Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2019, 02:39:55 AM »
He did but is glad to be home, nothing like one's own bed.  I am ready to play again.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2020, 06:53:08 PM »
I'm back. Forum hasn't been working for me, but hopefully everything has been sorted out.  :huh:

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2020, 09:37:53 PM »
Hey gang. I’ve had connectivity issues too. Was the board down?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2020, 04:33:34 AM »
Yes the only link I found to work was the donation lik, which provided an e-mail for Andrew.  I e-mailed him and within 3 days he had it back up.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2020, 08:00:14 AM »
I'm back too. ;)

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2020, 06:54:07 AM »
Yeah, it's been down since before Christmas for me.  Frustrating timing to say the least.  But I'm back and ready to go.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2020, 11:21:31 PM »

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2020, 05:30:02 AM »
Nice, Just X.

I don't wargame, but I do like the occasional miniature and I've been thinking about creating a small Sumerian army for a little bit.  CP Models has a great Sumerian line.  I just wish I could justify the price.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2020, 11:23:25 PM »
Great that you overcame your troubles with accessing the site, Enheduanna! :mellow: I hope this won't start a new time of troubles. The ICE offical site has been down for weeks. How did you 'clean the cache' just in case it happens to me again?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2020, 12:37:33 AM »
checked out the Sumerian line.  Never there was such a thing as a straddle cart, but it makes perfect sense.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2020, 05:40:13 AM »
Great that you overcame your troubles with accessing the site, Enheduanna! :mellow: I hope this won't start a new time of troubles. The ICE offical site has been down for weeks. How did you 'clean the cache' just in case it happens to me again?
I'm frankly not sure what worked, since it's working fine for me now.  I just cleared everything out of my browser and used a mobile hotspot.  I'm back on my home internet connection now.

checked out the Sumerian line.  Never there was such a thing as a straddle cart, but it makes perfect sense.
So not to promote my own stuff, but you might find this post I made about Old Babylonian chariots interesting.

There's a bunch of sources for the information that went into that post, but probably the most detailed is Stallman and Tallis's Armies of the Ancient Near East, 3000 BC to 539 BC.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2020, 01:34:36 PM »
I'll check that out! I also like the Medieval books of the the Wargames Research Group. These two I haven't read yet, but they might have good stuff.

[Wargames Research Group] 01 Armies and Enemies of Ancient Egypt and Assyria 3200-612 BC OCR (Alan Buttery, 1974)
[Wargames Research Group] 02 Armies and Enemies of the Ancient Near East 3000-539 BC OCR (Nigel Stillman & Nigel Tallis, 1984)

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2020, 11:50:08 PM »
A general question about the Minoan view of politics, does the throne in Knossos have a preference as who rules in this part of the world? Is the King ambivalent as to the local power struggles?  Or is Klumenos simply a source of information with no understanding of how it is interpreted back home?

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2020, 04:00:00 AM »
Knossos is pretty distant from Mesopotamia during this era.

I suspect the Minoan king would have a preference for who controlled the major trade routes along the Mediterranean -- Egypt, of course; and the important cities of the Mediterranean coast (which for the time being fall under the hegemony of Yarim-Lim I of Yamhad), Halab, Alalah, Ebla and Ugarit.  But the Minoans have no real interest who rules in Mesopotamia.  They're not a threat, and any trade embassies will just want to deal with whoever is in control, not caring who that person or city is.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2020, 07:44:31 PM »
Just to clarify then Klumenos is on a general mission to gather information and pass it home.  He is not intended to direct politics in a specific direction or carryout any specific tasks?

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2020, 03:32:59 AM »
Just to clarify then Klumenos is on a general mission to gather information and pass it home.  He is not intended to direct politics in a specific direction or carryout any specific tasks?
Eh, I'll leave that up to you?  Certainly becoming an ally of one or another king could be useful.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2020, 11:29:25 PM »
So diplomatic.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk