal with all this. And, you know, bend the ear of a good listener."

The chief surgeon lays a hand on her friend's shoulder, and then turns for the turbolift. "Come along, doctor; I want to hear all about your groundbreaking discoveries down there."

<cue music>
</scene>

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #934 on: March 14, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »
OOC:

Okay, experience.

Treyva 1,036
Sorak 936
Dourap 962

I'm still waiting on roleplay award recommendations from Doug and Phil.

Treyva: 20,848
Sorak: 17,579
Dourap: 13,567

All three characters have earned an advancement.

Offline llashb

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #935 on: March 14, 2017, 11:47:49 PM »
OOC: Mr. Goodman seams to have been the major contributor to the actions and dialog.

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #936 on: March 15, 2017, 03:40:01 PM »
Roleplaying Awards

Treyva 125
Sorak 80
Dourap 45

New totals:
Treyva 20,973
Sorak 17,659
Dourap 13,612