HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2019, 04:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 348720
  • Total Topics: 7443
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: dungeons and dragons map creator software?  (Read 1609 times)

Offline mysteriousmonkey29

• Page
dungeons and dragons map creator software?
« on: December 15, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
Hello, my brother plays dungeons and dragons with his friends, and he spends a lot of time on map creation when he is the DM. They play on a homemade projector table to which the DM can connect a laptop. Currently, my brother uses Photoshop for map creation, but it seems to me that there has to be a better software for this to save him some time. After some investigation online, I found plenty of map creation software. However, he mentioned that he would like a feature that I have not been able to find anywhere. Specifically, he wants something similar to presentation view in PowerPoint--he wants to see a slightly different version of the map on his laptop than is presented through the projector (he would like to have hidden monsters or aspects of the map that are simultaneously visible to him on his laptop and invisible to the players on the projector)

Other features he is looking for is the ability to toggle between multiple levels on a map. For example, he has one castle map that has 5 stories, which he currently shifts by toggling layers in Photoshop. Also, I think he wants to be able to move parts of the map during the play time (otherwise I could just get him any old map creation software and then have him put it into PowerPoint for multiple layers and presentation view).

Unfortunately, my hopes are not high that something like this exists, but does anyone know anything that might do this? Help would be much appreciated

DriveThruRPG.com