HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 07:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349223
  • Total Topics: 7443
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6
Total: 6

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: The Show Must Go On: IC thread  (Read 9298 times)

Offline Barrow

• Viscount
The Show Must Go On: IC thread
« on: November 04, 2017, 01:53:06 PM »
The garage sits away from the house, among the trees. In and of itself, it's unremarkable: a derelict square of a building, big enough for a single car, with flaking white paint and a roof in disrepair, with a sliding door that somehow still stays on its tracks.

Inside, piled on shelves and on the floor along the walls, are hints that in ancient times an actual car was kept within. Oil cans, tools, gas cans, rags, and the like round the perhipery of the floor, waiting mutely on a Chevrolet truck that is never returning. No, those days are gone, now... now, all the automotive detritus has been swept into the corners to make room for progress. For... greatness.

Because this is not really a garage. It is a crucible. It is where legends are born.

They might be in there, even now. If you listen carefully, oh passer-by, you might hear their immortal hearts beating...(cue drums)...

(OOC: Everyone roll 1d100)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:35:59 PM by Barrow »

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: The Show Must Go On: IC thread
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 06:42:43 PM »
Doornail Sanger, being tired from working the closing shift last night looks more like a raccoon than a true human being. The dark bags under his eyes look like he's ready, willing, and packed for a country-wide tour...  To wake himself up he headbutts the wall that has several graffiti covered stop and yield signs nailed to it.  That seems to do the trick.  He mounts the drum set that he saved for, bled for, and stole for.  It has electrical tape and bent metal clothes hangers keeping part of it together, and it is comprised of 3 different colors (black, red, and a dull brown).  Several band stickers are also used in strategic places to support its weak structure and to keep his stick holder and cowbell in place.  The bass pedal looks like something built from a post-apocalyptic junk yard, but it works, and works well (if Doornail remembers to oil the Hell out of it). 

He hits his sticks together and counts out loud as he does so.

"One!  Two!  Three! Four!"

Rolled 1d100 : 47, total 47

(OOC: Edited typos and deleted weird extra [ tags ])
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:11:31 PM by samwise7 »
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

http://samwise7.yolasite.com/

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 02:22:04 AM »
Bruce Doornail Sanger

While waiting for the others to inhale, drink, or inject their addiction of choice and plug in the guitar and mic, Bruce starts chanting Encephalopathic Discharge in different ways along with the improvised drumming. 

"En...Ceph!
En...Ceph!
Alo...Alo!
Pathic! Pathic!
DisssssssCharge!

Discharge your kind!
Discard your mind!

Leaking
Peaking
Reeking

Encephalo!
Encephalo!
Pathic!
Dis...Dis...Disssss...
Discharge!"

Rolled 1d100 : 70, total 70

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 02:56:48 AM »
Seemingly oblivious to his bandmates, Doornail bangs away, adding in more complexity (messing it up, swearing, and then starting over from the top).  For good measure he cranks out a cow bell strike or ten. 

"Vent the noxious liquid
Suck it in your gut
Spit it on the surface
I don't give a F..."

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »
Ziggy

Walks in the garage with a hangover and a foul mood. When he hears the loud banging of Sanging...he curses a loud "F@#$ Sanger! my head"...he blinks once more, trying to focus...instinctively grabs his flask of cheap bourbon...takes a very large sip. Just when he's about to swear some more at his fellow band member...the last lines of lyrics hit him

Suck it in your gut
Spit it on the surface
I don't give a F...

Oh yeah...I like this...F...Yeah MotherF...

He takes another big gulp...grabs his guitar and starts blasting riffs like he wants to kill the world with music

Offline Barrow

• Viscount
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 01:23:14 PM »
Roll for Ziggy

Rolled 1d100 : 77, total 77

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 01:40:48 PM »
Bruce Doornail Sanger

When Ziggy picks up his guitar and starts beating it like a redheaded stepchild Bruce's face cracks with an ornery smile. 

"Lay down, lay down
Open up your skull
Scrambled, Scrambled
Time for the cull"

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »
Doornail

The speed of the drums kicks into overdrive and Sanger's right hand is bleeding from hitting the snare.

"Encephalopathic
Maniac disguise
Leaking out world's demise
Crawling, screaming, hating
From the Earth it shall rise"

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 01:57:56 PM »
Doornail chucks an extra drum stick in a fluid motion that clatters off the wall near Clive's head.

"Hey Clive, my voice sounds like a dying grandmother.  Get in here with those pipes."

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 02:06:17 PM »
Ziggy

Follows along in the rage, playing whatever comes to mind, but when the initial adrenaline subsides, starts playing around with what riff best suits the song and the drum rage.

