HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 11:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349145
  • Total Topics: 7443
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 15
Total: 18

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Aylesbury Peasants IC: Chapter 2 - Eclipse of Chaos  (Read 10588 times)

Offline dr pepper

• Knight of the Purple Sash
Re: Aylesbury Peasants IC: Chapter 2 - Eclipse of Chaos
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2016, 06:37:38 AM »
Is Maggie there? Also, Cuthbert attempts to find the source of the smell.

She is there and also in a deep slumber.  As Master Cuthbert looks around he finds another silvery portal and a plant-like protrusion has latched onto the faces of one of the children.  It quivers and pulses as if blood is pumping through it.

Cuthbert uses his knife to pry the protrusion from the child's face, murmuring the Ritual of Protection as he does so. He then scrubs the child's face with some of the rock powder. He tosses some of the powder at the portal, then shines the amulet at it. Finally he dusts all the children in the circle and marks protective symbols around them.

Whether that does anything or not he leaves afterward. Anything done here is at best a stop gap. This started with Drueta and Lord Rafe. Nothing more can be done for her, now to see what state he is in.

Cuthbert takes one of the two lanterns and heads for the manor.
I voted for Hillary, and i didn't even get a stupid tshirt!

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »
Mudface

Seeing the dead woman on the floor turns again hoping to keep control of his stomach, but this time his stomach wins and he vomits just outside the door. When he's done he asks Halfapple: "What are we hoping to find here...it seems the demon was already here...maybe he's still here...I don't think there's anyone left to help us...especially if even the Lordess is dead."

Offline samwise7

• Marquis
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2016, 12:56:44 AM »
Cuthbert uses his knife to pry the protrusion from the child's face, murmuring the Ritual of Protection as he does so. He then scrubs the child's face with some of the rock powder. He tosses some of the powder at the portal, then shines the amulet at it. Finally he dusts all the children in the circle and marks protective symbols around them.

The child's face tears as the protrusion is removed, and he will have a horrendous scar if he lives.

The ritual, and the tossing of powder seems to have been very effective.  The protrusion withers and turns into beetles that screech and then curl up and die.  The portal closes.

Whether that does anything or not he leaves afterward. Anything done here is at best a stop gap. This started with Drueta and Lord Rafe. Nothing more can be done for her, now to see what state he is in.

Cuthbert takes one of the two lanterns and heads for the manor.

See the new IC thread.
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

http://samwise7.yolasite.com/

Offline samwise7

• Marquis
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2016, 12:59:17 AM »
Seeing the dead woman on the floor turns again hoping to keep control of his stomach, but this time his stomach wins and he vomits just outside the door. When he's done he asks Halfapple: "What are we hoping to find here...it seems the demon was already here...maybe he's still here...I don't think there's anyone left to help us...especially if even the Lordess is dead."

Halfapple shrugs. 

"I know not what we will find within, but perhaps we can glean a bit of truth, even it is is only from the corpses we find.  If we don't make it back out of... there, then know that I have enjoyed the times we have shared in laughter and good times.  Let us think on those as we walk into the unknown."

Halfapple and Mudface enter into the Manor. 

See the new IC thread.
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

http://samwise7.yolasite.com/