He plays a different riff every other couplet and when he found it...plays that for a couple. Then and only then when he found the tune to the beat, does he become aware of his surroundings. He sees Sanger's hand bleeding and stops and shouts:

"Wow man, slow down, slow down...listen to this...follow me man...whaddaya think" He then starts blasting his riffs again letting the drums lead...waiting for Sanger to find the right bass tune to follow.

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 02:28:37 PM »
Doornail swings his hand around splattering some of his blood on the wall of street signs behind him.

He adjusts the drums to fit the guitar parts, slowing down into something that more resembles drum parts of a song. 

Rolled 1d100 : 24, total 24

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 02:34:14 PM »
Sanger can't seem to play the slower stuff at the moment right.  He flies into a rage, kicking over one of the 5-gallon buckets holding the leaking rain water from the garage roof.  He picks up one of the symbol stands and smashes it off another wall, scattering old oil cans, WD40, and a box of rusty files all over the floor.

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 03:46:26 PM »
Sanger suddenly stops and writes the word CEPHALOIDS on the rough wooden wall in his own blood.

"Cephaloids, they wail in grief
Drawn from cold forgotten vats
Sprayed with caustic accelerant
Born in violence, a life brief"

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:53:29 PM by samwise7 »

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 03:58:50 PM »
Ziggy

Stops playing and shouts: "Woah dude...calm down...take chill pill...here I have one for you" his hand reaches into the inside of his jacket

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 04:03:51 PM »
Sanger heads to the beat up fridge that he got second-hand from his grandfather.  The thing is ancient, and it has batches of scrawled paper held to it with magnets.  He yanks the door open, grabs one of his father's beers and pops the top.  He then takes the 5-gallon bucket, flips it over, and then sits down roughly on it.  Looking over at Ziggy, he shakes his head.

"Nah... I'll paddle down the same river of addiction that my father has mapped out for me."

He takes a big swig of it, and then heads back over to his set, looking at it like some monster he means to slay.   

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 04:10:42 PM »
Ziggy

"Your loss man...I use it for medicational purposes only you know. Looks like you're having a rougher morning than me dude"

He pauzes as if to contemplate something

"The drumbeat was F-ing brutal man...we need to clean up the lyrics though bro...that 'shiznit' didn't make any sense to me other than to channel pure f-ing anger...which I digg completely, but we can't perform that 'shiznit'...maybe Clive can have a crack at the lyrics"

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 04:21:47 PM »
Doornail

"Just spittin' out the weird stuff that pops into my head.  Jamming out and such.  Good ole inspiration that comes from sleep deprivation, stress, and wanting to punch my father in the throat.  Also, who's to say lyrics need to make sense all the time?  If they make you feel, or paint some strange visuals in your head, then I'd say that's good too.  Might not sell though, or be requested at Bar Mitzvahs much..."

He takes another swig of beer.

"Not sure about you, but sometimes I feel like I channel other thoughts rather than come up with them myself.  My muse must be one messed up creature with broken wings, and razors in its throat."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:27:41 PM by samwise7 »

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 04:46:36 PM »
Ziggy

"That's pretty F-up man...you sure you don't want some of these?" he holds up a bag of pills "calm me the F... down...with a nice little buzz kicked in for fun" he laughs as he pops one himself to prove the point "Hmmmm...my muse right there"

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 05:52:01 PM »
Bruce Doornail Sanger

"Don't think I'd be any good as a drummer being all calm and mellow yellow.  I'd be crap with a guitar though, so maybe that's how it works for you.  I don't know.  Your muse ain't mine, but maybe yours can tweak my words and improve them.  What are the Voices in the Capsules saying to you?"

He takes a longer swig.

"Like, mine are hitting me with this little tidbit right now to go with the vats, and discharge stuff:

Unhallowed sludge
From nostrils pours"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:56:48 PM by samwise7 »

Offline Barrow

• Viscount
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 06:02:15 PM »
As the embryonic song develops, Clive jumps in with backing vocals. He stays out of the way of Doornail's rage-driven ranting, and instead gives it context with a haunting backdrop of tenor, that is part Delta-blues, part jazz-scat, and part church-choir.

The effect is mesmerizing. As Ziggy jumps in with his chemically-fueled guitar licks, fifteen-year-old Kurt Sanger looks up from his comic book, with his jaw sagging.

When Ziggy and Doornail stop to re-medicate, Kurt pipes in from his usual chair in the front corner, by the sliding door. "That was boss, guys. Where'd that come from?"

(OOC: One of the gods raises an eyebrow, ever so slightly, as a hint of a sound reaches his ear, barely a whisper,across the vastness. Mojo +1. Doornail gets +2 Strut for initiating the song and driving it; Clive and Ziggy each get +1 Strut.)